The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Mastery rank 9 test making me quit Warframe

GrandTickler2

On 10/14/2017 at 11:21 AM, GrandTickler2 said:

This is one of the worst and most rng based mission ive ever played in any game EVER, and it's gonna be the reason im quitting this game soon.

i practiced like 30 times, after a while i am able to pass it repeatedly without too much issue's. but then the real test begins and.. everything is different.

in the practice run (3rd stage) i can simply walk up the first guy in the middle and stealth kill him or just throw my glaive at it, as for the actual run.. doesnt work... even though many youtube videos show this is possible, i get detected time and time again. sometimes its immediately, sometimes it takes 5 seconds.. thats the thing there is no consistency in this test and its all luck based whether they will see you or not.If the practice test and actual test have such different mechanics theres no point in actually training myself in this mission now is there?

So here i am, with PoE open to me and a arsenal of weapons/warframes i still need to level. But my mastery rank is capped thanks to this bullS#&$ little mission.. so what reason do i have to keep playing if any progress is halted? absolutely none

for someone who plays games over 90 hours a week and tend to dominate any online game, i can't wrap my little head around how other people got past this bullS#&$.

Biggest thing is you're getting yourself too hyped up about it.  It's not the end of the world if you fail.  Personally I didn't cheese the stealth ones and just did them the way they're meant to be done.  We're all different though and will have different ones that are difficult.  Stay calm and I'm sure you'll get it eventually.

1 hour ago, Gibsy091 said:

Does anyone really play the game like this? No. Even the spy missions you only had to be careful near the end and even then you had a few seconds if you screw up. In general the test are bullS#&$. I hadn't enjoyed a single one of them. If DE really wants to have them then fine, but don't arbitrarily lock off content behind a mechanic that isn't used to this degree in 99% of the game (most players don't play this way). At least let me replay it as much as I want, don't give me a needless @(*()$ 24h timer.

Seriously does anyone actually go:"Gee golly, I'm going to do this spy mission (actually feel free to insert any mission here) only with my melee weapon, NOT use any abilities and not alert anyone!"

well as its some rando who dug the grave here with a forum join date 44days or so AFTER the next latest post..

yeah they do. your question was does ANYONE. 

they also operator only spies or possibly even sorties from time to time. check youtube for at least some "definitely exists" evidence ready to hand.

and all manner of other shenanigans. you =/= everyone. majority =/=everyone.minority =/=everyone. 1 example out of everyone == anyone.

necro less. ask better questions. get less hyperbolic in thinking. 

last point. there comes a time in a little tennos life where the release rate on new content is so slow, that unlocking a mastery rank test they haven't IS ITSELF accessing some of the little and or contrived remaining new content until another "real" content release.

good day or night to you.

On 2017. 10. 14. at 5:26 PM, GrandTickler2 said:

from what i understand this test got patched multiple times. and you cannot use powers, also you cant use primary nor secondary weapons either

Banshee + redeemer. This is the best way to handle the bs stealth challanges.

• 4 weeks later...
On 1/23/2018 at 10:42 PM, steelblueskies said:

well as its some rando who dug the grave here with a forum join date 44days or so AFTER the next latest post..

yeah they do. your question was does ANYONE. 

they also operator only spies or possibly even sorties from time to time. check youtube for at least some "definitely exists" evidence ready to hand.

and all manner of other shenanigans. you =/= everyone. majority =/=everyone.minority =/=everyone. 1 example out of everyone == anyone.

necro less. ask better questions. get less hyperbolic in thinking. 

last point. there comes a time in a little tennos life where the release rate on new content is so slow, that unlocking a mastery rank test they haven't IS ITSELF accessing some of the little and or contrived remaining new content until another "real" content release.

good day or night to you.

Nope, didn't quit. The tests are still crap though. All I'm saying is they shouldn't block your warframe abilities. Can you cheese the test this way? Sure, so what? People cheese regular missions anyway all the time with specific loadouts and party.

If people want to challenge themselves by playing a certain way that's ok. What I'm asking is there really an instance in game where you auto fail a mission if you get spotted? like the exact moment an enemy sees you, you fail? They could meaybe switch up the tests? MR 14 in MR 9 place and MR 9 in MR 14?

Also sorry I was just looking up tips for beating the test and didn't look a the date of the post, thought it was more recent.

Edited by Gibsy091

4 hours ago, Sqoul88 said:

use 'enemy radar' to see enemys on map help lot's.

use a long range melee help too (like a weep not throwing)

Thats how I did it in the end. Ivara+Atterax. Didn't even bother with finisher animations just plain quick attacks with long range.

Am 14.10.2017 um 17:32 schrieb Spartan336:

MR shouldn't be the reason you quit Warframe. MR hardly matters.

It matters if we are talking about lower ranks, on MR9 there is still alot out of reach, after MR 13-16 you could say it`s more of a QoL thing! This particular MR test often caused trouble and stealth itself is a bit funky in Warframe and not the most solid mechanic. 

They should just retire this test if it is such a headache for people. I don`t remember this test being difficult but that was a long time ago, a time where they didn`t implement some changes to stealth mechanics and these changes are probably causing these issues?

How do you fail a "stealth" test.....other than the PATCHED bugs that would auto fail you. Even with a dagger or melee range weapon, you can simply go slow. Yes, Warframe encourages YOLO-ing due to the amount of mods making weapons broken until lvl 60+ or later and people pressing 4 and taking a nap (Hi, ember plebs, enjoy that upcoming nerf :D ). Nothing wrong with the game making you go slow for a few minutes at a time; learn some patience and chill to be actually good at the game in all aspects.

But regardless, let's retire this old horse. Poor fekker's been beaten for a good year and a half. Git gud and use the damn practice rooms Simaris gives us FOR FREE INFINITELY. If you're failing a MR test because you tried it blind with a random trash loadout cause you forgot to swap weapons/gear back to your main stuff, then I've got nothing more to say to you.

Infinite practice exists, use it pal. Or not, as I assume you'd have quit the game by now :D

• 2 months later...
On 2017-10-14 at 5:21 PM, GrandTickler2 said:

This is one of the worst and most rng based mission ive ever played in any game EVER, and it's gonna be the reason im quitting this game soon.

i practiced like 30 times, after a while i am able to pass it repeatedly without too much issue's. but then the real test begins and.. everything is different.

in the practice run (3rd stage) i can simply walk up the first guy in the middle and stealth kill him or just throw my glaive at it, as for the actual run.. doesnt work... even though many youtube videos show this is possible, i get detected time and time again. sometimes its immediately, sometimes it takes 5 seconds.. thats the thing there is no consistency in this test and its all luck based whether they will see you or not.If the practice test and actual test have such different mechanics theres no point in actually training myself in this mission now is there?

So here i am, with PoE open to me and a arsenal of weapons/warframes i still need to level. But my mastery rank is capped thanks to this bullS#&$ little mission.. so what reason do i have to keep playing if any progress is halted? absolutely none

for someone who plays games over 90 hours a week and tend to dominate any online game, i can't wrap my little head around how other people got past this bullS#&$.

You wait until you have to roll a riven 100+ times.
This system is completely frustrating and  broken right now.
When you think of the time spend on that S#&$...
PS: I'm referring to rivens that cost 3k+ plat, so buying (for me) was never an option.

Sorry to hijack your thread.

On 2017-10-14 at 10:21 AM, GrandTickler2 said:

Redeemer still works, enjoy sniping baddies and cheesing to victory, just know if an eneny sees some1 die, gg

1 hour ago, rmac306 said:

You wait until you have to roll a riven 100+ times.
This system is completely frustrating and  broken right now.
When you think of the time spend on that S#&$...
PS: I'm referring to rivens that cost 3k+ plat, so buying (for me) was never an option.

Sorry to hijack your thread.

Try adjusting your screen settings to increase your FoV

On 2017-10-14 at 10:21 AM, GrandTickler2 said:

On 2017-10-14 at 10:36 AM, (XB1)RDeschain82 said:

All experience does carry over to your next master rank even though you haven't passed the MR test.

Yeah, I took like three MR tests back to back on my old Xbox account because I had failed my test and had to wait for the 24 hours to retake it. By that time I accrued enough xp to take the next two tests.