Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Noblesse_0blige

Just now, phoenix1992 said:

Inb4 *don't be entitled* comments.

I honestly don't see it as entilement if I don't gte the item for free and either have to shell out for it or work for it

2 minutes ago, CalcualtedMurderMachine said:

I've seen a lot of this and I knew it would come around

Here's my take

To the guy above that was mocking you, loyalty is not coming back every day just for a second or logging and then running away, that's just being lazy and caring ONLY about the login rewards

Loyalty is spending hours playing/grinding/supporting devs AND logging in everyday.

Sure this whole weapon lock is unfair since I am one of the players who plays HOURS in one day and then take a break

I see your point tenno but by now you should have understood that this thing is not going to change anytime soon. By ranting about it in the forums, you will get stomped on since vets are tired of hearing this bs. It might not just be against you but then they have got saturated with the bs of salty tenno

DE has enough s@!@#LAMt on their heads to deal with from people complaining(some like you) about PoE and everything anyone could get salty about

My suggestion to you, wait it out, don't get salty. Sure I was like you, until I realised if I got salty about it, I would get spat at.

So keep it formal and civil and wait it out, possibly until DE fixes/not. If you just want the weapons,  make a routine that the first thing you do in the morning is log in.

Its called grind frame for a reason

Best of regards.

And THIS is the type of discourse I was hoping for at the very least, well thought out facts and points rather than the mindless hate I seem to be getting for being 'entitled' despite specifically stating that I didn't want them to be free for players not getting them outside of the system. You honor me tenno for taking the time out of your day to speak like a human being, thank you for your input and helping me realize that the forums are pretty much never the place to talk about things ever again.

1 minute ago, Noblesse_0blige said:

I honestly don't see it as entilement if I don't gte the item for free and either have to shell out for it or work for it

And THIS is the type of discourse I was hoping for at the very least, well thought out facts and points rather than the mindless hate I seem to be getting for being 'entitled' despite specifically stating that I didn't want them to be free for players not getting them outside of the system. You honor me tenno for taking the time out of your day to speak like a human being, thank you for your input and helping me realize that the forums are pretty much never the place to talk about things ever again.

Do not fret my freind. 

The forums are very salty for the most case.

We gonna have to wait for a forum hot fix hehe

Anyways, glad I could have been of help

Just now, MagPrime said:

Nice try, but, still not loyalty when people flat out say the only reason they log in every day (or almost) is specifically to advance the login counter. 

That's. Not. Loyalty.

That's being rewarded for dedication to a routine, for being enticed by an incentive.  If they aren't logging in because they want to log in, then it's not loyalty.  This system is, pure and simple, bribery to get people to log in and hopefully play.

That's why the reward in question isn't meant to be for them, but for those who logs in regardless.

Just now, Noblesse_0blige said:

Forum 2.0 when?

It's called "The Block Function"

Just now, WindigoTP said:

That's why the reward in question isn't meant to be for them, but for those who logs in regardless.

Them?  Them who?  The people who didn't have the ability to dedicate time to said routine? 

Did you even read the original post?

The system is flawed, it should be changed to improve and deliver the stats DE wants to see.  It's not a matter of wanting something handed to them.  Almost every Login Reward thread has been about getting the chance to earn their missing days, not "gib nao"

You see for consecutive 6 months in a year I'm working outside of home and for this reason I fall behind for at least 180 days despite always being a loyal player (now I'm having 6 months vacation at home and I spend hours daily at this game). I can't get the new weapons is following YEARS and that's because I'm not a loyal player for logging in everyday? That's bullsh1t.

Logging in for 365 days and hardly play 5 mins each day or putting 10 hours daily in his 30 days available, which one is the loyal guy here?

Edited by Marvelous_A

Just now, MagPrime said:

It's called "The Block Function"

Them?  Them who?  The people who didn't have the ability to dedicate time to said routine? 

Did you even read the original post?

The system is flawed, it should be changed to improve and deliver the stats DE wants to see.  It's not a matter of wanting something handed to them.  Almost every Login Reward thread has been about getting the chance to earn their missing days, not "gib nao"

Well, they already have a means to earn their missing days - continue to log in.

Just now, WindigoTP said:

So, it's about "git nao" then after all?

There is a small difference between git nao and 700 days.

Like there is "rewarding loyalty" and then there is overkill. This system, among other systems was supposed to be a place holder for u18, not something to last for 2 years.

Stop using the word loyal i say that for both sides here. I am against the idea of removing the weapons from the login milestones. It removes the sense of achievement for me i played for long time and pretty much every day. I also work myself. Yes i know everyone's life is different but we can't cater to everyone's life much like the focus system. 

That is my opinion on the matter.

3 minutes ago, WindigoTP said:

Well, they already have a means to earn their missing days - continue to log in.

They're actually not.

The amount of days they're left behind (missing days) remains unchanged.

7 minutes ago, MagPrime said:

Almost every Login Reward thread has been about getting the chance to earn their missing days, not "gib nao"

There's a reason people use strawmans on discussions.

Bribery is the point of the system, isn't it?

Loyal player don't care about login reward, they already do the login ritual devoutly.

But I do agree as time goes by, longer and longer to get reward is frustrated for some people.

From other games' experience, if the login days is reduced to, let's say, 1 year total, and no more day counting.

Other reward can be obtained by doing other things( more flexebility), like achievements, or still keep login for a period of time, maybe it's better?

But people complain will keep complaining, I guess,

I would try to reply to specific posts, but since posts are spewed out by the minute, I can't really do that in order to keep track of everything. Still, this is my reply to those saying "Quit complaining".

If we never complained about things like this, we'd still have skewed drop rates. We'd still have 1/10 of the focus gain we have now. We'd still have 1-2 oxium drop per Ospray. We'd have a lot of very horrible things if we didn't. I've been around for more than 4 YEARS and so technically, I'm roughly 1400 days logged in give or take, so don't you get sassy with me about logging in. This system of giving things that can affect gameplay depending purely on if you logged in at some point during that day is neither rewarding loyalty or any sort of positive effect for the game.

Logging in should give BENEFITS to the player, like the boosters which are actually useful, but GAMEPLAY MECHANICS? I am seriously about to throw a fit how someone can think this is fine. You want a trophy? Then a cape would be just as valuable, if not more because Fashion Frame. This is not a GRIND either. GRINDS can be done efficiently and quickly if done right, this cannot. 

1 minute ago, WindigoTP said:

There's a small differens between "still being there in 2 years" and "gotta go in a week/month, gimme stuff nao".

There's a small difference between "gotta go in a week/month, gimme stuff nao" and "I had no access to my computer for the past six months because of work/hospital/ other grown-up stuff, I'd like to experience all the weapons that have been released since and I don't mind paying up".

Also, speaking of loyalties, I think it is fair for weapons to be locked behind a time gate, since vets then get the priority

However, the *way* it is locked should be changed

For example, "Upon playing for 100 days, you will receive the azinma/ Upon crossing  400 hours

Upon crossing 700 days, you will recieve the sigma and octantis/ Upon crossing  4k hours you get it

This however faces the problem of literally grinding and might be unfair

Also people can just go afk in game and never look back

SO its sad gg

1 minute ago, CalcualtedMurderMachine said:

Also, speaking of loyalties, I think it is fair for weapons to be locked behind a time gate, since vets then get the priority

However, the *way* it is locked should be changed

For example, "Upon playing for 100 days, you will receive the azinma/ Upon crossing  400 hours

Upon crossing 700 days, you will recieve the sigma and octantis/ Upon crossing  4k hours you get it

This however faces the problem of literally grinding and might be unfair

Also people can just go afk in game and never look back

SO its sad gg

Now some people will whine coz they just want to log in/log out and don't want to actually play this game as a "loyal player"

53 minutes ago, Nakrast said:

''Oh my, i don't play the game constantly, and i don't even bother logging in, and i can't get loyalty rewards?!?!?!? WHAT A SCAM!!!''
^ Basically, everyone that complains about the log in reward system.

Logging in shows loyalty?

Guess when I get to work today I'll clock in and immediately clock out. I'm a 10/10 loyal employee. I deserve a pay rise for my dedication. /s

1 minute ago, Aeiroth said:

I would try to reply to specific posts, but since posts are spewed out by the minute, I can't really do that in order to keep track of everything. Still, this is my reply to those saying "Quit complaining".

If we never complained about things like this, we'd still have skewed drop rates. We'd still have 1/10 of the focus gain we have now. We'd still have 1-2 oxium drop per Ospray. We'd have a lot of very horrible things if we didn't. I've been around for more than 4 YEARS and so technically, I'm roughly 1400 days logged in give or take, so don't you get sassy with me about logging in. This system of giving things that can affect gameplay depending purely on if you logged in at some point during that day is neither rewarding loyalty or any sort of positive effect for the game.

Logging in should give BENEFITS to the player, like the boosters which are actually useful, but GAMEPLAY MECHANICS? I am seriously about to throw a fit how someone can think this is fine. You want a trophy? Then a cape would be just as valuable, if not more because Fashion Frame. This is not a GRIND either. GRINDS can be done efficiently and quickly if done right, this cannot. 

I'm completely in agreement with you. If login rewards gave some super cool cosmetics I wouldn't mind because at the end of the day it's just some cloth or a piece of plastic that you put on your character. Weapons on the other hand give you much more benefits, especially simple gameplay time- something that no cosmetic will ever be able to provide.

Would everyone like to stop busting each others balls here for a minute and calm down? Work together, not fly off the handle and tear out each others throats for an opinion another has.

Personally I think in concept and implementation it is just simply a login milestone. And a milestone is just that, something you can say "Hey look what I got for coming back x amount, pretty neat right?" And really it's a system that was put in innocently and meaning well to everyone who logs in. Because the original daily login deal a lot of people didn't like, and there were always feedback on topics on it stating that it needed changed.

So they changed it, this is what it came out to be, and everyone liked it. But then there's players who come and and go, and come again, who feel left out and post topics like this.

Now I see it as feedback regardless of where I stand with my login, and what others say about it. It is feedback. Problem with that is that it not the best feedback for the login system I've seen, and I get it, not everyone can throw up an compromise on this subject on how it would work, but there has been a few with ideas on how to gain that back.

Then there's everyone else who feel like you should work for it like everybody else, while I do tend to agree, you also shouldn't start what's going to be what looks like a flame war. A 1 up on the guy you're quoting and arguing with.

Does no one have respect for common forum rules and each other anymore?  <---

It's just feedback from a member in hopes to maybe change something seen as unfair.

I'm not going to judge on them for that, and I can't really call it loyalty I guess because I am guilty of trying to log in every day even if I don't play but a few minutes. But regardless of what I do or don't get, I've been logging in almost every single day for 5 years. Just read above will ya people? Show some respect and work it out instead of 1 upping each other.

You go guys.

Edited by Alcatraz
Added <---

1 minute ago, DeMonkey said:

Logging in shows loyalty?

Guess when I get to work today I'll clock in and immediately clock out. I'm a 10/10 loyal employee. I deserve a pay rise for my dedication. /s

Loyalty, Dedication and Duty, are different things, you might want to google those words.