Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Plains of Eidolon cant playd Solo?

BlauesKyurem1993

I playd the new Update "Plains of Eidolon" a couple of days and everytime when the enemies are coming (20 or 30 enemies)  you are gonna die. 

You can say "No, you are just bad [...]" but it is not possible to play or to survive the mass of enemies solo.

You have to play with a Team or you can just run away when a enemie sees you.

The problem is you cant do the Random missions when there are 40 enemies waiting for you. Its impossible solo for an Person who didnt pay for the Game or playd like 300 hours with best equipment. 

That is really depressing when you die like for the 6 Time while you just wanted to catch some Fish or something.

The enemies scale in levels the farther away from the gate you are.

But here's a neat trick, if you do the first bounty (Levels 1-5) and finish it, not matter how far away from the gate you are the enemies will always be level 1-5.

ANother thing is you don't need the best equipment just, the proper equipment to take on the enemies levels.

Consider bringing frames and weapons more suitable for the job. Limbo is an absolute monster in the plains, so is Nidus and Nyx. Long-range weapons like arca scisco are handy for fighting airborne enemies, but you can also bring close-range weapons for ground combat.

Well it's kinda normal to have difficulties dealing with so many enemies at once if they are too strong for you. If you're trying to do the 2 last Bounties but can't defeat the enemies, then you should try it yet. Like reptillicus said, you don't need the "best stuff". You simply need to take the things you like and build them properly, according the enemies weakness, the long range fights, etc. 

If something is too hard for you, it doesn't mean it's impossible. Stay positive :).

Map awareness is actually important now.

Unlike before where the danger could only come at you from a few directions, enemies can attack you from literally any direction now, even from above. Just stay alert and eliminate the high-priority targets first and don't stand out in the open.

Also have you like, tried fishing somewhere where there aren't any enemies... ?

Edited by Tricky5hift

I solo the high level stuff (cant kill an Eidolon on my own but it's not designed to be done solo) and they highest bounty is rather tricky, simply because they are not like normal level 60-80 enemies and have far more damage/armour etc etc then other enemies of that level. (like sorties and level like 120 enemies are a less of a pain i swear) but I enjoy the new challenge... 

its just a matter of bringing the right mods/builds, practise. 

even though they advertised the plains as being good for new players and let newer players enter right from the get-go it really really isn't suitable for newer players at all. (it was just a con to try and get new players in that regard) 

Edited by morningstar999

There isn't any actual scaling going on in the plains.

After putting up this post...

I started messing about with online groups. There is no spawn difference between a full squad, and a lone Banshee.

As i said in my thread, the urgency is nice, but this kind of design kinda enforces playing the meta.

I know people meant well when they say to play 'X' frame, but realistically, every frame should be somewhat viable. People should offer tips and tricks on how their own frame of choice performs in the plains.

I am sorry, but I really don't agree, as long as you have weapons/mods that can kill enemies of the appropriate level it is easy to solo in the plains. Looking at your profile you have only just started playing, this is simply a case of a player trying to run before they can walk.

I can understand the desire to see the new content when a player may have been drawn in by this update, but you need to be a little more realistic about what you can and cannot do. Soloing any content is harder in WF than going in with a group, that does not mean it is hard to solo, on the contrary. I mostly solo in game now because I like the challenge of taking on harder content knowing I cannot rely on a rez from other players, cannot rely on the synergy available within a group of balanced frames. But to do it well you need to understand the mechanics, have solid frame and weapon builds, understand the limitations of those weapons and frames, and that only comes with experience.

As a new player I would suggest you put playing the plains solo on the back burner until you have a better grasp of basic game mechanics, understand which damage types you should be using for higher level enemies, and a healthy selection of levelled mods, weapons, and warframes to chose from.

If you can't help yourself, stick to doing the lowest level bounties, and mix that with time spent in normal levels and missions working on developing your inventory and getting the primary damage mods levelled.

Edited by HexCaliber

I manage just fine with low to unranked gear.

It's really just how you play and practice OP. There are some things to adjust too with PoE as enemies can attack from any direction and positioning etc is more relevant than on your standard tile sets.

You just gotta practice, improve your gear, and quite literally "git gud". I mean that in the most sincere way possible. Something's literally are as simple as that. 

I solo a lot - MAG and Vectis

Even higher levels take massive damage with Crush and one shot with Vectis 

Lower levels just crush and they are gone 

Plus you have to play the rest of the game POE is just an add on after all

Edited by Retchid

15 minutes ago, HexCaliber said:

I am sorry, but I really don't agree, as long as you have weapons/mods that can kill enemies of the appropriate level it is easy to solo in the plains. Looking at your profile you have only just started playing, this is simply a case of a player trying to run before they can walk.

This isn't true. The plains need some work as far as general balance goes. It only really seems to want a 4 player squad, with select frames managing to stand alone by themselves.

I have every frame in the game (bar Gara), and i have every mod in the game (bar one or two secondary ones). While it's true you shouldn't be trying to do the 3rd, 4th, or 5th tired bounties solo as a new player, the plains does in fact have an issue with solo play.

Point in case:

vlcsnap-002290rsez.jpg

This was a tier 4 bounty iirc.

These things are like tanks in the sky, and that all good. But when the point is to hold a position against a never ending spawn of enemies these things tip the balance distinctly against you, and there is no way to tip it back.

There is actually a point here to be made, I personally have almost entirely solo'd the plains (until I have 100% confidence in PoE matchmaking I will not touch public) but that is because I have over cough*cough hours in the game. And even then, PoE solo is some of the hardest content in the game because you can't rely on choke points and short lines of sight. For a new player, even on the lower level bounties, PoE is probably hell solo. 

And if you are a new player, you have only one bounty you can do, even the second bounty requires you to have a decent assortment of mods. 

Either DE needs to add more content to low level PoE or treat it as a pit-stop in Star Chart progression where a new player is only supposed to maybe do Gara's quest, then peace out. 

1 minute ago, MillbrookWest said:

-snip of sky tanks-

Good god I hate those things, one second I am all alone fishing and the next I am dead in a because one of those spawned behind me.

Edited by DrBorris

29 minutes ago, MillbrookWest said:

This isn't true. The plains need some work as far as general balance goes. It only really seems to want a 4 player squad, with select frames managing to stand alone by themselves.

I have every frame in the game (bar Gara), and i have every mod in the game (bar one or two secondary ones). While it's true you shouldn't be trying to do the 3rd, 4th, or 5th tired bounties solo as a new player, the plains does in fact have an issue with solo play.

Point in case:

vlcsnap-002290rsez.jpg

This was a tier 4 bounty iirc.

These things are like tanks in the sky, and that all good. But when the point is to hold a position against a never ending spawn of enemies these things tip the balance distinctly against you, and there is no way to tip it back.

I've personally managed with Banshee and some of the less defencive more squishy frames in that exact scenario. Plenty of ways to tip the balance, you just gotta use your noggin.

The planes aren't perfect, but there is a scaling system that seems to work in the form of bounty level influencing the base level of enemies the further you get from cetus. with no bounty, they seem to stick the the base calculations. I have also noticed less enemies solo.

In my experience at least as far as the OP goes I've been enjoying this factor of difficulty. Simply not being able to funnel enemies into a corridor etc and having the traverse hills and think about positioning has been a breath of fresh air and for once, challenge has been created without relying purely on scaling and cheese, whether intentional or not.

If you're a new player, and you're out soloing T4 bounties or fishing too far out in the planes, then you're tackling content you're not ready for. In fact, if you stay away from the outposts the most you might get is the occasional patrol running into you, so even fishing far out in the planes is viable.