Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

How do you feel about giving away free prime items?

S.Dust

30 minutes ago, --Q--Voltage said:

I think that Soma and Scindo for free is kind of annoying

While I understand your frustration, The only reason you find it annoying is because you spent time farming and purchasing vaulted items that way you could manipulate the system to make plat that you probably don't need. Then DE throws a curve ball and now you have a problem?  You must be new here...

Here's a piece of advice. Sell something else, hold on to your sets. The promotion will end and you will still have your sets. No big deal. 

Furthermore the more players that join WF the higher the demand for more things that I'm sure you have a plethora of.

I think you will be just fine.

Edited by (XB1)RDeschain82

9 minutes ago, phoenix1992 said:

Hey, another one of those topics!

In general - believe it or not - I really do not care. 
In this case - I do not agree with the means of attaining, or the weapons that are listed.

So much for "love letters to the vets".

The love letter reads:

Dear Vet

I think we should start seeing other people. More specifically I think you should start seeing other people... on Twitch Prime! So sign up and start watching!

Love,

DE

40 minutes ago, TrickshotMcGee said:

Right, right, I forgot. Selling Prime weapons for 250 plat a pop is helping the community. Gotcha. 

Pretty sure the game would still exist without player trading. (Not saying YOU specifically charge ridiculous amounts, but there are an overwhelming number of people who do)

Now, don't get me wrong. I am sympathetic to the plight - to a degree. I don't feel that there's really justification in disliking the Prime items on the basis of trading. None of the bigger traders I know have spent more than a very small amount of cash on the game. Most of them have spent NO money on it and just make their thousands on trading itself. 

So the ONLY thing that this has any effect on is their ability to make more fake money off of a bit of time they spent in a free game. 

Not on a side but just gonna point out that plat doesn't come from no where someone had to buy the plat that people trade cause i dont think you can trade the plat you start with. Since someone has to buy the plat and we dont always just spend plat on things from other players, sometimes we buy orokin reactors, catalyst, forma or what ever items in the shop, that means that plat goes right back into the game. Someone has to buy plat without the people who buy plat the game would die because those people are like the heart of the market they keep it going cause people who only spend money on maybe tenno gen or not at all would stop playing if buying plat was suddenly the only way to go and thats alot of people.

Just now, Silvus-Sol said:

The love letter reads:

Dear Vet

I think we should start seeing other people. More specifically I think you should start seeing other people... on Twitch Prime! So sign up and start watching!

Love,

DE

To watch things I already do in the game and attain items I already have.

God, I love you so much as well DE.

46 minutes ago, (Xbox One)OTF SERENiTY said:

I dont care about them giving away free prime stuff; I care that they keep siding with stupid Twitch Prime. 

could you explain that to me i dont really understand why you're against twitch prime i personally dont have a twitch prime account i have a regular one but yeah.

41 minutes ago, Silvus-Sol said:

^This. Trying to entice new players to play Warframe is one thing, but this feels like the opposite. Like they are trying to entice Warframe players to use twitch, and I don't like it at all.

Founders getting special stuff made sense, they were helping the game get started. Twitch users getting special stuff feels like special treatment and selling out.

Im with you on that a player who doesnt play warframe probably really doesn't care unless they watch a streamer who is like yeah the game is good pick this up this really is just going hey now we have a prime access that last way too long.

It's fine. Anyone who say's it's not is either butt hurt about prices, or doesn't get how marketing works. 

This wont effect anyone in the long run. Just wait for the thing to pass and the prices will go up. 

This will get a lot more players into Warframe, and that's going to be great. There's no real double edged sword here. For those who don't like it, it's just a tiny shot. So sit still and deal with it. 

Omg this community is awesome and all but have the biggest drama queens i've ever seen in any game and i played a lot of mmos (like 40+). Stop trying to cover yourself with "new player experience", all of you think only about yourselves and thats the harsh truth. You are salty because either :

1) you had to grind for primes / plat to buy them

2) you have some of them for sell and the price will drop a bit

There is nothing else. Twitch prime is not free, not available in many countries and you need credit card that many don't have. You lose nothing, you cry because somebody else gets something and thats childish. GROW UP!

Same with "watching streamers to get free stuff". Didn't it cross your mind that they made this promotion to help the streamers? You know they could hide it behind twitch prime or subscription but they didn't. Anyone can get it. Just launch stream on your phone or just minimize it and done, you are set. I've never seen in any game somebody upset about free items. 

1 minute ago, kuciol said:

There is nothing else. Twitch prime is not free, not available in many countries and you need credit card that many don't have. You lose nothing, you cry because somebody else gets something and thats childish. GROW UP!

There is nothing else?

Wanna drop that assumption pretty fast?
Do you really think that everyone fits the "salt or plat hungry" narrative, or it just fits your idea due to lack of information and experience? Go ahead, explain this louder - how everyone that has issues with how Twitch Prime is handled - point every person one by one, and repeat those words.

2 hours ago, Knight_Ex said:

I'm more annoyed with the fact that DE sold out to twitch, this is just the tip of the ice berg, give it some time and you will see primed accessories being handed out, I mean they already gave out a quote on quote prime sydana, I still say this is due to their new game Keystone, Twitch would be supplying a heavy source of income so more players equals more money for resources on their new IP.

Funny thing is that Warframe is a terrible game for Twitch.

Top streaming games are mostly PvP. Warframe is a repetitive PvE game that I would rather play and farm myself when watching someone doing same thing.

Warframe never ever broke top 10 games except couple devstreams.

Personally I believe that locking things behind insane timewalls (vaulting & unvaults) is a bad practise and punishes anyone that discovers this game at a later points than others or that just wishes to take a longer break.

I'm 100% for making it easier to obtain popular vaulted items.

The Soma Prime is a fun and powerful gun that only show its true potential after you gather the right mods for it, teaching new players that this is the real thing to grind in this game, not only moving from a gun to a slightly more powerful one.

Scindo Prime looks pretty cool, that's pretty much it (imo).

However, I wonder if it's a good decision to give it to new players that early.

It's usually locked behind Mr6 and nothing you can unlock before really compares to gun, mastery grind is also a really big part of this game, but why craft and build much weaker weapons if you already got the ultra bling?

Let's hope this doesn't turn into Boltor Prime 2.0 with newbies rushing through the entire starchart and then quitting the game since most of the grind doesn't end up being rewarding for them.

7 minutes ago, phoenix1992 said:

There is nothing else?

Wanna drop that assumption pretty fast?
Do you really think that everyone fits the "salt or plat hungry" narrative, or it just fits your idea due to lack of information and experience? Go ahead, explain this louder - how everyone that has issues with how Twitch Prime is handled - point every person one by one, and repeat those words.

I will not drop that assumption, because thats how it is. Prove me wrong. Those weapons are mediocre without a lot of effort, we have even better ones that are super easy to get and don't require so much work and if it wouldn't be those 2 things i listed than nobody would care.

I.. could not care in the slightest to be honest. I have everything and.. well this isn't affecting me in the slightest. Oh no, someone I don't know is getting the Soma and Scindo Prime. Okay? Is that impacting my game play? Are you taking away my Soma and Scindo to give to them? 

I'm sorry that people are offended at the implication that someone else can play with certain weapons out of the 100's that exist in the game. Twitch is an ever growing platform for the video game industry as it stands, having promotions is not anything groundbreaking. I say my piece, you may go back to discussing. It is an interesting one to observe. 

Edited by Vindicative

1 minute ago, kuciol said:

I will not drop that assumption, because thats how it is. Prove me wrong. Those weapons are mediocre without a lot of effort, we have even better ones that are super easy to get and don't require so much work and if it wouldn't be those 2 things i listed than nobody would care.

I can prove you wrong with just exsisting. I don't care for the plat and I'm not even salty about it.

Still think that this was objectively a bad move from DE. The new player wont stay in the game if they don't like it, shiny toys or not, but it did hurt lot of player, mostly mid tier, that did put lot of effort and grind in something that they see it's worth nothing from one day another. It's not even the plat, it's the effort put in it that they see vanishing and the insecurity that this can happen again. And for what exactly? Any other non vaulted item would have been great help for a newby, why take away something that ppl worked and grinded hard in the limited time it was avaible.

Just now, kuciol said:

This is not how it works, and you have yet to prove anything, outside of "well I said so"

Let's try to list reasons for people to be making a problem out of that :
1. As you already mentioned Twitch Prime isn't even available on a global scale.
2. Prime Access and Prime Vault exist. People were putting enough trust (or were just being blinded by shinies, if you want a more cynical approach) in DE as a company, with not a small investment in order to attain items and support Digital Extremes. Prime access ain't cheap.
3. There is ONE new item that is not even tied into the Twitch Prime program.
4. People that already gained those items in any way - grinding, trading or flat out Prime Acces, are getting the cold shoulder. Again. Or you will spin the ball that they should be happy for the "free slots"?
5. Why are the items that are included in this promotion (that was extended couple of times over its original run mind you), Prime variants - again something that has been a big core GAMEPLAY loop for many players, for 3+ years?
6. How will this stop the massive turn over rate? We are "23 million registered", but a quick browse trough the data (can't speak for PS4 or Xbox 1) given from Steam and other sites showing low retention?
7. Is Warframe a game that is even Stream worthy? A common critique towards the game from many players - new or old, is that thare is no competitive edge, there is no end game, there are systems that are flat out boring to Watch or participate in.
8. Yes - you got it, some people are pissed off that they have worked for something that went in smoke (disclaimer : I do not support stockpiling vaulted items and flipping them on trade).
9. Considering the current state of the Prime Vault system, is this the actual way in which to re-release items? Not with event, not with Prime Unvaulting (that again costs not a small coin), or by flat out redesigning the system that holds 60-70% of the primes away from the player base?
10. Why aren't the items something that is trully unique to Twitch (like the syandanas) - we have the limited skins, glyph and what's not - so why so damn lazy considering this aspect?

But yes, mate I am totally mad that they will give away free weapons. You can see me on the annual ""boycot the dex" event we are making in reddit, because DE are giving away Unique items for free and they are adding more each year .

4 minutes ago, phoenix1992 said:

But yes, mate I am totally mad that they will give away free weapons. You can see me on the annual ""boycot the dex" event we are making in reddit, because DE are giving away Unique items for free and they are adding more each year .

I'm sorry, what? Is this sarcasm or a real attitude about it I actually can't tell

Edited by Vindicative
clarification

Just now, phoenix1992 said:

I was being cynical considering the Anniversary gifts.
You know, the Dex collection of items - Dex Sybaris, Dex Dakra, Dex Furis, Dex Syandana. You get them with potatoes and everything if you log in during... late march if I recall?

No no, I know what it is. I just couldn't tell if this was sarcasm or a genuine attitude toward the anniversary event.

Just now, Vindicative said:

No no, I know what it is. I just couldn't tell if this was sarcasm or a genuine attitude toward the anniversary event.

I love the anniversary event. Kinda sad that the weapons are not "top shelf" but the unique models, naming convention the micro event are cool enough to keep my attention and formas in them.

Honestly guys its a good thing, i quit warframe ages ago and came back cos i saw a Free prime with prime, played with my new shiny frost and loved it, put down some money on Hydroid and prime accessories, Obsidian Azura Packs and bought the Rhino and Mag vaulted pack. Now thats a lot of money and plat and spent that plat trading with other people and on the market place. 

I also told a few friend to get this awesome Frost, they did and what did they do, after they experienced the game, they bought platinum and spent it trading with other people and now alot of them are engaging in prime times excited for Plains of Eidolon making friends and learning and making the community a better place.

In the end these promotion really do help, they bring in interest and therefore people who if the experience is great will then spend money on plat and then trade with people.

Aside for the fact that people had to work and grind and spend money on these item that are 3 years old. isn't it a good thing that new players are coming in spending money and there for more people are trading with those who are selling?