Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Opinion on the new "generation" of warframe players?

blueboy90780

5 minutes ago, SPARTAN-187.Thanatos said:

Some of the previous Conclave Events were fine though, and if there is an influx of naturally competitive players, they could see for themselves how Conclave works and choose to try it or not.

Sure there are issues with it, but if these new players are coming from PvP, they may even prefer the mode to PvE as it can be a challenge and something that players may enjoy.

Oh don't get me wrong I'm quite the competitive player. I play ARMA3, Planet side 2, GunZ, Battlefield and tons of others over 17 years of the internet boom of online play but conclave just rubs me wrong because it is P2P and easily abused. (Kind of why PS2 irks me as it is easily tweaked by modders)

A lot of the time I actually hold back on missions just so I'm not a one woman wrecking crew (Not that some mind my gunboat build for Titania on higher level PoE stuff or fighting the sentient)

This community is great until you start stepping on someone's exclusivity or play style, then things get downright nasty.

Both sides of the coin are questionable.  The more people we get, the worse the community will get, as sour behavior tends to spread like an infection.  The open world aspect has piqued the interest of many MMO hunters in a market that's starving for the next WoW killer (Warframe ain't even trying to, but what ever.)  I wouldn't call any of the online open world communities "great" by any stretch of the imagination.  They tend to be goal oriented players, and I can't say goal oriented players are a very amiable lot, and Warframe's got plenty enough of them as is.

1 hour ago, SpoonyBrad said:

You know you simultaneously admitted that MR is a bad measure and argued that it's the best measure of skill available. Could there be better ones, sure.

By definition, a grandmaster founder isn't a new player; they may be rusty if they haven't touched the game in a while, but new? Not so much.

I didn't state that it's the best measure of skill available, I specifically bolded the wording "only source of measure" in my message. It doesn't matter how bad a judgement is, if it is the only method that can actually be used by other players then it will be continuously used.

54 minutes ago, Littleman88 said:

This community is great until you start stepping on someone's exclusivity or play style, then things get downright nasty.

Both sides of the coin are questionable.  The more people we get, the worse the community will get, as sour behavior tends to spread like an infection.  The open world aspect has piqued the interest of many MMO hunters in a market that's starving for the next WoW killer (Warframe ain't even trying to, but what ever.)  I wouldn't call any of the online open world communities "great" by any stretch of the imagination.  They tend to be goal oriented players, and I can't say goal oriented players are a very amiable lot, and Warframe's got plenty enough of them as is.

I agree with your statement, but the point I'm trying to make in this post is not about the toxic community in general. It's about the noticeable increase in toxic players from new players ever since the launch of PoE.

Edited by blueboy90780

1 hour ago, Podge said:

i honestly dont have much experience with the latest influx of new players, but with all the previous bunches, they were usually pretty cool. there's always a few who are a pain in the butt to deal with but for the most part people who have just joined the game and don't know what they're doing seem to try not to piss off the people who could teach them.

and yes, there are people who just dont learn well, and make the same mistake over and over again, and there are people who ask dumb questions that have been answered before, and there are people who are seemingly incapable of looking at the wiki or doing research, but the majority of new players that i've met seem to be pretty chill. the only issue is that it's the annoying ones that happen to be the loudest.

also, i dont think that mastery rank is a good way to judge how new a player is. it took me almost a year to reach MR 5, but one of my friends who i introduced to the game hit MR 22 in about a month and was figuring out endgame builds within a week or so of playing.

I had a feeling one or two will bring up the topic of judging mastery rank when I first posted this thread. I get your point, but how else are we supposed to judge a player? There are a lot of people saying that it's unreliable to judge it - but no one is actually giving any method to judge a player without having to go full inspection/get-to-know-you atmosphere on that specific player. In my opinion, it's unreliable but it quick - it shows experience and there will still be high mastery rank who does not know the basics of this game. However, there's a clear trend, looking at it from the whole picture, the higher the mastery rank - the more numbers of players there are to be clear veterans. Notice how I mentioned the word "number" in that statement.... This means that if we take every member from mastery rank 10 and every member from mastery rank 15, logically speaking - there would be more people on mastery rank 15 that are actual veterans then the number of people who are in mastery rank 10. This is why it's unreliable, but it serves it still helps to make decision when hosting - unreliable or not.

8 minutes ago, blueboy90780 said:

I agree with your statement, but the point I'm trying to make in this post is not about the toxic community in general. It's about the noticeable increase in toxic players from new players ever since the launch of PoE.

Not much to talk about there. Most of us stumbled into Warframe by word of mouth or because we were actively looking for something to kill time and saw it as some sort of club house we treat like a private spa powered by bicycles. A little advertising later and it risks becoming another public toilet.

Edited by Littleman88

3 hours ago, blueboy90780 said:

I should have elaborated on that, he didn't revive the player when he was bleeding and he was right next to him. Mainly because he was surrounded by like 40+ level 80 enemies and had to gradually kill them all of before he can safely revive the guy.

He deserved to be called a noob. We all know any good player would be running rhino ;)

*complete joke (obviously)*

18 minutes ago, (PS4)N1NJ4W4RR10R_ said:

He deserved to be called a noob. We all know any good player would be running rhino ;)

*complete joke (obviously)*

I mean, a player worth their salt knows about the 5's invulnerable mode, so...
Maybe he's only worth his pepper?

Edited by VocalMagic

4 minutes ago, VocalMagic said:

I mean, a player worth their salt knows about the 5's invulnerable mode, so...
Maybe he's only worth his pepper?

nah, he was using damage frame. And besides, no one likes to play the same tanky build all the time - sometimes they go for a change, doesn't necessarily mean the guy had to go tank.

4 hours ago, blueboy90780 said:

Warframe has a friendly community, I'm daring enough to say that it is the very least to have the most friendly community in the MMO category out there. However, this state is a fragile state - it can be easily be toxicated if enough players starts doing it. Which is what happens to many game. My concern lies on the basis that these new "generation" (as I like to call it) of warframe players does not entirely comply or at the very least be able to distinguish this key feature in the game. I don't know about you guys, but a lot of the new players that I have met so far are extremely rude and yet immature, they look down on their seniors and get angried when they do not get revived throughout the game. I mean, hell, I've seen a MR4 calling a MR24 a "noob" just because he did not help him, when that MR24 was the one carrying our whole team to victory. There were also other scenarios in which the new players shows no sense of respect whatsoever to other players.

I've talked to several of these new warframes and found out they came from popular MMO, such as Dota and LoL... I'm not going to elaborate any further on this in fear that I may get banned for something that I'm unaware of or of something unreasonable. But this is simply what I wanted to talk about, what are your experience with these new players so far and how do you find them?

I don't know where you getting that this community is any better then any other out there. 

Warframe community is as average as any other community out there, specialy when comparing it to the MMO side of things. I also want to make a slight correction, this is NOT a MMO, we do have a big following playing the game but the game works on the grounds of a co-op multiplayer third person shooter, a hub  doesn't make it a MMO in case people think this is any relevant of a argument. 

You are bound to find mostly immature and stupid kids in games like warframe (new or old) that would do anything to be as toxic as they can be, some would go all out racist and xenophobic at you if you let em, in my personal expirience these are actualy minor if you consider those that keep hating on you just because you play something different from the meta, people who dictate what you should or shouldn't play without even giving you a small hint of logical argument other then the gear you playing with is S#&$ and don't even get me started in the White Knights.

By the end of the day... the warframe community is S#&$, but this is not a bad thing either considering that all other communities are S#&$ just as much, some worse then others granted, we just need to make sure we keep a modcium of cooperation because...you know..co-op game, to make it worth while. 

And be glad we don't have a @(*()$ kick option in matches or you would see hell up close. 

Yeah I'm talking to you Payday community, wankers... 
:heart:

Edited by Henji

5 minutes ago, blueboy90780 said:

nah, he was using damage frame. And besides, no one likes to play the same tanky build all the time - sometimes they go for a change, doesn't necessarily mean the guy had to go tank.

What I'm saying is, no matter what frame you've got, if you've beaten The War Within, you've got spoiler mode that is invisible and invulnerable for at least 30 seconds at once. If you don't try to spam spoiler dash, anyway.

Every player will eventually have access to super easy revive mode, and you said dude was (probably) that far along, and right next to the guy

Edited by VocalMagic

All my squads so far have been good so far. From vets to the new generation, some of them aren't that good yet but they are learning and are nice people.

On the contrary there was a MR20 in my squad trying to convince them that Maim Equinox was the only way to play Equinox, on the next sortie he brought his 'Nuke bomb Equinox' to prove his point, and abandoned mission because Eximus Stronghold.

although quantity of spy sorties fails rise lately considerably, yesterday I was told "ez, thk u Limbo" for last MD sortie mission

and I don't understand your concern of players migrating from LOL or DOTA, as, rather casual, player of LOL I understand where toxicity coming from - MOBA games you cant win solo, and when you lose because of incompetent teammates it's very frustrating

you don't have such problem with Warframe, it's PVE game and most mission you can easily do solo, but it's more rewarding to do in team, and more fun

6 hours ago, blueboy90780 said:

snoop

After seeing a number of different media franchise-based communities, I can confidently state that the more massive and accessible they are, the more their median representatives are rude, immature, turbulent, and often inadequate (LoL, DOtA, etc.) And vice-versa - the more niche and tight-knit they are, the more mature and pleasant their average participant is (Fallen London)

Yes, this makes me sound like an elitist scum, but, sadly, this is the conclusion I came to empirically. 

Edited by Teloch

6 hours ago, dEjAvU5566 said:

How do you judge so called new player? Mastery rank?

Maybe that rank 4 dude is a grandmaster founder 

Just saying.

Who said that there are no grandmaster founders who are noobs?

(I've invited to my clan a MR2 Founder. Kicked eventually because of the inactivity, which is not much of a wonder)

Honestly .. Who cares? Why concern yourself with such things?

Everyone plays this game to have fun in their own ways. Some like to grind, some don't. Some like PvE, some like PvP. Some like endless missions, some don't. Some like the gunplay and weapons, some like ability spam. The small amount of cooperation required in this game is so fleeting. Your average interaction with any given player is going to be a few minutes to maybe 20-30, unless you're running something endless. Why invest such emotional analysis into things such as a "generation" of players in a game? Play the game, have fun, and just don't be a jerk. That's all.

Edited by WhiteCr0w

7 hours ago, blueboy90780 said:

If you have looked at the steam chart on warframe recently, you'd know that warframe player base has been booming recently. The total playtime has reached it's peak ever since the release of Plains Of Eidolon. A lot of old veterans are coming back and I'm no exception - and I'm glad to say that, the new state of this game has returned my the hype I felt during my first year of warframe, really brings back the nostalgia. However, with the new update - the main contributors to the high playerbase are the new players that have been coming into warframe lately. And you can noticeably distinguish these players throughout the game, it's because of this group that has made me concerned for this game. This, ladies and gentlemen, is what I wish to discuss about today.

Warframe has a friendly community, I'm daring enough to say that it is the very least to have the most friendly community in the MMO category out there. However, this state is a fragile state - it can be easily be toxicated if enough players starts doing it. Which is what happens to many game. My concern lies on the basis that these new "generation" (as I like to call it) of warframe players does not entirely comply or at the very least be able to distinguish this key feature in the game. I don't know about you guys, but a lot of the new players that I have met so far are extremely rude and yet immature, they look down on their seniors and get angried when they do not get revived throughout the game. I mean, hell, I've seen a MR4 calling a MR24 a "noob" just because he did not help him, when that MR24 was the one carrying our whole team to victory. There were also other scenarios in which the new players shows no sense of respect whatsoever to other players.

I've talked to several of these new warframes and found out they came from popular MMO, such as Dota and LoL... I'm not going to elaborate any further on this in fear that I may get banned for something that I'm unaware of or of something unreasonable. But this is simply what I wanted to talk about, what are your experience with these new players so far and how do you find them?

As a " new player ". I registered back in 2014. But life took over, and have only recently been back in the game, coming up two months i think. But with all due respect, you've made a hell of a lot of assumptions about new players. Almost to the point you sound elitist. Yes unfortunately the toxic gamer thing seems to be a growing epidemic, But that doesn't come from certain MMO's or Console players. This is a trend that has been building for years, sadly. Yes a few % of new players will be toxic, but don't assume all are. Also you seem to be forgetting the other side of the fence here, there are plenty of so called Veterans that think themselves above others, think that the MR24 or so makes them great.  This argument goes both way. You're afraid of new players, becoming toxic, but new players have to worry about being singled out and not getting into groups or clans because they're not up to standard, which only can happen when surrounded by a " good community " I have been gaming for over 30 years. Don't assume just because I'm a  " Newb " that I'm immature or lacking. And just an FYI, but all genres of games have their Toxic players so targeting specific games is not nice.  That asside, welcome back to the game, and I hope you find what you're looking for to stay :).

I've always found people like that. 

My very first mission (right after WF went public) I had a couple of guys making fun of me because I had trouble with how the old wall running system worked.

You'll always get those that just want to rip on others to stroke their own ego.

I have found no difference between now and "back then" 

4 minutes ago, Dasmir said:

they are doom, they will never catch up the vet with the insane amount of farming and rare mods,

Sired one newbie who started 150 or so days ago. Now he's MR22 with a decent amount of plat and that habit common to the old fart vets to rant about the state of the game.

I don't really have a problem with most of the "new" players. Sure they get angry at people for not doing things (like reviving) that seem like common sense to them, but they don't understand yet that somethings just don't make sense given the circumstances. Seeing the massive MR disparity probably makes them think the MR24 is invincible; whereas the MR24 knows he will probably get one shot if he attempts to revive the MR4 who will likely die again in 30 seconds. 

I actually find some of the MR10-MR13 players more annoying, because I have often found that some of them just ignore revives even against lvl 20 enemies.

And trolling is bound to happen in any game. I don't think adding a vote kick mechanic will help simply because if anyone can use it then people will troll with it and kick people right before the mission ends to keep them from getting rewards. It happens in every game I have ever played with the vote to kick mechanic.