Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Account Migration PS4 to PC

(PSN)BenBJammin1

Hello, I have been reading into this situation for a while and now I have arrived here. The Forums on the warframe website! I am just a Warframe lover and I am wondering when and where I can get a transfer from PS4 to PC. I have put in quite some time on the PS4 and I do not wish to have to start completely over although if this never gets resolved I might. I have gone to the Sony support and had a live chat with the people there and this is what it looked like:

Contance: Hello, My name is Contance how may I assist you today? 
Me: Hello 
Me: I was just wondering if there was any possible way that I could get some data transferred to PC? I completely understand if you either don't know the answer or just say no. 
Contance: It is a pleasure to meet you Benjamin, I am afraid that it is not possible to transfer data from the console to a PC. 
Me: Alright well that is unfortunate. Do you know if there will be any future plans for this? Or is it a thing that will absolutely never happen? 
Contance: Regrettably, we will not be able to provide you with that information for it is not something that we have access to since we are only mean for troubleshooting as well as account assistance. However, I can certainly provide your feedback to see if it something that can be considered for future updates. 
Me: I know it is a long shot, but if there is any way you can help make it considered in future updates that would be very nice! Specifically for the game Warframe. That is the only data I want and I know there are other players that would like this to happen also. Thank you for the help and you were very kind! 
Contance: You are more than welcome! I will do my best to see what our quality assurance can do, however I can not guarantee that I can be done. Also, thank you very much! Do you have any more questions or concerns that I can answer for you? 
Me: Wait. Is there some other place I should go to submit this request? I didn't exactly know where to start with this so I kind of just picked a place... Sorry if you aren't supposed to be getting these requests. 
Contance: No need to be sorry Benjamin, at least it is a start, I believe that there is a place in our blog where you can provide an idea. One moment while I check to see if that is still available. 
Me: Thank you. 
Contance: No problem! All you have to do is go to https://blog.us.playstation.com/ (End)

Then somewhere on the page on the right-hand side, you should see feedback. All you have to do is select that, then select share feedback. Then there should be a comment box. From there your voice will be heard. 
Me: Thank you very much! This was a very good experience and you did a great job! Have a good day! 

Alright so I would say that slightly well. Although I am not sure he had any real idea of exactly what I wanted. Then I went to the posted link and it was just a blog of what Sony wanted to post so it didn't really help, but I submitted feedback and asked why it wasn't possible to transfer. I have no clue if I will get a response or anything from that and honestly I doubt it. Then I went to the actual Support Forums on the Sony Playstation website. This is where things get interesting. Here is what I posted:

I played quite a bit of Warframe on the PS4 in my day when I had one. I had recently switched to PC and was wondering what it would take to get a Character Transfer/Account Migration. I have been doing some looking around and everyone says that it will never happen. I am here today to ask why? Why can't it happen? Does it cost too much money? I understand that Sony does not want to lose players, but if they are losing the players anyway why won't they let them keep/transfer their data. That just doesn't quite sit right with me. I was going to switch to PC no matter what, but having to restart everything is a pain in every players back and I don't know how easy or hard it is to set up a Character Transfer/Account Migration, but that is what I would like to learn. What are the reason behind Sony not allowing the Transfers/Migrations to happen? If anyone could just make me a nice list that is well-versed in the community it would be appreciated. There are many gamers out there looking for a definitive statement from Sony as to why they are not allowing this. Especially on a Free to Play game like Warframe. If anyone knows where else I can take these questions to help get them heard by Sony it would be much appreciated. (End)

I was sincerely asking for real answers and this is what I got:

From, Dead-Sync (Support MVP)

Hi Ben,

This is ultimately up to Digital Extremes, the developers of Warframe. Any cross-platform account or save transfers are always handled by the developers. In fact, Warframe did have a limited time PC to PS4 account transfer, but it seems like they have chosen not to have a permanent transfer system, or something that works from PS4 to PC.

You may wish to ask in the Warframe forums (it was a link in his message) for addition info or context. (End)

I have officially been to most of the places to go to ask these questions and now I am here. I just wish to know why we aren't allowing transfers from PS4 to PC and if I could possibly get my account transferred. If I must I will go deeper and start asking more questions because for some reason this is really, really important to me. Thank you everyone and if you know somewhere else to send me to gain more information please reply!!

Edited by (PS4)BenBJammin1
I misspelled hello lol at the very beginning
  • Like 1

There have been in the past, only two instances of allowed account transfers; first from PC to PS4, and then from PC to XBONE.

I have personally not heard or read of any further plans to allow account transfers in any direction in the past 4 1/2 years.

While each case is unique and handled by the DEv's, it is unlikely that they will fulfill your request for an account transfer. It won't hurt to ask and hope for the best though!

Edited by FLSH_BNG

7 hours ago, (PS4)BenBJammin1 said:

Hell, I have been reading into this situation for a while and now I have arrived here. The Forums on the warframe website! I am just a Warframe lover and I am wondering when and where I can get a transfer from PS4 to PC. I have put in quite some time on the PS4 and I do not wish to have to start completely over although if this never gets resolved I might. I have gone to the Sony support and had a live chat with the people there and this is what it looked like:

Contance: Hello, My name is Contance how may I assist you today? 
Me: Hello 
Me: I was just wondering if there was any possible way that I could get some data transferred to PC? I completely understand if you either don't know the answer or just say no. 
Contance: It is a pleasure to meet you Benjamin, I am afraid that it is not possible to transfer data from the console to a PC. 
Me: Alright well that is unfortunate. Do you know if there will be any future plans for this? Or is it a thing that will absolutely never happen? 
Contance: Regrettably, we will not be able to provide you with that information for it is not something that we have access to since we are only mean for troubleshooting as well as account assistance. However, I can certainly provide your feedback to see if it something that can be considered for future updates. 
Me: I know it is a long shot, but if there is any way you can help make it considered in future updates that would be very nice! Specifically for the game Warframe. That is the only data I want and I know there are other players that would like this to happen also. Thank you for the help and you were very kind! 
Contance: You are more than welcome! I will do my best to see what our quality assurance can do, however I can not guarantee that I can be done. Also, thank you very much! Do you have any more questions or concerns that I can answer for you? 
Me: Wait. Is there some other place I should go to submit this request? I didn't exactly know where to start with this so I kind of just picked a place... Sorry if you aren't supposed to be getting these requests. 
Contance: No need to be sorry Benjamin, at least it is a start, I believe that there is a place in our blog where you can provide an idea. One moment while I check to see if that is still available. 
Me: Thank you. 
Contance: No problem! All you have to do is go to https://blog.us.playstation.com/ (End)

Then somewhere on the page on the right-hand side, you should see feedback. All you have to do is select that, then select share feedback. Then there should be a comment box. From there your voice will be heard. 
Me: Thank you very much! This was a very good experience and you did a great job! Have a good day! 

Alright so I would say that slightly well. Although I am not sure he had any real idea of exactly what I wanted. Then I went to the posted link and it was just a blog of what Sony wanted to post so it didn't really help, but I submitted feedback and asked why it wasn't possible to transfer. I have no clue if I will get a response or anything from that and honestly I doubt it. Then I went to the actual Support Forums on the Sony Playstation website. This is where things get interesting. Here is what I posted:

I played quite a bit of Warframe on the PS4 in my day when I had one. I had recently switched to PC and was wondering what it would take to get a Character Transfer/Account Migration. I have been doing some looking around and everyone says that it will never happen. I am here today to ask why? Why can't it happen? Does it cost too much money? I understand that Sony does not want to lose players, but if they are losing the players anyway why won't they let them keep/transfer their data. That just doesn't quite sit right with me. I was going to switch to PC no matter what, but having to restart everything is a pain in every players back and I don't know how easy or hard it is to set up a Character Transfer/Account Migration, but that is what I would like to learn. What are the reason behind Sony not allowing the Transfers/Migrations to happen? If anyone could just make me a nice list that is well-versed in the community it would be appreciated. There are many gamers out there looking for a definitive statement from Sony as to why they are not allowing this. Especially on a Free to Play game like Warframe. If anyone knows where else I can take these questions to help get them heard by Sony it would be much appreciated. (End)

I was sincerely asking for real answers and this is what I got:

From, Dead-Sync (Support MVP)

Hi Ben,

This is ultimately up to Digital Extremes, the developers of Warframe. Any cross-platform account or save transfers are always handled by the developers. In fact, Warframe did have a limited time PC to PS4 account transfer, but it seems like they have chosen not to have a permanent transfer system, or something that works from PS4 to PC.

You may wish to ask in the Warframe forums (it was a link in his message) for addition info or context. (End)

I have officially been to most of the places to go to ask these questions and now I am here. I just wish to know why we aren't allowing transfers from PS4 to PC and if I could possibly get my account transferred. If I must I will go deeper and start asking more questions because for some reason this is really, really important to me. Thank you everyone and if you know somewhere else to send me to gain more information please reply!!

Never gonna happen . Why ? who cares , the answer its no ... knowing the reason its not gonna change nothing (and the reason is pretty easy to see with a little common sense ... sony has no way to know if people are going to "switch to PC no matter what" or are just gonna continue playing in PS4 if they dont let them switch... so why risk to lose someone if they dont gain absolute nothing allowing you to switch , even if you are not going to continue playing ) .

Edited by Yagamilight123

1 hour ago, FLSH_BNG said:

There have been in the past, only two instances of allowed account transfers; first from PC to PS4, and then from PC to XBONE.

I have personally not heard or read of any further plans to allow account transfers in any direction in the past 4 1/2 years.

While each case is unique and handled by the DEv's, it is unlikely that they will fulfill your request for an account transfer. It won't hurt to ask and hope for the best though!

I have asked and my request is pending reply since the support for this game is only open on Monday-Friday they have not seen it yet, but the least I can do is hope and ask.

3 hours ago, (PS4)ATreidezz said:

There is no console to PC account migration, only PC to console.This probably has been asked hundreds of times and have been answered many times in the devstream & forums,  even by Steve himself. Its like asking if DE gonna bring back excal prime.

Is there a certain video that you can show me where you have the evidence of this? If not I would like to know when the next devstream is. I just want to be answered by Steve himself then. I am not here to beg I am here to figure out why console to PC migration is such a difficult thing to do. I only wish to extend my knowledge about the gaming world that is all.

Update: I am currently watching some devstreams I found them all.

Update: I have looked through about 30 devstreams Q&A's and have not found one where he answered my questions...

Edited by (PS4)BenBJammin1
Updating the post

I am ending my search for answers for I have found everything that I need to know. Thank you to everyone who provided positive commentary even if it was something that didn't support my cause. Also I have started another profile on PC and will be beginning my grind in the next few days. I hope someday something changes although it looks very grim.

On 10/16/2017 at 3:59 AM, (PS4)Vorpal-Pawn said:

As someone who has spent way too much money on console, (and looking to move to pc) this makes me sad.

I've been playing on PS4 since release and I finally gave in and started again on PC.

Sad to not have anything but playing on PC is just so much better for me. Framerates are awesome, constant fixes and it's way more active which makes it so much easier to get stuff. I started a week ago and I'm already on MR9 again. Luckily I got a boost with the Twitch Prime thing giving you a Frost Prime, Soma Prime and Schindo Prime :P

• 2 weeks later...