Jade Shadows: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

VGA's RIGGED

MrRagez

Overwatch getting best ongoing game, versus the most popular f2p non-PVP title of all time thats been going for 4 years. The game that no one thought would make it past 6 months and they give it to Overwatch.

What an absolute joke and a waste of all our time. VGA's are completely pathetic. Blizzard bought and paid for this.

1 minute ago, TheErebus. said:

Ah yes, the players who voted for it rigged the entire show. 

The voters have rigged it

Who selects the winners?

The winners in most categories are determined by the international jury (90%) and a public fan vote (10%) across TheGameAwards.com and Google Search Voting. In the categories of Best Esports Game, Best Esports Player, Best Esports Team, Most Anticipated Game, and Trending Gamer, the public fan vote across Twitter DM, Facebook Messenger, TheGameAwards.com and Google Search Voting solely determines the winner.  Fan voting closes on Wednesday, December 6 at Midnight PT.

In other words.... votes matter about as much as the popular vote in the USA presidential election (they don't).

5 minutes ago, Campaigner said:

Who selects the winners?

The winners in most categories are determined by the international jury (90%) and a public fan vote (10%) across TheGameAwards.com and Google Search Voting. In the categories of Best Esports Game, Best Esports Player, Best Esports Team, Most Anticipated Game, and Trending Gamer, the public fan vote across Twitter DM, Facebook Messenger, TheGameAwards.com and Google Search Voting solely determines the winner.  Fan voting closes on Wednesday, December 6 at Midnight PT.

In other words.... votes matter about as much as the popular vote in the USA presidential election (they don't).

Even so, screaming "IT'S RIGGED!" because your favorite game didn't win is childish. These awards are meaningless anyways.

23 minutes ago, Campaigner said:

Who selects the winners?

Well what the actual F*** was the point of voting if it can be overwritten by the judges, a small percentage of people compared to the voters... This is why i hate pop culture stuff. "Award" my &#!.

Also, why the f did nier not won? It has GOTY written all over it.

Awards shows are almost always popularity contests, not a test of true merit.  Frankly, I'm surprised Nier won for Best Music, I expected them to throw it to the Zelda game.  In any case, while Warframe has a decent sized playerbase, it's nowhere near what Overwatch can bring to bear.

You shouldn't get so upset about the result of this gloryfied advertisement.

DE get exactly what they were looking for : more visibility and that's great

Frankly do you even remember which game win what categories the previous years ? Because i don't and really couldn't care less.