Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Devstream #100 Overview

[DE]Taylor

13 hours ago, [DE]Taylor said:

MAKE CLANS GREAT AGAIN

We have a dedicated Clan team that continued to grow this year, which means we have a lot planned for the Clan and Dojo systems in the future. 
An overall relighting and remaster for Dojos will be coming, in addition to a reinvigoration of content. Steve talked about customizable Obstacle courses for players to create, as well as different (faction?) themes for the Dojo’s aesthetic. If you love the Tenno style, that’s awesome, but we’re looking to expand the customization of this Clan space.

These themes may also be incorporated into your ship, as we have things planned for the third Orbiter door.

Can we have a system that give the warlord title to another member of clan. When the warlord is not connected since a long time (3 or 6 months at least), not answer messages and have not given their privileges to another one, the title pass to another recently member connected and / or with the hightest (or any) rank.

So the clan and / or the new warlord can make changes, elevate or reduce tier; accept, refuse, expel member; etc. The clan can live / survive / be active and not be abandoned.

1 hour ago, Spkr4theDead said:

I have no idea what shield gating is, I probably missed it during the stream. But, I did hear mention of shields.

What's shield gating?

Basically, instead of getting one shot like we do now, our shields would actually be useful and absorb the shot in full before we start taking health damage....of course that is for anything non toxic damage (where we will still get one shot regardless hahah)

Pretty much the only issue I have at the moment is one also stated by Skill-Up; the game is NOT beginner-friendly. Beginners don't know what to do or where, let alone what IS that CAN be done. They hear things and expect them available, but they're not and that confuses them. While, yes, the community is open and helpful and we DO try and answer questions, it would be much, well, easier, to just add a couple NPCs whose SOLE job would be to tell us about what we can do in a given location. For example; an NPC telling us what we can do in the Relays ("Welcome Tenno to the X Relay. You can socialize freely here, as it is a neutral ground, or go to Y to do Z. Alternatively the Syndicates are over there, and they can etc etc etc"). They don't have to be fully developed or unique -a random Ostron or Relay person with an X above their head would be enough.

49 minutes ago, Kalvorax said:

Basically, instead of getting one shot like we do now, our shields would actually be useful and absorb the shot in full before we start taking health damage....of course that is for anything non toxic damage (where we will still get one shot regardless hahah)

Ah I see, thank you. I've found that health just works better...

19 hours ago, [DE]Taylor said:

Eidolons as we know them now are damaged from the Old War and search the Landscape for their missing parts, replacing them with whatever they can find. 

Old war... Those sentinels in Lua are also from the 'Old war' right? Why the differences in requirement to damage them? (Operator' beam vs Frame'weapon)

38 minutes ago, low1991 said:

Old war... Those sentinels in Lua are also from the 'Old war' right? Why the differences in requirement to damage them? (Operator' beam vs Frame'weapon)

Could be differences in their lineage. The Shards of Hunhow are on Lua so far and seem to offer quickly adapting armor and defenses as their main trait, while perhaps the Eidolon is a different main Sentient who only operated underneath Hunhow and wasn't a shard of him or child like Natah.

1 minute ago, Urlan said:

Could be differences in their lineage. The Shards of Hunhow are on Lua so far and seem to offer quickly adapting armor and defenses as their main trait, while perhaps the Eidolon is a different main Sentient who only operated underneath Hunhow and wasn't a shard of him or child like Natah.

I dont lore... One thing for sure is both Lua sentinel & Eidolon are grouped as 'Sentinel'. I understand the differences in armors/shield/weapon/etc. But a major differences in how they receive damage?! It's like totally different species. 

12 hours ago, ZoneDymo said:

I have but one nitpicky bit of criticism, why does the new frame's name AGAIN end on an A....
Can we pls stop that for a while and maybe even change the new one's name?

Chroma, Gara, Nova, Ivara, Titania, Mesa, Nezha.... enough already.

You miss out one... Octavia.

The bounty reward rework will be a very welcome change. I've been running bounty five pretty frequently but I still haven't gotten a single Breath of the Eidolon - I mostly get wisps, traces, and kuva, which are all trash since you could get more of those in much less time doing other missions. 

Digital Extremes I greatly appreciate your game. More than any other, EVER. O hope one day I can produce something that repays even if only a fraction of how much I love it. Like a really @(*()$ good fanart that can speak highly for the game, or something else that makes people curious and decide to try it... You guys also probably provie the most answer to feedback I've ever seen, you actually do the stuff the community wants.

I just want to voice this one single time a concern.

Exalted Whip.

The success and excitement of the plains may have muffled some of the more criticized game breaking mechanics that was going on untill the update droped.

Whips whipe out the fun of a match, I quit doing Pubs on anything else on the game but PoE because of whips. It only takes one random frame with a whip, maiming strike, and a few mods to turn a team stroll into one frustrating experience. As a result to all the feedback on this, you're gonna introduce an exalted whip?

My idea for the rework of bounties: we get only one reward at the end of the bountie, but (depending of RNG) if the final reward is common tier, each player can choose 1 of the 5 options, and if the reward is uncommon the players can choose 1 of the 3 posible options. Of course the rare reward is only one. A system similar to the cracking of relics.

Archived