Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

How long will 1000 plats last?

UltraGreedier

Question

So i got a discount and I wanna buy some plats. If i only buy potatoes and prime parts how long will 1000 last? (I play around 2-3hrs every day) 

Edit: I'm a pretty average player, I do not go after the newest or rarest stuff, and I only forma and potato the weapons I like. 

Edited by UltraGreedier
Edited for clarity

14 answers to this question

If you stay away from buying primes when they just come out or vaulted primes.

Probably quite a while

Potatoes are 20 plat each so you can calculate your spending on that.

Non vaulted prime sets that are not new will usually go for 20 - 100 plat each.

If you go for new stuff it's 600 plat ish on day 1 for a set of any of the new primes (depending on popularity of it), about 300 day 2 and it stays around 200 for the first week then it'll drop significantly before the next prime comes out.

Vaulted stuff can be anything from 30 to 600 plat for a single part depending on what that part is.

Edited by Madway7

20/potato or forma

20/Warframe slot

12/2 weapon slots

There are only 33(?) Warframes, plus primes, so that's (does math) 660 plat for them alone, discounting primes. You start with 2 slots free, so 620+ plat for warframe slots, and that's assuming you farm all of them. Potatoes cost the same amount. 

Short answer to your question: not as long as you want it to. 

27 minutes ago, UltraGreedier said:

So i got a discount and I wanna buy some plats. If i only buy potatoes and prime parts how long will 1000 last? (I play around 2-3hrs every day) 

Edit: I'm a pretty average player, I do not go after the newest or rarest stuff, and I only forma and potato the weapons I like. 

If you don't buy that much stuff, 1000p will last you alot of time. I'm at exactly 125p right now, and been at 100+ for about a week now

1 hour ago, UltraGreedier said:

5 minutes.

A little more than 2k play could give you 33 warframe slots, an extra 40 weapon slots and almost 100 forma (if you buy the bundle) for taters you could get about 60. 

That's 620 for 31 warframe slots

240 for an extra 40 slots for weapons (1 purchase gets 2 slots) 

And 1200 for 60 potatoes, you'll probably want much fewer. 

Personally though, forget about purchasing pots. 

These shown up in alerts and invasions frequently enough that you can simply save them for when you need to expand the mods slots. 

Without having to buy those, you can get enough slots for every weapon and warframe in the game on just over 1k. 

As for forma, you can grind out relics and save up blueprints. Sure you can only build 1 forma at a time but it's possible without purchase. 

Use your plat on things you can't get anywhere else, storage expansions. 

Also research something on the wiki before you buy it. It may drop somewhere that's worth farming for it. 

4 hours ago, UltraGreedier said:

1 ember prime.... or 50 potatoes... i mean there is no way to answer this.