Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Let's talk about planet expansion like PoE(possible concepts)

(PSN)BabyBoi6769

Upon reading the thread on twitter that Steve posted I have been thinking of ways the potential expansion on other planets would go.  This is more or less a concept so to speak of what we might, should need, want to get after Poe succeeds(it will). So according to Steve, the planets will all get open world spots.  Here we have the Sol system complete with planets and moons that DE could expand as they please.  To bring others up to speed: Mercury, the closest to Sun, has a very thin atmosphere with a rocky surface. Venus is second that has a scarred surface with a thick atmosphere.  Earth, our home is obviously where PoE is.  Luna, the Orokin Empire's home.  Mars; the red planet of raging sandstorms. Jupiter, the biggest gas giant known for its Big Red Spot and intense storms.  Saturn another gas giant with beautiful rings.  Uranus, the coldest planet in the system.  It's blue coloring and thick atmosphere makes it a mystery. Neptune is an ice giant complete with rings. Pluto the little one that could. Along with the infamous moons of the bigger planets, we have plenty of creativity for these if DE does their homework on the planets themselves.  

For Mercury: Since it's Grineer controlled and seems to focus more on mining due to Mercury's iron ore-like composition it would be very cool see Mercury's barren landscape littered with intense mining operations and black smoke everywhere with large cauldrons of iron that spews fumes and excess high into the air due to instability in the refining process.  With this being said, I would also imagine giant craters that lead into the vast tunnel networks that we are familiar with in the current tilesets and allows us to become moles to hop in and out of these mining caverns to farm new resources and discover other small pieces of lore that are sprinkled all throughout the game.  As this point, DE could really explore other possibilities with this concept in mind. 

For Venus: Since this planet is relatively hot and has a thick atmosphere, I would imagine a more archwing focused type of gameplay because as we all know the warframes can't handle extreme heat like our Infested cousins. However, since the Corpus are masters of innovation and ingenuity the Corpus would have created polarity and heat shielding structures that are able to be built on the surface of the planet to harness its natural geothermic energy. Corpus love tall and long structures, but since Venus has a thick toxic atmosphere that would more than likely interfere with their robotics chances are they have a giant drone that floats in the thick atmosphere specifically designed to amplify signals being broadcasted on Corpus networks.  Along with that there would occasional Merchant ships that dock at the surfaces bases to drop off simple resources.  

For Lua:  Since the unveiling of the Second Dream I have hoped and kinda prayed that we would be able to explore the broken moon of Earth and see the amazing architecture and designs of the Orokin Empire when it was at its peak.  For that matter, The tall white spire that juts out over the horizon has peaked my interest so much that I must see these other structures and see just how the Orokin lived.  Not to mention, we see the moon is quite literally a structure of itself.  I personally would love to archwing into the moon's orbit and just follow the rings around Lua and then drop down onto the surface into a random crater and explore the buildings we know and love and then some.  Not to mention the sentients have been given a more broad expansion in PoE so why not Lua? That's where we first meet them and we should able to re-create small battle just like in the old war.  That'd be epic.  Not to mention the Grineer and Corpus fight for control over the left behind technology which those can also be incorporated into the sentient clashes that I mentioned above.  Lastly, the Orokin puzzles can be a lot more complex and raid-like so that incentivizes exploration and cooperation.   

Spoiler

For Saturn: As we know it has beautiful rings and has distinct yellow like hue.  Based on what I read about Saturn I would imagine that the surface of Saturn is littered with crystals just like its upper atmosphere does.  Let's say that these crystals are sent up via geysers that constantly keep the gases of Saturn satiated with colorful bits of rock, minerals, and crystals. With that being said, the Grineer are seriously destabilizing the certain parts of Saturn and evidently the core. With that we can have crystallized landscapes that lead into deep mines for the Grineer that bolsters their weaponry.  Since Saturn has severe storms in the higher atmospheres, i'd love to fight the Grineer in clouds of Saturn while lightning jumps around and cracks with each explosion.  

Spoiler

For Uranus: Due to its atmosphere, we have no idea how the surface looks.  However, since its an ice giant DE could literally use this as their playground.  Since it has an icy deposition, I speculate that the frozen tundras of Uranus complete with icy oceans that cripples our shields when we hop in and give away to beautiful scenery when looking up at the clouds.  I can't really say more on this other than the ring system it has and a small handful moons that we could explore. 

Spoiler

Neptune:  Similar to Uranus, it's also an ice giant, but again we have an issue with the surface not being view-able.  Neptune does have complex storm systems in its clouds and occasionally features a big blue spot as part of the storms.  Imagine fighting in Neptune's severe storms.  I would assume that Neptune has hurricane like activity from time to time.  That'd be only time where shooting into a hurricane is okay.  This is where Lotus' base is.  The color of the planet seems fitting. 

Spoiler

For Pluto: Yes now we have some diversity.  Now we can test DE's design skills and give us a landscape where it changes from rocky terrains and small areas of vast frozen nitrogen to icy spans of brilliant charcoal and ice.  These can be seen from photos of Pluto if you google it, but this would be a great way for us to see the Corpus manage in such a rugged environment.   Also Pluto has been reported to have frozen lakes.  Maybe another fishing spot for us in the Sol system?  Since you can fight Ambulus here and the core is rock, this is a great way for the Corpus to mine the metals they needs for their weapons or spacecraft.  Just depends on what you wanna see? weapon production or many battleships leaving port for plunder on other planets.  Pluto also has a very interesting orbit around the Sun.  So based on Pluto's real life orientation(please speed this up DE)when it's closer to the sun we have an event related to that.  

Spoiler

Sedna: We have no real idea what it looks like other than it looks like Mars in color.  Sedna is also where we have the Rathuum.  So apparently the grineer found a way to make this works for them.  Wouldn't be interesting to see the inner workings of the Rathuum and how Kay finds her combatants?  For any that's watched Justice League, The War World would be a great way to display this.  A giant arena where Key systematically routes out the weaklings and we periodically jump in with our operator.  Somehow she found a way to disable the warframes.  This would the operators a chance to be become legend and quite possibly a bad &#!. Not just on the PoE.  

Finally for Void: DE is gonna have to reach deep into the lore to flesh this out.  I have no idea what to even think, but it should give us all the lore we need to discover how our powers work.  Maybe even a final showdown between us and honhow.  Who knows. 

Edited by (PS4)BabyBoi6769

Is each planet/moon limited to one open world?

I'd love a thick jungle o earth full of future wildlife and a group of people who returned from space and set up a native esque life style where they love off the land.

For Uranus, maybe an expansion on the "ice pirates"? 

Spoiler

cr_corpus_gas_city_04_by_rizo3d-d8h1kry.

Grineershipyard_1.jpg

I'm hoping that Jupiter/Ceres involves the sort of artwork above, multitude of accessable platforms high in the sky that can be navigated between via archwing or warframe that's capable of flight. (Zephyr pls)

Definitely would be nice flying between the platform installations in which you can land on and chill/kill like in the Vauban trailer (Could also introduce flying wildlife/in-atmosphere archwing enemies that you could fight)

Spoiler

As for Mars...

Spoiler

Wr7jOCJ.jpg

Edited by (XB1)calvina

8 minutes ago, (PS4)BabyBoi6769 said:

Upon reading the thread on twitter that Steve posted I have been thinking of ways the potential expansion on other planets would go.  This is more or less a concept so to speak of what we might, should need, want to get after Poe succeeds(it will). So according to Steve, the planets will all get open world spots.  Here we have the Sol system complete with planets and moons that DE could expand as they please.  To bring others up to speed: Mercury, the closest to Sun, has a very thin atmosphere with a rocky surface. Venus is second that has a scarred surface with a thick atmosphere.  Earth, our home is obviously where PoE is.  Luna, the Orokin Empire's home.  Mars; the red planet of raging sandstorms. Jupiter, the biggest gas giant known for its Big Red Spot and intense storms.  Saturn another gas giant with beautiful rings.  Uranus, the coldest planet in the system.  It's blue coloring and thick atmosphere makes it a mystery. Neptune is an ice giant complete with rings. Pluto the little one that could. Along with the infamous moons of the bigger planets, we have plenty of creativity for these if DE does their homework on the planets themselves.  

For Mercury: Since it's Grineer controlled and seems to focus more on mining due to Mercury's iron ore-like composition it would be very cool see Mercury's barren landscape littered with intense mining operations and black smoke everywhere with large cauldrons of iron that spews fumes and excess high into the air due to instability in the refining process.  With this being said, I would also imagine giant craters that lead into the vast tunnel networks that we are familiar with in the current tilesets and allows us to become moles to hop in and out of these mining caverns to farm new resources and discover other small pieces of lore that are sprinkled all throughout the game.  As this point, DE could really explore other possibilities with this concept in mind. 

For Venus: Since this planet is relatively hot and has a thick atmosphere, I would imagine a more archwing focused type of gameplay because as we all know the warframes can't handle extreme heat like our Infested cousins. However, since the Corpus are masters of innovation and ingenuity the Corpus would have created polarity and heat shielding structures that are able to be built on the surface of the planet to harness its natural geothermic energy. Corpus love tall and long structures, but since Venus has a thick toxic atmosphere that would more than likely interfere with their robotics chances are they have a giant drone that floats in the thick atmosphere specifically designed to amplify signals being broadcasted on Corpus networks.  Along with that there would occasional Merchant ships that dock at the surfaces bases to drop off simple resources.  

For Lua:  Since the unveiling of the Second Dream I have hoped and kinda prayed that we would be able to explore the broken moon of Earth and see the amazing architecture and designs of the Orokin Empire when it was at its peak.  For that matter, The tall white spire that juts out over the horizon has peaked my interest so much that I must see these other structures and see just how the Orokin lived.  Not to mention, we see the moon is quite literally a structure of itself.  I personally would love to archwing into the moon's orbit and just follow the rings around Lua and then drop down onto the surface into a random crater and explore the buildings we know and love and then some.  Not to mention the sentients have been given a more broad expansion in PoE so why not Lua? That's where we first meet them and we should able to re-create small battle just like in the old war.  That'd be epic.  Not to mention the Grineer and Corpus fight for control over the left behind technology which those can also be incorporated into the sentient clashes that I mentioned above.  Lastly, the Orokin puzzles can be a lot more complex and raid-like so that incentivizes exploration and cooperation.   

venus is/was terraformed to an ice planet. the corpus missions on the planet it self let you go outside and theres snow everywhere

6 minutes ago, --Laughing-Soul-- said:

venus is/was terraformed to an ice planet. the corpus missions on the planet it self let you go outside and theres snow everywhere

It was not completed. Its partialy done and it requires tech to mentain - Orokin tech. And Corpus dont understand the how it works. At least thats what I got from little lore that it has.

Edited by Xardis

For Earth: The PoE is currently the beta test for the world expansion.  However, let's not ignore the other locations like the beautiful and newly remastered rainforest.  The expansion could basically be a deep expedition that takes you through the jungle over-run landscapes that can show off just how Earth has changed since the Old War.  This can introduce new dangers with just the wildlife.  Then we have the Grineer.  Guerilla warfare anyone?  The Grineer that operate deep into the jungle would basically become master predators and systematically hunt warframe or operators foolish enough to wander into a Grineer station without precaution.  Imagine vast waterfalls that hide secrets where the parkour will be able to shine and highlight why warframe is the best game in terms of player movement.  Not to mention this would be a great way to introduce new controls like vine swinging, surfing on logs, or simply running up long steep mountainsides like a bad &#!. 

For Mars:  This would be a great way to see how alien deserts would look like.  What I mean is that we are fighting giant sandstorms that slowly eat away at your health. Meanwhile, the dangers of magma pits are hidden among the sands as you stumble into a giant Grineer camp and set off a landmine.  This is basically the terror waiting to happen and I would love to see this. Mars is a lot like Mercury with a rocky terrain, but it has a red-like hue to it.  Would it be feasible to chase down Grineer in their own variation of dune buggies while riding on your own that you managed to design in a small settlement that has been built atop Mars' ice cap in the North? These can be dropped off with our ships just like the archwing system for PoE.  Not to mention Inaros' lore was based here.  What if we were to discover the last civilization that worshipped Inaros?  What if we continued where Inaros left off and kept helping these people.  Also according to the lore, the Infested were here at some point.  Does sandworm sound good to anyone?

29 minutes ago, --Laughing-Soul-- said:

23 minutes ago, Xardis said:

It was not completed. Its partialy done and it requires tech to mentain - Orokin tech. And Corpus dont understand the how it works. At least thats what I got from little lore that it has.

See, check Cephalon Fragment lore about Venus and go to a mission on Venus. The Orokin towers in the horizon are terraforming devices, cooling the area in the mountains making it possible to survive.

If you look straight up, you will see that the atmosphere is thinner, enough to see the stars, however far away from the towers it gets thicker.

TLDR: My theory is that the Orokin terraforming towers makes the atmosphere thinner, thus decreasing the temperatures to normal levels, however, the Corpus only maintain the ones near their bases in the mountains. The rest of the planet can be an scorching hell.

50 minutes ago, (PS4)BabyBoi6769 said:

I'm more hyped about Ceres, Europa and Eris.

Ceres: Rocky planet covered in industries, scrap metal and hazardous material. Lakes made of acid, thick atmosphere with an eternal storm and acid rain.

Eris: Completly infested planet. Infested trees, infested grass, infested animals. A totally infested landscape dotted with crashed ships covered in infested tissue, Everything tries to kill you. Caves, abandoned ships and bases serving as hives, with  a small number of Lephantis sized enemies roaming the planet.

Europa: Ice sheet covered in crashed ships. Snow "dunes" in some areas. Huge cave system beneath and beneath that, an ocean.

For Phobos: We have an opportunity here for something a bit different.  Since this moon-like body has a weird shaped and has relatively thin outer layers I would say this could be a great way to demonstrate how the corpus make their proxy robots and suits.  The mining operation for the corpus has always been something I've wanted to know. As in how do the corpus do what they do.  Since we have a mining opportunity it would be nice to literally stumble upon a giant Corpus fortress that has conveyer lines that spew robots out 24/7.  Not to mention, we could see the merchant ships up close to see how they work and have random events where we have to down a ship and assassinate the captains to prevent certain supplies to get out.  Kinda like how we mess up the Fomorian engines from being transported.  Since we have a chase down mission type already, this would be great to introduce taking down the giant corpus ships we see orbiting certain planets.  Ah, imagine pissing off Frohd Behk, by basically blowing up a giant factory for the Ambulus.  The grofit we'd have. 

For Ceres:  An asteroid like body, this Grineer controlled asteroid could be where the Grineer empire docks their ships for repair after the warframes have banged them.  Also since it does have more water than Earth we could see small incursions into the waters of Ceres to destroy fuel lines that come from the other locations on Ceres.  DE could improve this greatly, but we have kept the context of what the planets and moons are.  I'm just going off what we know now.  Who knows? Ceres almost rotates perfectly on its axis.  What if the Orokin wanted to fix that and left a giant facility dedicated to this and now it's abandoned.  Ceres might also support life. Imagine what we would find here.  

For Jupiter:   We have no real clue on what the surface of Jupiter looks like.  The big red spot would an awesome intro cutscene for missions.  Imagine archwinging through the big red spot and dropping down onto whatever awaits us. Not to mention Jupiter does a very distinct solid ring around its equator.  From my memory, the Corpus have giant spires that shoot up into the atmosphere.  What if we turned those spires into dungeons that dropped random rewards based on the day or week or month?  Instead of dropping unto a platform in the clouds, what if we explored the ground of Jupiter and ran up on the spires from the ground floor and then pan the camera up and find that we have to clear each floor one by one with random corpus mini-bosses.  Then after we attack a certain number of them then an armada shows up to correct our errors.  Wonders galore.  

For Europa: Since Europa is streaked with cracks and lines everywhere, what if the Corpus sent up canals that allow them to travel to and from bases and other settlements.  What if this is where the Corpus actually live? There is water underneath the crust so we could see how the Corpus system's work by sneaking into settlements(not civilians) and scope out how they train their recruits and then disrupt that flow of new bodies by raiding the bases and disrupting the communication between each piece of the Corpus regime. 

8 minutes ago, -SDM-NerevarCM said:

I'm more hyped about Ceres, Europa and Eris.

Ceres: Rocky planet covered in industries, scrap metal and hazardous material. Lakes made of acid, thick atmosphere with an eternal storm and acid rain.

Eris: Completly infested planet. Infested trees, infested grass, infested animals. A totally infested landscape dotted with crashed ships covered in infested tissue, Everything tries to kill you. Caves, abandoned ships and bases serving as hives, with  a small number of Lephantis sized enemies roaming the planet.

Europa: Ice sheet covered in crashed ships. Snow "dunes" in some areas. Huge cave system beneath and beneath that, an ocean.

I'm covering all nodes.  Stay tuned.  

20 minutes ago, -SDM-NerevarCM said:

See, check Cephalon Fragment lore about Venus and go to a mission on Venus. The Orokin towers in the horizon are terraforming devices, cooling the area in the mountains making it possible to survive.

If you look straight up, you will see that the atmosphere is thinner, enough to see the stars, however far away from the towers it gets thicker.

TLDR: My theory is that the Orokin terraforming towers makes the atmosphere thinner, thus decreasing the temperatures to normal levels, however, the Corpus only maintain the ones near their bases in the mountains. The rest of the planet can be an scorching hell.

The expansion of the tilesets could add context into how the planets were terraformed with the lore by actually allowing us to see how this works up close.  Also I'm going off what we know now of the planets in real life.  I'm just doing that to set the foundation on what DE could/might do.  

Edited by (PS4)BabyBoi6769

55 minutes ago, (Xbox One)calvina said:
  Reveal hidden contents

cr_corpus_gas_city_04_by_rizo3d-d8h1kry.

Grineershipyard_1.jpg

I'm hoping that Jupiter/Ceres involves the sort of artwork above, multitude of accessable platforms high in the sky that can be navigated between via archwing or warframe that's capable of flight. (Zephyr pls)

Definitely would be nice flying between the platform installations in which you can land on and chill/kill like in the Vauban trailer (Could also introduce flying wildlife/in-atmosphere archwing enemies that you could fight)

Reveal hidden contents

As for Mars...

Reveal hidden contents

Wr7jOCJ.jpg

That's exactly what I'm hoping for Mars. That's basically what I wrote.  

55 minutes ago, Rogue_Striker said:

Is each planet/moon limited to one open world?

I'd love a thick jungle o earth full of future wildlife and a group of people who returned from space and set up a native esque life style where they love off the land.

For Uranus, maybe an expansion on the "ice pirates"? 

I'm just going major tilesets that we have.  I'm not sure how they are going to do this yet.  I'm sure they'll tell us after the first planet is done. 

47 minutes ago, Xardis said:

As for Venus, looking from our perspective it would be easier to have flying cities there than on Jupiter. 

Great guy btw.

Interesting video, I wonder where he's from? The way he pronounces certain words gets distracting after 20+ min, my mind was wandering too much and need to read the subtitles the next time I listen.

Nevertheless, it got me wondering about how awesome it is to think that the Corpus planetary tile sets could be on the surface of Venus and all of that ice is frozen CO2. And those distant towers are actually old and still floating Corpus towers and platforms floating in the sky.

And that there are potential industrial uses for making carbon fibers, and a reason for the Corpus to be there: https://www.technologyreview.com/s/540706/researcher-demonstrates-how-to-suck-carbon-from-the-air-make-stuff-from-it/

http://www.bbc.com/news/science-environment-33998697

Destroyed Relay or a starship graveyard from a climactic battle of the old war. It's just a bunch of debris in space. Pure 6DoF Archwing unless you find a derelict that still has working shields and life support to board, but there's infested on board. Corpus scavengers. Sentient space fighters. The "town" could be a newer space station parked in the vicinity for facilitating the scavenging efforts and trading of the salvaged materials. 

Derelict open zone maybe? 

I would like Mars to be a bit like the old node wars and every other day you capture various points for your chosen faction and the following cycle the side that got the most support from all players gets (i dont know, something like changes the resource drops on map. or faction point bonus) while the losing side progresses a super boss to match the bossness of eidolon.

Could be in the Valles Marineris. A canyon system almost as long as north america is wide.

Mars+colony+at+Valles+Marineris+by+Brian

29 minutes ago, SPARTAN-187.Thanatos said:

Interesting video, I wonder where he's from? The way he pronounces certain words gets distracting after 20+ min, my mind was wandering too much and need to read the subtitles the next time I listen.

His accent is due to his speech impediment. He has subtitles for this reason. I myself dont find his accent that diffrent. But hell, what do I know, Im from Poland, I dont know anything about terrible accents.

14 minutes ago, Xardis said:

His accent is due to his speech impediment. He has subtitles for this reason. I myself dont find his accent that diffrent. But hell, what do I know, Im from Poland, I dont know anything about terrible accents.

He has great content in that video, I watched a second time with subtitles on. Very informative and I was able to picture the scenes in my mind as I read along.

It doesn't help that I have poor hearing in one ear, and that condition that is that constant ringing (forget what its called), at any rate I'll be checking out his other content.

I had a really big idea that very much reflected something like Plains a fair ways back I'm still working on. Not the same story, but, rather, an answer to a few dark and disturbing questions about Earth. If I posted it all here, I'd probably give folks a headache, so, here, have a gander.

https://forums.warframe.com/topic/637370-lumped-together-mosh-pit-of-ideas-ive-had-for-too-long/?do=findComment&comment=8844585

And now, a post thinking about the previous posts.

1 hour ago, INight00 said:

Well... if we look at TWW quest, we have Pluto... Tenno would effectively lose shields rapidly.

Reveal hidden contents

tMCz79P.jpgsqrPTCh.jpg9dBlTVB.jpg99g7ktd.jpg

Jupiter:

Reveal hidden contents

ac6JVGm.jpgZJtWeVj.jpgCzGvQUn.jpg

I dont think the gases would affect the warframes. it's not the same as toxin unless DE makes it like that which they won't. Yeah pluto would have shield freezing zones where the habitable zones aren't set up yet.  Let's assume that there are small pockets of places where our shields will restore.  Since the corpus have set up shop here we have to assume they have machines that generate more than enough heat to keep them warm and not freeze.  Or...the mods we have that reduce ice damage will be key for this planet until more options are explored to keep warm.  Hell they could do it how the division did that one mode they have.  that'd be so dope.