Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Speed warframe

(PSN)chris1pat8twins

Yes we have warframes that are fast runners(Loki, Ash), and use speed like abilities(Volt, Valkyr), but what I’m talking about is a warframe that is ALL about speed. Volt is about shocking, Loki is about stealth and tricks, and Valkyr is rage. This warframe would be about speed in a every way, making it the fastest warframe in the game. Some may say “what about Loki”, again Loki is unique when it comes to stealth and trickery. But now that the comparisons are out of the way, let’s focus on the warframe.

Name: I was thinking it could be something like Zoran, mainly cause that name is not heard of very often like Hermès or Mercury. So it wouldn’t sound very cheesy.

Stats: well I was thinking the speed should at least be 1.2 but I’m going for something like 1.3. Of course it would not matter too much since it’s abilities would definitely increase it. His health and armor will no doubt be the lowest compared to most if not all other warframes, like maybe 200 health and like maybe 50 armor. After all in order to be fast you can’t have too much body armor slowing you down. Shields would be about average, max 300. 

Gender: well I can’t say for sure. Would say male but then again a female speedster would probably be better due the majority of fast warframes being male. 

Appearance: Now the appearance is a little difficult. Makes me wish I could draw but hopefully y’all have a strong imagination. I was picturing Zoran being a bit slim compared to most warframes. Also a lot of speed characters in movies, games, and comic books have a similar appearance lighting or tiny wings. Instead of those, I was picturing him having a blade like design, mainly around his arms, legs, and some of his shoulders and head. To sort of give him the ability to cut through air as he runs. Blades could even sprout out of his knees and elbows too and extend during channeling.  

Passive ability: now this is the tricky part. I was thinking that the passive ability would be something like Zoran being able to assassinate enemies faster than any other warframe. Usually it takes about 2 seconds to execute a blind or unalarmed enemy even with a fast light weapon like a dagger. But this warframe could do it in like 1 second or a split second depending on what weapon it uses. The lighter the faster but no matter what weapon it uses, it will always be faster then the other warframes. Also I was thinking it could also run faster the less weapons it carries and even lighter weapons. For example let’s say its speed is 1.2, and you only have a dagger equipped(not including pets or sentinels) then the speed would increase to like 1.4-1.5. Perfect for making quick executions.

Abilities: they would all involve speed use unlike most other warframes. Some may be similar but different. 

First Ability: I was thinking would be something like a quick dash and attack(execute if unalarmed or blind) and return back to the spot. It would be like a rhino charge mixed with Excalibur dash and slash first abilities with a quick return similar to Ash’s last ability. Maybe even leave something like a speed mirage behind until the return. Also other enemies would not be able to spot you during that time period. Almost like a quick invisibility.

Second Ability: would be more of a speed boost similar to Volt and Valkyr but no electricity nor team boost. Basically everything becomes faster. Running, attacking, recovery from knock downs, and even casting other abilities. But what makes this ability unique is that while running bullets won’t be able to hit you as easily. It would be like if the entire squad had those Emp Auras that reduces enemy accuracy. I was also thinking that the alarms would have like a 5-10 second delay when passing through them but that could be more of an adjustment mod. Or for some kind of Time warframe.

Third Ability: most thirds are usually some sort of protection and so I was thinking that a speed bullet deflect would be a perfect one for Zoran. Similar to when you gaurd except that all bullets get completely deflected, including missiles and even napalms and leave you completely unharmed. And maybe the bigger the weapon, the wider range of deflection that could possibly protect teammates. Maybe as a bonus or an adjustment mod would be being able to reflect bullets back with additional damage to the enemies firing. Unlike channeling guard, this ability would use less energy while completely guarding any and all attacks. Enemies who try to melee you would also be attacked and killed. 

Forth Ability: now this was a difficult one to think of but I was thinking it could be similar to how the old Ash’s Forth ability used to be. Where you can target all enemies on your screen and attack them very quickly like Ash except that you have to be on the ground, and only enemies you can see on your screen. And for every enemy killed, a speed mirage is left in its place that would distract all other enemies.

I know that this sounds crazy but I can’t stop thinking about how this warframe could be use for different missions or challenges that others can’t. Be honest about what y’all think, but DON’T be discriminating. Use facts, not opinions or feelings. Don’t use excuses like “because I think so”. Use real reasons to why you would object to this kind of warframe. 

Thank you.

Well I got responses faster than I thought. No pun intended. But I can’t help but notice some people are insulting the idea of a warframe due to SIMILARITIES that it shares with other warframes, and others seem to misunderstand what I mean by a SPEED warframe. Now some ideas were pointed out and trust me I have like a dozen ideas for abilities for this warframe, but I only listed 4 that were physical as examples. If this warframe is in any way a “rip-off” of other warframes then it must be like the 20th in line of other warframes. Sorry that I didn’t put enough details into the abilities and sorry that I used other warframes to give y’all a more visual idea of how the abilities would work. Sorry about that. I forgot that most people don’t have the kind of visual imagination as I do and tend to use their ability to compare and contrast people and things very differently from me. Now that that’s out of the way. One, warframes like nova are no where near close to this kind of warframe cause they use abilities like teleportation, plus trolls like to use nova in tight doorways to block teammates from passing through and other annoyances. Teleporting is not the same as speed movement. When I mentioned the last ability being SIMILAR to ash that is mainly because of the idea of being able to attack and possibly kill multiple enemies at a very fast pace. The difference here is that ash can target the same enemies more than once(up to 3), and he can target any enemy no matter where they are and from any location. Last, he TELEPORTS. This warframe has to be on the ground because he RUNS to each enemy but he can only target enemies that are in his sight but also on the same level of field. In other words, enemies that are flying, a floor up, across edges or cliffs, or a floor down CANNOT BE TARGETED. He also does not use finisher damage(unless they are blind or unalarmed) but he does do high damage depending on mods. And he leaves a SPEED mirage cause if you ever watch movies, read books, played games, about a fast person you will notice that when they move from one spot to another very quickly and back they leave an after image effect or speed mirage as it is sometimes called. If a person punches at a very fast pace it looks like they have multiple arms. So no, it not a “rip-off” of mirage. Her ability is completely different from Zoran’s. I used rhino as an example to give you a visual of Zoran charging at a fast pace towards an enemy and striking them, but unlike rhino, Zoran would return to the spot he was standing when the ability was used and he can only target one opponent at a time, and it takes a second or 2 before reusing so it can’t be spammed easily. If that is a “rip-off” then Excalibur, atlas, hydroid, and zephyr are also “rip-offs”. And don’t get me started on Oberon, Harrow, and Trinity with their healing abilities. But I’m capable of noticing the differences between their abilities and how they work in combination with their other abilities. Idiots wouldn’t shut up about how “Harrow replaced Oberon”. That got really annoying. Of course I tend to believe strongly in TEAMWORK, so maybe that’s why most people can’t comprehend how or why I think the way I do. I guess I forgot to mention the exact energy usage, duration, and other limitations that sparked such confusions. Volt is capable of increasing speeds by double the amount or more and affect other players for a certain period of time. What I was saying was that Zoran gets a solo boost but only by like maybe 1.5 but the ability to dodge some bullets was the main idea and it is an energy drain ability, not a time duration. So the energy could easily drain quickly if used for too long. Very different from volt. If invincibility is a “rip-off” then he would be the next in line after wukong, valkyr, hydroid, Harrow, and many more. For starters he wouldn’t be able to move in this state and it would drain his energy at a fast pace. So as a soloist, this ability would not last very long. Only inexperience kids would not know how to use the third ability with timing. This “they’re all alike” mindset is what sparks stereotypes and not very good ones. So please leave that mindset in politics and out of warframe. Hopefully I’ve made things a little clearer, otherwise I feel sorry for those who disagree with such insults. But those of you who have supported or at least gave ideas to sort of balance him out, thank you and good job. 

One guy gave me a little idea about his forth ability. Hopefully I made it a little clearer above of how it would work. But now I’m picturing him having the ability to make blades come out of his knees and elbows and extend while channeling and entering in a sort of martial arts stance similar to a few weapons. I hope you know the ones I’m taking about. Since I thought of more bladed appearance for Zoran this ability could make more since. While in this state he fights like if he was using something like the Obex. He also inflicts slash damage to his opponents and channeling increases his range. And maybe he does get a little boost in speed as well since he wouldn’t exactly be wielding a weapon. He would be a weapon. And as a charge attack while in this state he could either do a bladed worldwind spin or maybe like a role. Of course while channeling would increase range and damage it would also drain his energy faster so you would need to be smart. Just another idea to think about.

Edited by (PS4)chris1pat8twins

I like the idea except for the fourth ability, we don't need another ash. I was thinking maybe instead we could get another exalted weapon, maybe dual daggers. The combos on the daggers could be made to build momentum allowing you to go faster when you do certain combos with the daggers. (Although that might feel a bit too much like coptering)

• Passive: could be increase for some of your stats, could be energy regen, status chance, crit, attack speed, damage evasion whatever and would be increasing (with certain limit) if you are running closer to your cellmates, more players running together for longer time means stronger buff, decays when you stop moving
  1. Sonic punch - One quick punch on targets in front of you, hold down the button while running to increase damage, on max charge hit targets behind the first one
  2. Lobe spin - Perform quick spin on a place, creating small vortex that would pull enemies towards you, no vauban vortex just one small instant pull that would pull close enemies to you and those further away just drop on ground. Could be cast during your 4th spell to pull your enemies close to you so you can run through more targets at once. Could be used to thaw cold debuffs or extinguish fire
  3. Speed zone - Create zone that will increase speed of any target standing in it, working on both enemies and friendly targets, speed increase could be on reload, attack, movement, regen, projectile, cast
  4. Venturi rush - Gain massive movement speed boost and cause running through enemies to deal damage, maybe chance to spawn illusion or mind control on the enemies you hit for a while, every time you hit someone you gain stack of something, stacks will increase damage of each contact while increasing energy cost, energy could be drained per second with big drains every time you hit something, mind control or illusions could mods and there could be that eye diarrhea vision like mesa has or hard to steer like max speed archwing as disadvantage.

some other ideas:

sprinting through cameras, sensor bars/fields

deflect more ranged attacks with melee block

wall running, either totally antigrav or just replace hoping allong the wall

backdraft running past enemies or sliding would pull them to you or drop them onto ground

bonus attack speed for claws, sparring and fist weapons

I really like the idea of Mesa having blindfold to increase challenge, this frame could have weights on limbs or some cloak/second skins like chroma and when you use 4th the frame would drop it

Edited by meristu

Is nobody going to point out that this entire warframe is basically the abilities of 7-8 different warframes combined but with more efficiency?
The only thing that sounds unique and creative is the Passive.

You're going to have to re-think that whole thing through, and for the love of god :
-No Insta kill unless the range is short.
-No more than one invincibility phase, and a very short one at that.
-Don't copy/paste others warframe abilities into one and call it a day.
-Don't force your warframe into a weapon type ( Melee ) Unless your theme revolves around it. ( Gunslinger, berseker, Archer, etc )

Your current design basically screams "I'm permanently invincible and I can oneshot anything that fires at me if I hold guard 24/7"
"Oh and I ripped off Mirage/or/Loki ,Zephyr,Volt,Valkyr,Ash,Atlas,Rhino/or/Excalibur and made their power three time as good."

Speed frame needs base speed 1.15

then, for a passive, as he runs, he moves faster and faster up to a bonus of 50%

5% per meter ran, or something, the further he runs the more it reaches max, bullet jump/aim glide doesn't reset it

Volts movement gives him 1000 shock damage, but a speed frame would do the same but gain movement speed by moving

Since his passive grants him bonus speed, he wouldnt need a simple speed boost power at all

maybe he should have holster rate, reload speed, fire rate buffers as well as melee attack speed and movement speed, and casting speed

if he buffed all aspects of speed, and maybe had his first power turned into a damaging attack,

say he uses his first power to apply a proc, any enemies he collides with take damage based on how fast he his

like being hit by a truck or something, enemies are sent flying with huge force, depending on his current speed

hed hit enemies, dealing damage, sending them flying into objects, then they would take more damage on colliding with those objects

all this collision damage would be based upon his actual momentum though

i imagine this speed frame as a all around speed user who could be a walking bowling ball

every enemy is just a bowling pin for him to knock down like nothing

just curious about his other 3 powers though

2.Sonic waves maybe, he vibrates the air with sonic movements, the wave of sound crushing enemies in front of him

3. maybe he could flash step his attacks, doubling all his attacks +100% multi-shot to all guns and melee attacks, a channeled power

4: maybe a speed boom bubble that creates a huge 30m bubble that slows all projectile and enemy movement by 99%

^not like stasis but instead all incoming/outgoing projectiles and enemies, ally or enemy projectiles, are all slowed

^itd be to similar to Limbos stasis i think, it wouldnt be the void, but a huge bubble slow

5? if not 4, possible speeding aura, i like auras, he generates a powerful speed aura within 12m

this aura increases the regeneration effects of any nearby allies, their passives, powers, heals, etc

it would boost things like energy siphon/rejuvenation/shield recharge rate, an aura boosting aura

maybe it could boost any nearby allies by adding a natural health/energy regen to all allies

He benefits from the health regen/energy regen, as this isnt a channeled power

instead, he casts it, and it is a 30 second duration aura that boosts the speed of any regenerative powers/aura/passives

he definitely should have a all around 30% speed boost though

casting speed, holster rate, shield recharge, reload, fire rate, melee speed, movement speed

Nova pretty well covers the 'speed' theme between Molecular Prime speeding up or slowing down Enemies, and in that Wromhole makes Nova the fastest Warframe in the game - that is a fact.

you will have a very difficult time coming up with something to compete against Nova.

if you mix that with that we have Warframes which affect the 'speed' of your Guns, Reloads, Shields, Movement Speed, Melee Speed - we pretty much have all the Speed related stuff already, across different Warframes.
if your goal is to have a Warframe which puts all of that together at once, i don't know you might end up lacking for features in a couple departments.

Edited by taiiat