Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

New Passives for Old Prime Weapons

Scarachus

As we all know, there are a lot of old Prime weapons that aren't used nearly as much as the others. Here, I will suggest some passives akin to newer weapons for the old and unused (and also give them names because why not)

Reaper Prime: Soul Reaper

• Upon killing an enemy while Channeling, 30% of the enemy's health (not EHP) will be used to heal the user

Vasto Prime: Surprise Quickdraw

• Weapon Draw (specifically for switching into the Vasto Prime) Rate is 200% higher, and the first shot fired within 2 seconds after the Vasto Prime is drawn will guarantee a knockdown

Fang Prime: Hemotoxin

• Channeled attacks have a 50% chance to inflict permanent toxin procs. Once the enemy has been inflicted with toxin, further procs from the Fang Prime will inflict bleed (slash) procs

Scindo Prime: Executioner

• 50% increased Finisher Damage

Dakra Prime: Dexterity

• +9s Combo Duration

Burston Prime: Ancient Agility 

• 75% Increased Holster Rate

Latron Prime: Marksmanship

• 25% Increased Headshot Damage

Bo Prime: Counterattacker

• Blocking an enemy attack has a 50% chance to open them up to finishers

2 hours ago, Scarachus said:

Vasto Prime: Surprise Quickdraw

• Weapon Draw (specifically for switching into the Vasto Prime) Rate is 200% higher, and the first shot fired within 2 seconds after the Vasto Prime is drawn will guarantee a knockdown

How about for 2 seconds after reload as well?  I think with an effect like this people would repeatedly switch weapons just to cause this.

2 hours ago, (PS4)psycofang said:

These are cute. I like these. 

Paris could get 1 too something like over drawing the string ignores armor and shields for that shot.

I think "ignores X% of armor" is more reasonable than ignoring all.  To be honest I don't really think the Paris needs one, although I wouldn't mind seeing it get one.

2 hours ago, xXRampantXx said:

How about for 2 seconds after reload as well?  I think with an effect like this people would repeatedly switch weapons just to cause this.

I think "ignores X% of armor" is more reasonable than ignoring all.  To be honest I don't really think the Paris needs one, although I wouldn't mind seeing it get one.

Yeah, 2 seconds after reloading should be good too

2 minutes ago, (PS4)RenovaKunumaru said:

Well technically every Target you hit wouldn't have that ammo refunded to you, just the shots that miss and hit nothing, so you would run out of ammo from hitting enemies.

Right, true, but if you miss your shots, your ammo would be refunded. So technically that's unlimited ammo which would be broken.

On 18/10/2017 at 10:18 PM, TKDancer said:

Fragor Prime: Shattering Blows

• Remove X amount of BASE armor per hit(X should be about 15-20), essentially a better version of Shattering Impact built into it

Fragor Prime isn't really old, and I would definitely say that they are already powerful enough. The built-in Shattering Impact makes sense, but I feel that if it did have such a passive it shouldn't be more powerful than the mod itself. 

18 hours ago, (PS4)damagerate1 said:

What about the fragor? 

Resist knock backs?

Hammers already have momentum, so I think it's a bit redundant. 

Anyway, thank you for the suggestions and feedback :D

9 hours ago, Scarachus said:

Fragor Prime isn't really old, and I would definitely say that they are already powerful enough

not vs armor

even with red crits fragor struggles a TON vs armor at high level since it has very little status and its slow swing speed doesnt help with applying status or making use of shattering impact

thats why i suggest it having a stronger version of shattering impact built into it that would stack with the mod

also, altho Fragor P. isnt THAT old, we got 2 new hammers recently that put it to shame due to good crit and status on top of good base dmg, whereas fragor only has crit going for it(which is more than enough for corpus/infested but grineer laugh at it)

+the fact that 1 hammer can get its IPS to favor slash and the other favors slash by default

If I may change a few things?

Latron Prime - Silenced

• Prime bonus: 100% silent (I mean, listen to it!)

Vasto Prime - Gunslinger

• Prime bonus: Reloading or drawing the gun adds +50% fire rate for 3 seconds.
  • Recoil reduced
  • Gets the same altfire as Pandero
  • Critchance boosted to 35%

Boar Prime - Tenacity

• Prime bonus: Built in ammo mutation (A max rank, non-prime one. Stacks with those mods too)

Ankyros Prime - Momentum

• Prime bonus: +10s Combo Duration

Dakra Prime - Windblade

• Prime bonus: While channeling, shoots shortrange "windblades" (think Exalted Blade's waves) with, say, 10 meters range (affected by Reach-increasing mods), 100% slash-damage and really high travelspeed?
  • Statuschance increased to 35%

Edited by Azamagon

19 minutes ago, Azamagon said:

If I may change a few things?

Latron Prime - Silenced

• Prime bonus: 100% silent (I mean, listen to it!)

Vasto Prime - Gunslinger

• Prime bonus: Reloading or drawing the gun adds +50% fire rate for 3 seconds.
  • Recoil reduced
  • Gets the same altfire as Pandero
  • Critchance boosted to 35%

Boar Prime - Tenacity

• Prime bonus: Built in ammo mutation (A max rank, non-prime one. Stacks with those mods too)

Ankyros Prime - Momentum

Dakra Prime - Windblade

• Prime bonus: While channeling, shoots shortrange "windblades" (think Exalted Blade's waves) with, say, 10 meters range (affected by Reach-increasing mods), 100% slash-damage and really high travelspeed?
  • Statuschance increased to 35%

I like these a lot more. Any ideas for Ankyros? 

1 minute ago, Navarchus said:

I like these a lot more. Any ideas for Ankyros? 

Thanks.

And ummm...

24 minutes ago, Azamagon said:

Ankyros Prime - Momentum

Other than that... I dunno, maybe something like this:

Ankyros Prime - Quakefist

• Prime bonus: While channeling, all attacks deals its damage in a small AoE (Between 2 to 3 meters?). All enemies struck count for melee combo counter.

Honestly though, I feel these kind of channeling bonuses should almost be innate to channeling itself, so it feels worthwhile to use. And to drain energy/second instead.

On 21.10.2017 at 2:33 PM, Azamagon said:

Boar Prime - Tenacity

Ankyros Prime - Momentum

As somebody that uses the boar prime every day and having it as my most used primary, I would say no.

The boar prime is already a very well balanced weapon, assuming it would have the 40% base status back that it lost in 2015. If you add that with a riven is more or less the gun from the old days where being good a specific thing was good enught for a weapon and did give you a lot of other options depending on what you wanted to do, given that it has a lot of drawbacks compared to status rifles to make up for the higher proc rate and status rifles do share the ammo inefficiency of it at high levels, the prisma grakata even with maxed primed ammo mutation already on it.

As for the Ankyros Prime I would love a mini magnetise effect, drawing in enemy units within 8 meters towards you to make up for the very short range.