The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

you have been playing for over an hour

Oystar

i realize this is the last change you expected a push back against but all i ask is a way to turn it off in the options menu

this game is rated mature and i am adult if I'm hungry i will get up and eat if need o go to the bathroom I'll do that in between missions, the amount of time i have been playing does not effect these bodily functions and it just clutters that chat i prefer having my chats empty so i can chuckle at my alliance motd see if any one has said anything i can't do that as well when i come back from a nap having left the game on and see this

278a189c4b.png

i hate having cluttered chats and would just really like to be able to turn this "feature" off, honestly one of the worst changes you've made in the game (to me aleast)

P.S I'm also big on immersion and that's immediately broken when chat pops up reminding me I'm "playing" a game

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, SupremeDutchGamer said:

or you could just NOT nolife the game.. theres a reason why the devs remind you that you've been playing for a long time. which is that its NOT HEALTHY. 

This just in: Playing the game for more than an hour on even a single occasion is "No Lifing the game"!

Seriously, putting aside how ridiculous your statement is, most of us are adults. The game is aimed at adults. We are adults. Most adults don't need constant reminders on how to take care of their basic needs, being told what to do with their time, or to be patronised.

Its not a big issue obviously, but I kinda agree with OP.

I cannot fathom how playing for more than an hour is even close to "no life" levels of play time.

Edited by StinkyPygmy
  • Like 1

2 minutes ago, TheBrsrkr said:

Dude, you played for 10 hours straight. I think it should be that cluttered because that's just not healthy. 

Judging by the original post OP probably just spent 6-8 hours from that 10 hours sleeping so that ~4 hours of actual playtime is really not a lot.

16 hours ago, StinkyPygmy said:

This just in: Playing the game for more than an hour on even a single occasion is "No Lifing the game"!

Seriously, putting aside how ridiculous your statement is, most of us are adults. The game is aimed at adults. We are adults. Most adults don't need constant reminders on how to take care of their basic needs, being told what to do with their time, or to be patronised.

Its not a big issue obviously, but I kinda agree with OP.

I cannot fathom how playing for more than an hour is even close to "no life" levels of play time.

i never said "more than an hour" tho... i was refferencing the picture from OP that has about 10 hours worth of warnings. which IS nolifing the game.

also. 

15 hours ago, Fiftycentis said:

they needs to do this for legal reasons, it's a feature in every mmo, even if the devs knows that you are gonna play more than one hour most of the times

and i don't see how a message every hour should clutter your chat

this guy has a point.

16 hours ago, SupremeDutchGamer said:

or you could just NOT nolife the game.. theres a reason why the devs remind you that you've been playing for a long time. which is that its NOT HEALTHY. 

Dude you cant even cap your daily focus in 1 hour , the game has become excesively more grindy with this update.

56 minutes ago, SupremeDutchGamer said:

i never said "more than an hour" tho... i was refferencing the picture from OP that has about 10 hours worth of warnings. which IS nolifing the game.

also. 

this guy has a point.

No, but the context of reminders showing up every hour was what I was referencing. I didn't make that very clear though.

I wasn't aware of the legalities. That makes sense though, otherwise no one would bother with the reminders of their own accord. Don't get me wrong, I don't particularly care either way, but I definitely agree with OP's sentiment. But hey, the law is the law.

47 minutes ago, darkki94 said:

Dude you cant even cap your daily focus in 1 hour , the game has become excesively more grindy with this update.

Iirc you can cap it in 25 minutes. Someone posted how concerning stealth + sedna (correct me of im wrong someone)

Someone else does it with banshee.

13 minutes ago, StinkyPygmy said:

I wasn't aware of the legalities.

The problem with it being legal is that as OP says hes a grown man that does grown up things BUT they have to put it there BECAUSE grown adults have killed themselves by over playing a game. 

Sorry to say OP but its a necessary annoyance you have to deal with for the safety of other adults who have terrible habits that can result in serious health issues or death. 

They may have adult bodies but being 18-25 doesnt mean everyones even mildly intelligent.

Just be glad you can play at all iirc theres a 2d mmo that forcibly logs you off after 6 collective hours of being online and wont let you back on until the timer resets. If you try log in theres a korean cat thatll warn you that repeat log in attempts will ban you.

Edited by (PS4)psycofang

1 minute ago, (PS4)psycofang said:

Iirc you can cap it in 25 minutes. Someone posted how concerning stealth + sedna (correct me of im wrong someone)

Someone else does it with banshee.

The problem with it being legal is that as OP says hes a grown man that does grown up things BUT they have to put it there BECAUSE grown adults have killed themselves by over playing a game. 

Sorry to say OP but its a necessary annoyance you have to deal with for the safety of other adults who have terrible habits that can result in serious health issues or death. 

They may have adult bodies but being 18-25 doesnt mean everyones even mildly intelligent.

This is going to sound cold but unless someone has some sort of disability which inhibits their ability to make sound decisions regarding things like this, then I honestly don't know how anyone with that kind of common sense has even made it to the ripe old age range of 18+. I don't generally consider it to be anyone else's job to babysit grown, able minded, adults.

But, that aside, it is what it is. A spammy message every hour won't kill anyone, but evidently self imposed starvation or a ruptured colon will kill a select few that it really shouldn't.

12 minutes ago, StinkyPygmy said:

This is going to sound cold but unless someone has some sort of disability which inhibits their ability to make sound decisions regarding things like this, then I honestly don't know how anyone with that kind of common sense has even made it to the ripe old age range of 18+.

Because people are dumb or are faulty to do stupid things, remember that guy that lit a motor on top of his head? Fired his head into his chest killing him.

18 and below people mostly live in a coddled world with restrictions, once they hit 18 19 20+ theyre still usually the same brat that graduated high school just older. It takes repeat slaps to the face from life, getting scammed, fired and jaded for people to reach a level headed maturity...usually.

Which is usually about 3 to 5 years if they make enough mistakes.

Some people need to be protected from themselves...unfortunately. 

. I don't generally consider it to be anyone else's job to babysit grown, able minded, adults

"Grown" is less of an absolute and more of a concept really.

. A spammy message every hour won't kill anyone, b

Which is why i feel this didnt even require its own thread.

but evidently self imposed starvation or a ruptured colon will kill a select few that it really shouldn't.

*shrug* it be wat it do n das it.

But again this is all in reference to the white glint phenomena or carrot on the stick.

"Just one more run" x N.

Edited by (PS4)psycofang

• 3 weeks later...
On 10/22/2017 at 10:53 AM, Volinus7 said:

Or Warframe could reduce grinding length to fit 10hrs into 1hr of playing lol.

On 10/22/2017 at 10:59 AM, SupremeDutchGamer said:

See above ^

It is physically impossible to accomplish anything in this game in an hour because the game developers constantly increase the grind requirements. As Volinus said, if they adjusted that grind to reasonable levels then you wouldn't have to play so long for even a basic reward.

1 minute ago, (PS4)Riko_113 said:

See above ^

It is physically impossible to accomplish anything in this game in an hour because the game developers constantly increase the grind requirements. As Volinus said, if they adjusted that grind to reasonable levels then you wouldn't have to play so long for even a basic reward.

I usually play an hour a day, I can complete sorties within less than an hour and do various missions.

22 hours ago, xXDeadsinxX said:

I usually play an hour a day, I can complete sorties within less than an hour and do various missions.

Cool. You can do "end-game" post grind stuff in an hour. I've accomplished all of that stuff too. But not everyone has.

Please, tell me how long it took you to build Vauban Prime. Even if you already have all of the increasingly immense resource requirements to build things, you still had to put in the time to get them in the first place. And don't even try to tell people on the forums that you successfully farm for parts for anything in an hour consistently in this game. The RNG alone would prove that either that is a lie, or you are the single luckiest person in this game on any platform.