Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Frost Prime to be unvaulted..Why? 3 times a charm?

(XBOX)SweatyPick3L

while it is nice for newer Tenno to get another Chance at Frost prime and his weapons, I do wish they'd start moving on with the unvaultings. I own every prime item to date (barring founder Primes, obviously) but so far the unvaultings have been mostly Frost Prime and Ember Prime; Mag Prime and Rhino Prime have only been unvaulted once, and Loki Prime and all vaulted primes after him have still not been unvaulted once yet. DE need to find a solution to this problem of having to withdraw content to prevent Diluting the drop tables. there are a few options I can think of that might work.

- put Vaulted pieces inside Void and Derelict Parkour rooms. people will more actively seek them out and the Void would become popular again.

- create a limited time event where we fight Specters of the older Prime Frames, for example the first one could be against Nyx Prime, and for each successful run you can get a piece of Nyx, Hikou or Scindo primes.

- have Baro sell a single vaulted item for a very large amount of Ducats and Credits. e.g. Reaper Prime for 1000 Ducats and 1.5m Credits.

- create a nightmare/Corrupted version of starchart bosses that drop prime versions of their equivalent. e.g. Sargas Ruk drops parts for Ember, so fighting a Corrupted Sargas Ruk, in a special mission with Corrupted enemies and beating him would give you an Ember Prime piece.

- add Vaulted pieces to the Quills rewards, to ensure Eidolon Hunting remains the endgame and to encourage new players to reach a level where they can look into Eidolon Hunting. lorewise, these could be the pieces of Prime Frames who fell in battle during the old war fighting against the Eidolons.

My money would be on some kind of numbers that DE is seeing.  Failed defenses or something.   Or a lack of frosts, prime or vanilla active in the game.  Frost is a pretty important frame due to his versatility.  He's got an outstanding 3 and 4 and snow globe...nuff said.   Factor in his tank like base stats and he can get you through the start chart.  Slowly.  But through it.  That and the boss fight for the base frame...it's not hard, but it's tricky.

• 1 month later...
3 minutes ago, (PS4)BLOOD-LINE-01 said:

Threads that have not had posts for over a month = dead. Stop leafing through old threads and make new ones instead. 

No dead if still relevant. This is still relevant. Now please stop derailing. With all due respect, you are not a mod. 

Edited by (XB1)RDeschain82

1 minute ago, (Xbox One)RDeschain82 said:

No dead if still relevant. This is still relevant. Now please stop derailing. With all due respect, you are not a mod. 

There are plenty of threads made ages ago that are still relevant today. Like scaling discussions for instance. Don’t see people ressurecting those though do you.

There are new threads on the Prime Vault. Go comment on those ones isntead of clogging up the forums with old threads.

There are plenty of threads made ages ago that are still relevant today. Like scaling discussions for instance. Don’t see people ressurecting those though do you.

There are new threads on the Prime Vault. Go comment on those ones isntead of clogging up the forums with old threads.

Or the new thread posters could have searched and commented on this one. Again if you have nothing to add to the subject then please move on. 

6 minutes ago, (Xbox One)RDeschain82 said:

Not dead if still relevant. This is still relevant. Now please stop derailing. With all due respect, you are not a mod. 

Edited by (XB1)RDeschain82

4 minutes ago, (Xbox One)RDeschain82 said:

Or the new thread posters could have searched and commented on this one.

Highly unlikely since this thread is old and many would rather just nake a new one since they don’t know it exists. Good that you admitted that you went out of your way to look for an old dead thread though.

Again, your “not dead if relevant” argument is moot since a lot of threads made ages ago are still relevant today.

Edited by (PS4)BLOOD-LINE-01

Highly unlikely since this thread is old and many would rather just nake a new one. Good that you admitted that you went out of your way to look for an old dead thread though.

Again, your “not dead if relevant” argument is moot since a lot of threads made ages ago are still relevant today.

And again you are not a mod. If you have nothing to add to the subject then please move on. Thank you

Misa prime is still one of the most asked for syandanas. So yeah, until Frost pack sales drop wevll probably see him every year. 

Remember that unvaulting is purely a marketing move. They decide on what to unvault depending on projected sales, not order of vaulting or anything like that :) 

15 minutes ago, Autongnosis said:

Misa prime is still one of the most asked for syandanas. So yeah, until Frost pack sales drop wevll probably see him every year. 

Remember that unvaulting is purely a marketing move. They decide on what to unvault depending on projected sales, not order of vaulting or anything like that :) 

See and you would think since Frost Prime has completly over saturated the market over the coarse of 3 years (IMO) then they would try something different. But I guess he is in high demand still since the accessories can be bundled with any prime frame unvaulting...

il y a une heure, (Xbox One)RDeschain82 a dit :

See and you would think since Frost Prime has completly over saturated the market over the coarse of 3 years (IMO) then they would try something different. But I guess he is in high demand still since the accessories can be bundled with any prime frame unvaulting...

Frost, like Ember, is one of those frames that will never be in low demand. 

Frost is basically irreplaceable in Defences, and Ember for speedrunning content. 

The thing that makes matter worse is that the large majority of people who buy unvaults are newer players, since most older players won't bother getting a second copy of stuff they already own for cash. 

I mean, let's be homest: no veteran will ever buy a vault pack for the frame/weapons. Some will do for the cosmetics (like i will because i missed stuff i want). Butthe frames themlseves are never the objective for us old farts. 

Newbies on the other hand go crazy for Frost and Ember.

On November 27, 2017 at 3:34 PM, Yzjdriel said:

~Froooostyyy the snoowmaaaaan~

... I just realized that that might actually be the only reason why it's Frost.

I also just realized that I'm actually 100% okay with that.

Tinfoil hat theory:

Umbras will come from converting your Primes and the first conversion available after Excal Umbra will be Frosty Umbra.

The Business implications are huge.

On 27 November 2017 at 10:19 PM, (Xbox One)RDeschain82 said:

Hasn't Frost Prime been available for more or less, free the last ...what 6 months?! And this will be the 3rd time he will be unvaulted for the holidays. I mean am I the only one that thinks that's a bit redundant and repetitive?

How bout unvaulting Volt Prime, Edo Prime and Odanata Prime instead? 

Or Nova Prime and her Prime Sigil?

Is everyone ok with Frost Prime being unvaulted for holidays 3 years in a row instead of another vaulted frame? 

was hoping it would be nova, since i want another nova prime, i dont know i think frosty was uvaulted before ? just want to make a specific build of nova prime.