Jade Shadows: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Tips on Eidolon Loadouts?

NymphWeed

Being doin some Eidolon Hunting and people tell me that my weapons are weak, i can admit my poor Vulkar Wraith is like a mosquito bite on the Teralyst so they are not wrong.

So i was wondering if i could get some tips on good snipers i should get and mod setup, i know that crit and crit damage + Radiation damage are the ways to go but my Vulkar can only reach 50% crit, wich makes me sad :P

Just want some good tips so other players dsnt have to suffer from one scrub on the team, even tho i usually go with Harrow or Trinity Prime during the hunts.

17 minutes ago, PraxDev said:

Bro dam 50% you need help xD Try an tigris prime with a 100% status build that has radiation and viral build. then get a chroma for the damage message me in game if you need help with the 100% status build

Here is my tigris build
https://imgur.com/a/I1PyH

The Teralyst is immune to status.  That might not be the best option.

18 minutes ago, PraxDev said:

Bro dam 50% you need help xD Try an tigris prime with a 100% status build that has radiation and viral build.

Bad choice. Eidolons are imune to Status effects and being Robotic/Alloy Armored, the Slash damage from the Tigris is not going to do scratch on him.

I recommend you using snipers, Rubico since Impact is efficient against Robotics, add Radiation element for extra damage and Lanka you can build it Full Elemental and do massive damage.

If you're not dps, then you shouldn't need to worry about getting damage.

-If you're trin, just keep lures alive, don't have to go crazy and spam bless every second. Just keep an eye on both lures.

-If you're harrow, only thing you have to do is use your 4th just before he does his magnetic aoes for the first 3 limbs then do it again before final part so chroma gets the juicy red crits

- if you're wanting to be dps. try ice chroma for tank-iness, max strength with around 40sec duration to his third abilty. I use cerata to damage myself. with both toxin mods/ powerthrow/ the mod that gives -4 bounce and whirlwind. think it maxes at 523% for me

I personally love the buzlok for damage versus single target.  Mod for radiation, all damage mods, vital sense, speed (I use the +90%), and that new mod vigilant armaments nice.  Riven if have one (I do).  

Don't need + crit since once you use alt fire for aim lock, get 65% crit chance and with speed mod, your ammo empties like crazy.  May have to get a little close for alt fire due to heavy Cal but it's a big target.  Then you can fire in opposite direction and entire clip hits.  

Takes out arm/leg in about 1 sec as chroma.  

Its different and fun.  No regrets with 7 forma (my riven required an extra but is amazing).  If I did t have riven, I'd add extra crit chance for red crits.  

Edited by Educated_Beast

One thing i forgot to ask about, when i last posted: Is there any crit cap or anything i need to hit on a weapon in order to be able to scratch the eidolon a bit? (rolling with Trinity and Oberon atm) and im rolling with the sniper Rubico. its not for making damage, its more for just helping out alittle bit :)

31 minutes ago, NymphWeed said:

One thing i forgot to ask about, when i last posted: Is there any crit cap or anything i need to hit on a weapon in order to be able to scratch the eidolon a bit? (rolling with Trinity and Oberon atm) and im rolling with the sniper Rubico. its not for making damage, its more for just helping out alittle bit :)

If your playing the healer role, your job is to keep the lures alive, not cause damage.  

When I play chroma, I prefer no one else does damage in case I need to wait to kill (due to lure being destroyed and not killing to fast and it teleports).  

Best squad I've run with (killed 5 in one night cycle) is:

1. Bless Trinity (collects lures and keeps alive)

2. Harrow (presses #4 when take off an arm or leg so no one needs to retreat)

3. Ice Chroma for Vex armor for massive weapon damage when shields down (I can literally take off an arm in less than 1 second)

4. This is optional but a rhino for buff good.  Another really good buff is augment for oberons #1 that adds radiation damage.  This allows being a buff and secondary lure healer but difficult to aim #1 and rhino much easier to buff.  Dont really even need a #4 if have good chroma and good amps on team. 

Then make sure you have archwing charges (need to find the beast ASAP).  I also use Itzal because #3 ability picks up loot fast at end.  Pop an energy pizza and spam it like crazy until have the flawless.  

Mod weapons for radiation damage.  

A good amp helps take down shields, I forget name but can be very effective with #2 in 1st tier, then #1 and #3 in second tier.  Don't need to advance that far in quills to be effective.  Even here, I'd prefer Trinity keep lures alive than trickle down shields.  

I don't think shield disruption works anymore but having loot detector on in aura slot helps as well.  

Happy hunting

EDIT:. I prefer zenurik for operator since I play max damage chroma and need energy for Vex armor, but it is very nice when someone on team has verazin for fast revivals.  Trinity fills that niche nicely.

Edited by Educated_Beast

29 minutes ago, Educated_Beast said:

1. Bless Trinity (collects lures and keeps alive)

2. Harrow (presses #4 when take off an arm or leg so no one needs to retreat)

3. Ice Chroma for Vex armor for massive weapon damage when shields down (I can literally take off an arm in less than 1 second)

4. This is optional but a rhino for buff good.  Another really good buff is augment for oberons #1 that adds radiation damage.  This allows being a buff and secondary lure healer but difficult to aim #1 and rhino much easier to buff.  Dont really even need this frame if have good chroma on team. 

Do the Eid's shots do explosive damage?  Wondering if I can find some reason to run a Zeph (max range turbulence) to shield people/lures.

Also, what would you do with 430% heat weapon damage?

Have you ever run a speed/slow nova to rush the little guys to you for constant killing?  Done any weird things?

All I hear about is Rhino/chroma/trin/harrow, so curious what else people are doing and trying.

I am from console and we just got POE today yay 

Knell being a snipe pistol is great bc u can use diverse rifles or shotguns without worrying about long range

Mag is support here too with her polarize; those magnetic procs or any sudden shield strips can be quickly mitigated by her

Also as a self heal for since she’s squishy. Learn to roll instead of bullet, wiki says rolls lessen damage taken 75%. Rolling also heals shields unlike bullet jumps

Skillup says you have to go through the Eidolons’ shield before you can pierce through.

Mag removes armor in theory but I have no way to test if she is indeed stripping the beast of armor. (The support aspect of shielding you can see numbers)

Polarize is overall doing great with grineer here too. Watch out if they are already armor stripped (red health), just gun or melee them down 

Magnetize when there are heavy gunners, groups or opportunities for blocking encampments. 

Edit: operator breaks Eidolon shields 

Edited by (PS4)Chel-El