Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

What do people think of asking DE for a legacy server?

DarkRinnegan

1 minute ago, DarkRinnegan said:

I mean way back like before damage 2.0

When mods had random stats, Melee was a single button, warframes had destiny 2 style progression trees. the UI was even worse and the only thing good about the starmap was the ambient music?

No thanks.

Just now, peterc3 said:

There is no point. How many people would play it? How could it be monetized? What other work should be shelved to staff this project?

Well its just a server running another update that is already completed so I doubt it would be too difficult

Just now, Foefaller said:

When mods had random stats, Melee was a single button, warframes had destiny 2 style progression trees. the UI was even worse and the only thing good about the starmap was the ambient music?

No thanks.

Just now, (Xbox One)AyersyBears said:

Back when coptering was a thing?

Good lord, no thank you.

Not over our current game, A different server just to reminisce about how far warframe has come.

7 minutes ago, DarkRinnegan said:

I mean way back like before damage 2.0

5 minutes ago, Jeffed10 said:

@Valiant I think OP means pre U14, with the old Starchart and other things that we used to have. Personally I would like it but it just simply wouldn't be feasible IMO

And what about those who want it around different periods?

This game has changed far too much to try and cater to pieces of the community or even find the right era, as it were.

I do think this is a bit of rose tinted glasses thing going on here. Like people going on about the old Void being 'better' and while some pieces may have been decent, the negatives hugely outweighed them and it wasn't as great as people think.

Edited by Valiant

No warframe is not a game that was really good before. I imagine some nostalgic are affected by the memories of the discovery of warframe or not but it would be a big waste of money for DE. At the limit propose to be able to change the theme of the interface to put it as before or at best to be able to change the system of movement when have wants but that would be the limit.

I've seen what "legacy" servers do. Runescape has multiple going on since the fallout with their combat overhaul which has split the community up in 3 ways. A fraction plays on legacy combat servers, a large fraction plays on the oldschool servers, and the remainder play on current. The game has since become a ghost town.

As nice as it might be to play older versions of the game, but for the sake of maintaining a populated community, I have to say legacy servers would be a terrible idea. Splitting the playerbase up would be detrimental to Warframe in the long term.

Just now, DarkRinnegan said:

Not over our current game, A different server just to reminisce about how far warframe has come.

Well personally, I wouldn't ever play on it so for me, it's still no thanks.

It might be nice to reminisce over, but that's about it. I can do that with some old YouTube videos. I also highly doubt it would be populated enough to warrant it. People might play it for a couple hours/ days, but I highly doubt anyone would consistently log in and play every day for any length of time.

8 minutes ago, Foefaller said:

No thanks.

that music tho

3 minutes ago, DarkRinnegan said:

You can try and please everyone but you will end up just pissing more people off

Which is why even having a legacy server is a bad idea and comes back to my original comment - you can't cater to everyone and wouldn't be able to possibly nail down a suitable period. People liked different periods of WF, not just the one you liked.

WF simply isn't that sort of game with its updates which change the gameplay in leaps and bounds.

Edited by Valiant