Jade Shadows: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

With the new contest...we have hint on PoE release date?

Marvelous_A

heres the issue, on one hand they're in lockdown with no updates and things do seem to be coming together from what little we've been informed of.

on the other, there isn't  a hype site up yet and the new contest is set to end Oct. 5th, which honestly doesn't necessarily mean anything.

personally, I'd rather it come sooner rather than later, cus the longer we go without any updates, the more anxious the players are gonna get, plus I'll likely be a lot busier in Oct. than i am this month.

oh, and the focus stuff, which some people seem to think that cus they haven't given any real info on it yet means its not close to being done, is actually quite likely nearly finished and they're keeping it under wraps until the workshop next week. plus, im not really seeing any placeholder stuff in the remote observer post, the only thing that stands out as being unfinished is the possible addition of kuva to sorties, which honestly can be done post-PoE and is no reason to delay it.

The War Within was a bit of an outlier when it came to delays.  We shouldn't use it as a reference point.

DE has all heads working on this next update.  That means the call was made that they could make a deadline with one concentrated push, because they are losing money not making new armor sets, syandanas, and weapons, among other things.  A development has teams working on multiple things at a time, all at different stages of development, for this reason.  If everyone's working on one thing at the expense of working on other, quicker to move through the pipeline things, they're taking a gamble on their bottom line, and they're confident they can win this one before they burn through their budget.

Which is why we can expect it by the very end of September early October.  The only reason it should be later is because some big unforeseen problem screwed everything up.  I'd even go so far as to say the next devstream - or lack there of - we'll know how close they are to completion, if that devstream isn't going over everything that has released mind and what's still coming down the pipe.