Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Lotus needs to tone it down

Rustmonger42

She really needs some work done and when to speak and what to say. I just completed a hive mission with three hives. Even on the third hive she explained to me that hives are surrounded by tumor nodes that must be destroyed. Yes, you explained the first time, and the second time, and now the third time. All in the span of five minutes. That is all.

Peace

"It's the Grineer" always makes me sad.  It's so obviously an artefact from the early design of the game, in which it was slower-paced, more deliberate, with smaller, more meaningful encounters interspersed with larger security patrols that would provide an occasion to use ultimates.  In that context, the Lotus' warning was to get you ready to use your special abilities to cope with the extra influx of mobs.

You still get a little bit of that experience as a newbie-to-mid-level player, I think, but the character of the game soon changes into a nuclear farming simulator once you're past that stage.

4 minutes ago, PMind said:

Indeed. 
"It's the Grineer" actually makes me laugh at its absurdity. It would be nice if they had a team set aside to go back and update the "script" to reflect what the game has become. Some day perhaps.

I just did a mobile defense mission that turns into a defense mission, and in it we gotta defend an orokin relic.  The Lotus pronounces it in the way they used to, "or-o-kin" instead of "oro-kin" and it made me laugh.  

5 minutes ago, PMind said:

It would be nice if they had a team set aside to go back and update the "script" to reflect what the game has become. Some day perhaps.

So much of This. I wouls like to see a portion of their team start fresh new accounts and get to Sedna. They might notice the absolute lack of Neural Sensors before Jupitur and how Rhino is the only craftable frame till then. This wasn't a problem when unlocking the next planet only required you beat the 'boss' of the last planet. But the junctions with goals makes getting any frame besides your starter that much farther away.

31 minutes ago, PMind said:

She really needs some work done and when to speak and what to say. I just completed a hive mission with three hives. Even on the third hive she explained to me that hives are surrounded by tumor nodes that must be destroyed. Yes, you explained the first time, and the second time, and now the third time. All in the span of five minutes. That is all.

Peace

aBg8Slg.jpg

Just now, (PS4)thowed said:

"What is that thing?" after my 15000th kuva mission.  Then on some she tells you what it is when you find it.

Exactly. There should definitely be a "check list" of things she no longer butts in to say or explain once you have done them, for sure. Like earning an achievement.

Still waiting for the option that lets us turn off all Lotus transmissions except ones telling us things we can't see for ourselves.

Not muting, not changing volume, but actually completely disabling, the same way you can disable the operator.

3 minutes ago, (Xbox One)NobleTenno said:

turn off hints

That does nothing.