Jade Shadows: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

zephyr got just a bit more relevant

BoomyGordo

so we all know that the plasmor shotguns damage drop off is affected by its projectile speed. as a result zephyr with jet stream and a strength build could turn it into a psudo sniper. just now i bought a strun riven and went to check my build and noticed that even though the strun is a hit scan weapon i can still put fatal acceleration on it...

wmqF1tbUTSC7lUyLaBqqIA.png

it works.. looks like she might have a few more tricks up her sleeve

1 minute ago, (PS4)ATreidezz said:

But here's the thing, sometimes too much flight speed can cause the projectile to miss point blank/short range shot. Its as if the projectile spawn 5m from the tip of the barrel, anything in between dont get hit/damaged. 

well we are about to see

5 minutes ago, (PS4)ATreidezz said:

But here's the thing, sometimes too much flight speed can cause the projectile to miss point blank/short range shot. Its as if the projectile spawn 5m from the tip of the barrel, anything in between dont get hit/damaged. 

I've literally never had this problem, and I've been using this gimmick for days. Sounds like client-side lag, possibly.

1 minute ago, phoenix1992 said:

*Plays Ivara and chill*
*Remember how often does Plasmor head shot?*
*Yeah, sure Zephyr is totally relevant for Arca Plasmor*

doesn't have to headshot for doubled range to be relevent

3 minutes ago, (PS4)ATreidezz said:

Happened on solo as well

just tested. doesnt happen at all unless i stand against them so the barrel of the gun is in them. then only some of the pellets hit but some still hit.

1 minute ago, SilvaDreams said:

This again? How do people keep forgetting about this? Hell people use to use her because it turned the Tonkor into a RPG.

yeah! its not like this thread is in relation to shotguns and damage fall off or anything! how dare people forget about her augment!

Edited by --Laughing-Soul--

2 minutes ago, --Laughing-Soul-- said:

yeah! its not like this thread is in relation to shotguns and damage fall off or anything! how dare people forget about her augment!

This isn't even a new thing , there is a new thread about it every few days since the Corpus shotgun was released.

And it's not like it is even new, been doing this for years now.

3 minutes ago, SilvaDreams said:

This isn't even a new thing , there is a new thread about it every few days since the Corpus shotgun was released.

And it's not like it is even new, been doing this for years now.

except one doesnt expect projectile speed to do anything to hitscan weapons. i only just noticed it did something. i havent seen any threads about hitscan weapons being effected either, just about the plasmor

All sarcasm and condescension aside, good that you (and a lot of other people recently) took note of this. Zephyr needs more love.

I am actually really hoping it has an effect on the sniper rifle falloff damage as well, since it seems to be the same mechanic. Would make her a fantastic Plains sniper with Jet Stream as an excellent ranged defense AND a buff to the effective combat range of pretty much all guns. Kinda looking forward to it. 

6 minutes ago, SilvaDreams said:

And why would hitscan weapons be excluded from the range and damage fall off increase?

because they are hitscan weapons and not projectile weapons this game has both and you cant equip flight speed increase mods on any other hitscan weapon except shotguns

GhkauhPRSDmijgC45MAiSQ.pngxPB2rdAvS_yqDGreWNnZ3w.png

There is a lack of chill and pointless arguing going on down here ._.

If I didn't want to fly around as Titania on the Plains so much, I would try using her augment for my Lanka. I mean, I'm probably gonna use my kestrel a few times. Whirlwind, Entropy Flight and Zephyr with max power strength. It goes sooooooo far.

1 hour ago, (PS4)ATreidezz said:

That's DE's shoddy implementation of projectile weapons as they insist the projectile must originate from the barrel (or each hand in case of thrown secondaries) instead of more consistent way that actually makes sense, like making projectile weapons hitscan within 10m or so and then spawning the projectile if the ray was uninterrupted.