Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

How do you defeat the, Shadow Stalker?

BethTheBean

Question

Good afternoon, Tenno.

I'm having trouble defeating the Shadow Stalker. I've gotten him down to 25% health, before his disco ball takes me out. I've tried the tips in the wiki, and insanely laughed myself into oblivion...

1. It claims you can defeat him outright, if he hits a laser trap. Favorably pointing out the defense mission in the Void. The problem? The Shadow Stalker isn't stupid. He's up my backside the whole time, and he jumps over every beam. I tried catching him in a Rhino Stomp, but he ends up too high for the laser to hit him.

2. The can't defend/adapt himself to the operator's powers. Having completing, The War Within and Gara's mission, I gained my first amp. I did absolutely no damage to him, and he rushed me every time I used them.

All suggestions from those who confronted him, will be most appreciated. I'm going mad :blush: :crylaugh: :sadcry: :crylaugh: :facepalm: 

When the Shadow Stalker does his charge attack animation, trying to shoot his modified absorb projectile, his adaptive armor will still build and his modified warframe moves can use that built-up damage to do more themselves. If you have the Mote, you can use it to clear his adaptive armor but for the modified prism, keep running around preferably in an open area to avoid the prism's full damage and open up on him using different damage types. Ideally, by the time he has fully adapted to the primary, switching to the secondary will be able to kill him before he fully adapts to it.

Personally, I always carry a fully-levelled weapon on me, just in case he decides to say 'hi thar'. When he spawns, I get to a small to medium-sized room to limit his mobility, then drop whatever pizzas I have on hand (Health, Shield, Energy). Wait until he spawns, hit a couple times with my weapons, bullet-jump away, go into operator mid-air, turn around, blast him for a second to clear resistances, back into the frame, repeat a couple times, he's dead. That's if I'm taking it semi-seriously though. Usually, my weapons are strong enough to kick him about without much fuss -just the occasional Operator-beam to clear resistances.

19 minutes ago, (Xbox One)EternalDrk Mako said:

well it depends on what frame he catches me on 

easiest is mag for me, throw 2 on him then gun him with supra v + prime shred and dead in seconds 

If someone needs to ask how to defeat the Stalker, one would think he doesn't necessarily have Primed Shred yet.

He doesn't seem to be terribly strong to fists/swords/sticks/daggers to the face.  Given how chaotic combat tends to be that's generally my approach, get right up in his gob and don't bother with angry words or pretty techniques.  

I don't do anything terribly unique, I tend to go with attack speed and range but range really isn't a factor here, and I've done it with the Obex, Lecta, Lacera, Mios, Tipedo, and probably a few other weapons.  I experiment a lot.

I've always got something that can murder him equipped because I never leave myself without a good melee option...and honestly at this point I don't even bother with defenses...but I also tend to have a combo that interferes with his ability to have a good time. 

@GrazewoundZero, if you can give us a rundown of your options I bet we could help! If not and you're really hurting for melee, I've got loads of duplicate stances that turn underused melee weapons into absolute beasts, it's not like I can use them twice or anything, right?   Feel free to give me a yell in-game or PM me here if it's still a struggle. :)

51 minutes ago, FreeWilliam said:

He doesn't seem to be terribly strong to fists/swords/sticks/daggers to the face.  Given how chaotic combat tends to be that's generally my approach, get right up in his gob and don't bother with angry words or pretty techniques.  

I don't do anything terribly unique, I tend to go with attack speed and range but range really isn't a factor here, and I've done it with the Obex, Lecta, Lacera, Mios, Tipedo, and probably a few other weapons.  I experiment a lot.

I've always got something that can murder him equipped because I never leave myself without a good melee option...and honestly at this point I don't even bother with defenses...but I also tend to have a combo that interferes with his ability to have a good time. 

@GrazewoundZero, if you can give us a rundown of your options I bet we could help! If not and you're really hurting for melee, I've got loads of duplicate stances that turn underused melee weapons into absolute beasts, it's not like I can use them twice or anything, right?   Feel free to give me a yell in-game or PM me here if it's still a struggle. :)

Ok, let's see ... um...

Rhino Prime :
1. Steel Charge (aura)
2. Power Drift (exilus)
3. Armored Agility, Steel Fiber, Vitality, Stretch, Intensify, Continuity, Streamline, & Flow.

Soma Prime : (Crit w/ Corrosive) (1 open slot)
1. Split Chamber, Serration, Point Blank, Vital Sense, Heavy Caliber, & Corrosive.

Lex Prime : ( Crit w/ Radiation) (1 open slot)
1. Hornet Strike, Barrel Diffusion, Lethal Torrent, Pistol Gambit, Target Cracker, & Radiation.

Broken War : (Fast Attack Speed, crit w/ various status)
1. Crimson Dervish (Stance)
2. Berserker, Fury, Buzz Kill, True Steel, Organ Shatter, Pressure Point, & Corrosive (though thinking about viral or magnetic).

Few of the mods are not at full rank, but are only 1-4 away from being so. Just gained my Operator's beginning amp early this morning.

Edited by GrazewoundZero
Typos. Typos everywhere.

1 hour ago, GrazewoundZero said:

Ok, let's see ... um...

Rhino Prime :
1. Steel Charge (aura)
2. Power Drift (exilus)
3. Armored Agility, Steel Fiber, Vitality, Stretch, Intensify, Continuity, Streamline, & Flow.

Soma Prime : (Crit w/ Corrosive) (1 open slot)
1. Split Chamber, Serration, Point Blank, Vital Sense, Heavy Caliber, & Corrosive.

Lex Prime : ( Crit w/ Radiation) (1 open slot)
1. Hornet Strike, Barrel Diffusion, Lethal Torrent, Pistol Gambit, Target Cracker, & Radiation.

Broken War : (Fast Attack Speed, crit w/ various status)
1. Crimson Dervish (Stance)
2. Berserker, Fury, Buzz Kill, True Steel, Organ Shatter, Pressure Point, & Corrosive (though thinking about viral or magnetic).

Few of the mods are not at full rank, but are only 1-4 away from being so. Just gained my Operator's beginning amp early this morning.

That's actually a pretty decent setup, I'm thinking you're right on the cusp. 

Since you have Rhino you should be able to survive his disco ball of doom, but it may be touch-and-go.  I wouldn't give him the chance.

I will admit that I haven't had much luck with single blades...I really wanted to like the Mire and Swooping Falcon helps, but with Shadow Stalker I think you want to take advantage of stance procs, that can add damage types outside your weapon and hit VERY hard.

I'm also remembering that the Redeemer was a pleasant surprise, but I don't remember how I had it tuned.

Do you have any of the following...

A rapier with Atlantis Vulcan

A blade and whip with Defiled Snapdragon

A dagger with Stinging thorn

There other options, but I'm pretty sure we could get you melting him with either of those three, so let's start there! :)

2 hours ago, FreeWilliam said:

That's actually a pretty decent setup, I'm thinking you're right on the cusp. 

Since you have Rhino you should be able to survive his disco ball of doom, but it may be touch-and-go.  I wouldn't give him the chance.

I will admit that I haven't had much luck with single blades...I really wanted to like the Mire and Swooping Falcon helps, but with Shadow Stalker I think you want to take advantage of stance procs, that can add damage types outside your weapon and hit VERY hard.

I'm also remembering that the Redeemer was a pleasant surprise, but I don't remember how I had it tuned.

Do you have any of the following...

A rapier with Atlantis Vulcan

A blade and whip with Defiled Snapdragon

A dagger with Stinging thorn

There other options, but I'm pretty sure we could get you melting him with either of those three, so let's start there! :)

Right off the bat, I can tell you that I don't have any of those weapon types or mods :sadcry:

23 minutes ago, GrazewoundZero said:

Right off the bat, I can tell you that I don't have any of those weapon types or mods :sadcry:

Well, you certainly wouldn't have Atlantis Vulcan for Rapiers, that's Vulpine Mask.  You'd look silly doing Nunchaku moves with a Rapier, right? ;)

I happen to have two of those, and the Endura's not too hard to make.  Unless you think a sword and whip is more up your alley?  

Hit me up in game and we'll sort you out...sounds the Shadow Stalker needs to be shown a thing or two, fellow Tenno!

Edit: Not that it wouldn't also be awesome if I could use Atlantis Vulcan with a Rapier, but if I could do that I'd also use Stinging Thorn with the Jat Kittag and I'd be spinning around with a giant rocket hammer held in my toes.

Edited by FreeWilliam

8 hours ago, FreeWilliam said:

Well, you certainly wouldn't have Atlantis Vulcan for Rapiers, that's Vulpine Mask.  You'd look silly doing Nunchaku moves with a Rapier, right? ;)

I happen to have two of those, and the Endura's not too hard to make.  Unless you think a sword and whip is more up your alley?  

Hit me up in game and we'll sort you out...sounds the Shadow Stalker needs to be shown a thing or two, fellow Tenno!

Edit: Not that it wouldn't also be awesome if I could use Atlantis Vulcan with a Rapier, but if I could do that I'd also use Stinging Thorn with the Jat Kittag and I'd be spinning around with a giant rocket hammer held in my toes.

Currently clearing Pluto, the Raptor is the only world boss I haven't punched in the face... I can pick up the craziness that you're putting down.

I had enough resources to start the Endura, Lacera, and the Ceramic Dagger in my foundry. 

Edit (3:28am EST) - I had the, Vulpine Mask mod. No idea where or how, but I'll be poking things with the Endura in a few hours.

Edited by GrazewoundZero

10 hours ago, GrazewoundZero said:

Currently clearing Pluto, the Raptor is the only world boss I haven't punched in the face... I can pick up the craziness that you're putting down.

I had enough resources to start the Endura, Lacera, and the Ceramic Dagger in my foundry. 

Edit (3:28am EST) - I had the, Vulpine Mask mod. No idea where or how, but I'll be poking things with the Endura in a few hours.

Excellent!  Got your PM too!  I just had to sleep at a reasonable hour last night (saving the world and all that).  ;)

You're probably gearing up for a fun 'In your FACE!' moment (That's what it was for me), I think running away from him and trying to keep your distance puts him at a bit of an advantage.  

Do the block/mash combo, that'll give you slash procs and do the finisher opening.  If you're Naramon and have been meleeing some before you run into him your combo counter should be hanging out at 4x around then, he won't last long. 

Since the Endura's all physical, I'd also throw in some elemental (fun fact, if you ramp up attack speed like crazy then you don't need a huge status chance.  I cheerfully put berzerker on weapons with 5% critical chance all the time and that 75% boost is always there when I need it...only fails on slow weapons with limited reach).

I tend to like to have a good element on whatever my ranged heavy-hitter is...generally not the elements I have on my melee.  That way when I run into things like Shadow Stalker and Sentients they also waste their first damage immunity... (and of course our little elevens can murder sentients, I just like to get them all focused on me in a PUG first unless I just formaed an Octavia or something) 

Good luck!

Edited by FreeWilliam

My usual method is slapping him silly with my Tipedo.  Keep your block up when not attacking, be mobile and now Operator mode is more fluid

Pop out, zap him then bash him again.

Edit: Not forgetting you can go invisible with Void Mode

Edited by Sabreracer

On 11/8/2017 at 8:11 PM, GrazewoundZero said:

II've tried the tips in the wiki, and insanely laughed myself into oblivion...

Read this part again:

Spoiler

Imbued with Sentient powers, Shadow Stalker has the ability to adapt to damage from attacks: his health is gated such that upon its hit points falling below a fixed percentage, it will grant 95% resistance to the damage type it has received the most. The Stalker will adapt to damage once per health gate, with the percentage listed below:

• First gate: 25% Health lost
  • Second gate: 45% Health lost
  • Third gate: 65% Health lost
  • Fourth gate: 80% Health lost

Damage to his Proto Shield is not considered. However, should his shields start to regenerate, those shields will have the same resistances as his health.

Subsequent adaptation will be done in descending order of damage proportion for each health gate. Consequently, Shadow Stalker can only adapt against a maximum of four damage types, and he will still receive full damage from any damage that exceeds their health gate before adapting.

Like with all other Sentients, using the Operator's Void Beam will remove all his damage resistances. He can regain them but the Void Beam will always be able to remove them.

Copy-pasted from: http://warframe.wikia.com/wiki/Shadow_Stalker

If you have a decent amp and have points in Void Strike (Madurai tree):

1) When the Stalker taunts, exit the Warframe and crouch as an Operator to start stacking Void Strike.

2) When he spawns, one-shot him with a charged Pencha blast, Granmu grenade barrage or otherwise.

If you don't have a decent amp (or Madurai), but at least have a bursty weapon:

1) Wait for his spawn and shoot him until he gains resistances.

2) Clear his resistances with a single shot from your Operator amp.

3) Repeat 1-2 until he dies.

If you have none of the above, unranked frame/weapons and are running solo... You just experienced the Stalker in his intended form ^^

Edited by Reifnir