Jade Shadows: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Mining for the rare gems is ridiculous

Skaleek

First of all, the rare gems only drop off the rare nodes, so you have a small % chance to get a drop off a small % chance of a node to spawn. I tried to farm sentrium for 2 hours and got zero. There's something very wrong with the mining rates you've set up DE, not that im surprised as it seems to be very par for the course in this update.

Rare gems only drop with the third tier laser. They can drop from any gem node, the blue ones, but not from metal nodes, the red ones. 

There are a lot of mining nodes close to eachother if you know where to look, making mining for gems very easy. It only took about two or three hours of mining to get enough Sentirum for 6 Magus Vigor. 

You have to know where to mine and actually work at it if you want it reliably get the appropriately RARE gems. 

I'm in the same boat!  Building and re-building arcanes takes a lot of sentrium and nyth and these can be very tedious to farm.  I understand having long term goals, but when you can run around the plains with Volt like a madman for 30mins using 3rd tier laser and still not get enough rare gems to build one arcane (and you need TEN of EACH of them), something feels a bit off.  Having a resource booster on seems like a requirement in order to get anywhere at all (common theme with PoE farming!). 

This is real! I've farm alot of things in warframe, almost 5 years now - mining sentirum and nyte are the worst! proabalby next to the grind fest Brakk back in og warframe... 

The rate is so low and most of the arcanes need alot of em and refined too! this is a huge bottle neck next to breath of eidolon. DE please up the rates even by just a bit! 

now that they increase the amount in exchange i think i am good for like a 3 to 4  days worth of gem in my bag. 

Edited by kaz3n

Ok you're after it for the Arcanes. Thats probably why I haven't noticed. 

I stopped caring about the Arcanes within like 20min of PoE going live. Mostly because the Osteron/Quill standing which pretty much left me in a place where I wasn't going to bother with the Zaw (err Xaw?) until I maxed my standing. By Proxy I have no use for the arcanes. Similarly but slightly maybe worse with the Quils since their grind is even more grindy and between the issues surrounding finding Eidolon groups and the whole kill Eidolons to kill Eidolons faster loop. I kinda abandoned them until things change. 

Was farming nyth for a whole day cycle with nezha with all the speed mods. I know where the mining clusters are on the map. I have booster. I got 2 nith. I need 30.

This feels as bad if not worse than Breath of Eidolon farming. No way in hell I'mma farm 200 of those #@*&$@s for zaw arcanes, not with how bad they currently are.

Fishing is at least more interactive (and waaaaay easier to farm resources you're after). Minig is just a chore. It takes so much time and it's so unrewarding. For 30 minutes of fishing I got 17 glappids without boosters. For 40 minutes of mining I just got 2 nyth and 4 sentirium. And all the arcane sets I'm after require nyth ==  

Agree with the OP entirely. This is one of the dreariest farms in the game, and most other farms at least involve a bit more for the player to actually do besides cursing the stupidly fast enemy respawns, their hive mind and infinite aggro range.
Back when I needed Prime parts for a syndicate I was at least getting resources, shooting stuff and playing the ruddy game.  

I've never seen any consistency with the rarer blue ore veins spawning in certain locations, a chance at more veins in a given area doesn't mean it's actually going to have any veins at all or that there's going to be a higher ratio of rare veins. Half of the times I've gotten Sentirum it's been right outside the Cetus gates, making it much more efficient to reload that area repeatedly and stressing Hek out of the servers.  

Mining is a very nice idea but gating any sort of progress behind such a limited pursuit is not.   

Nyth should drop from the red veins, and then sentrium should take the place of the drop rate of both nyth and sentrium on the blue veins. Even that might still be a little too low. I shouldnt be able to farm for 2 hours with no sentrium to show for it.

Edited by Skaleek

11 minutes ago, Mr.Holyroller said:

You must be really unlucky or not mining efficiently because in an hour of mining I get at least 10 nyth and 10 sentrium

'Consistently get' or 'have gotten'? This is a very common complaint. Outliers are just that; statistical flukes. They don't mean there isn't a problem. 

Gems should drop from Grineer camps an Vaults.

I mean...what are the Grineer there for? Surely they'd have some of this stuff.

Do you know why people like Smithing in Skyrim and hate it here?

Because in Skyrim you could just play the game, and be rewarded. You could mine, do quests, explore...all were valid methods for obtaining stuff you needed.

But in Warframe we have to mine. 

First, we HAD to Sharkwing. 

Then we HAD to Operator.

Now we HAVE to mine and fish.

Just stop. Stop forcing every mode and mini game on every player. It just builds resentment. Retool rewards so we can just  "go play" instead of spreadsheet tracking where to get what.

1 hour ago, Mr.Holyroller said:

Consistently. Takes me about 20 minutes to hit every cave on the map and nodes along the way.

Odd. Ordinarily this would be something I would say, since I'm not exactly new to the game or dealing with its flaws peculiarities.  
Right now I've just quit out after three runs yielded nothing but garbage and I got sick of the 9 000 enemies that spawned in my face and the 27 000 enemies that replaced them after the standard 0.12 second respawn timer. 
Half of them ignored my invisibility, coincidentally, something I've posted about elsewhere.   

Maybe I just need a break from the Plains.
However, I think the point stands that having a gating mechanic be so mindlessly random while it excludes us from virtually all other aspects of gameplay could do with some tweaking. 

2 minutes ago, Wiergate said:

Odd. Ordinarily this would be something I would say, since I'm not exactly new to the game or dealing with its flaws peculiarities.  
Right now I've just quit out after three runs yielded nothing but garbage and I got sick of the 9 000 enemies that spawned in my face and the 27 000 enemies that replaced them after the standard 0.12 second respawn timer. 
Half of them ignored my invisibility, coincidentally, something I've posted about elsewhere.   

Maybe I just need a break from the Plains.
However, I think the point stands that having a gating mechanic be so mindlessly random while it excludes us from virtually all other aspects of gameplay could do with some tweaking. 

Yeah, it would be nice if mining was a bit more reliable and not so boring. I am kinda bored of running around the map drawing akward circles with an invis frame

Edited by Mr.Holyroller
Typo

The entire mining system needs work.  Spawns dotted all over the map that can give anything is fine but there need to be hot spots you can more reliably find certain materials.

Also most of the Grineer camps appear to be mining facilities so why not have ore and uncut gems in their loot?

Just now, Ohforf3 said:

The entire mining system needs work.  Spawns dotted all over the map that can give anything is fine but there need to be hot spots you can more reliably find certain materials.

Also most of the Grineer camps appear to be mining facilities so why not have ore and uncut gems in their loot?

I feel like instead of getting more grokdrul (which I have thousands of now) from those special vault defences, we should get at least the more basic gems.