Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

320,000 Cr Down the Drain

PhotriusPyrelus

So I was cruising along in Glast's Gambit, enjoying the interesting novelty of the new game mode.  Then I got to the one that requires a margin of victory no greater than 10.  This is obnoxious.  If I try to collect all the points so they don't get them, I can't turn in if they do score.  If I try to score a few and hold the enemy from scoring, I make one mistake at the end, GG, there goes the bank with no opportunity to score.  I can't get players instead of brainless specters to help split the burden and manage the points effectively because no one's queuing for it, and I'm not sure I'd trust other players anyway.  The best part, though, is that it costs me 160K credits (which I realize is pocket lint for some of you, but I rarely have over 200K) every time I screw up.  Seriously killed my desire to continue playing this game, just when I was getting back into it.

When i did the Glast Bambit quest i did it Solo and had no trouble even with the Specters.

I use my Zenistar to keep doing AoE near the enemy`s turn-in so they cant deliver index points.

Recently i helped a few friends do the quest together and used Octavia. Mallet is an extreme Cheezer for this quest as it doesnt fade off when you die and enemies never ignore it when moving by and just start attacking it blindly causing them to kill them self and allies. Came to a point i was killing 4 per second as enemies would respawn within the Mallet`s area.

I guess my point is this game has basically no cost of failure for any other part of the game.  They train you to not really care about losing in a material sense (I still hate losing, but you can't win 'em all, hasselhoff).  Then suddenly "Oh yeah, and losing is going to cost you half your bank, have "fun".".

2 minutes ago, PhotriusPyrelus said:

I guess my point is this game has basically no cost of failure for any other part of the game.  They train you to not really care about losing in a material sense (I still hate losing, but you can't win 'em all, hasselhoff).  Then suddenly "Oh yeah, and losing is going to cost you half your bank, have "fun".".

Dont lose?

You said you made one mistake - that is all it takes to fail. You can do many things to prevent the enemies from scoring. But your one mistake still would make you fail.

How I did it:

• Got to 5 points.
  • Killed enemies.
  • Let the enemies get a few points.
  • Got more points till 5 ahead.
  • Repeat until the end.

It is easy, no preventing the enemy scoring. No panic. Just slowly playing the mission. 

I did it with the spectres, they were useful - the enemies could kill them for points.

Well, it doesn't make sense at all that you loose your credits when you won with too many points. Sure, Nef Anyo wont continue the game, but you still won and should take the bank. But since the quest can't end at that point we have to assume all that never happened and you should have a balance of 0, because in no alternate realitiy did Neffy win. Balance should be 0 in that case, it's punishment enough to have to play that boring mission again (and again and again and again, because even if you do it, there's plenty more Index in that quest).

17 hours ago, W3zeer said:

Well, it doesn't make sense at all that you loose your credits when you won with too many points. Sure, Nef Anyo wont continue the game, but you still won and should take the bank. But since the quest can't end at that point we have to assume all that never happened and you should have a balance of 0, because in no alternate realitiy did Neffy win. Balance should be 0 in that case, it's punishment enough to have to play that boring mission again (and again and again and again, because even if you do it, there's plenty more Index in that quest).

But Nef does not need to win.

You paid your credits as a bet. In real gambling, you pay the money upfront and hope to get a prize. Your credits are with him when you start.

You then did too well. Nef backs out and keeps (steals) your credits (because he had them anyway, not you).

Am 10.11.2017 um 05:17 schrieb krc473:

But Nef does not need to win.

You paid your credits as a bet. In real gambling, you pay the money upfront and hope to get a prize. Your credits are with him when you start.

You then did too well. Nef backs out and keeps (steals) your credits (because he had them anyway, not you).

I want  an option to sue him then! Spacemom, I need the number of a space-lawyer!

If you have frost this quest is easy, grab a few points and bank them, just 5 or 6 should do, then camp their goal with snowglobe so the enemy can't bank any points of thier own.

Don't worry about your ai team mates they wont bank anything; but in the rare instance they do, just remove snow globe and let an enemy through. If they lead after banking the points drop another globe, and go get a few more points to bank yourself so you retain the lead, then go back to camping.

Edited by HexCaliber

On November 9, 2017 at 11:07 AM, W3zeer said:

You are trying to hussle him if he sees you to be too strong be be more curious dood.