Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Mirage Prime

(PSN)NEXUSKILLER0117

15 minutes ago, (PS4)XxDarkyanxX said:

It would feel disgustingly grindy at most.

You'd be forced to keep the original variant of a warframe in your inventory until its prime come out.
Or you could sell it and then spend another 3-5 hours farming its parts again, then 3 days to build it and another 20 minutes in Akkad to max its level. Which is really a hassle.

If you did the same with every existing weapon you'd also be in for quite a platinum ride, which would be even more disgusting.

I'd wager most people already do this - have one of every frame, keeping the regular frames until their primed variant gets released.  I know i've heard of people who keep ALL frames, both regular and their primed versions.  

I personally think it would be kind of neat and would give a better sense of progression to have prime frames (or maybe even umbra) require the base frame to craft it, since once you get the primed version, there really isn't a reason to keep the base frame.  Really, it feels like a waste to sell the base frames for a measly amount of credits when one may have invested a good bit of time, resources, and potentially reactors/forma into that frame.

il y a 6 minutes, BornWithTeeth a dit :

Then that's fair. How would you feel if it were made an option?

Either build the Prime Warframe from scratch, and it works completely as normal,

OR

Destroy, rebuild, and upgrade the baseline into the Prime, and get one free Polarity allocation, the equivalent of one free Forma. Orokin Reactors, Exilus Adapters, any and all Forma which have been applied, and the lens if it has one, all of those are not carried over.

Would you find that objectionable?

I like the latter, it's a small and desirable bonus for keeping something you love and it doesn't force players into anything, it's a small touch of love.

The part I didn't like was the idea of DE forcing it's player base into re-farming entire things whenever they open up a new prime access only to farm even more with fissures and Prime resources. That can only be seen as a greedy move in order to get more money from lazy people who don't want to go back to a Boss node.

il y a 7 minutes, Sin1989 a dit :

I'd wager most people already do this - have one of every frame, keeping the regular frames until their primed variant gets released.  I know i've heard of people who keep ALL frames, both regular and their primed versions.  

I personally think it would be kind of neat and would give a better sense of progression to have prime frames (or maybe even umbra) require the base frame to craft it, since once you get the primed version, there really isn't a reason to keep the base frame.  Really, it feels like a waste to sell the base frames for a measly amount of credits when one may have invested a good bit of time, resources, and potentially reactors/forma into that frame.

That's the point of getting a prime... It's an upgrade, it is progression.

Let me put that into a different example :
There's no point in keeping a Damaged Continuity if you've gotten a normal Continuity, same if you get Primed continuity.
Just because you put a little bit of credits and endo there and there doesn't mean that it's a "Waste", it served you well until the very end, but now you found better and selling it is clearly the only thing you can do unless you want to put it on a pedestal and keep it as a reminder of the past.

You used the frame to get more resource, fought millions on enemies and got Mastery Exp for it and more importantly allowed you to have fun with it until its upgraded version came around, I'd say the base frame got its fair worth of time/resources/reactors and formas.

Hidden messages has more to it than just Mirage.

I like the idea that you need the standard frame to MR30 to understand how to build and use the prime, without using it to build it, since quest frames you can only have one, forma investments, etc. As long as you have it maxed in your profile you are good.

26 minutes ago, aligatorno said:

Well, lore wise it makes no sense for them to be required. Basically they are reversed engineered frames not made by the Orokin, at least as far as I know. Let's think it like this : There's Nitendo Switch and then there's CEMU, a reversed engineer emulator. You don't need CEMU to build a Nitendo Switch in case you get your hands on its blueprints with all the details in. 

lore wise they could make it make sense. I dont get that argument. Lore wise, they couldve said that prime relics dont contain all of the info we need to make a full prime. Lore wise they couldve said that it takes 10,000 argon crystals to craft.

43 minutes ago, (PS4)XxDarkyanxX said:

That's the point of getting a prime... It's an upgrade, it is progression.

Let me put that into a different example :
There's no point in keeping a Damaged Continuity if you've gotten a normal Continuity, same if you get Primed continuity.
Just because you put a little bit of credits and endo there and there doesn't mean that it's a "Waste", it served you well until the very end, but now you found better and selling it is clearly the only thing you can do unless you want to put it on a pedestal and keep it as a reminder of the past.

You used the frame to get more resource, fought millions on enemies and got Mastery Exp for it and more importantly allowed you to have fun with it until its upgraded version came around, I'd say the base frame got its fair worth of time/resources/reactors and formas.

Fair.  It feels like less of an upgrade though when you can just completely bypass a base frame and just get the primed one.  That's not how progression should work, imo.  Newer players can come fresh into the game and go straight to prime frames without ever needing to use the base frames other than for mastery fodder - many primed frames have a mastery req of 0, and there are like... 3 primes that need mr5 or mr8.  That's not to say that I think that primes should be mastery locked, because I don't - that wouldn't necessarily solve being able to bypass base frames.  What could though, is either needing the base frame to craft the primed variant, or locking the prime until the base frame has been ranked.

Quests have more to them than just what you get at the end. Plus Mastery Rank is a thing.

I don’t think they’ll change the core formula of how the Prime is acquired and I don’t think they’ll make you do the quest and obtain the base version before you can get the Prime. I just don’t see it happening lol.

As for me getting rid of my base Mirage? Yeah. Yeah I am. With the way I build my Mirage, I only have 1 forma on her. And the Prime will more than likely have more polarities. No reason for me to keep the base version beyond memories.

At least in regards to "Quest Warframes", I feel that if DE's going to start making Primed versions, they should require the base Warframe to build.

It actually would fit with the lore for many of them, since I'm pretty sure the Lotus wasn't aware of the existence of at least one of the quest 'frames. So it would make sense that the Primed parts from the relics would have to be applied to the base chassis of the Frame in order to work properly, unlike normal Primes where the Lotus was fully aware and knew enough about them to allow the Operators to build them without using the original as a component.

They should at least make Mirage Prime as hard to farm as Vauban Prime, with all the parts as golden rewards in their respective relics. Hopefully, they would make it even more difficult to farm than that, like making the relics themselves rare. The result being Mirage Prime set costing something like more than 300p on Warframe Market, as much as vaulted frames like Rhino prime.

I respect the lore and storytelling, and I would honestly hate seeing people running around with the better version of Mirage for cheap.

Edited by EZIOilMentore

18 minutes ago, EZIOilMentore said:

They should at least make Mirage Prime as hard to farm as Vauban Prime, with all the parts as golden rewards in their respective relics. Hopefully, they would make it even more difficult to farm than that, like making the relics themselves rare. The result being Mirage Prime set costing something like more than 300p on Warframe Market, as much as vaulted frames like Rhino prime.

I respect the lore and storytelling, and I would honestly hate seeing people running around with the better version of Mirage for cheap.

Eh, Vauban Prime is not hard to get. I got his full set from normal intact relics. It's the resources needed to build him that's the pain. 

Heck, Mirage, Inaros and Titania are the easiest frames to get as there is literally no RNG involved - you complete a fixed set of missions for a fixed reward, then just buy the BPs. The quests will come naturally from completing junctions and have no RNG in them (unlike Limbo). Same can be said for Chroma where you just do the junctions.

Making Mirage prime so RNG would just invite needless hate and increase the grindwall to unnecessary amounts. Just because you may have found the missions a chore to do doesn't immediately make normal Mirage ultra special or hard to get.

39 minutes ago, Datam4ss said:

Eh, Vauban Prime is not hard to get. I got his full set from normal intact relics. It's the resources needed to build him that's the pain. 

Heck, Mirage, Inaros and Titania are the easiest frames to get as there is literally no RNG involved - you complete a fixed set of missions for a fixed reward, then just buy the BPs. The quests will come naturally from completing junctions and have no RNG in them (unlike Limbo). Same can be said for Chroma where you just do the junctions.

Making Mirage prime so RNG would just invite needless hate and increase the grindwall to unnecessary amounts. Just because you may have found the missions a chore to do doesn't immediately make normal Mirage ultra special or hard to get.

Fine. In that case, I think all Mirage parts should be rare drops, and like Vauban Prime, the resources for it be a tedious grind.

I also agree with the idea mentioned earlier about Hidden Messages quest and regular Mirage being prerequisites. Better yet, they could have the regular Mirage as a component for crafting Mirage Prime.

On 12/6/2017 at 1:55 PM, BornWithTeeth said:

I would actually like it if that’s how all Prime ‘frames work. The blueprints you recover from Orokin Relics show exactly how the systems and casings of a Prime Warframe work, and then you have to sacrifice the baseline Warframe of that type, which must be rank 30, fully mastered, gutting out the core of it, and rebuilding a new Prime around it. It would feel neat, like if you carefully leveled the baseline variant, and still kept it with you.

it would be neat, and if this were a subscription game.  possibly how they could / would implement Prime frames.  but since it's f2p, Primes will always be available on the market, because there's always those who want it now.

On 12/6/2017 at 5:00 PM, (Xbox One)Ivan of Jupiter said:

Quests have more to them than just what you get at the end. Plus Mastery Rank is a thing.

Mastery Rank past 14, really isn't a thing.  other than to say.  look how much stuff I've leveled.  Unless there's some weapons / items that are lvl locked past 14.  once you hit 14 and can slot your rivens.  it's all status at that point, no real need to even bother with it. ( again, unless there's something level locked i'm unaware of ) 

Don't kill me for posting this on a different thread but does anyone know when the prime access will be available? It's currently not available here (East coast, US) and was hoping to drop a bit of money to support DE (and I'm more excited about the prime armor and syandana  than mirage XD).

Edited by RickyGalax

2 minutes ago, RickyGalax said:

Don't kill me for posting this on a different thread but does anyone know when the prime access will be available? It's currently not available here (East coast, US) and was hoping to drop a bit of money to support DE (and I'm more excited about the prime armor and syandana  than mirage XD).

Well, should be within 5 minutes, but they dont have to be that precise you know...

On 07/12/2017 at 5:20 AM, WhiteMarker said:

DE just should make it so that you have to rank the normal version to 30 first. And only then you can build the Prime.
This way, not everybody would just buy a cheap set, and quests wouldn't become "useless".

Something like this, I feel it's way to easy to get primes these days, a higher mastery lock or a requirement, Saryn is the main example, her prime is so easy to acquire in comparison to her regular version, and Equinox Prime when that comes out... it took me weeks to get all the equinox parts, I can get a prime in a day if I'm lucky and in a group.

2 minutes ago, imendars said:

Well, should be within 5 minutes, but they dont have to be that precise you know...

I honestly didn't have a solid idea of when they would release it, was looking for a more broad time range anyway lol. Now i'm just gonna spam refresh for the next five minutes, thanks (sarcasm?).

Edited by RickyGalax
Not sarcasm, genuine excitement XD

On 12/6/2017 at 10:50 AM, WhiteMarker said:

DE just should make it so that you have to rank the normal version to 30 first. And only then you can build the Prime.
This way, not everybody would just buy a cheap set, and quests wouldn't become "useless".

I actually like this idea, but wouldnt want to have to consume the normal frame. I enjoy farming for the normal Warframes, I dont buy them. Saryn & Chroma were fun to do. Sure there are some that are a pain, but that gives us something to play for.

13 minutes ago, RickyGalax said:

I honestly didn't have a solid idea of when they would release it, was looking for a more broad time range anyway lol. Now i'm just gonna spam refresh for the next five minutes, thanks (sarcasm?).

More than few people mentioned GMT 18:00 and i passed to you what i have read. :D