Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Tonkor Issues!!!

Rson

Been playing with my Tonkor recently and notice it does less damage the closer it blows up to you. At point blank if your shots hit an enemy, it just bounces off it instead of exploding. 
has anyone else noticed this? I would love it if it was change back to the old way, blowing up at point blank, in the cases i'm packing my tonkor i'm already dead if the mobs can get up to point blank on me *lvl 100 sorites so killing myself in the process is a good trade, having damage drop off is a horrible trade.  What are your thoughts? Also PLEASE!!! DE change it back, I don't care about the self damage but i do care about the damage drop off  T_T hahaha

Edited by Rson

14 minutes ago, AzureTerra said:

Biggest issue with the Tonkor these days is the lack of bounce, used to be a great weapon with the ability to get it up stairs or around corners but now its one bounce and its done

Tether Grenades can help you with that :shocked:

Edited by -_Highlander_-
Correction on spelling

10 minutes ago, -_Highlander_- said:

Tether Grenades can help you with that :shocked:

Tether Grenades is a Penta only mod. Not much help with the Tonkor.

Otherwise I remember a change some time ago that gave the tonkor a minimum arming distance, specifically to prevent accidental suicides

Edited by C4Clan
hunting for spelling errors

1 minute ago, Kaotyke said:

A Penta Mod for the Tonkor.

How nice... if it were possible.

:facepalm: Shame on me

you are correct i checked it thru the main mod deck not my tonkor .. apoligy for that 

i was realy hoping that this mod would be accepted by tonkor .. due the same mechanic

.. Hmm maby time to start an new topic about that mod .. :shocked:

8 minutes ago, -_Highlander_- said:

i was realy hoping that this mod would be accepted by tonkor .. due the same mechanic

Tonkor and Penta do not have the same mechanics. Tonkor is Detonate on Impact (with enemy) while Penta is detonate on command. Ideally there should be no grenades lying around to tether anyone with the tonkor.

DE nerfed Tonkor into the ground.

Took away it's mechanics that made it unique (Bounce) to make it the standard generic launcher weapon it is today that see's little to no use.

It's interesting to use still, don't get me wrong, but it's the EXACT same as all the others now, it blows up in your face, you're dead. No uniqueness.

13 minutes ago, Latiac said:

DE nerfed Tonkor into the ground.

Took away it's mechanics that made it unique (Bounce) to make it the standard generic launcher weapon it is today that see's little to no use.

It's interesting to use still, don't get me wrong, but it's the EXACT same as all the others now, it blows up in your face, you're dead. No uniqueness.

Yeah that nerf made Tonkor absolutly useless .. 

adding new stuff to it wont hurt .. but this idea i have on it starts to blow up in my face to

while programmers can simple change things .. like they always do

in this way im hopeing that tonkor can be a bit more usefull

4 часа назад, Rson сказал:

Been playing with my Tonkor recently and notice it does less damage the closer it blows up to you. At point blank if your shots hit an enemy, it just bounces off it instead of exploding. 
has anyone else noticed this? I would love it if it was change back to the old way, blowing up at point blank, in the cases i'm packing my tonkor i'm already dead if the mobs can get up to point blank on me *lvl 100 sorites so killing myself in the process is a good trade, having damage drop off is a horrible trade.  What are your thoughts? Also PLEASE!!! DE change it back, I don't care about the self damage but i do care about the damage drop off  T_T hahaha

Tonkor was nerfed and its grenades were changed to make them prime only after traveling a certain distance.

There's no damage drop. Your crits are probably just too inconsistent.

37 minutes ago, Marvelous_A said:

Why bounce? DE should have made it detonate on impact. The bounce mechanic is pretty useless and doesn't give any advantage.

The Tonkor IS detonate on impact but it is rather selective in that a) the grenade must hit an enemy and b) you shoot a distance of at least 5m (or at least what the game considers to be 5m)