Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Tips for Mesa and Harrow pls

Ghost_V_

Question

So, I'm close to having Mesa and Harrow 
harrow_and_mesa.jpg

I wanted to ask about some builds or ways i can play them by.

I already know a lot about Harrow but i don't know what i should build him for or what benefits do i get from his abilities.

Mesa though...nothing comes to my mind even after asking my clanmates, so if anyone has a few cool builds for each of their abilites that would be great. Thanks.

(PS: pls don't sue me if i posted in the wrong channel i'm new here)

EDIT: I thought people modded for peacemaker all the time and it made me question if Mesa was worth it or not because of how i saw people use her. 

But anyway. Thanks for you tips, everyone!

Edited by Ghost_V_

14 answers to this question

8 minutes ago, Miser_able said:

For Mesa, build for anything other than peacemaker, please. 

For harrow, up all stats, and keep all buffs active when you can. 

Totally agree. Peacemaker is great in a pinch, but relying on it as your go to power is unwise. Fairly balanced stats on both, especially Harrow, really helps. And keep buffs up on both of them at all times.

Edited by Ceryk

For Harrow, since I don't have A Mesa, is basically what Night said, NEVER let your buffs run out.

• Have a high duration build (make it the highest percentage out of your other mods).
  • 1 and 2 go hand-in-hand, make sure your capping your shields for maximum duration with Penance.
  • Have a sentinel with Guardian (optional) when penancing.
  • Cap your thurible energy gains to 15-25, you can do it higher but this shortens the time your spinning your Thurible.
  • Use your Fourth whenever you're in a near-death situation, protects you and your teammates while also getting a crit-chance buff.

You can stack the Buffs of Harrow's 2nd ability, you dont need to wait for the timer to run out, its up to 120s thought, so if you see it about to run out or feel you are safe to use use the power again, use it.

His 3rd power, you dont NEED to get it as high as possible, 7 energy is good enough. I would suggest an AoE weapon or have a Punch Throught on it to hit/kill multiple enemies.

Mesa needs a bit of Duration for her 2nd power. You only need Intensify to get 95% Damage Reduction on her 3rd power (the cap).

29 minutes ago, Ghost_V_ said:

some builds or ways i can play them by.

ok, as someone who thoroughly enjoys both these frames, I'll try to help:

Harrow:

Condemn: this ability chains enemies in place, it's a decent CC against small groups and lines of enemies, and allows you to more easily shoot them in the head 9this is important anyway, but more so as Harrow, as you'll see:

Penance: this one helps with your survivability, and it's be a good idea to keep it active as much as possible. you'll lose any shields you have but every kill will grant you health. keep it active whenever you're taking on heavies.

Thurible: channel this at the start of the mission so that you can gather energy for Condemn and Penance. headshots grant more energy, so aim high!

Covenant: Harrows Ult is useful when you're against the ropes or need to give allies a boost. the Invincibility doesn't last all that long, but the Crit buff is really nice.

I build my Harrow for Duration primarily, with some strength and Streamline to keep efficiency in the positive.

Mesa:

Ballistic Battery: might be useful to charge this and then use it on a single heavy enemy for a quick kill, but otherwise not much use.

Shooting Gallery: only really useful if you're playing with others, even then an accuracy buff isn't really all that great.

Shatter Shield: definitely keep this up at all times, as 95% flat damage reduction vs. all ranged attacks is nothing to scoff at. ALWAYS keep it up when using Peacemaker, else you'll be a sitting duck.

Peacemaker: best for clearing groups or defending a point whilst you have the higher ground. efficiency and duration is needed to keep it going, and also not that Peacemaker's Base Damage scales based on your secondary weapon and it's mods; bringing a stronger secondary with good investment will make it's damage pretty high. you do more damage the longer you sue Peacemaker, but you have to aim more directly to hit targets as well, so keep an eye on the shrinking circle in the center of your screen: anything in that circle is dead!

I build my Mesa for Duration and efficiency. strength isn't needed so much these days. both are amazing frames, especially in offense. hope this helps, and have fun!

Edited by (PS4)robotwars7
clarification.

4 minutes ago, (PS4)robotwars7 said:

I build my Mesa for Duration and efficiency. strength isn't needed so much these days. both are amazing frames, especially in offense. hope this helps, and have fun!

Yeah, 30% strength boost on Mesa for Shatter Shield is all you need if you want to max out the damage resistance on that. Most of your damage is done with you gun.

Edited by Ceryk

4 minutes ago, (PS4)robotwars7 said:

Penance: you'll want to cast this when your shields are down and you start taking health damage. you'll lose any shields you have but every kill will grant you health. keep it active whenever you're taking on heavies.

I think you worded this wrong...

Foreword: I don't have Mesa, and may not bother acquiring her, but the general hint is to ensure your sidearm is incredibly lethal. And well modded.

Also, mess with her powers, see what other specialties she could be configured for beyond Exalted Akimbo Aimbot Pistols.

As for Harrow, I have a list in these spoilers:

Spoiler

1th and most important thing: Put the mod that makes your Sentinel refresh your shields. You'll see why.
1st thing: Pair Harrow with any weapon you normally hate out of slow fire or reload times, mod that weapon for damage over quality of life.
2nd thing: Harrow's first locks enemies down, but not for long. It works on anything, though.
3rd thing: Only use Harrow's second when you have max shields, or have overshields, or know you won't be instantly dead if you failed to integrate Primed Vigor, Vitality, and Redirection (all maxed). Keep an eye on its timer to refresh it frequently.
4th thing: Make sure to charge up Thurible when you know there's enemies ahead so you can kill for energy.
5th thing: Having Energy Siphon on Harrow is a good idea for those moments when you can't get orbs or Thurible up.
6th thing: Build for highest stats in general, don't try using Fleeting Expertise unless your focus is on Penance and Thurible.
7th thing: Harrow's 4/ult is best used when you're about to revive someone, or when the squad is clearly getting beaten up.

Beyond that, I've had select scenarios where Harrow caused unexpected mayhem (i.e: Tigris Prime + Harrow VS Lephantis = Lephantis combusts. Literal).

There is an alternative build to Mesa that has not been mentioned which is a more balanced build based on her 2nd ability shooting gallery and 3rd ability shatter shield. This is a more defensive build. With this build, you need a little bit of range and power and as much duration you can get. You can still use peacemaker with this one but it focuses more on survivability and crowd control, rather than just raw damage. 

There is a low power Super high range version of this ability with Overextend, but that build since weird to me cause you have a couple of Corrupted mods countering the effect of other corrupted (eg, fleeting, narrowminded, and overextend).

2 hours ago, (PS4)robotwars7 said:

Shooting Gallery: only really useful if you're playing with others, even then an accuracy buff isn't really all that great.

The best part of Shooting Gallery is making the enemies stand there and bang on their jammed guns. Works great team and solo. And yes, it works against Infested. 

I keep 2 and 3 up at all times. 

4 hours ago, Warhawg01 said:

The best part of Shooting Gallery is making the enemies stand there and bang on their jammed guns. Works great team and solo. And yes, it works against Infested. 

I keep 2 and 3 up at all times. 

I tried shootong gallery with a 20+ meter effect range and people in Hydron hated me! Now I have a balanced build with negative range,I want to have at least a 100% power range, but it's just not possible ATM. That way, I can fill the dps or support role at any moment.