Jade Shadows: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Archwings on new Open world! Ouch!

(PSN)dinosaur_doc

I just busted my can getting all the items. Fishing, minerals, fishing, minerals, bounties. Then of course fishing...... I got it so that I could use my archwing over eidolon and WOW! What a joke. You cannot put the brakes on, and a one shot from the ground crews, and you are DONE! It sure wasn’t worth it. The archwing still performs like it’s in a weightless, gravityless arena. I think using archwing s would be awesome! Hopefully at some point there is a fix for this. Right now it’s AWEFUL, just so you know! Thanks for a great game though!

sincerely,

guerohispanico

From what I can tell it's intended primarily as a method of quick transportation, not something you stay in for long stretches of time. Not that you can't stay in it for long stretches of time, but you have to be very careful of anti-air missiles, both from Grineer ground troops and their missile turrets.

1 hour ago, NinthAria said:

From what I can tell it's intended primarily as a method of quick transportation, not something you stay in for long stretches of time. Not that you can't stay in it for long stretches of time, but you have to be very careful of anti-air missiles, both from Grineer ground troops and their missile turrets.

Itzal with a sniper can stay up as long as you want.

But it's bull how they want it to be a transportation yet it is so expensive. I ended up mostly running because farming iradite/fish oil isn't that fun, and i'd rather use em for something else

2 hours ago, xXHobbitXx said:

it does have gravity dynamics, and slowing down is easy once u get used to the different controls

I think that Sky AW might be bugged right now. I usually throttle the sprint down to very slow so I cruse over the big lake margins and control AW with just one hand while looking at the mini map for wisps, but today when I tried to do that AW just wouldn't slow down, Sprint would instantly go to max speed and never go back down during sprint unlike before.

Some times I try to do missions in PoE with AW, but without the throttle during sprint I was having trouble staying in the mission area since going into sprint would punch me forward to max speed and it gets disorienting. Hopefully they fix the speed throttle since it's a pretty nice feature.

1 hour ago, (PS4)watt4hem said:

But it's bull how they want it to be a transportation yet it is so expensive. I ended up mostly running because farming iradite/fish oil isn't that fun, and i'd rather use em for something else

Expensive?  Is that a joke?  30 Fish oil (for 50) isn't that bad; I have to be in the right mood to fish, but 30 oil only takes a few minutes.

1 Irradiate and Grokdrul per use is also nothing.  Grokdrul and Irradiate are everywhere.  You don't have to "farm" them, just pay attention when you're doing other stuff.  I get much more irradiate and *especially* Grokdrul than I use Archwings just running from objective to objective when they're less than 1km distant (which is about my cutoff for using the Archwing).

1 hour ago, (PS4)watt4hem said:

Did you know that bounties effect how much iradite you get per rock? Do a t5 bounty, and run around and collect it. Easy. 

I'm okay with DE wanting us to use our AW's more as a vehicle than a weapon, but having my maxed out Elytron getting one-shotted by a pea-shooter and basically not having any air brakes or something on it just sucks. Seriously, I use the afterburner for 1 nanosecond and *poof* the only way to stop is to slam my face into a wall.

4 hours ago, (PS4)Guerohispanico said:

I just busted my can getting all the items. Fishing, minerals, fishing, minerals, bounties. Then of course fishing...... I got it so that I could use my archwing over eidolon and WOW! What a joke. You cannot put the brakes on, and a one shot from the ground crews, and you are DONE! It sure wasn’t worth it. The archwing still performs like it’s in a weightless, gravityless arena. I think using archwing s would be awesome! Hopefully at some point there is a fix for this. Right now it’s AWEFUL, just so you know! Thanks for a great game though!

sincerely,

guerohispanico

You are right first time who's good but now on last update is not. I can stop archwing if I hit the tree...

Edited by Vlada91

1 hour ago, PhotriusPyrelus said:

Expensive?  Is that a joke?  30 Fish oil (for 50) isn't that bad; I have to be in the right mood to fish, but 30 oil only takes a few minutes.

1 Irradiate and Grokdrul per use is also nothing.  Grokdrul and Irradiate are everywhere.  You don't have to "farm" them, just pay attention when you're doing other stuff.  I get much more irradiate and *especially* Grokdrul than I use Archwings just running from objective to objective when they're less than 1km distant (which is about my cutoff for using the Archwing).

It took 30 fish oil, and 50 irradates iirc. I always try to keep an eye out for markers in the mini map, yet i always burn out my irradates trying to craft some zaw parts..

Then again, my play time lately has been pretty abysmal, so i guess my farm rate would feel below average to you

Just now, (PS4)watt4hem said:

It took 30 fish oil, and 50 irradates iirc. I always try to keep an eye out for markers in the mini map, yet i always burn out my irradates trying to craft some zaw parts..

Then again, my play time lately has been pretty abysmal, so i guess my farm rate would feel below average to you

Yeah, it's 30 Fish oil, 50 Irradiate, 50 Grokdrul, and 600 Circuits, but it makes 50 call downs, so that's 1 Irradiate and 1 Grokdrul per calldown.

Ahhh.  I have not touched Zaws yet, so I have a fair bank of Irradiate.  If you go out at night, Irradiate shows up quite nicely as little red spots in the distance.