Jade Shadows: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

How's your experience with trading?

Rayxen

Personally I use the trading chat in-game for Riven mods only, but there are a lot of people who still use it for everything, which is so different from what I do that I thought it'd be interesting to know how others perceive trading! :D Is it a chore? A nightmare? A platinum hoarding simulator?

For me it's like fishing. Occasionally there comes a day when people would buy like crazy and at good prices, which usually accumulates up to 600-800 plat in a couple of hours. On other days I just hoard stuff to sell. Trading has become much more enjoyable since they added those few small anti-scam features. 

Edited by Gweredith

Depend on the sellers and buyers. There are patient and normal peoples whom likely to make deals and kind/polite enough to not arguing with others but there are tards whom not accept any social rules and behave like idiots. 

Most of the time I am not bothering with trading instead helping my ex and future clan mates or friends with stuffs. Rarely need for me anything and I have enough slots for the future items and frames so not really urgent to do deals. I can farm most of the stuffs and what not interests me I am not care about that.

For me the trading is means option to build my social life here. Usualy searching for kind peoples and trying to make good deals which good for both parties. I rarely had any bad experience and only one times got ignored in the trade chat maybe because I replied late "at that time 32 person wrote me".

Trading is something you have to have patience with and not rush. Change regions, try different times of the day, maybe adjust your prices a bit, you`ll get a sell most likely. Warframe.market is great, but unless you are selling popular items or the new stuff, you can wait days upon days until someone contacts you even though you are at the top of list. Using both provides the most optimal results. 

5 minutes ago, --Q--Voltage said:

It is only a waste of time if you don't know what you are doing. You have to rise above Warframe.market to make the real grofit :D

You can't even sell for market prices anymore, typical case of someone not having the faintest clue. And it's called profit... grofit isn't a real word.

1 minute ago, O.O_ said:

You can't even sell for market prices anymore, typical case of someone not having the faintest clue. And it's called profit... grofit isn't a real word.

Corpus would be ashamed of you for not using  grofit.

On topic, you can sell prime sets for anywhere from 200-500, but you have to be patient and polite.

16 minutes ago, --Q--Voltage said:

It is only a waste of time if you don't know what you are doing. You have to rise above Warframe.market to make the real grofit :D

This.

In my experience vast majority of "toxic" people in trade chat are people who believe very strongly that they know what the "correct" price for a item is (this isn't always based on prices on warframe.market). These people also ignore me because I have "wrong prices" (especially if I ask them to provide me with official DE listed prices for items :satisfied:). Funniest thing about these people who ignore me in chat because of price differences is, that I've been unable to sell/buy things from them later on because of the ignore. Then I've just watched as they keep posting in trade chat hours on end and have quiet laugh by myself. I just want to point out I'm not doing stuff like trying to buy maiming strike for 50p or something. I just don't strictly adhere to (cheapest) prices people are selling stuff in warframe.market. Many times I use buy orders in said site since you can get stuff cheaper that way. Personally if Warframe didn't have trade chat, I would have stopped playing long time ago since there wouldn't be anything to do. One of my most favorite things to do in Warframe is just idling and watching trade chat going on. Occasionally buying or selling something if I see good deal.

Edited by groznez
typos

Just now, --Q--Voltage said:

Corpus would be ashamed of you for not using  grofit.

Cringe.

I tried to sell my last Loki set for reasonable 500 plat... took me 6 months and a lot of nerves... a week later that 500 plat were gone -> waste of time.

2 minutes ago, O.O_ said:

Cringe.

I tried to sell my last Loki set for reasonable 500 plat... took me 6 months and a lot of nerves... a week later that 500 plat were gone -> waste of time.

How in the seven hells can you spend 6 months trying to sell something? Especially a frame that is rather popular? How often did you post your offer on trade chat? 

Just now, O.O_ said:

I have been trading for 2 years and again, it is only a waste of time when you are doing it wrong or don't know what you are doing. 

I can't change your opinion, but all I am saying is that it is a good use of time because if you play your cards right and are patient, you never have to buy plat ever (like myself). If you trade regularly, you can do things like: Always have a 30 day booster on, be able to buy new skins just because, buy whatever riven you want, gift things without a sweat, etc.

Been selling for my own prices for ages, so far been able to sell everything at the price i want, market and nexus have 0 impact, however many users use them and will engage in arguments, will lol or laugh, won't take things seriously, will mention other prices, may ignore or may not even reply with a basic "i'm interested" or "not interested".

Takes time to find a serious buyer and time is what i have.

My prices are always non negotiable, no room to haggle and no room for discussion, they are not based on market and that upsets some buyers, who find the prices unreasonable or way to appealing, complaining that i may be ruining the deals they are trying to make, but those are rare, usually they try to bring the price down.

After a few messages, if they insist in lecturing the seller, don't take things seriously, don't reply, reply to late, reply with inconclusive replies, it is normal for me to dismiss the trade, refuse to trade or ignore the user.

Edited by KIREEK

I think much of the hate towards trading is the haggling game, which some people find downright disrespectful (I do for the market website, since I usually already sell at the lowest listed price).

Also maybe the price on rivens being extremely wild, you could buy the same riven for 20 or 250 plat.

2 minutes ago, aligatorno said:

How in the seven hells can you spend 6 months trying to sell something? Especially a frame that is rather popular? How often did you post your offer on trade chat? 

2 minutes ago, --Q--Voltage said:

I have been trading for 2 years and again, it is only a waste of time when you are doing it wrong or don't know what you are doing. 

I can't change your opinion, but all I am saying is that it is a good use of time because if you play your cards right and are patient, you never have to buy plat ever (like myself). If you trade regularly, you can do things like: Always have a 30 day booster on, be able to buy new skins just because, buy whatever riven you want, gift things without a sweat, etc.

I get the feeling none of you both is trading at all. Everyone I ever talked to in game had the same experiences as me or worse.

People with regular trades have either to thank their Youtube "fame" or sell everything for ridiculously low prices. If you want to sell your crap for any reasonable price you can prepare yourself for months / years of nothing but boredom and frustration.

It was always bad but went even more downhill anywhere between summer 2016 and winter 2016, and it's still getting worse.

1 hour ago, SpikedFox said:

Personally I use the trading chat in-game for Riven mods only, but there are a lot of people who still use it for everything, which is so different from what I do that I thought it'd be interesting to know how others perceive trading! :D Is it a chore? A nightmare? A platinum hoarding simulator?

It's more of a meh, a lot of the times i just run into people with crazy prices or people that just reply with UUUUUUUUUHHHH a lot, but sometimes it can be nice, like getting something really good for something worth garbage

6 minutes ago, O.O_ said:

I get the feeling none of you both is trading at all. Everyone I ever talked to in game had the same experiences as me or worse.

People with regular trades have either to thank their Youtube "fame" or sell everything for ridiculously low prices. If you want to sell your crap for any reasonable price you can prepare yourself for months / years of nothing but boredom and frustration.

It was always bad but went even more downhill anywhere between summer 2016 and winter 2016, and it's still getting worse.

I call BS. The only thing that I am in no way able to sell is the Primed bane mods, and in all fairness it is my own fault for buying so many of them. Selling a Vaulted set is extremely easy, especially Loki.

I'm struggling to recall a bad experience I've had.

But I don't try and sell my stuff, I just watch for WTBs of stuff I have. And even then I'll generally only deal with people who post the price they want to pay instead of having to come up with my own value and then haggle from there. Unless it's something that has a pretty set price (like syndicate mod for 10p), which I'll offer the WTBer for 10p and if they want it cheaper I'll just reply "no, sry".

I very, very rarely buy. And it's only syndicate mods I don't have access to that I've bought (which is only two syndicates). And if I do I'll post I WTB it for 10p (following my own rules) and eventually someone will reply.

About the worst experiences I've had are people not saying thanks after a trade :surprised:

8 minutes ago, O.O_ said:

Indeed. Then it means that the thousands of plat that i have right now and that I`ve spent so far appeared out of nowhere, DE must have gifted them to me. Maybe it's time to admit that you might, you know, just not be that great at trading? Sure the process is tedious, but it is doable without having to resort to selling for dirt cheap. Having accessible prices for non-hot items proved to be very beneficial for me.