Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

What is wrong with buying in game items and stuff from Tenno Gen?

Lapus-Lupus

On 8/31/2017 at 9:12 AM, Ksaero said:

Perhaps those people want Warframe to lose its money support and get closed.

Nah, they're just jealous.

Or perhaps they think 5 dollars for 1 skin is a joke. Black Ops 2 Camos are cheaper than a Tennogen skin and those Camos are from Activision. 

Spoiler

05890267c91d0171b07b2f3e024615d7.png

35b5a1ad38fa66b7845d9f0a05ede98f.png

230114_908223010.png

Edited by --Q--Voltage

5 minutes ago, --Q--Voltage said:

Or perhaps they think 5 dollars for 1 skin is a joke. Black Ops 2 Camos are cheaper than that from Activision. 

Reveal hidden contents

f6dccaa6de27fced817b072c235c5810.png

230114_908223010.png

That $5 is actually nothing compare to CSGO.
In CSGO, just a cosmetic knife can cost up to thousand or hundreds

L0p9CL7.png

Source (From steam community market): http://steamcommunity.com/market/search?q=karambit#p1_price_desc

Right but $5 for something that look OP is totally worth it. Also not like they force ya to pay for it. The game is totally "Free to Play". But DE still need money to keep the server up for players to play the game. So why nobody ever think about that? $5 to support DE and get OP skin. Come on, DE working their butts off to keep the game free for everyone to play. Support them with tennogen is something that players should do. Its optional, ya either support them or don't get jealous to player that have it. If everyone think it way too expensive and nobody buy tennogen, the game woulda die off... cuz DE not gonna have enough money to keep the server up for so many players.

Edited by blAcE_

19 minutes ago, --Q--Voltage said:

Or perhaps they think 5 dollars for 1 skin is a joke. Black Ops 2 Camos are cheaper than a Tennogen skin and those Camos are from Activision. 

Hide contents

230114_908223010.png

That's a weapon skin in an FPS game where nobody even really notices if an enemy has a shiny gun.

Tennogen is rather cheap if you compare it to MMORPG cosmetics or even League of Legends cosmetics, which are sold for as much as $30.

Just now, Heckzu said:

That's a weapon skin in an FPS game where nobody even really notices if an enemy has a shiny gun.

Tennogen is rather cheap if you compare it to MMORPG cosmetics or even League of Legends cosmetics, which are sold for as much as $30.

He gonna say those are MOBA not MMORPG cosmetics XD

16 minutes ago, blAcE_ said:

Right but $5 for something that look OP is totally worth it. Also not like they force ya to pay for it. The game is totally "Free to Play". But DE still need money to keep the server up for players to play the game. So why nobody ever think about that? $5 to support DE and get OP skin. Come on, DE working their butts off to keep the game free for everyone to play. Support them with tennogen is something that players should do. Its optional, ya either support them or don't get jealous to player that have it.

Just because I am smart with my money doesn't make me jealous others use Tennogen. I am showing how overpriced they are and how that perspective is relevant with a comparison of similar nature. Steam takes a huge cut from Tennogen, so the "support DE" mentality is hardly true because:

1) Consoles do not have to pay DE/Valve directly. Some players, if not many, can get Tennogen for free
2) Tennogen needs to split between Valve, DE, and the Creator
3) DE already makes plenty of money from Prime Access, Platinum Purchases, Console exclusive packages, and Tennogen as of a year ago. If they can afford to advertise on TV in Canada, they most certainly do not need my money.

Investing in a company is totally optional, and I totally understand your point, but comparing a Counter Strike knife skin to TennoGen just does not work, and I would like to spend my money on something that uses said money for good use. cough developing conclave further cough

Edited by --Q--Voltage

3 minutes ago, Heckzu said:

Can you pick up team mates and enemy weapons off the ground in Warframe? No. Call of Duty skins are very noticable, why do you think people care about going for Gold/Diamond/Dark Matter/Royalty camos?

There is no flaw in my arguement. Both games charge you for 1 skin. People want to look good in video games regardless of what you are playing. It could be Fallout, Warframe, Skyrim, Call of Duty, Need for Speed, who cares. I am just pointing out the irony of how a Call of Duty skin is half the cost of a warframe skin of a similar caliber even though CoD is viewed as the "scam" type of game and how everything DE does is backed by the knights calling for "gotta feed the Devs".

2 minutes ago, --Q--Voltage said:

Just because I am smart with my money doesn't make me jealous others use Tennogen. I am showing how overpriced they are and how that perspective is relevant with a comparison of similar nature. Steam takes a huge cut from Tennogen, so the "support DE" mentality is hardly true because:

1) Consoles do not have to pay DE/Valve directly
2) Tennogen needs to split between Valve, DE, and the Creator
3) DE already makes plenty of money from Prime Access, Platinum Purchases, Console exclusive packages, and Tennogen as of a year ago. If they can afford to advertise on TV in Canada, they most certainly do not have my sympathy for "gotta feed the devs".

Investing in a company is totally optional, and I totally understand your point, but comparing a Counter Strike knife skin to TennoGen just does not work, and I would like to spend my money on something that uses said money for good use.

They should actually make it pay directly on their site so doesn't have to split with valve (Which can reduce the price cost). Split with creator is pretty fair. Someone actually take a lot of time to design it.

A lot of people get jealous of others using Tennogen. Then they go complain saying they don't have credit card or paypal or such to buy Tennogen. Tho, its all optional...

Just now, blAcE_ said:

They should actually make it pay directly on their site so doesn't have to split with valve (Which can reduce the price cost). Split with creator is pretty fair. Someone actually take a lot of time to design it.

A lot of people get jealous of others using Tennogen. Then they go complain saying they don't have credit card or paypal or such to buy Tennogen. Tho, its all optional...

DE is in a contract. Valve and the Steam Workshop helped to make the project what it is now. This option is not possible.
There is a difference between "I am mad because I cannot afford skin X" and "Why does player X get skin Y for free and I cannot".

The only complaining I saw on a regular basis was how PC players get shoved with 5-6 dollars Steam cash and console players can get it for free if they trade for their platinum. Their argument is valid and is not about jealousy.

1 minute ago, --Q--Voltage said:

There is no flaw in my arguement. Both games charge you for 1 skin.

Except one game charges you an initial $60(?) fee whereas the other charges you $0. 

If you aren't a whale, then buying a few skins for $5-6 each is usually cheaper than spending $60 plus $2 per skin. The CoD skin prices you mentioned are only cheaper if you buy 15+ items. So you think the majority of the player base consists of whales?

Nothing is, Some people just dont like anything and are best ignored. If you like the item and can afford to buy it then do what you will. What the game does need is a way to Gift Tennogen, I have a few friends who would love to have some of the Tennogen content but cant afford to spend anything on the game where as i can afford to here and there.

53 minutes ago, --Q--Voltage said:

Reveal hidden contents

230114_908223010.png

Wait, 5 dollars? I agree it's too much, in my country 1 skin costs a sum equal to 2.5 dollars.

But anyways, my comment was more to the last statement of OP.

11 minutes ago, AzureTerra said:

What the game does need is a way to Gift Tennogen, I have a few friends who would love to have some of the Tennogen content but cant afford to spend anything on the game where as i can afford to here and there.

Now that would be a very nice feature.  There have been a few times that I've wanted to gift a Tennogen skin or have one gifted to me.  :D

There are a few comments here going on about the OP being "toxic" or over-reacting "to one comment" but I'm reading it as more generalized than a one time deal.

I've seen this kind of behaviour so often it does make you ponder how some people out there harbor so much hatred for those who buy literally anything in games lol.

Buy something if you want it. Get over it if you don't. Arguements against supporting development or content creation in ANY place only ever come across as grabby to me, but thats me. I DO understand the gripe with steam cash cost compared to other platforms but again, its optional anyway and not needed so thems the breaks.

Personally I prefer to buy the market/DE skins but Ive bought a few tennogen things lately as I find them to my liking. I've also bought the last few prime access for personal reasons that have made the grinding I used to do impossible, as well as the fact I enjoy supporting the games development (which is also why I prefer the market stuff over tennogen).

End of the day, I've done 1500+ hours so far. If I dont want to grind and grind still after that much time and I earn my own money, I dont care who has an issue with my shineys. They can whine and moan and waste their energy if that's their choice, it's not their money Im spending.

11 hours ago, UltraGreedier said:

This topic is really toxic, and the OP is the toxic one. From what they told us it's nothing more than a player complaining that an item is overpriced. It does not mean it is whining, nor does it give you the right to generalize and say "haters just want the game to close down" or "just poor people being jealous and hating". Do people seriously $&*^ride their favorite game so hard just a simple mention of somebody being displeased with the game is enough to get everyone hating on them? 

The one being toxic is the one who made the comment that wasn't really needed.  A comment that was pretty much negative about another's purchase without being asked.  My quote below still holds true.     

On ‎8‎/‎31‎/‎2017 at 3:43 PM, DatDarkOne said:

Since he/she didn't use their money to make the purchase, they can't really comment other than saying that's nice or nothing at all.  

"If you don't have anything nice to say, don't say anything at all."

I once had a few family members tell me that I should have bought a larger car and not a sports car.  I told them, "When you buy a car for me, then you can say what kind I get.  Until then you all can shut the hell up."  

Edited by DatDarkOne
clarity

It's too expensive, for 12 yo kids.

Most people complaining about the prices are just kids who can't afford the money and can't understand how economy works. (Creating jealousy, for sure)

All other people (or 12yo with a brain) will know that any other game will ask more cash for less quality. And that 6$~ is nothing compared to the money we burn randomly on everything.

In other words, enjoy it and keep ignoring them.

2 minutes ago, Miser_able said:

Weird  how people are fine spending $60 on a game they don't even know if they'll like, and yet drop $40 on a free game that you know you like is stupid. Just ignore them.

That has been confusing me also.  I just don't understand the logic with this kind of thinking.  

Edited by DatDarkOne
clarification

On 8/31/2017 at 4:32 AM, Ronin-Sama said:

I never tend to take part in forums but this is a question I have for the community? There are some members of this community who have this elitist view that if you buy in game content  from warframe with real money and the stuff from tenno gen that you are some how committing some type of crime.

Normally this would not bother me everyone has the right to their own opinion. But when you preach your opinion like it is the in game law that is when I have a problem.

This all came about from a random encounter while doing an alert. All I was doing was minding my own business when another player made a comment about the cost of my tenno gen scarf and how it was a rip off. I did not reply to this comment  back but this got me thinking.

I am of the opinion that a person can spend their money on whatever the hell  they want and if they want to support digital extremes or the tenno gen creators who put a lot of hard work and dedication into the things they create. We as the community should be able do so freely and without ridicule. I know that it is satisfying to be able to trade for platinum and to earn it though a nice hard grind. But I have no problem spending real money on this game because this game is my favorite MMORPG and it has given me hours of fun over the last four years.

So to all the players who like earning plat though the grind. Good for you most of the time that is how I make my plat. But can we please stop treating people who spend real money on this game like crap because they are what is keeping this game running if it was not for them this game would not be free to play.

• Ronin Out   

I totally agree. Some players don't have the time or energy to put into Warframe, so they put real money instead. That's how the world works. You trade time for money and vice versa. I'm one of those players.

I think it's all interesting to point out that Warframe rewards the grind though - there are some stuff in-game that you just can't get for money that easily or reasonably (like ducats, nano spores, syndicate reputation, etc.), and having a good grind going in a regular basis can profit you a great deal. But I think the "elitist" mentality that a lot of grind-only no-money players, who called players who spend money names like "plat warrior", "pay to win", etc. are really just jealous. I'm serious. 

Think of it like this. Let's say you worked really hard and bought a nice sports car, like a Lamborghini or something. What do most people call you? A #$&(%, an A******, etc. "Oh, you probably spent your dad's money", "you stupid rich kid", etc. They don't know that it was you who worked hard to make that money so you could afford a Lambo. 

The have-nots always hate on the haves - that's just the way the world runs, and Warframe is no different, because Warframe is a reflective microcosm of real-world dynamics. The money I put in-game came from a job I have in the real world. I could have spent that time playing Warframe, but I chose to work and go to school instead and use that money to make up for lost time in Warframe. 

I myself have witnessed first-hand the hatred against the plat-paying players. But let me remind of you a couple things:

Steve said, clearly, many times in the devstreams and to the communities, that those who pay plat and support the game with real money make up for the players who don't. It's all part of the system, and it works. Those who don't want to grind pay plat to get stuff from those who do. It works for everyone.

It's because of your money that everyone gets to enjoy bigger and better updates in Warframe. Your money is what keeps the game going, and I think other players should respect that.

Also, on another less serious note, we all know that fashionframe is the true endgame. 

Next time you meet a player that talks crap about you buying stuff in the game, just remind that if it wasn't for plat-paying or Tennogen-buying players like yourself, Warframe would not be around. 

Edited by UmbraCorporation

1 hour ago, DatDarkOne said:

The one being toxic is the one who made the comment that wasn't really needed.  A comment that was pretty much negative about another's purchase without being asked.  My quote below still holds true.     

"If you don't have anything nice to say, don't say anything at all."

I once had a few family members tell me that I should have bought a larger car and not a sports car.  I told them, "When you buy a car for me, then you can say what kind I get.  Until then you all can shut the hell up."  

And not the one who made a long post about it, provoking people to insult people they don't even know and haven't even heard from? Not just that single person, but a generalization of an entire group of people that complain about the overpriced items, that they are just crybabies or too poor to afford it? This post was made simply to provoke more insults, it does not have a single good point. 

"dude your car sucks"

yes people can make comments like that, more so when the car we are talking about is a digital product which is much easier to view than a physical one. That's not being toxic. Some gonna like you, some not so much. Only if it escalates more than that can you call it "being toxic".

>being nice and not saying anything mean

>responding to the initial remark by generalizing and insulting a group of people

Choose one. 

Edited by UltraGreedier

Just now, Soki01 said:

the op isnt that toxic

also side note op remember that dark mode is a thing, made it hard to read your post :clem: b

It isn't *that* toxic yea. Banter is really nothing much. To be clear I was talking more about people saying it's just those who can't afford things or children that get jealous and mad. A game can be good and has overpriced items. People can complain and actually want it to improve. Seems so hard to understand for some people. 

Completely understand the OP...

I have received my fair share of unsolicited comments in relays and running around in Publics on Excal Prime.

People say stuff to get a reaction...It's what they do.

Simplest to remain indifferent about it because no other response can resolve it (let's ignore that the CoC actually covers this commentary but I've never heard of it being enforced except as it pertains to DE employees). 

Unfortunately, this game has encouraged that type of commentary with exclusives and "filthy casuals", "hardcore", and etc commentary which can be taken as ratifying the opinion that players who take part in microtransactions should be looked down on.

It's kinda funny because bigger MMO's don't tend to have this issue...FFXIV has a very active cash shop and nobody gives it a thought.

GW2's cash shop is insane...not one thought given because everyone profits with it being there.

SWToR..same thing mostly. Folks get mad about it's cash shop because it's the only way BW releases anything new/unique (my biggest point of skepticism for Anthem too btw).