Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Plains of Eidolon: Hotfix 22.2.2

[DE]Megan

Would you guys possibly consider fixing a certain sound glitch I came across when either entering or exiting The Index? There's this weird static noise that plays whenever a player is entering The Index or when they're on their way back to their Orbiter, and it's a bit grating on the ears.

I don't know were I would put this but it would be awesome if you guys added heavy weapons. like I know you guys have heavy ish weapons but I mean like big powerful weapons

they wouldn't have to hinder speed it would just be really cool if there was a gatling type of gun gun. or a lobbing explosive energy ball (almost like an energy mortar) type of launcher that would be held underhanded. maybe to make sure it makes sense and that it wouldn't hinder the game you could make a weapon type that would transform?

think of the possibility's to innovate there? I mean you guys already weapons that switch modes now like auto and semi auto.

but what if one could morph from say (lets use a random weapon that already exists in war frame) the opticore an already big weapon and then it could transform to a more slow weapon like a version that really felt powerful but was held underhanded you may move slower while firing in this mode but the opticore beam instead of charging and firing once would charge and be a constant beam cannon in its transformed state you can balance it the same way you do with weapons that have auto and semi auto fire. and if you wanted to go back to that super fast warframe feel you could just transform it real quick and fire that single beam on the move maintaining warframes element of speedy gunplay while adding a new element were you would have to use strategy to use a weapon like that as you could die really fast and be a moving target yet you would feel even more insanely powerful then you do now with what you have just think of how satisfying it would be to sweep this huge constant thick ion beam across a room. imagine a weapon like the penta but instead of firing one grenade at a time you mite fire a volley in a single shot. that would certainly be awesome for a large area like the plains. idk these are ideas it certainly would be a fricken cool thing if you guys could implement it properly. anyway I don't know were the suggestion board is so ill post this here lol

3 hours ago, [DE]Megan said:

Plains of Eidolon: Hotfix 22.2.2

Changes:

• Convergence Orbs are now more lenient in Endless missions, and spawn at a position relative to the objective instead of the player. Orbs are also more combat-focused so that they are more likely to spawn as soon as the chance from a kill succeeds (before there could be short delays).

NO. no, no no no no no. nooooo nop no... :awkward:

Delete the orbs.

4 hours ago, [DE]Megan said:

Operators can now always Transference to their Warframe while in air, but Warframes can only Transference to Operator once while in the air.

Thank you so much. This was annoying me and was ruining the fluidity

3 hours ago, Ootarion said:

You realize that the Pool in Focus is to make you spend more time grinding right? While I understand where you are coming from, I am pretty sure DE put the Pool requirement in there to prevent people from quickly having maxed rank access to EVERY passive in the Focus trees, where as instead you will eventually have a high enough pool to have all the passives and not only that, have them all maxed out and equipped.

Except at this rate it'll take years to actually get anywhere in the trees, on top of the already way overblown stupid costs, we have pools, and the cap, and the minuscule gains from even specifically grinding focus with an optimal build, even if you meet the cap daily eventually that's only enough for barely half a node. Why are we not allowed to max out what we work for? Why are there three tiers of crap keeping us from doing things? Might as well put pool restrictions on weapons, Warframes, hell, disallow us from having more than 3 pieces of decorative armour. HELL, add an affinity cap to levelling weapons and Warframes too. That'll be great. As it stands this is worse than Focus 1.0, we're still actively punished for working on it but now we're working even harder for less progress. We have enough of a grind without this, gating this is just making players stop using it, if that's their intent then well done. It's a stupid useless feature anyway, even more useless with this much of a grind behind it, but a few of us wanna play around with it and we're being kept from that by bad design.

4 hours ago, [DE]Megan said:

Convergence Orbs are now more lenient in Endless missions, and spawn at a position relative to the objective instead of the player. Orbs are also more combat-focused so that they are more likely to spawn as soon as the chance from a kill succeeds (before there could be short delays).

Just tried a Survival (Assur, Uranus), convergence orbs stopped spawning around the 12th minute mark. I'm still far from focus cap today.

2 hours ago, Neo_Ganryu said:

Would you guys possibly consider fixing a certain sound glitch I came across when either entering or exiting The Index? There's this weird static noise that plays whenever a player is entering The Index or when they're on their way back to their Orbiter, and it's a bit grating on the ears.

Maybe you have a corrupted file? Could try checking the game cache with the launcher (don't do it with Steam) and see if it finds any issues.

Just now, Hobie-wan said:

Maybe you have a corrupted file? Could try checking the game cache with the launcher (don't do it with Steam) and see if it finds any issues.

That was actually the first thing I did when I first encountered this. While it did work the first time, the problem started happening again just a few hours later, and re-verifying the game cache through the launcher again has unfortunately not worked to resolve the issue. I even went so far as to completely uninstall the game and reinstall it, but the problem is still persisting.

Archived