Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

DE's own words: "...we don't want Warframe to be infinite power spam: the game..."

Kotsender_Quasimir

@(PS4)wildcats1369my

Well, it wasn't always a horde shooter. It started more as a tactical shooter.

I'm sure there are players who prefer either side of the coin. I enjoy both personally but there were certainly some problems that arose from making the game more about the number of enemies over the quality of enemies.

Energy management was one of those problems. I would personally not like to play every mission like an Energy Reduction Sorties but I understand the interest in preventing limitless spam. Still, there's other linked concepts like enemy design to involve in that.  A lot of newer enemies are designed with player abilities in mind. They leech it, cancel it and are flat out immune to it. I can solo a lvl 150 Bombard using a bow and no abilities. Can't say the same for a Hyeka Master. So we need our abilities more these days in order to function against even one high level enemy, let alone 50 at a time.

When it comes to the horde aspect; I think it's too late to managing but it's cool to have other aspects like Plains where different rules can apply.

Warfrmae introduced

DE : Hrrmmm i think is too harsh on our players, lets introduce mods instead of the usual lame armor equipment

players : Ok this is new, looks fun

As it goes on :

Players : Damn we need new things

DE : OK i give you more stuff

players : is new but we are still weak. How to kill that thing if we are so weak

DE : Fine i give you more mods.

players : YAY

Still goes on :

Players : DE we need new story line

DE : OK

Players : we also need some new rewards and mechanics with it.

DE : OK we can do that, we make sotr of operators and the school to make you guys more god like

Players : OK

Nowadays :

some players : DE the game is too easy and boring do something

some players : Hell no i do so much to make my frame perfect

so now what you guys expect them to do ?

Majority of the people in this game will try to plan on how to use the frame to its full potential. But some people will call this breaking the balance. In the 1st place is even energy management an issue in any game ?

Only in warframe i read this kind of weird response

other game : they have mana pot we have pizza

other game : have cleric and other class to boost regen, we have trinity

so which part of energy management as balance issue. Is a standard thing even flash games and other game consoles have but you weirdos are making a fuss.

Name me one game that is MMORPG. have energy requirement to cast a spell that does not have energy potion or healer class.

35 minutes ago, rudman88 said:

Name me one game that is MMORPG. have energy requirement to cast a spell that does not have energy potion or healer class.

name me one mmorpg in which a support can fill the complete team's energy bars by press of a single button including her/his own, thus making it a potentially infinite loop and the same unit having the ability to fully heal said team, in combination making for infinite health, too. also i thought this was supposed to be an action game with rpg progress elements, not the other way around. but what do i know, i'm just a weirdo i guess.

3 hours ago, rudman88 said:

Have you actually played an MMORPG? Warframes resource economy is a joke compared to something like FFXIV

On 27.09.2017 at 6:19 PM, Thaylien said:

It's energy regen that's non-frame, non-resource, entirely based on an external source, and it encourages the lazy play and spam of abilities overall.

Lazy playstyle? Well... the most lazy skill in the game - Ember's WoF - disables all passive energy regens so your argument is invalid.

Many mention here some channeling or nuking powers but we are forgetting about those small ones - I just wanted to point out that after I found out a way to gain this so overpowered energy regen I finally doscovered how fun to use can be some of warframe's first abilities like dashing with Excal or Rhino, using Walkyr line, Volt's shock, etc.

If DE will make gaining energy too hard we will end up saving it only for those most nuking and CCing ultimates as I was doing when I was still a noob.

And what some others mentioned - overwhelming enemies with abilities is one of the things besides parkour which makes Warframe so unique game.

If a cooldown mechanism is bad maybe consider a overheating one so we would still spam powers but now in a limited extent.

1 minute ago, blueThunder24 said:

Lazy playstyle? Well... the most lazy skill in the game - Ember's WoF - disables all passive energy regens so your argument is invalid.

How does one lazy ability somehow magically negate the promotion of laziness from another source? Just because you can't be lazy one way because you're being lazy another doesn't mean the first way isn't lazy.

2 minutes ago, blueThunder24 said:

@Thaylien

It just shows that lazy abilities will still be fine after change - the others will get hurt. From my experience I see that energy regen actually promotes useage of skills what is far from lazy playstyle.

Actually, as a point here, I don't think this argument is even important anymore.

After the demonstration from the Prime Time girls this week about how the new regen works? With the possibility that it could stack for players up to stupid amounts like 20 energy per second, on top of having a mini Arcane Energise on too? We're fine.

I'm just going to leave this thread as it is and move on.

Warframe is infected by power creep because DE decided to sell power. Even the "year of quality" was not creep-free.

IMO balancing the game by tweaking powers and energy consumption without stealing from players what they earned and bought lays beyond DE capability.

We need more challenging enemies with better AI, maps rewarding parkour skills, passive vacuum on frames, buffed Mag.

PoE is a healthy addition but also an awful distraction from game's core issues.

On 9/27/2017 at 8:02 AM, Kotsender_Quasimir said:

source: https://www.warframe.com/news/the-remote-observer-vol-14

excuse my french but: are you for real?

if you actually do mean those words i don't believe i even need to explain how and why you are so completely off the mark design wise as possible...

all i can say is i really wish that was true.

EDIT: i know this OP isn't very constructive in itself but i strongly felt like throwing this out there because i was quite surprised they'd actually make such a definite, official statement, taking a clear stance on a widely discussed issue. anyway since it's pretty much set in stone now i felt this would be a good opportunity to discuss our current state of the energy economy and provide feedback if and how it's actually correlating with DE's statement.

hint: it doesn't.

Yeah they kinda failed at that, didn't they.