The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Warframe needs challenging content.

Onyx_Warframe

I've been playing Warframe on and off for the past year or so, and my main problem with the game is the fact that there's no challenging content i can test my setup agaisnt. It just feels like an endless grind with no end goal (except maybe getting all the items). The thing i loved in the past was endless missions since they gave awesome rewards and were a reason to get stronger but now they don't profit nearly as much. What i would love is something to challenge my warframe and be rewarding at the same time so i have a reason to get stronger because right now, it feels like you can do everything in the game with minimal investment.

So your rant is thaf you want challenging content with prizes in the end. You should add that to the title because what you wrote right there is misleading.

Why not just start over or give challenges to yourself. Or maybe take another break or try pvp or something. You're asking WF to be something it isn't because once they bring something "challenging" we'll have ppl either cheese it or whine how hard it is.

I think that's what Eidolons are supposed to accomplish. The fight itself isn't particularly difficult, but it is technical enough that it demands good team coordination to achieve the best outcome. I'm not necessarily saying it's challenging, but I think that's the intent. For obvious reasons, the first Eidolon introduced needs to not be super difficult. It's tied into a critical system for what DE wants to become the endgame. 1 But future ones don't have to be as approachable. They can get as crazy and difficult as DE wants them to be. I'm hoping the flying one is harder, and the Sentient Outpost becomes a full-on endgame zone.

1 To elaborate, according to Scott in Devstream #100, Eidolons are going to replace Trials as endgame. A good move, in my opinion, since Trials are always the same but Eidolons are in an open environment that allows for unplanned occurrences. Plus, having an entire objective that is just one long, technical, multi-stage boss fight is pretty neat.

Just now, (PS4)LordZezrel said:

i think what he is saying is he wants a challenge from the get go, not a 2 hour boring grind fest that leads to slightly less boring enemies

He stated he loved endless in the past but now they don't profit as much.  I suggested a way for him to still get rewards.

7 minutes ago, Onyx_Warframe said:
  • @(PS4)thowed endless axi fissures are actually less rewarding then just running multiple ones since loot doesnt scale with enemy level...

Every 5th relic you open awards you a pre-upgraded relic of increasing quality. The 15th, and every 5th relic after, grant a free Radiant relic in addition to normal rotation rewards and 2x all boosters. That's about 15% more profit in relics, with the added benefit of saving your traces. Not much reason to do it unless there's a new PA, though.

This is why thowed suggested staying for 2 hrs. Not just ramping enemy levels.

Edited by (PS4)BlitzKeir

Just now, Onyx_Warframe said:
  • @(PS4)thowed endless axi fissures are actually less rewarding then just running multiple ones since loot doesnt scale with enemy level...

It never did before. You get the same reward from rotation C at 20 minutes as you do at 120, level 20 enemy drops the exact same reward as level 120 enemy does.

So endless AXI fissures aren't any diferent whatsoever from any other endless mission prior or since.

Just now, WindigoTP said:

It never did before. You get the same reward from rotation C at 20 minutes as you do at 120, level 20 enemy drops the exact same reward as level 120 enemy does.

So endless AXI fissures aren't any diferent whatsoever from any other endless mission prior or since.

Ehh, yes and no. It's true that staying in the mission didn't give you anything special outside of the rotation. But key farming sucked, so people would usually stay in one T3/4 endless as long as they could survive to maximize the rewards earned on each key. Triton got pretty old, lemme tell ya. Especially with that awful key rerolling bug that went unpatched on consoles for over a year... At one point, I went a full month of key farming without getting a single T3 ext. Every single one rerolled into defense or MD.

Tbh in my case it dosnt even need to be both challenging and rewarding. just challenging. If its able to get my blood boiling, drive me in a corner not because of some scaling BS 1 hit delete level 999, Just getting my adrenaline running is enough. like the good old bosses in other video games that makes the air around you chill making you feel like you're having a cold sweat the closer you are to beating him. everything is oh so quiet and you hear your Heart Beating and Racing, a fight that makes you feel exhausted the moment its over despite all you've been doing is sitting on your chair mashing buttons.

Edited by Chitanda.Eru

Just now, Chitanda.Eru said:

Tbh in my case it dosnt even need to be both challenging and rewarding. just challenging. If its able to get my blood boiling, drive me in a corner not because of some scaling BS 1 hit delete level 999, Just getting my adrenaline running is enough. like the good old bosses that makes the air around you chill making you feel like you're having a cold sweat the closer you are to beating him. everything is oh so quiet and you hear your Heart Beating and Racing, a fight that makes you feel exhausted the moment its over despite all you've been doing is sitting on your chair mashing buttons.

exactly, but unique reward at the end doesn't hurt XD, just wanna feel like the hours spent on optomization werent a waste.

2 minutes ago, Chitanda.Eru said:

Tbh in my case it dosnt even need to be both challenging and rewarding. just challenging. If its able to get my blood boiling, drive me in a corner not because of some scaling BS 1 hit delete level 999, Just getting my adrenaline running is enough. like the good old bosses in other video games that makes the air around you chill making you feel like you're having a cold sweat the closer you are to beating him. everything is oh so quiet and you hear your Heart Beating and Racing, a fight that makes you feel exhausted the moment its over despite all you've been doing is sitting on your chair mashing buttons.

But that's not what Warframe is, Warframe is pretty much you play an overpowered space magic ninja just murdering in tons of ways. The game is also ftp so it has to appeal to casual first.

16 hours ago, (PS4)GbHaseo said:

But that's not what Warframe is, Warframe is pretty much you play an overpowered space magic ninja just murdering in tons of ways. The game is also ftp so it has to appeal to casual first.

well obviously this isnt the type of content that rookies will encounter right after Vor's Prize Quest duh.

9 minutes ago, Chitanda.Eru said:

well obviously this isnt the type of content that rookies will encounter right after Vor's Prize Quest duh.

Yeah, but most ppl don't play that, it's a waste of resources. Look at Trials, 3% play that, that's it. Destiny, the hard content is played by less than 20%. From a development standpoint as well, considering how limitless Warframe is, with movement, powers, etc making challenging content is an undertaking. There's reasons most games limit what you can do. 

I don´t think there is ever gonna be challenging content in the game, player progression is broken, once you start formaing you´re not becoming strong you´re only removing difficulty from the game, its pretty clear that for the gamers this is a looting game, so a great deal of players will be inclined to the meta. There is a balance to be found, but I think it has prove very difficult to attain.

49 minutes ago, Onyx_Warframe said:

its a big issue this game has and eidolon, while fun, do not fix this since alot players, including myself, play primarly melee and those can't be killed with melee.

This would be a good point to make to DE. They plan to make more Eidolons, starting with a new flying one. There could easily be an Eidolon that allows--or even requires--you to fight it with melee.

Personally, I don't like the way melee manifests in WF. The sheer speeds achievable with mods alone make it so unbalanced, and some of the commands (guard, parry, etc.) look and feel gross. An Eidolon that hinges on melee would be a good opportunity to clean some of these things up.

Unrelated: why do staves and polearms not have a unique slide attack that twirls the weapon over your head until melee input is released or your slide ends?

28 minutes ago, dEjAvU5566 said:

Every challenge in WF can be cheesed out, those can't be cheesed, majority wont play it.

As for me, Iplay WF for cheese, not for challenge.

If I want challenge, I will go play minesweeper instead.

You should play this instead.

uGnp6ll8bvTzwmjiKJTfQyKUFB31QVHDwqcDQXYr