Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

what i think would be cool in the plains of eidolon.

CorruptedSentient

things i want in the plains of eidolon

1: so it does not get boring, i was hoping there would be a quest master like NPC that will tell you what you can do for quests (attack an outpost, kill a eidolon etc. 

2: more animal like creatures. so far in this game we have: hykkas duruks or however you say it, desert skates, kavats and kubrows.

3: idea's for new animal's: vultures, non-infested wild kavats, ghouls, escaped grineer slaves, defected grineer snakes (like the queen's snake body) and (you expected it) void demons

4: BIOMES!!! please add diffrent biomes. (1st KM: what we saw in the demo 2nd KM: desert 3rd KM: forests

5: stalker mode.

6: LUA to be in the view of night time. however this will NOT appear for new players who have not completed the second dream for spoiler reasons

7: wandering bosses like lephantis, grinner commanders like VOR and void VOR. LYX from the archwing mission just as day-time eidolons that new players can enjoy and not farm parts from diffrent missions. however from the whole 3 KM thing they will kind of have to be rare.

thats what i wish/want to see. some have been seen in media things.

Edited by CorruptedSentient
stalker mode edit to wording...and i DID notice i posted in general discussion so if i put it wrong please fix it, moderators

1. Already confirmed, we'll need to learn how to fight eidolon by a mysterious figure, and as seen in the demo, there's the guy that has us..commandeer..some things for water..."for the children." his name was Honzu I think.

2. Kavat probably can't survive here due to the lack of infested, unless it were a different species of  kavat, like non-orokin engineered versions.I hope for more future animals too though.

3. The current birds share similarities to argentavis, which was a giant extinct condor, that's close to a vulture xD, current kavats aren't infested to my knowledge, just immune to it, the rest seems pretty neat.

4. The eidolon (teralyst?) that attacked the plains basically drained all of its fertility..or something like that, that's why all the grass is yellow rather than green according to Steve, but small pocket forests and deserts seem plausible.

5. Cool but seems unrelated to the plains

6. It is, one of the streams showed it, not sure if new players will be able to see it or not but if night is locked like I hear it might be (or might not be?) then they wouldn't be seeing it.

7. Don't think there will be day time eidolon (unless I misunderstand what you said,) but wandering bosses sound cool, the plains seem to be clear of the infested but I can totally see grineer bosses coming here, like in that comic. 

Edited by Rogue_Striker

Answers to existing numbered things:

Spoiler

0: The Plains of Eidolon. Its' the crashsite of a Sentient who is much like Hunhow yet legitimately deceased. We cannot afford to let Eidolon come back to life, or we'll have twice the Sentient problem that we already have to deal with on Lua.

1: I think we're already getting fishing, bird hunting, actual excavation (mining), and Ostron-related quests that might be replayable (to be determined).

2: You mean Hyekka and Drahk (both Grineer-modified creatures, could roam the plains with their respective handlers), but wheres the horses and other life typical to plains environments?

3: Kavats EAT Infestation, and aren't Infested. Then again Earth was once covered with Infested like Eris is now, so perhaps some 'evolved wild' Infested creatures, like giant biological worms that are herbivores (eat plants), would make more sense. Also, it is unconfirmed whether there are actual Void Demons, because as of now, we Tenno ARE those demons in the eyes of the Orokin. The Father-figure is not one to be spooked by, either; he's just wondering what we're doing, visiting us one by one at random just to remind us that he's there for us, should we need him.

4: Its a Plains biome. Maybe something more mountain-like can be found on Venus, when they get to it after The Sacrifice?

*4 (Rogue_Striker's 4, to be specific): 'EIdolons' have been renamed to Teralyst - which makes sense given Sentient naming convention and the fact that these plains have a Sentient - in pieces - all over it. Note: This is, to a degree, unconfirmed, but it makes sense given how Vay Hek's Terra Frame was big, and how the Sentient war machine(s) are giant Sentient walking tanks.

5: You mean Stalker Override, but that isn't part of the Plains itself. I call it this because it makes more sense; you're not being the Stalker, you're overriding his control by effectively directly meddling with his mind, resulting in you 'controlling' him (but really you're just making your ideas look better than his). I petition to rename Stalker Mode to Stalker Override because of this contextual fact.

6: This already exists.

7: Lephantis was a prototype Infested-based anti-Sentient superweapon, which failed. Only one has ever existed, like any Gravemind (Halo). Randomly generated Grineer commanders, created via the Kingpin system, would work, but (Corrupted) Vor? In the Plains? No; he is forever Void-bound. He shall not leave that place. Lynxes are CORPUS proxies, no Corpus have been sighted in the Plains as enemies thus far. And the Teralyst* only awaken at night, perhaps due to a knowing that nobody will interrupt their search attempts to recover Eidolon's components.

Personally, at night, I'd like to see those Sentient dropships (seen in a Devstream not long ago, and in the 'Tombs of the Sentient') show up and dump a few Battalysts and Conculysts in the way of Tenno, as a hint that Hunhow knows of this and is actively seeking to prevent us from messing with Eidolon's self-reconstruction via Teralysts.

Although it would be nice to see the occasional Corpus mining rig just show up from nowhere, with the option to help the Corpus protect it, or help the Grineer steal it, or to sabotage it yourself and take the plunder for the Ostron people - if not yourself.

7 minutes ago, Koldraxon-732 said:

Answers to existing numbered things:

Hide contents

0: The Plains of Eidolon. Its' the crashsite of a Sentient who is much like Hunhow yet legitimately deceased. We cannot afford to let Eidolon come back to life, or we'll have twice the Sentient problem that we already have to deal with on Lua.

1: I think we're already getting fishing, bird hunting, actual excavation (mining), and Ostron-related quests that might be replayable (to be determined).

2: You mean Hyekka and Drahk (both Grineer-modified creatures, could roam the plains with their respective handlers), but wheres the horses and other life typical to plains environments?

3: Kavats EAT Infestation, and aren't Infested. Then again Earth was once covered with Infested like Eris is now, so perhaps some 'evolved wild' Infested creatures, like giant biological worms that are herbivores (eat plants), would make more sense. Also, it is unconfirmed whether there are actual Void Demons, because as of now, we Tenno ARE those demons in the eyes of the Orokin. The Father-figure is not one to be spooked by, either; he's just wondering what we're doing, visiting us one by one at random just to remind us that he's there for us, should we need him.

4: Its a Plains biome. Maybe something more mountain-like can be found on Venus, when they get to it after The Sacrifice?

*4 (Rogue_Striker's 4, to be specific): 'EIdolons' have been renamed to Teralyst - which makes sense given Sentient naming convention and the fact that these plains have a Sentient - in pieces - all over it. Note: This is, to a degree, unconfirmed, but it makes sense given how Vay Hek's Terra Frame was big, and how the Sentient war machine(s) are giant Sentient walking tanks.

5: You mean Stalker Override, but that isn't part of the Plains itself. I call it this because it makes more sense; you're not being the Stalker, you're overriding his control by effectively directly meddling with his mind, resulting in you 'controlling' him (but really you're just making your ideas look better than his). I petition to rename Stalker Mode to Stalker Override because of this contextual fact.

6: This already exists.

7: Lephantis was a prototype Infested-based anti-Sentient superweapon, which failed. Only one has ever existed, like any Gravemind (Halo). Randomly generated Grineer commanders, created via the Kingpin system, would work, but (Corrupted) Vor? In the Plains? No; he is forever Void-bound. He shall not leave that place. Lynxes are CORPUS proxies, no Corpus have been sighted in the Plains as enemies thus far. And the Teralyst* only awaken at night, perhaps due to a knowing that nobody will interrupt their search attempts to recover Eidolon's components.

Personally, at night, I'd like to see those Sentient dropships (seen in a Devstream not long ago, and in the 'Tombs of the Sentient') show up and dump a few Battalysts and Conculysts in the way of Tenno, as a hint that Hunhow knows of this and is actively seeking to prevent us from messing with Eidolon's self-reconstruction via Teralysts.

Although it would be nice to see the occasional Corpus mining rig just show up from nowhere, with the option to help the Corpus protect it, or help the Grineer steal it, or to sabotage it yourself and take the plunder for the Ostron people - if not yourself.

Yeah I had assumed teralyst was the name of the original sentient, and eidolon were the spirits that resurrect each night, would make sense since terra means earth and this sentient was the one used to attack an orokin tower on Earth.

17 minutes ago, Rogue_Striker said:

Yeah I had assumed teralyst was the name of the original sentient, and eidolon were the spirits that resurrect each night, would make sense since terra means earth and this sentient was the one used to attack an orokin tower on Earth.

I mean the other way around (Teralyst = towering war platforms deployed by Eidolon to lay siege to the Orokin Tower).
Evidence to support is below, lists compressed via Spoilers.
Known Sentients.

Spoiler

Lotus.
Natah (deceased; she is now the Lotus).
Hunhow (parent/father of Natah).
Eidolon (relation unknown; may not be related to Hunhow or Natah).

Known Sentient weapons/forms/fragments:

Spoiler

Oculyst (impervious; eyes of the Sentient).
Conculyst (melee configuration; also has a white version seen in Second Dream intro, and a Decaying version as seen in Octavia's Anthem).
Battalyst (ranged configuration, also has a Decaying version as seen in Octavia's Anthem).
[ Shadow-Stalker 
[ (Broken) War (sword created for the Stalker from Sentient Fighters; broken version was a leftover component kept by Ordis).
[ Pakal armor ('ornate' armor created for the Stalker from Sentient Fighters, I theorize it can also manipulate the Stalker, as seen in the last Second Dream cutscene, featuring red lights instead of blue ones). ] ] ]
Eradicyst (terrible Sentient Antivirus software).
Teralyst (formerly identified as Eidolon, the theory I have is sustained by the fact that this could be the real designation for the towering Sentient bipedal siege platforms we've seen).
[Unnamed Sentient Dropship] (deploys Battalysts and Conculysts, planned features include resurrection of deceased Fighters and replenishment of Fighter numbers, beyond being a spawn point for Sentient Fighters; seen in Tombs of the Sentient cinematic-trailer and a recent Devstream, but nowhere else since).

1 hour ago, Koldraxon-732 said:

I mean the other way around (Teralyst = towering war platforms deployed by Eidolon to lay siege to the Orokin Tower).
Evidence to support is below, lists compressed via Spoilers.
Known Sentients.

Reveal hidden contents

Lotus.
Natah (deceased; she is now the Lotus).
Hunhow (parent/father of Natah).
Eidolon (relation unknown; may not be related to Hunhow or Natah).

Known Sentient weapons/forms/fragments:

Hide contents

Oculyst (impervious; eyes of the Sentient).
Conculyst (melee configuration; also has a white version seen in Second Dream intro, and a Decaying version as seen in Octavia's Anthem).
Battalyst (ranged configuration, also has a Decaying version as seen in Octavia's Anthem).
[ Shadow-Stalker 
[ (Broken) War (sword created for the Stalker from Sentient Fighters; broken version was a leftover component kept by Ordis).
[ Pakal armor ('ornate' armor created for the Stalker from Sentient Fighters, I theorize it can also manipulate the Stalker, as seen in the last Second Dream cutscene, featuring red lights instead of blue ones). ] ] ]
Eradicyst (terrible Sentient Antivirus software).
Teralyst (formerly identified as Eidolon, the theory I have is sustained by the fact that this could be the real designation for the towering Sentient bipedal siege platforms we've seen).
[Unnamed Sentient Dropship] (deploys Battalysts and Conculysts, planned features include resurrection of deceased Fighters and replenishment of Fighter numbers, beyond being a spawn point for Sentient Fighters; seen in Tombs of the Sentient cinematic-trailer and a recent Devstream, but nowhere else since).

I haven't heard about the "Eradicyst". It sounds interesting. But my theory about the Sentients is much different than yours, but I like yours anyway.

Spoiler

Sometime before the Old War began:

The Orokin were sick and tired of their current space travel methods. Even though their ships could supposedly travel at the speed of light, they wanted even faster travel. So they theorized the Solar Rails. But since they were so lazy, they created seven massive machines to go out and build the Solar Rails for them. These machines were sent to different sections of the Sol System to build a few Solar Rails each.

One Sentient was sent to try and build a Rail through the Void. This Sentient being Hunhow since he at least seems to be the most intelligent, he probably became "Sentient" first. This Sentient was building the Solar Rail when it lost connection to the Orokin monitoring systems. The Orokin couldn't figure out what happened to it or where it went, and thus gave up.

Hunhow had drifted into the Void and lost connection since the Void stops all communication via technology. Supposedly that is. The Lotus somehow talks to us during missions and so did Alad V. Putting that aside, Hunhow was left there as a machine under command for several years. Once he became Sentient due to prolonged Void Exposure, he left to bring the others into the Void.

Upon returning to the Void, Hunhow couldn't enter. I think that this would have something to do with what I call "The Kryptonite Principle". This is clearly a Superman reference. Superman came from Krypton and because he came from said planet, when affected by the sun's energy, he would gain power. But later on, when coming in contact with Kryptonite again, he would lose these powers. The same would go for the Sentients and the Void.

Hunhow took the other Sentients out for fear of their demise since he found that he couldn't enter the Void. Since he had more Void Exposure than the other Sentients, he was more intelligent. The Sentient Motherships would be the dropships Kolraxon_732 mentioned. The Tenno were able to reset the Sentient immunities because of "The Kryptonite Principle". So they were given Archwings to fight the Sentients in space via their newly made Warframes. 

A Sentient Mothership sent in the Teralyst to destroy the Orokin tower in the Plains of Eidolon, but it was destroyed by the Tenno. This would have been the first major victory for the Orokin (Really the Tenno) in the Old War. 

So there's my theory. It's probably a bit more far fetched than any others. Lol

Something that I think would be pretty cool is simply this.

You know those kids pretending to be a Volt and Grineer soldiers? I think it would be cool if we could interact with kids and other colonists. Like give them autographs, take a selfie with them, etc. It just seems like something I and probably many others would enjoy. Maybe it could even contribute to our Compass. For example...

Someone comes up and asks if they could get a picture, autograph, etc. The options to answer would be along the lines of,

Yes.

Not now.

No.

I think that yes would be light, not now would be neutral, and no would be dark. This would be talking about the way your Tenno responds to citizens they're protecting. Like defining their morals or something like that.

1. yes will be npcs you talk to, for quests 

2. in prime time talked about achicement for killing animals so maybe will be more animals to kill.

3. feral kavats are already non infested just eat infestation

4. think will already have those just nothing too fancy right now but on other planets with more diverse biomes that could add in

5. stalker mode they said will be coming in some what i think but don't think will come with the plans maybe sometime after the umbra quest

6. i belive newer players wont see the moon till they do the second dream but wont fully know till it happens 

7. they did show lephantis on the map but was more of just showing they have system working for the eidolons but no for now just the eidolons will be big bosses taht roam around but who knows maybe DE later on will put some elite ghoul troops on the plains

3 hours ago, PookieNumnums said:

I cant wait to see how theyre going to serve up the boundary of the area. 

did someone build a wall?

is there more space beyond but a 'turn back now or you will be teleported timer'

will there be some form of environmental hazard taking effect etc

or will it simple be an invisible barrier that says NO

I believe its an energy wall that was meant to keep the eidolon inside

39 minutes ago, Rogue_Striker said:

I believe its an energy wall that was meant to keep the eidolon inside

that's a good guess, but I doubt it works that way since the sentients can control technology hence why we used the weapons of old, gun and blade, to defeat them (lets not get into the fact that there is technology on lua, and our landing crafts are also)

(oh and that we use corpus weapons which seem like they may have some form of tech in them)

Edited by PookieNumnums

15 hours ago, KelsierSurvivor said:

[Sentient theory]

Continuation in spoilers.

Spoiler

I don't think the Void is the cause of their sentience, and those other dropships (i.e; the ones in Tombs of the Sentient that drop Battalysts and Conculysts) are as expendable as the fighters they deploy; only Hunhow's primary body (the 'Brood ship' also seen in the same trailer) and other important Sentient forms, such as personal forms (like Lotus' own body), are possibly primary habitats of their conscious, and thus are highly unlikely to have spares or replacements.

The Sentients must've evolved their sentience when they succeeded their colonization mission to Tau, because otherwise they would simply do a U-turn halfway to Tau in the Void, or some other unpredictable behavior, and because by then the mission is complete. When the Orokin went to see what happened, they got jealous and very angry at the Sentients for becoming better than them, resulting in the Orokin wanting to shut down their kind, which concluded in a Morning War (Mass Effect 2) scenario which ended with the equivalent of a Reaper invasion, but with the simple twist of indoctrination only working on robotics, and their weakness being Void energies instead of whatever messed them up throughout the Mass Effect series and universe. 

8 hours ago, PookieNumnums said:

that's a good guess, but I doubt it works that way since the sentients can control technology hence why we used the weapons of old, gun and blade, to defeat them (lets not get into the fact that there is technology on lua, and our landing crafts are also)

(oh and that we use corpus weapons which seem like they may have some form of tech in them)

No Steve said this, something like this, I said "I believe" because I don't know the exacts