Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Quill rep feels bad to gain

TruthArbiter

Once you talk to Onkko and get the amp you are introduced to what the Quill have to offer. Unfortunately, you can't gain anything until you get 200 intact cores and or some cores from a teralyst. This is absurd. Not only that, but you then have to grind for more cores to get the bp for new amp parts. The amount of standing the intact cores give need to be buffed. I think increasing them to 50 would feel a lot better.

3 minutes ago, TruthArbiter said:

Once you talk to Onkko and get the amp you are introduced to what the Quill have to offer. Unfortunately, you can't gain anything until you get 200 intact cores and or some cores from a teralyst. This is absurd. Not only that, but you then have to grind for more cores to get the bp for new amp parts. The amount of standing the intact cores give need to be buffed. I think increasing them to 50 would feel a lot better.

That or there should be missions that you can do for the Quills that grant standing,

I second both ideas proposed here. No more Kuva Siphon situations where people didn't know at all what they had to do, please.

Also having missions that happen exclusively at night with better rewards perhaps, tying it all to the whole Eidolon hunting maybe? Hmmm...

Anyways it's quite obvious one of the points of improvement is mission diversity as a whole, so yes, I'd be all for it :)

a mission that introduces the whole amp stuff would be nice too.

give us a random amp and a challenge to do with it or so

also i think even 50 would be too low, considering that you can only farm them for 50min after waiting 100min.
fixing the drops would also be a beginning (so far even if you clearly pick up a core 2/3 if the time it doesnt count, just farmed them the whole night and got only 15 cores)

Edited by LazerusKI

1 hour ago, LazerusKI said:

fixing the drops would also be a beginning (so far even if you clearly pick up a core 2/3 if the time it doesnt count, just farmed them the whole night and got only 15 cores)

Alright, so one thing I figured out, that seems to be largely unknown, is that the glowy orbs with the beam of light coming from them are NOT the sentient cores, the cores are smaller, and translucent, so they're almost invisible next to the glowy things, which seem to be some kind of energy pickup? Somebody tell me if you figure that part out, because I'm still not sure. 

18 minutes ago, cursedmoon13 said:

Alright, so one thing I figured out, that seems to be largely unknown, is that the glowy orbs with the beam of light coming from them are NOT the sentient cores, the cores are smaller, and translucent, so they're almost invisible next to the glowy things, which seem to be some kind of energy pickup? Somebody tell me if you figure that part out, because I'm still not sure. 

You are correct about the core being the smaller drop. I still have no idea what the other orb thing is.

16 minutes ago, Stratus_Fear said:

Apparently if you are in a group the cores aren't shared with the group either. In my group if one of us gets a core its gone for everyone else. I'm about fed up with DE right now.

Wait really? That is such a terrible design if it is true.

15 minutes ago, TruthArbiter said:

Wait really? That is such a terrible design if it is true.

I think they're talking about the bigger drop still, but I've only played it solo, so... 

Edit: I'm wondering if the larger orb is some kind of aggro draw "buff" if it is picked up by the "Eidolon Lures" and can only be picked up by one player/lure per orb. Maybe it draws the Teralyst's attention? 

Edited by cursedmoon13

54 minutes ago, cursedmoon13 said:

I think they're talking about the bigger drop still, but I've only played it solo, so... 

Edit: I'm wondering if the larger orb is some kind of aggro draw "buff" if it is picked up by the "Eidolon Lures" and can only be picked up by one player/lure per orb. Maybe it draws the Teralyst's attention? 

No I am not. The basic drops were not allowing more then one pickup.

its horrible if every drone dropped a core, i could see this being fine, but since the drop is like 10% or lower for a core... i mean i've been playing since it dropped pretty heavily and i don;t even have 1000 rep... they essentially gated the most interesting aspect of POE behind a massive grind wall...

Welcome to the Plains of Eidolon.

Prepare to Grind....

1. Focus (LOTS)
  2. Cetus Standing
  3. Quill Standing
  4. Fish
  5. Rocks
  6. Random materials found on the plains

Pretty much the entire economy is a brand new separate system. May I suggest oiling your willpower lest you burn out?

It's also be nice to cover in game all the minute details about the Eidolon hunt like:

The Big Eidolon is called the Teralyst.
The Teralyst's shields are invincible to normal weapon damage, only vulnerable to void damage.

You have to target the radiator things on the 4 limbs to damage it once the shield is down.

Those small drones do way more dps and damage per hit than the Teralyst itself. Take them out asap. (I think someone may actually have slipped in an extra 0 - they 1-shot a lot of frames)

Said small drones have 2 stages: 1 can be killed with any damage, the other can only be killed with void damage.

They also can give the Teralyst shields, and make its shields immune to damage.

During the second to last phase, those drones can heal the Teralyst.

The safe range is anywhere over 75 meters from the Teralyst when it's exploding.

The Teralyst's core is moved around by the explosion. It's best to pick it up before it explodes, then get the heck out of dodge, otherwise it can take minutes to find, if it didn't bug out and leave the world entirely.

Vacuum seems to not work on Sentient cores.

Revive your teammates - you can't leave the plains if one is dead.

16 hours ago, TruthArbiter said:

Yeah missions would also be nice. They could also be a good way of introducing people to how to kill a teralyst instead of all the guessing.

This is why warframe is bad at giving infos on players especially on how to kill that eidolon we have 0 clue on how to kill it....

We have to like wait for a youtuber or the wiki to post a guide for it.

30 minutes ago, Sunder said:

Prepare to Grind....

1. Focus (LOTS)
  2. Cetus Standing
  3. Quill Standing
  4. Fish
  5. Rocks

Pretty much the entire economy is a brand new separate system. May I suggest oiling your willpower lest you burn out?

Lol experiencing all these bugs and crushes burns me out faster than the thick grind wall..

20 hours ago, Sunder said:

Prepare to Grind....

1. Focus (LOTS)
  2. Cetus Standing
  3. Quill Standing
  4. Fish
  5. Rocks

As a MR 24 I dont mind the grind, it gives me something to log in for.

1 hour ago, bloodjinn903 said:

Also the update was on the 12th in the evening that's 2 and a half days a go and people are complaining about the grind. I mean  Warframe has never been a game where you can play the weekend and beat. less qq more pew pew

As a mr24 myself, I think grind is good. That's what warframe is. But poe takes it on whole another level. A level comparable to that water level nobody ever likes.

2 hours ago, bloodjinn903 said:

Also the update was on the 12th in the evening that's 2 and a half days a go and people are complaining about the grind. I mean  Warframe has never been a game where you can play the weekend and beat. less qq more pew pew

The problem isn't entirely that the grind is time consuming precisely, though unarguably the basic cores need to be of greater value.  The issue is that its current state is both counter-intuitive and anti fun.  The entire foundation for how the Quills stuff works is against itself 100% right now.

It's very safe to say that a lot of folks weren't entirely satisfied with how Operators feel to play/use generally speaking.  The Amps are something that can allow the ol' standard Beam to be made different, into something possibly fun.  While Focus 2.0 seeks to improve upon the other aspects of the Operators.  However at base the first Amp is basically "Here, its your same beam but with a thing on your wrist and a teensy bit more damage." and then what?  Warrior mode Operator initially is equally as helpless as standard Operator is.

Currently speaking we are presented with a total of 2 options for gaining Quills Rep, which is the only way to expand upon Operator mode aside Focus (which is a capped grind of its own), both of which are hinged heavily upon usage of the Operator.

• Kill a billion angry magic flying marbles by shooting them with what feels like the equivalent of a rubberband slingshot.
  • Kill a bunch of Eidolons.

The flaw here is created via redundancy.  The sheer volume of killing ants with a cap gun that needs to happen to gain any slight ranking is insanely high.  It's a grind that is unrewarding in terms of the gameplay mechanics involved with it.  The little orbs are weak, easy to kill, spawn in pairs, and provide the rank equivalent to trying to fill the Empire State Building with single grains of rice.

This means the only real option is to kill Eidolons.  That however is where the flaw resides, if we can kill Eidolons with our bare-bones basic nothing tier Operators, then what even is the point of the better Amps in the first place?  To make it take less time to kill the Eidolons?  But the only thing of relevance gained from killing Eidolons ties directly and explicitly into expanding Operator shenanigans.  It only serves to cycle into the thing you already do at baseline zero with no work into it.  In other words;  Doing a metric ton of work without any real gain behind it.

Playing further to the tragedy of the current setup, many of Focus 2.0's abilities don't really even help with defeating Eidolons at all.  On a whim for the sake of testing I maxed Madurai's two blasts for all the Hadouken all the time, was somewhat fun to mess with in blasting Grineer units for roughly 3k damage, give or take.  However that blast does jack diddly nothing vs an Eidolon because it's Heat damage.  Upgrading your damage Focus to let you do more damage, doesn't help you do more damage to the Eidolon.  Wat?

Another issue currently is that there's no buildup at all on the system as-is.  It would feel nicer and more fun if it was something you worked on in a way that felt relevant over time.  Having some type of mission structure with some type of valid feeling escalation.  Ways to feel like you're actually gaining something.  Without any feasible option beyond "Beat the final boss first." it just makes the whole thing feel entirely wrong.

Mind you I'm saying this from a place where I like most of what was done with Focus 2.0.  I also like the idea of what's being done overall with the intent behind the Quills stuff.  And think the Plains map is interesting to run around upon.  Ignoring of course bugs with its matchmaking being full stop busted with public based stuff.  However currently speaking, the entire system is quite literally backwards.  Your only option is to sprint before you have even learned to crawl.  And the only thing you gain from doing so is the ability to sprint even faster than before.

Intact need to be worth around 100 to be worth the grind getting to 5000 should be easy... remember its gonna jump up to 22,000 at the next rank and we cant even buy basic amp until we hit that rank its why i'm not spending my cores atm, i'm just stock piling them.