Jade Shadows: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Which Focus School will you choose?

CanIbiteU

2 minutes ago, devildevil21 said:

actually, according to the stream, it took them 14m more or less to max the focus tree AND get the required focus pool for the nodes

I am gonna have to recheck that, because they also said that it costs three million just to unlock the Operator energy passive. I'd be delighted to be proven wrong, but this is DE we're talking about.

My choice was and still is Madurai, though it's passives will become even weaker than they are now (like, more than 3 times weaker), and there is nothing from the active abilities that my frame can't do.

Hm, if this fireball had a punchthrough tho... We'll see.

Edited by Dante102

2 hours ago, xFrostKnightx said:

I don't know if you watched the stream but it's 14 million total, including the pool supply. So it won't take 112 days. It'll take 56 days which is 2 months, which is basically the same as it costs now to max a tree. Double check your information if you're going to be throwing out numbers. 25 million was the points they were given to use, not how much it costs to max. 

I'm just going by what I saw on the primetime stream on thursday where I noticed the Main max focus cap of the trees had was a flat 50 million in one of the trees before it seemed like you can't hold more than that in spare focus xp? Cause you don't just have 50 million flat coincidentally. The one where megan was showing us in madurai she had a spare 22 million leftover on it. So if she was given 50 million to work with for each tree / thats your holding cap of focus xp, I only could deduce it took about a total of 28 million to max it all out.

Cause i mean

4a0f8d5fae6a302fdbb40dea83cb8ff0.png
https://gyazo.com/4a0f8d5fae6a302fdbb40dea83cb8ff0 totally is 25 million by the looks of it huh? Did you by chance watch an alternate universe version of the stream or something?

Edited by Cmdr-A

12 hours ago, halofury36 said:

Unairu

• (central passive, hex shaped) Mirror Flare: "Reflects 25% damage back to attackers." (5 ranks, 11 pool points)

Operator:

• Sundering Dash: "Using Void Dash through an enemy will reduce their armor by 75%" (5 ranks, ? pool points)
  • (requires Sundering Dash) Crippling Dash: "Using Void Dash through an enemy will reduce their damage by 25%" (3 ranks, 10 pool points)
  • Magnetic Blast: "Enemies hit by Void Blast are affected by bullet attractor for 10s." (3 ranks, 10 pool points)
  • (requires Magnetic Blast) Unairu Wisp: "100% chance on Void Blast to summon a Wisp that can be picked up by allies to increase Operator damage by 100% for 12s." (3 ranks, 10 pool points)
  • Void Shadow: "Void Mode now renders allies within 25m invisible. This ability costs an additional 4 energy/s." (3 ranks, 7 pool points)
  • (requires Void Shadow) Void Chrysalis: "Void Mode renders damage taken by invisible allies within 10m by 60%. This ability costs an additional 4 energy/s." (3 ranks, 7 pool points)

Passives:

• Stone Skin: "Increases armor for Warframe and Operator by 20%" (3 ranks, 7 pool points)
  • [Way-Bound] Basilisk Scales: "Increases Armor for the Operator by 20%" (4 ranks, 7+ pool points)
  • [Way-Bound] (requires Basilisk Scales) Basilisk Gaze: "Increases the radius of Void Blast by 60%" (4 ranks, 7+ pool points)

Unairu FINALLY gets what it deserves! I chose Unairu for RP purposes and have been trying since The Second Dream to prove that it can be just as powerful as Zenurik and Naramon. FINALLY, FINALLY, it has been proven to be more than an armor altering sidearm to those Naramon and Zenurik Tenno.

NOTE: I don't have anything against people who use the (Previously) OP Naramon and Zenurik schools. I feel that each school is useful in it's own way. I just liked Unairu since the beginning and have actually tried to use it's RP uses in real life. 

Vazarin. Just hope it's not the current "why the f**k would anyone use that when energy regen?" all over again.

Having usability of power-hungry caster frames in a proper sense versus healing yourself every x minutes and getting a minor damage reduction... *sigh*

13 hours ago, CanIbiteU said:

Now after we saw more detailed previews of focus on twitch streams, which school will you level first? For my part, I cant decide between zenurik and vazarin, leaning  towards vazarin because of operator health buff passive..

What I dont completly understand, will all the focus point be reset so I will be able to put my former naramon focus into a new school, all is it just a tree reset, so we can relocate the nodes in schools we already leveled? 

Operator gameplay looks fun, but it will be some massive grind.

i was hear all points will be refounded witch is very good i have huge number of points in naramon...i will select first one who is best xd...dont know witch school offer what

Honestly? I want to try all of them. I feel like DE wants them to be like warframes are - you can not say which one is the best, but some are better in certain situations then others and it benefits the players to change between them when needed. Vazarin favors playing in a group, maybe then you'll prefer something else if you're a solo player like me. Naramon is perfect for affinity and focus farm. An so on.

My first school was Naramon, so I'll probably start with it just because I got a ton of points, but then certainly check all the others too.

Anyway, I chose Naramon at the end of the Second Dream, back in December 2015, for RP purposes, it was even the School recommended on my post-awakening debrief. So, sticking with it. Also, its new build actually looks kinda good for a tactical hit and run melee style, which I am all about, and it has the 'Operator go fast' passives too.

Dunno. 

Frankly, I can't care about this right now. I'll worry about it when it goes live. 

Just from the standpoint of logistics and previous work, it'll probably be Zenurik, since I have a colossal amount of points there due to all the lenses I had. Naramon had a large amount, and I had moderate amounts in Vazarin and Madurai. I'll also have to see just what lenses I'll have refunded and figure out where they can go for the most return when placed on...whatever I'll probably be using most. 

Like I said, I'll worry about it when I have to. 

11 minutes ago, phoenix1992 said:

I will most likely stick to Naramon or Zenurik for start (by coincidence i have the most surplus lenses for them anyway), after that will see how many fixes and changes will hit us.

I have so damned many Vazarin Lenses. I have, like nine standard lenses, and three Greater, enough to make multiple load outs which do nothing but farm Vazarin Focus.

Just now, BornWithTeeth said:

I have so damned many Vazarin Lenses. I have, like nine standard lenses, and three Greater, enough to make multiple load outs which do nothing but farm Vazarin Focus.

Technically it should not matter which are the *surplus*, but since we are going to get a new format, that will (ofcourse) eat bunch of formas and time to craft, I will most likely pop in the surplus smaller lenses until the new versions are crafted and Focus 2.0 is revised couple of times ^^