Jade Shadows: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Oberon's heal

TKDancer

would it be better if it was %/s based instead of a flat value/s?

like 10% at base(at rank 3) and scale with power strength?

sure some people stay at low hp, but those are few and far between, most people would prolly have around 500-600

im asking cause i notice oberon is a terrible healer when it comes to certain non-player friendlies who have tons of hp(such as eidolon baits)

before anyone comes with the generic "just play trin": i just want other healers to feel as good and this would have a very small impact on how he already plays in general matches

12 minutes ago, Omega-Shadowblade said:

10% plus power scaling is quite a lot per second. I'm sure a % could work but it'd have to be tested to find a proper value that isn't broken. 

To put in perspective, 10% can be boosted over 200% by mods alone. That means a 30%/s heal. Obviously too much.

would be more viable not broken...hp plate will heal u faster then current oberon

Just now, ashrah said:

would be more viable not broken...hp plate will heal u faster then current oberon

I'm saying having 10% plus power scaling would be broken. Not saying that a % isn't a viable solution.

(also considering my heal can outpace tusk grineer squads hitting me on all angles, I don't think its worse than hp plate)

6 minutes ago, Omega-Shadowblade said:

I'm saying having 10% plus power scaling would be broken. Not saying that a % isn't a viable solution.

(also considering my heal can outpace tusk grineer squads hitting me on all angles, I don't think its worse than hp plate)

i never had problems with healing with oberon cz i run pretty high power...i cant rember now but i king about 200 hp per sec is more then enough

11 minutes ago, Kurokoz said:

I mean, it is pretty strong.. Plus that 512 armor for any of my frames when my friend is healing..

thats if u are running a lot of str, cant remember of the top of my head how much 190% gives, but i recall the heal/s was 72 or smth like that

i dont want a huge buff on him all of the sudden, more of a change to improve him on certain specific situations

right now trin is a MUST if u care about capturing eidolons, why? cause no other healer heals % like her, and she can heal 100% in the drop of a hat(plus energy isnt a concern for trins)

i just oberon to be more useful(not saying he is useless, i love goat man)

2 minutes ago, ashrah said:

i never had problems with healing with oberon cz i run pretty high power...i cant rember now but i king about 200 hp per sec is more then enough

with max Str(without energy conversion) u get to 145 hp/s

which is def amazing on most situations, but when u want to heal an AI with thousands of hp(who loses them in a moments notice) thats barely anything

10% was just an initial suggestion, if it would be too much it should be lowered to match our current experience with oberon(about 70-100 hp/s on most situations)

15 minutes ago, TKDancer said:

with max Str(without energy conversion) u get to 145 hp/s

which is def amazing on most situations, but when u want to heal an AI with thousands of hp(who loses them in a moments notice) thats barely anything

10% was just an initial suggestion, if it would be too much it should be lowered to match our current experience with oberon(about 70-100 hp/s on most situations)

scaleing is bad in game they are talk about that.. that need fix...trin fix...she makes anything trivial

10 minutes ago, TKDancer said:

thats if u are running a lot of str, cant remember of the top of my head how much 190% gives, but i recall the heal/s was 72 or smth like that

i dont want a huge buff on him all of the sudden, more of a change to improve him on certain specific situations

right now trin is a MUST if u care about capturing eidolons, why? cause no other healer heals % like her, and she can heal 100% in the drop of a hat(plus energy isnt a concern for trins)

i just oberon to be more useful(not saying he is useless, i love goat man)

I solo capture eidolons with Oberon regularly. Energy Conversion + Growing Power works wonders for Renewal; even the lower-level eidolon lures (19-22 or so) rarely go down, provided I'm staying on top of the vomvalysts. Also keeps me alive pretty reliably through similarly tough situations, like max-level bounties and sorties. Between the armor buff, the healing throughput, and the general ease of use/maintenance, I've never felt like post-rework Renewal wasn't doing enough work.

Just my experience though. Your mileage may vary.

2 minutes ago, NinthAria said:

I solo capture eidolons with Oberon regularly. Energy Conversion + Growing Power works wonders for Renewal; even the lower-level eidolon lures (19-22 or so) rarely go down, provided I'm staying on top of the vomvalysts. Also keeps me alive pretty reliably through similarly tough situations, like max-level bounties and sorties. Between the armor buff, the healing throughput, and the general ease of use/maintenance, I've never felt like post-rework Renewal wasn't doing enough work.

Just my experience though. Your mileage may vary.

i have literally no idea how u managed to keep them alive with just oberon heal, the multiple times i tried the heal was very slow on them to the point where the only hope was keeping them away and bringing them in at the last second

1 minute ago, KnightCole said:

What ability boosts Oberon's buffs?  By myself I have 508 armor and like 105 healing, yet sometimes its boosted, the highest ive seen it is like 1000 armor and 200 some odd healing.  What frame is doing that?

Both equinox and Nidus can provide strength bonus to allies. Void Fissure also help boost strength by a lot too.

1 minute ago, KnightCole said:

What ability boosts Oberon's buffs?  By myself I have 508 armor and like 105 healing, yet sometimes its boosted, the highest ive seen it is like 1000 armor and 200 some odd healing.  What frame is doing that?

maybe the corruption from fissures? once u get 10 reactant a random thing gets buffed, if the frame gets it ur powers get super strong

11 minutes ago, TKDancer said:

i have literally no idea how u managed to keep them alive with just oberon heal, the multiple times i tried the heal was very slow on them to the point where the only hope was keeping them away and bringing them in at the last second

I run a 299% strength Oberon sometimes when I'm soloing the Teralyst. If the lure is lvl 19 or higher the chance of them getting destroyed is really low and don't forget to move your frame once in a while so the lures don't sit there and eat damage. If they just sit there and tank damage then you'll lose them eventually. Generally, the stomps and smashes won't one shot it but it can still deal plenty of damage against the lures. I don't use Growing Strength and Energy Conversion because it is unreliable to get Growing Strength working cause if you recast Renewal out in the field you probably won't be able to get Growing Power/ Energy Conversion again (not without specific melee weapon or get to the nearest grineer camp).

2 minutes ago, More-L said:

Personally Oberon would beat trin (imo) if trin didn't have ev. I have no issues with my growing power-energy conversion-max efficiency-rage oberon in 90% of cases, but keeping harrow and volt topped up is obviously impossible.

as i said: this would be smth to improve him when u want to heal things with ridiculous ammounts of HP like defense targets where a trin beats any healer by the simple of virtue of her heal being % based(even if it wasnt 100%, it would still beat all heals if the target has thousands of hp)

1 hour ago, ashrah said:

Iirc it takes 7.5 seconds for a large plate to pulse. It pulses 300 hp per 7 seconds so 300/7 = 40 hp/s

Oberon beats it with a 200 hp burst heal + regen but with regen alone at 100p strength they are equal.

Adding intensify alone and oberon will out regen a large heal plate.

Iirc (im not at home) A 200% p strength Oberon has a 80 hp/s regen so 80 hp/s x 7 s = 560 hp per 7 seconds

It can go upwards of 92 hp/s with energy conversion iirc 

4 minutes ago, TKDancer said:

With the right procs (Energy Conversion + Growing Power, like I said previously) I can cast Renewal at 220% power strength, which amounts to an 88/s heal and a 441 armor boost, which is enough to outpace most of the teralyst's attacks; a Rage mod, plus the constant stream of damage from the teralyst, gives you all the energy you need to maintain it and then some. The main thing to watch out for is the pulsing shockwave when it swings the tree; if the lures are too close, they can easily get hit by several pulses in quick succession, which is sometimes (depending on the lure's level, and thus HP/armor) enough to destroy them outright. Most of the teralyst's other attacks don't do enough damage to significantly threaten the lures, provided you're engaging it and not leaving the lures as its only target (e.g. for the homing shots or energy rain).

8 minutes ago, TKDancer said:

as i said: this would be smth to improve him when u want to heal things with ridiculous ammounts of HP like defense targets where a trin beats any healer by the simple of virtue of her heal being % based(even if it wasnt 100%, it would still beat all heals if the target has thousands of hp)

Not that Trinity's kit doesn't present some balance issues of its own, but she is the quintessential healer/medic frame; whatever the changes she needs, I think it's a pretty safe bet that "best straight-up healer" is a title she will, and should, keep. What matters, in my opinion, isn't if Oberon is a better or worse healer than Trinity (or Harrow, or Equinox, or whoever else), but rather if he's good enough to get the job done--which, as things currently stand, I think he is.

Honestly I find that the biggest issue with Renewal of the Iron Phoenix is the fact that Hallowed Ground doesn't properly give armour on some linked targets. I mean, I know why this is: the Eidolon Lures float a little bit above the ground. As anyone who's played Oberon in a defence knows, even being a smidgen off the floor, like standing on the pod, causes people to miss out on the buff.

I really wish DE would make it extend like just 1.5m to 2m above the ground so it could confer the additional armour bonus to the Lures, which I feel would give them enough damage reduction to survive more reliably. Or just let Phoenix Renewal work on non-Tenno allies.

Of course, a solid alternative would be to simply bring Unairu and Void Squat to protect the lures.

That all said, with Gara now being a thing that exists, Oberon + Gara can be just as effective as Trinity, keeping in mind that Oberon's Hallowed Ground can protect from magnetic procs and Gara can be selective in who she does or does not want to give damage reduction to.

46 minutes ago, Civic42 said:

Growing Power

Shattering Impact + Sarpa is a solid way to proc Growing Power whenever you like. Or blasting with Zakti. Just because status effects don't stick to the Eidolon (aside from Void) doesn't mean that you can't still trigger Growing Power by creating a situation where you would otherwise proc a status.

Edited by Ardhanarishvara

31 minutes ago, TKDancer said:

and no where do i ask for that

so good i guess..?

No your saying he's outclassed though by trin when he does alright healing on his own. He doesn't need percentage heal. If you want a healer, energy restore, and buffer (and you were asking for it) pick Trinity. If you want a buffer, debuffer, armour stripper, healer, instant reviver, and cc monster (animal rights activist) you pick Oberon. They have different purposes in warmframe and they both do extremely good jobs at their respective job.

Edited by (PS4)Chris_Robet

8 minutes ago, (PS4)Chris_Robet said:

No your saying he's outclassed though by trin when he does alright healing on his own. He doesn't need percentage heal. If you want a healer, energy restore, and buffer (and you were asking for it) pick Trinity. If you want a buffer, debuffer, armour stripper, healer, instant reviver, and cc monster (animal rights activist) you pick Oberon. They have different purposes in warmframe and they both do extremely good jobs at their respective job.

why are yall stubborn like this

i said trin beats any healer in some VERY specific situations due to her heal being % based, trin isnt the only support frame in the game, and % healing would have minor impact on oberon(and other frames with healing powers) in normal gameplay if done right

it would be a QoL change cause certain AI-controlled things exist and keeping them alive isnt as easy as keeping a player alive with 70-100 healing/s

plus ya know, trin would keep her role as the heal+buff+energy frame and oberon would;; mostly not change, hed just be better at certain things like keeping lures alive in eidolon captures

also point me to where i specifically asked for a "healer/buffer/energy restore", please

Edited by TKDancer