The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

The proposed log-in reward changes are frustrating and dissapointing

(XBOX)DeluxeKnight831

As I'm about to get my Sword and shield next week it feels a little bad that someone just starting can get the same reward in their first milestone marker, especially with rubbish rewards in there like Primed Vigor (which ive not found any use for at all) and the Azima (i know, i've formad the hek out of mine and have a beast riven for it. It barely comes up to par with my other weapons even with 6 forma in it) So that's a whole 100ish days that people can miss if they like. I'm sure theres other thing's i've forgotten in there too

17 hours ago, -AoN-CanoLathra- said:

No one complains that people could start getting the Primed Mods faster, and I think that is for two reasons; one, they have no unique or quirky mechanics or appearance to endear them to the sentimental types, and two, they cannot be seen in your loadout or on your profile, so they aren't seen as a badge of honor.

This in itself is false because when primed shred appeared the forums were filled with all the people complaining that this powercreep shouldnt be there and/or why cant they get this mod right now.

Primed vigor havent created much uproar since warframe is health centric and getting more shields when everything is shooting/radiating slash or toxic damage is barely useable but primed shred can help a lot of weapons.

Also the uproar when primed shred arrived has shown that we actually have 3 groups arguin about the login system.

The mercenaries who as you said focus on the end as a goal.

The adventurers are there to find and end a grand journey. They see the end reward and what its worth but they also see the time consumed and that its fair and the same for everybody. These people wont say that getting an item faster is destroying the anchievement of them but they will point out that its the same for everybody out there.

The sentimentals or travellers are the ones who argue that decreasing time invalidates ones anchievents and commitement.

2 hours ago, Fallen_Echo said:

This in itself is false because when primed shred appeared the forums were filled with all the people complaining that this powercreep shouldnt be there and/or why cant they get this mod right now.

Primed vigor havent created much uproar since warframe is health centric and getting more shields when everything is shooting/radiating slash or toxic damage is barely useable but primed shred can help a lot of weapons.

Also the uproar when primed shred arrived has shown that we actually have 3 groups arguin about the login system.

The mercenaries who as you said focus on the end as a goal.

The adventurers are there to find and end a grand journey. They see the end reward and what its worth but they also see the time consumed and that its fair and the same for everybody. These people wont say that getting an item faster is destroying the anchievement of them but they will point out that its the same for everybody out there.

The sentimentals or travellers are the ones who argue that decreasing time invalidates ones anchievents and commitement.

What I meant was that no one is complaining that the new system will let people get these mods faster, not that there is no complaining about it at all. I should have been a little clearer in my post.

Been playing WF for years and I think this is a nice change. Can't wait for my friends who joined recently to get their Zenistars <3 Now instead of new--or old, but casual--players being put off by a 2+ year wait for something, they have control over the time they spend. Thank you DE :clem:

i didnt see the dev stream but i agree with this change. im a founder from pc and moved to xbox, so i lost out on my excalibur prime... guess what, i have no issues with it. doing so, i lost a few hundred days of logins, and everyone should have the opportunity to unlock items to obtain. they still need to famr exp, credits, mods and endo. to make people log in hundreds of days is unrealistic. especially considering maybe xbone players dont have the funds to keep their sub active all the time, thus making them unable to log in. i personally never liked login rewards of any game, its dumb milestones without work. its pointless and tedious.

Edited by (XB1)Kiraa Shinigami

Weapons should never, ever, be locked behind a system that has 0 ways of speeding up. Mods, fine but weapons, no. It was a bad idea, they tried it, people got bitter and now they are changing it for the better. I've played on and off since the game first came out. I never got anything special and they put in a system during my last break. That entitles newer players these items because they happened to be here during the content drought? It doesn't make sense.

Even allowing us to choose what we want when we want doesn't FULLY fix it, they need to take these items OUT of the system and put them elsewhere. For now, it's ok though.

Ultimately, it should just be booster packs and stuff though. Nothing super meaningful.

Edited by Coaa

1 minute ago, Coaa said:

Weapons should never, ever, be locked behind a system that has 0 ways of speeding up. Mods, fine but weapons, no. It was a bad idea, they tried it, people got bitter and now they are changing it for the better.

Even allowing us to choose what we want when we want doesn't FULLY fix it, they need to take these items OUT of the system and put them elsewhere. For now, it's ok though.

Ultimately, it should just be booster packs and stuff though. Nothing super meaningful.

Sigils, hell maybe even an armor set would be a better idea, cosmetics is one thing, mods pushed it, weapons just effectively lock MR behind years of waiting

14 minutes ago, zornyan said:

Sigils, hell maybe even an armor set would be a better idea, cosmetics is one thing, mods pushed it, weapons just effectively lock MR behind years of waiting

Sigils, armor sets and cosmetics are the least wanted items from login rewards. Every game i played where they gave out some emblem, cloth or such as a login reward for even day 100 was the stuff no one wanted.

I still remember when my brother reached 100 days continous logins in war thunder only to get a decal on his tanks. He was both disappointed and angry that this is the best they can come up with.

7 minutes ago, Fallen_Echo said:

Sigils, armor sets and cosmetics are the least wanted items from login rewards. Every game i played where they gave out some emblem, cloth or such as a login reward for even day 100 was the stuff no one wanted.

I still remember when my brother reached 100 days continous logins in war thunder only to get a decal on his tanks. He was both disappointed and angry that this is the best they can come up with.

Wel Warframe is hugely about fashion. So cosmetics have more weight here than other games.

beaides we DONT want game changing stuff (weapons/mods) in the system, cosmetics make more sense.

not sure how you can be “angry” that your getting stuff for free, even just a 1 day resource booster. It’s free in a FREE TO PLAY game ffs

Edited by zornyan

8 hours ago, zornyan said:

Wel Warframe is hugely about fashion. So cosmetics have more weight here than other games.

beaides we DONT want game changing stuff (weapons/mods) in the system, cosmetics make more sense.

not sure how you can be “angry” that your getting stuff for free, even just a 1 day resource booster. It’s free in a FREE TO PLAY game ffs

But fashion has to be beautiful and beauty us subjective. Just imagine finally reaching the 1000 days login reward anticipating some gorgerous syndana and such and you get some ugly rug what you can hang on your back.

I want to also ask for why we shouldnt have gamechanging stuff there? If the problem is mastery than ask DE to remove mastery from these weapons. Apart from this everybody has to log for the same amount of time and if someone really dont have the patience or cant make this effort then how about asking DE to add in the reskinned variant of the weapons in the market with the clear message that the original skinned weapon will be handled out at X logins.

As for how can he be angry? Well warthunder is a bugridden mess with extreme balance problems, enduring all that in hope of finally getting something useful for loyally logging yourself only to get something worthless can be really disappointing and anger inducing.

2 hours ago, Fallen_Echo said:

But fashion has to be beautiful and beauty us subjective. Just imagine finally reaching the 1000 days login reward anticipating some gorgerous syndana and such and you get some ugly rug what you can hang on your back.

I want to also ask for why we shouldnt have gamechanging stuff there? If the problem is mastery than ask DE to remove mastery from these weapons. Apart from this everybody has to log for the same amount of time and if someone really dont have the patience or cant make this effort then how about asking DE to add in the reskinned variant of the weapons in the market with the clear message that the original skinned weapon will be handled out at X logins.

As for how can he be angry? Well warthunder is a bugridden mess with extreme balance problems, enduring all that in hope of finally getting something useful for loyally logging yourself only to get something worthless can be really disappointing and anger inducing.

Because for the vast majority of players that have lives 600 login days is more realistically 4/5 years away. And the system is continually getting longer I.e impossible to EVER get for some

19 minutes ago, zornyan said:

Because for the vast majority of players that have lives 600 login days is more realistically 4/5 years away. And the system is continually getting longer I.e impossible to EVER get for some

Having lives is literally no excuse when all you need to do is to login every day.

If you seriously dont have the time to spend max 5 minutes to log in, then you might aswell stop playing warframe because the latest update proved that the grind wont gonna be better (280 days to get all focus nodes unlocked if you hit the daily cap every day).

But if we really want to make this fair im okay heres a suggestion. The 800th day reward will be the last one. As fast as a decent number of people reach this and get whatever reward is there the system shuts downs. From that moment if you want these items you need to play.

A login max takes 5 minutes (if your computer is trash or the servers are slow) so for every 5 minute of gameplay you get 1 login point. Login points are consumables.

To get the 800th day reward(800 lp) you need approx 67 hours of gameplay (actual gameplay not sitting in the orbiter or on a relay). If you use up your lp for this its consumed and you need to play again for more.

When the system goes live every players current login days will be converted directly into login points.

20 minutes ago, Fallen_Echo said:

Having lives is literally no excuse when all you need to do is to login every day.

If you seriously dont have the time to spend max 5 minutes to log in, then you might aswell stop playing warframe because the latest update proved that the grind wont gonna be better (280 days to get all focus nodes unlocked if you hit the daily cap every day).

But if we really want to make this fair im okay heres a suggestion. The 800th day reward will be the last one. As fast as a decent number of people reach this and get whatever reward is there the system shuts downs. From that moment if you want these items you need to play.

A login max takes 5 minutes (if your computer is trash or the servers are slow) so for every 5 minute of gameplay you get 1 login point. Login points are consumables.

To get the 800th day reward(800 lp) you need approx 67 hours of gameplay (actual gameplay not sitting in the orbiter or on a relay). If you use up your lp for this its consumed and you need to play again for more.

When the system goes live every players current login days will be converted directly into login points.

Your telling an mr24 (nearly 25) with 800ish hours logged to give up because the grind is too long.... (also no where near 280 days, if you do eidolen hunts you can get up to 1+ mil focus per day like me) 

no I can’t login everyday, nor can many people, people have lives, responsibilities and jobs, not everyone sits at home all day long to just login for the next reward.

what if you work away from home (like me)? Regularly, what if you go on holiday ? Oh S#&amp;&#036; your now 50 days behind!

youll understand once you grow up

34 minutes ago, zornyan said:

Your telling an mr24 (nearly 25) with 800ish hours logged to give up because the grind is too long.... (also no where near 280 days, if you do eidolen hunts you can get up to 1+ mil focus per day like me) 

So you are saying that you have the time to cap the system and kill 30 teralysts but at the same time you dont have the time to take max 5 minutes of your life to log in a game?

I work 10 hour shifts get home to my family around 18:00 and i still have time to sit down and play for an hour.

34 minutes ago, zornyan said:

what if you work away from home (like me)? Regularly, what if you go on holiday ? Oh S#&amp;&#036; your now 50 days behind!

youll understand once you grow up

The same happens with everybody else, hell it happens with me too yet do you see me complaining?

I tried to adress the problem upper in the suggestion but you completely ignored it, so how about i copy it here and you try to read it this time like a grown up person?

1 hour ago, Fallen_Echo said:

The 800th day reward will be the last one. As fast as a decent number of people reach this and get whatever reward is there the system shuts downs. From that moment if you want these items you need to play.

1 minute ago, Fallen_Echo said:

So you are saying that you have the time to cap the system and kill 30 teralysts but at the same time you dont have the time to take max 5 minutes of your life to log in a game?

I work 10 hour shifts get home to my family around 18:00 and i still have time to sit down and play for an hour.

The same happens with everybody else, hell it happens with me too yet do you see me complaining?

I tried to adress the problem upper in the suggestion but you completely ignored it, so how about i copy it here and you try to read it this time like a grown up person?

People will complain that devalues the system.

end of the day DE has suggested a temp fix in which it will cut required days to get important items (primed mods and weapons) in half, going forward they should reconsider putting weapons/game changing gear behind logins, as many like myself have said many of us can’t login daily, and the current system penalises that

2 minutes ago, Fallen_Echo said:

Just like the current plan from DE, i guess we are back at square 1.

End of the day a solution has been found, people will be unhappy regardless, at least the current system cuts down the time by 50% so it’s a start 

Logging on 700 times isn't an achievement, it is simply incentive to keep consistent server numbers. Locking a weapon behind these "goals" make me personally accept the fact I will probably never ever obtain it, never bothered me. After playing roughly 2100 hours since 2014 I have something like 80 days which is hilarious and nonsense. Still doesn't bother me.

The fact of the matter is real life is too inconsistent to commit to a game. Put into perspective, if you were 16 years old and played the game everyday for 2 years solid you would have "earned" a few mediocre Mastery Rank fodder weapons you would probably forget existed. Happy 18th birthday, now you can legally drink (in Europe) I am sure warframe has lost some appeal.  

Any change to this system would be welcomed. The rewards should be interesting like logon 50 times and obtain a vaulted prime of your choice or 20 days to obtain a shotgun riven, my favorite idea would be 100 days to obtain a reusable CLEM!. Or alternatively we can logon and obtain 'Neurodes', the plural is there for the irony. Only 4999 left to go for the Hema lol.

It is similar to the focus system, having a monstrous grind to mediocre reward ratio simply puts me off even attempting progression. I wish DE would step back from this strategy and make it realistic to achieve.

48 minutes ago, (PS4)Lilybad said:

I hate this, because new players will be able to research which weapon is the best, and get it. I had to wait 300 days for the Zenistar, so should they.

Zenistar is an average weapon at best, it’s bust better than the zenith and Azima, which are both bad.

giving the player the power to choose on the what reward they will get on a 50th day might be good for the short term but worst for the long term.

so here is the scenario

new player gets all the mods and weapons he wants in 300 days since he was given the power to choose and after whats left are rewards  that he/she does not want so what will keep new player motivated enough to continue to login pass 350 days?

my suggestion would be rather than 50 make the player choose from 150 day bundles sigil/glyph(50th day) prime mod(100th day) weapon(150)

Edited by kite21

On 11/3/2017 at 10:18 PM, (Xbox One)DeluxeKnight831 said:

For those who didn't catch the latest dev stream, the log in reward system is being changed once more. This time it allows players to set reward goals to work towards. for example, you can select the Sigma and Octantis, currently 700 day reward, and work towards it presumably log in for 50 days and obtain it. 

The current log in reward system is okay. It rewards loyal players who stick to the game and are in some cases a sort of identifiable trophy for hardcore players who also log into the game frequently. You don't even have to do any work, just log in when it's reset time and it counts. The proposed system gets rid of all sense of reward for hardcore players. Sure it's better for the casual player and by casual i mean the player who only plays for a limited time, maybe only on weekends but then again, you don't even have to play the game to add to your reward progress . All you have to do is log in and log out if you wish . I just can't understand why it would be changed to the new system discussed. it's really frustrating to be at 600 days plus like myself only to learn all my progress working towards certain log in goals will mean pretty much nothing in the near future. If people want a certain weapon faster from the rewards, why not log in and log out like the rest of us have ? i just don't get it and i don't think it's a good change at all. I hope DE reconsiders on this one 

Hardcore login-ers lol , give me a break .

vor 22 Stunden schrieb kite21:

giving the player the power to choose on the what reward they will get on a 50th day might be good for the short term but worst for the long term.

so here is the scenario

new player gets all the mods and weapons he wants in 300 days since he was given the power to choose and after whats left are rewards  that he/she does not want so what will keep new player motivated enough to continue to login pass 350 days?

my suggestion would be rather than 50 make the player choose from 150 day bundles sigil/glyph(50th day) prime mod(100th day) weapon(150)

That's a point there.

New players just do some research and get the best choices first.

At the end sigils and glyphs just don't motivate enough to keep players logging in.