Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Waste of what could have been a good game

TheAethereal

My friends and I were going to start playing warframe, but I've been completely screwed out of mission rewards for long periods of time for the 2nd time in only a couple days of playing.  This latest one was a hotfix that I was only given 3 minutes of warning about.  I got a warning not to my end mission 10 seconds before the last wave.  Then I was given to the choice to end or do more waves.  I wouldn't have survived more waves, so I chose to end.  Got lots of error messages and no rewards.  Screw this game.  I don't have hours to spend to accomplish nothing.  You tricked me in to buying some plat for colors.  Congrats!

Ok, look. we understand you are upset, we agree that it sucks to lose rewards for things you've worked for. However, this appears to be a case of bad timing. The hotfix was being released to help prevent future missions and players from losing rewards just like you did. I would suggest next time when on the last wave of some something like that, don't kill the last enemy till you absolutely have too, because after the hotfix goes through it's safe to extract. I've been playing for 1300 hours and I can only count on one hand the number of times I got screwed out of a reward. They are doing alot to work on making your you are rewarded for the time you put into it. But if consistency and blandness are your think I heard a little indie developer just released this game called Destiny 2 which is exactly like the first one they released called Destiny. You might want to give that a try.

1300 something hours or something I don't even know and I have never once lost out one mission rewards once. And they don't trick you into buying platinum for colors. That choice was yours to make. 

If you quit over losing one reward from one defense, then there's something wrong with your gaming mentality. Would you quit Grand Theft Auto V if it crashed once? Watchdogs? Almost every single game has it's bugs and crashes. I've crashed a few times in Warframe before and that never has stopped me. 

Coming to the forums and complaining doesn't solve anything. Stating that you're leaving does nothing either. Every game crashes. There is no perfect game that never fails, or never has issues. Sometimes you have to bite a bullet. Sometimes things don't work out the way you expect. It's only a game. If you're having fun with the gameplay then keep playing it. Rewards are nice, but really a game is there to entertain and burn time. And if the ten or so minutes of defense wasn't fun, then maybe you're playing the wrong game.

I'm sure you're angry OP, but a lot of us have been playing for so long that we're honestly numb to this kind of thing. After THOUSANDS of missions, we've encountered this kind of thing maybe five times apiece. It's bad, it sucks, but it's also super rare, and you can have plenty of fun soldiering on content that you'll have plenty more good extractions ahead

That also happened to me..  I was 30 seconds from extracting when the hotfix dropped.  Game said to remain in your missions until its done but meh I extracted anyway...

What happened is that I got stuck in the reward window telling me that the game can't update my account info and if I want to proceed but lose all my rewards.  I didnt want to lose my rewards obviously so I just alt tab and watch some youtube vids while warframe tries to update my account info over and over (I got dual monitors so yeah).  15 mins later,  the hotfix is over, I got my rewards and I learned some informative stuff about building equinox.  All I did after that is restart the game and proceed like normal.

Moral Lesson:  DON'T PROCEED THE ACCOUNT INFO UPDATE WHEN THE HOTFIX DROPS.  JUST WAIT FOR IT.

Edited by Coldie93

well warframe player don't know the world outside, so they don't know game most of the time are clear on the fact "you can color your crap if you spend time " when in warframe... well no that don't happen.

is totally true the fact than you can buy everything with plat ( no tennogen with plat only money, if you a pc pleb like me at least) and you can get a lot of plat on warframe market trading your prime stuff mod and ecc... so don't really see the problem

25 dollar? 50 dollar? meh i spend 60 dollar on the game most because (before the void was destroy for no reason and che grind start to grow like nicki  as.s) the game was more that worth it, and i want to support the game.

now... well i don't care spend money in this, nah man, nah

better keep it for a console so i can buy the cool tennocrap for plat not for 6 or 7 dollar a piece XD

9 minutes ago, Raynalle said:

well warframe player don't know the world outside, so they don't know game most of the time are clear on the fact "you can color your crap if you spend time " when in warframe... well no that don't happen.

is totally true the fact than you can buy everything with plat ( no tennogen with plat only money, if you a pc pleb like me at least) and you can get a lot of plat on warframe market trading your prime stuff mod and ecc... so don't really see the problem

25 dollar? 50 dollar? meh i spend 60 dollar on the game most because (before the void was destroy for no reason and che grind start to grow like nicki  as.s) the game was more that worth it, and i want to support the game.

now... well i don't care spend money in this, nah man, nah

better keep it for a console so i can buy the cool tennocrap for plat not for 6 or 7 dollar a piece XD

Umm, what? I thiiiink I get what you said...but that also reads like you composed that entirely with auto-predict suggestions.

Sorry, I don't mean to be rude/mean...it was a bit difficult to read.

To be fair, your mission ended at the wrong time and you were warned by Redtext. The recent surge in almost daily hotfixes was due to how big an update Plains of Eidolon is, and the thousands of bugs that are expected to crawl in and get squashed ASAP.

3 minutes ago, Dreadwire said:

Well for years playing wf now. I can safely say i probably got screwed more than you.

If you can't take this in early game.

Imagine losing a rare prime part after day of hard work.

Not to mention losing a 40 mins worth of T4 survival void back in the day.

I feel you man