Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Open world PVP

-SoH-ViktorD

9 hours ago, Cguevara said:

No i want Pvp in this game! is that a problem? You want pve in this game you have it.. i want better pvp options. Is that bad?

The difference being that this is a PvE focused game. I'm sure that there is a small part of the team working on PvP, but having an area in the Plains devoted to PvP, let alone on a mass scale like you want, would take away from them making the meat of the game. Not to mention all the rebalancing. The devs don't want significant parts of the game locked behind a certain playstyle, time played, or skill, a perfect example being how the Plains are available only a few missions after Vor's Prize.

Before you mention the Second Dream or War Within, first off, avoid spoilers, there are probably people here who haven't run those quests, and the hit will be taken away with the reveal if they read it now. Second off, those quests and the mechanics behind them are specifically designed to answer questions the players start having when they first begin, and having them answered up front would take the bite away from the reveal in the Second Dream, and the new mechanic in the War Within.

-Edit: "But I waaant iiiitttt!" isn't a good argument. Let's have a real discussion about game design here.

Edited by NaniteCircuit

You PvP only if you want to PvP. No-one even mentioned having a PK system at all that would force it on you. Yet you guys get ready to crucify whoever suggests it.

You want to PvE? Fine, do it. No-one's gonna stop it. But don't you start S#&$-talking when someone suggests adding more PvP options.

And your excuse that Warframe is purely PvE is weak. There's plenty of games that have great PvP game modes and population despite implementing PvP years after releasing the game. Nothing is set in stone.

if want pvp deadly, I knw what he meant,  you can play PUBG a trend games, or other like division, h1z1 , etc, this game is PVE , PVE is the Best game ever . PVP for cheaters who dont have skill and use that 3rd party to annoy people, in PVE we do co op have fun no deal with cheaters . DONE! dont make things worse, PVE is the best and thats why i play warframe 

DE introduced PvP because a small part of the community wanted it. Going from 1v1 in the clan dojo, an unrestricted 4v4 arena to try setting a number limit which was easily abuse-able, battling for the solar rails (which had 2 revisions and even then you now no longer can play it), then dedicating an entire team to the PvP aspect to work on it from the ground up, and Lunaro the PvP that I thought had the most potential but also didn't last long. Every time PvP was introduced I would try it for a few hours only to walk away from it frustrated. Why? It ran on a peer to peer network (think like gears of war 1 where the host had the biggest advantage), frames like rhino and valkyr dominated the battlefield(for obvious reasons) and people would mod for attack speed on their melee weapons to keep you in a stun lock until you died. Even as Warframe as a whole evolved over time with new frames and mechanics it never translated over to its PvP well. The only time I had fun with it was when they had the snowball candy cane fights. Everyone had the same stuff regardless of the frame you chose because they stripped the powers, armor, shields, health, and any other advantages or disadvantages off you. Even that had its problems but that was the most enjoyable PvP I've ever had from this game. Take it from the guy who has been playing for over 4 years it's not something you want and it will be an uphill battle to get it right.

TLDR: PvP was introduced multiple times and has failed to translate its PvE over well and when it did it wasn't Warframe anymore. It just doesn't work.

The issue I see with PvP on a map like the Plains of Eidolon is the long distances of open field would lead to a sniper rifle meta due to drop off range being implemented for all weapons.

14 hours ago, --XanTerra-Alexandria-- said:

PVP for cheaters who dont have skill and use that 3rd party to annoy people, in PVE we do co op have fun no deal with cheaters .

"PVE for idiots who don't have skill and use bots to cheese everything; in PVP we fight fair and have fun, no dealing with cheesers."

3 hours ago, link4355 said:

PvP was introduced multiple times and has failed to translate its PvE over well and when it did it wasn't Warframe anymore. It just doesn't work.

Initially (well, the first two years) things failed to translate from PvE to PvP because things weren't balanced.

With the implementation of Conclave and the separated gear and mod balancing, as well as constant balance changes, PvP is fairly balanced while using the mechanics from PvE.

Conclave is still Warframe. PvE focuses on the modding aspect of the game, PvP focuses on the mobility aspect of the game.

35 minutes ago, Heckzu said:

The issue I see with PvP on a map like the Plains of Eidolon is the long distances of open field would lead to a sniper rifle meta due to drop off range being implemented for all weapons.

Well, a city-like landscape could work here. Also take into account that hitting a flying backflipping ninja with a sniper isn't easy at 40m, let alone 100.

The idea could very well work assuming it's objective based and not kill count based.

On 14/10/2017 at 7:23 PM, Cguevara said:

I hate this pve maniacs! no Warframe is not pve game! every online game can have pvp!! and Open world pvp like in Division(darkzone) or like in Diablo 2 (Duels) is great idea! you can activate pvp mode and play pvp if you like or if you are pve guy just dont activate pvp mode...

Endgame without pvp is waste of time (my opinion)

The division PVP is completely and utterly dead, heavily abused and full of cheaters, and that’s a game built on pvp for a large part.

you think that’s a good idea to introduce to Warframe? A game purely pve balanced for horde mode?

theres pvp called conclave, it’s empty because no body enjoys pvp in Warframe, it wasn’t designed to be a pvp game and doing so will just leave more parts of the game empty.

if I want pvp I play a proper pvp game (siege, over watch, battlefield, Csgo) not some half &#! addition like Diablo/eso/division/destiny

On 13.10.2017 at 2:29 AM, ViktorDonovan said:

So I am a new player (been playing for a month or so, 3 days all day, a week) and there's something missing which myself and a few people I play with IRL would like to see: Open world PVP.

With the new open world map we can put a dedicated zone just for PVP, or possibly have a switch to tick to put ourselves "on" for pvp and "off" for questing. Personally I would love to run around and gank people all day, it's what my "end game" would focus on.

If this gets to a mod on the forums please pass this up the pipeline. I would LOVE to see this!

Sidenote: I am a PvP player, I really enjoy PvP and unrestricted OWPvP (PK) is my favourite.

On the topic:
> PvP in Warframe does not exist, WF is purely a PvE game. Conclave is a grotesque and can never be fixed. Not that it is even worth fixing, since noone will play it at all. It would be a waste of money and time for DE.

> There is simply no way to balance all the frames and weapons enough to make it a fair fight. Imagine farming your stuff and suddenly being backstabbed by Ash with Covert Lethality dagger... Imagine being shot by sleep arrow and then Ivara's Artemis' right in your head... Imagine being sniped down and killed from 600m away.... etc...

simply said - no.

Edited by Sanxxieh
typo cuz of stupid windows T^T

1 hour ago, Sanxxieh said:

Sidenote: I am a PvP player, I really enjoy PvP and unrestricted OWPvP (PK) is my favourite.

On the topic:
> PvP in Warframe does not exist, WF is purely a PvE game. Conclave is a grotesque and can never be fixed. Not that it is even worth fixing, since noone will play it at all. It would be a waste of money and time for DE.

> There is simply no way to balance all the frames and weapons enough to make it a fair fight. Imagine farming your stuff and suddenly being bachstabbed by Ash with Covert Lethality dagger... Imagine being shot by sleep arrow and then Ivara's Artemis' right in your head... Imagine being sniped down and killed from 600m away.... etc...

simply said - no.

Imagine a Limbo banishing you and placing you in stasis when you are carrying tons of Eidolon Cores and rare fishes.

4 hours ago, Heckzu said:

"PVE for idiots who don't have skill and use bots to cheese everything; in PVP we fight fair and have fun, no dealing with cheesers."

Well you cant see the The Teamworks in Pve, Hardcore and advance things, Thats mean you can't see something in PVE. End of story. its because you re PVP maniac.  I did play PVE games And PVP games, i played more pvp games than Pve, I joined competition in My region team and won in competition no 1,  5x in a row. yea sadly no strong organizer in my region, they re all about Dota and lol. tsk.. boring,  even the highest price is 800 usd and lowest is 80-90 usd. thats F***ed up, boring, so play only for fun thats better,    but when i figured something in PVE, PVE has something special what PVP mostly dont have, MOSTLY,  and I knew something, i dont have to explain or tell everything, thats is enough on my point, just figure out by your ownself, not everything need to be explained. its up to you, your opinion is your mine is mine, End. but mostly players cant take it on PVE :laugh: and quit? thats it? 

Edited by --XanTerra-Alexandria--

On 10/20/2017 at 8:23 AM, Sanxxieh said:

On the topic:

> There is simply no way to balance all the frames and weapons enough to make it a fair fight. Imagine farming your stuff and suddenly being backstabbed by Ash with Covert Lethality dagger... Imagine being shot by sleep arrow and then Ivara's Artemis' right in your head... Imagine being sniped down and killed from 600m away.... etc...

simply said - no.

Sorry for the super late reply, 1st day off work since i posted. Anyway, we could have a toggle like SWTOR does, something to say "okay I am ready for PVP" or "no, I am not ready". That was my thoughts, now for the balance idea? Meh I mean, unless they do specific rewards (open world rarely does) I say "F*** it" and just let it be. 

NO, NO, NO! PvP in Warframe is a big red NO!
Tenno are allies, not at each others throats. And we are not Stalker fanboys either. There will be no PvP in Warframe other than the dry useless and unplayed Conclave which are  Tenno training, not killing each other.

Warframe is PvE, will never be PvP.

On 10/14/2017 at 8:53 AM, Horten said:

For a post back in the beginning of 2013. You can check it out.

Everyone got mad, and rather than declining the idea, they out-right attacked me and others for suggesting the addition.

The gist was "PVP wouldn't work and that it's a PVE focused game."

The concept of re-working Warframes and damage outputs didn't make a connection in their minds..
it would be really cool to see a "friendly-fire" option for the POE, or missions involving squads annihilating each other in capture type missions.

Here's a +1 in attempt to reduce your negative xD

On 10/13/2017 at 8:29 AM, ViktorDonovan said:

So I am a new player (been playing for a month or so, 3 days all day, a week) and there's something missing which myself and a few people I play with IRL would like to see: Open world PVP.

With the new open world map we can put a dedicated zone just for PVP, or possibly have a switch to tick to put ourselves "on" for pvp and "off" for questing. Personally I would love to run around and gank people all day, it's what my "end game" would focus on.

If this gets to a mod on the forums please pass this up the pipeline. I would LOVE to see this!

I bet you have never ever heard of spawn campers right...? In most world world PvP, there's always a safe spawning zone.

On 15/10/2017 at 10:51 PM, Cguevara said:

No i want Pvp in this game! is that a problem? You want pve in this game you have it.. i want better pvp options. Is that bad?

It is a "problem" because it would take a lot of work to get any semblance of balance for PvP in this game (which is why conclave sucks). That’s money, time and effort spent trying to make a PVE game work with PvP. These things are not in infinite supply. Other features would need to be sacrificed or delayed and they would have to keep working on PvP because it would require additional balancing and mechanic tweaks for every weapon, mod and warfare that is released. Why bother in a market saturated with PvP games that it will never match? If you don’t care about PVE play a different game. If you care about PvE and PvP play multiple games.

Edited by SeriouslySinister