Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

WF easy?

CullyLad

Hi all, im playing WF about 3 weeks now and had a blast so far.

However im finding all content too easy, i dont even have any fully modded frames yet and all enemies are just a faceroll.

Am i missing something here or is the game meant to be so easy?

I do have a decently built Lenz and Acra Plasmor that at times feel a bit OP but my frames are far from their max potential thus far.

Im not complaining here im more trying to educate myself, is WF just an easy game or am i missing out on more tougher ennemies somewhere?

Sorties are the highest enemies ive found and they are not a challenge at all.

I was hoping for tougher enemies/content.

Lenz and Plasmor are great weapons, and they're the reason you feel overpowered. Back when I started playing Warframe, I only had hit-scan rifles, and I can't say that it was too easy. Tbh I think that such weapons should be limited by the mastery rank.

Sorties are pretty much the toughest enemies at the moment unless you want to go long in endless missions as they keep scaling up until you leave.

DE said they wanted to bring some difficulty into the game with Plains of Eidolon, which is supposed to release this week, so we'll see soon if that actually happens.

Mostly it's just an easy game if you're the type of person that finds sorties easy. :)

Most of the enemies that you face in the star chart are somewhat easy to beat and kill. Once you finished The War Within, stronger enemies will appear while you collect a special resource. Tough enemies also spawn if you do long runs in survival and you do sorties. Don't worry, Warframe will give you a sense of it being too easy. . .

6 minutes ago, CullyLad said:

Hi all, im playing WF about 3 weeks now and had a blast so far.

However im finding all content too easy, i dont even have any fully modded frames yet and all enemies are just a faceroll.

Am i missing something here or is the game meant to be so easy?

I do have a decently built Lenz and Acra Plasmor that at times feel a bit OP but my frames are far from their max potential thus far.

Im not complaining here im more trying to educate myself, is WF just an easy game or am i missing out on more tougher ennemies somewhere?

Sorties are the highest enemies ive found and they are not a challenge at all.

I was hoping for tougher enemies/content.

try an eidolon solo this weekend and tell us if its enough for you ^.^

or maybe a spy sortie mission with 3 guys who dont know what they are doing

Lenz and Plasmor are new to the game, and damn strong. My Plasmor can one-shot level 70 enemies and I sometimes deal 80K orange crits with my Smeeta Kavat, and I don't even have any primed mods or rivens on it.

Back in my day, about 3 years ago, I only had hit-scan weapons like Karak, Lex, Vasto, etc. And hell, I once tried a "T1 Extermination" what they were called back then alone, and got rekt. Like, totally rekt.

Maybe if you were to build actual beginner weapons, and not basically endgame weapons like Plasmor, you wouldn't feel overpowered. And here I ask myself why there are so little weapons that are Mastery Locked.

Edited by o0Despair0o

Just now, Datam4ss said:

There is always the option of doing Sortie Spy with an impractical frame like Oberon with 3 other guys using equally silly choices.

Why would sortie spy be any harder than a regular spy. There's no killing involved and the vaults are just as easy as on lower levels.

As I mentioned, using a silly choice like Oberon. Plus you can fail two faults in normal spy and still complete it. Sortie spy needs all three extractions.

5 minutes ago, phoenix1992 said:

Using Arca Plasmor on Star Chart enemies feels like using nukes to kill ants =.=

Yep. I'm still undecided to bring Tigris prime or Arca Plasmor for Plains of Eidolon since both are my favorite shotguns and are incredibly deadly.

Edited by xXDeadsinxX

Any pve game's gonna be easy if you have strong as heck weapons. It's pve. If you could (and you actually can with cheat engine for example or some oteher stuff) get powerful weapons right from the very start in Dark souls it would also be ten times easier than it normally is.

This is a horde shooter without mmo enemy scaling. The enemies are designed to satisfy our thirst for quick and easy gratification. Only the elite enemies and bosses are designed to be harder to kill.

If you want a challenge then try doing more than an hour of the highest level endless mission like Mot, where enemies will start oneshotting most frames and draining your energy quickly. 

Basically this game is designed for casuals, but it can also satisfy the hardcore players.

2 minutes ago, Datam4ss said:

As I mentioned, using a silly choice like Oberon. Plus you can fail two faults in normal spy and still complete it. Sortie spy needs all three extractions.

Why would Oberon be a silly choice? Even in general he's better with his rework. It's just a sortie spy, you don't need to kill anything exept being stealthy, and that's it.

7 minutes ago, Datam4ss said:

Spy Vaults are generally not a good mark for difficulty. There's not much execution involved except for a few specific rooms and more about knowing and memory. Simply put it, a relatively new player can get through any Spy mission on any difficulty if they looked up some videos and memorized the routes and patterns with any frame.

Also, there is actually a difficulty adjustment with Spy missions. Higher level missions will close off more routes with unbreakable grates, lasers and sensors. Low level Spy missions will have almost all routes unhindered.

Edited by Flandyrll

11 minutes ago, Naftal said:

Why would sortie spy be any harder than a regular spy. There's no killing involved and the vaults are just as easy as on lower levels.

The spy vaults become harder at higher levels. The amount of lasers and cameras increases at the very least and sorties don't allow ciphers, so hacking is harder. Not that it would make a huge difference to the overall difficulty, but there is some difference.

Just now, xXDeadsinxX said:

Why would Oberon be a silly choice? Even in general he's better with his rework. It's just a sortie spy, you don't need to kill anything exept being stealthy, and that's it.

Simply because there are better choices for it. Not saying he is a bad frame. For the record I would't go with Nekros or Frost for spy either unless I was goofing around.

All difficulty in games is just due to a numbers balance after all (mechanics can only do so much), so if you want to make things harder, make the odds less favourable to the self by using things that are less useful.

Like try using a bottle opener to fill a gas tank.

1 minute ago, tool47 said:

The spy vaults become harder at higher levels. The amount of lasers and cameras increases at the very least and sorties don't allow ciphers, so hacking is harder. Not that it would make a huge difference to the overall difficulty, but there is some difference.

They vaults don't get any harder after the regular high tier spy. Sorties don't have any more lasers etc.