Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Make augments into ability options

KenthNisshoku

instead of making them into mods

why not just make them as options

for example

I have Chilling Globe but instead of adding it in the mod slot it will be available as an ability option

I can select and deselect it at will but in order to unlock this option i have to obtain it first

for instance when i have chilling globe unlocked the ability tab will show me the options available

if i equip chilling globe as an option i will sacrifice 20% power str on this ability in order to equip it

if i refuse to select this option the ability stays the same

it should look like Elsword's Skill Tree there is also a side effect if you choose an option

1_by_kenthnisshoku-dbq75k9.jpg

Edited by KenthNisshoku
typo

I support this, though this would inevitably end up in a massive power spike for frames, considering the current roster of augments. Nekros, especially, would benefit tremendously from this. Needless to say, some balancing may be necessary.

1 minute ago, R34LM said:

I support this, though this would inevitably end up in a massive power spike for frames, considering the current roster of augments. Nekros, especially, would benefit tremendously from this. Needless to say, some balancing may be necessary.

that's why there are side effects like losing power strength,duration,range & efficiency on those abilities

Initially abilities had to be slotted into the warframes. Now they are intrinsic to the frames. Then they added augments. Once again making abilities take up warframe mod slots. Perhaps they can give us an extra mod slot just for augments and figure out a way to make plat off it. Augment adapter for 40p anyone? Some of these augments are down right mandatory for frames, like regenerative molt or eternal war. Wish they could do away with the whole system and make it a choice just like the OP said. And please don't try and take more plat from us DE I need it for Warframe slots, load-out slots, weapon slots, Riven slots, companion slots, color pallets and several good looking skins and helmets.

12 hours ago, R34LM said:

I'm surprised augments aren't considered Exilus worthy...

I agree with this. I suggested it a long time ago, but people always complain about power creep. I think having negative stat modifiers to balance them accordingly is a great idea. They could also control power creep by putting caps on stats like they do effiicency. For example only, cap power range at 250%, then you never have to worry about over stacking it with range mods, you'd have incentive to branch out into lesser used mods or increase other stats.

I always thought augments should always have their own "augment" slots for nothing else. Not all augments are good. Some are just different play style, some are completely necessary to fix a broken power so they shouldn't hinder your normal build at all. 

The augment to abilities conversion would be nicey and would open many tweaks/ability changes to add lateron while hurting noone. They could add variant of ability instead of removing it and replacing by something else. This could be considered OP but the game is already very easy, no build can make it even easier, but it could be more fun to play because of choice of our skills.

Even something very simple like the skills' list BnS has nowadays:

Spoiler

Sots_Systems_Skills-EN.png

Going with the idea of having Augments appear on the Abilities page, then we'd possibly need say toggles on the abilities.

So acquiring Augments would grant us the ability to swap between the default ability state and the augments. As we'd only be using one version of the ability this should be pretty straight forward I hope.

Then the devs would simply need to re-balance the abilities between the default state and augments. And certain abilities could even have different augments to choose from, depending on the ability in question.

That way, if devs happened to have multiple ideas for a single ability, it could be possible to have it structured into the Abilities tab and players could choose from the available options.