Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

A reminder as to how Nidus works...

(XBOX)Requiem of One

Hm, I find something interesting in this thread that's worth mentioning or having a discussion I feel.

Most of the replies more-or-less are in the consensus of "understand OP is that not everyone is going to play around you/your Warframe; Don't bash on other Warframes and let them play how they want to play; learn to adapt to circumstances; etc", with these opinions near-absolute (as in this applies to all Warframes and the wide array of players' playstyles).

I find this interesting, at least within this context, an Ember playing the way they want forcing the Nidus player (op) to adhere to what they want to do instead of adapting, moving to another location, etc.

It's commendable when I see replies like these, but lets turn this around. Replace Ember with something more polarizing, say Limbo as one example, and we'll have a totally different tune of replies, huh?
Instead of following their own advice i.e. "preach before you teach", many of the people here (in general, not this thread specifically) instead have a quite hypocritical stance when it comes to the more controversial Warframes such as Limbo.

Instead of, you know, exactly what they say here, "move to a different location of the area; let them do their own thing; its pubs so no one has to adhere to any moral rules; etc", more times than not, I usually see the fingers pointing at said Warframe instead of themselves for not just adapting to the situation.

Using the Limbo example again, at least in his case it's easier to just not walk into his Cataclysm+Stasis and let him take care of them (especially within the Plains where you can be anywhere else), over Ember where there is not any definitive line of what enemies World on Fire is affecting, adding that the ability itself moves with the player. So alot of the times (ex. when its a static mission like Mobile Defense or something) there's a good chance you probably wont fire one bullet since said Ember is killing them all.

I'm not implying really anything in particular how I feel about one Warframe over another, but I find this observation a bit interesting.
Just some food-for-thought, so take it as you will.

Edited by HalfDarkShadow

1 hour ago, HalfDarkShadow said:

Hm, I find something interesting in this thread that's worth mentioning or having a discussion I feel.

Most of the replies more-or-less are in the consensus of "understand OP is that not everyone is going to play around you/your Warframe; Don't bash on other Warframes and let them play how they want to play; learn to adapt to circumstances; etc", with these opinions near-absolute (as in this applies to all Warframes and the wide array of players' playstyles).

I find this interesting, at least within this context, an Ember playing the way they want forcing the Nidus player (op) to adhere to what they want to do instead of adapting, moving to another location, etc.

It's commendable when I see replies like these, but lets turn this around. Replace Ember with something more polarizing, say Limbo as one example, and we'll have a totally different tune of replies, huh?
Instead of following their own advice i.e. "preach before you teach", many of the people here (in general, not this thread specifically) instead have a quite hypocritical stance when it comes to the more controversial Warframes such as Limbo.

Instead of, you know, exactly what they say here, "move to a different location of the area; let them do their own thing; its pubs so no one has to adhere to any moral rules; etc", more times than not, I usually see the fingers pointing at said Warframe instead of themselves for not just adapting to the situation.

Using the Limbo example again, at least in his case it's easier to just not walk into his Cataclysm+Stasis and let him take care of them (especially within the Plains where you can be anywhere else), over Ember where there is not any definitive line of what enemies World on Fire is affecting, adding that the ability itself moves with the player. So alot of the times (ex. when its a static mission like Mobile Defense or something) there's a good chance you probably wont fire one bullet since said Ember is killing them all.

I'm not implying really anything in particular how I feel about one Warframe over another, but I find this observation a bit interesting.
Just some food-for-thought, so take it as you will.

*whispers* different people have different opinions.

From my angle it's not hypocritical. I don't give a flying F*** if I'm doing  enough damage or kills to satisfy a power fantasy. I'm a MR24 focus farmer. I have the capability of destroying worlds and have been doing it for years (enough to be heavily sated) but I'm benefited more by players being within affinity range and making their own kills than I am by kill hogging and pushing those driven by their power fantasies away.

Throw in heavy CC though and I start getting irritated pretty quick. The enemies are pushed away, denied the ability to move towards the squad of death machines, party members need to run further away from eachother to find things to kill. It's really frustrating, and Limbo is the king of getting in everyone's way with CC cause he not only shuts down the enemy, he shuts down his teammates gear too

2 hours ago, HalfDarkShadow said:

No because whenever a Limbo is around EVERYONE is using Trinity, or low damage melee or dont have offense based powers.

100% of the time.

First of all people follow each other in survival because of affinity share. Also fissures drop more likely in shared affinity range. Loot is easy to collect when you stay or move together.

On the other hand both nidus and ember can be annoying in pugs depending on thier gameplay and attitude. In general When I see a nidus I'm less likely to attack his targets. But do not expect people to sit and wait for your stacks to get high. 

Also I wouldn't take ember's mocking seriously . They are useless at high level missions and they have no scaling. Nidus is not the best frame for speed runs and Ember is not good for high level stuff. That's not mean one is better than another. They are just different and excell at different things.

9 hours ago, TheGrimCorsair said:

Pretty much. Nidus' adage is simply: "If you're not getting stacks, you don't need stacks." Nidus is ridiculously powerful, except that his abilities run the inverse of Ember's through Warframe's general difficulty progression (lvl 0-100). You end up easily as strong as Ember in level 100 sortie content as Ember is in level 0 content, and have the benefit of being able to carry excellent weapons to handle anything your powers can't, or are too inefficient to deal with.

Nidus is serious backup, he's like an actual tank (the kind that is frightening and will blow holes in defenses and keep on going). He's a powerhouse assassin.

As an Ember main, if I'm in a short mission, nidus stacks are meaningless to me because i would have to slow down kill rate to let him build stacks for what? Big numbers? Keep in mind its kills that bring loot and xp, not doing 30x a mobs hp in damage. A Mag, who is underrated but thats for another thread, would contribute more than a Nidus generally would. He's a solo frame or tank+assassin.

For a long mission though? I will certainly back off or go somewhere else to let Nidus build stacks for when he is useful beyond healing me or pulling mobs together. The thing is though, Ember scales fine well beyond sortie content. Nidus can do some crazy single target damage, but so can Ember whether she is stripping armor or not. People just need to stop building her to be lazy af inefficient with high efficiency duration tickle builds that don't help teams.

Ember will melt mobs at all levels when built to do so. If you disagree you have not done the basic math and practical gameplay to see how.

But anyway, the Ember OP was talking about was a lame human.

1 hour ago, Jakorak said:

*whispers* different people have different opinions.

I think there is a misunderstanding here. I am specifically talking about those who go about saying how you shouldn't have prejudice about X Warframe (like the Ember focus of this thread) and to not "bash" them, but then turn around and do the exact thing they frown upon when it's another Warframe they don't agree with (design philosophy wise). That is by the very definition hypocritical, which is something I've noticed from time to time (which is not exclusive to Limbo by the by. I've seen the same thing in the past when it came to Warframes like Hydroid, Valkyr, Oberon, etc).

The rest of your post are fair points / valid, and I'm not here to really change anyone's mind. But still, just wanted to make that clear that I'm aware these are all opinions we share, but again, it's how many express these thoughts and how occasionally it contradicts with one another.

Edited by HalfDarkShadow

Цитата

Using the Limbo example again, at least in his case it's easier to just not walk into his Cataclysm+Stasis and let him take care of them (especially within the Plains where you can be anywhere else), over Ember where there is not any definitive line of what enemies World on Fire is affecting

Straight up lie.

Most Embers use only stretch if they use range mods at all which means their range will be 20 meters, most Limbos you see in *pubs* will spam full range Cataclysm, which is about 50 meters.

Limbo also aims to lock everything down not allowing anyone to use any kind of things basically, usually used in missions like mobile defense/sortie defense/defense and prevents you from getting kills at all and getting affinity. Getting nothing to kill but stil completing the mission + getting 75% of affinity vs getting nothing to kill because everything is in stasis and unable to complete the misison at least at the normal pace that's what you're comparing here. And with them both, just like with other frames like slow nova or anything else annoying the best course of action is to leave if you can't bother finding a group or dealing with other palyers playing the game the way "you don't like" which is braindead easy during events. *Only* problem, group would mostly ask you to be useful and in case of Plague Star, bringing Nekros, Hydroid, some dps maybe that can kill fast like Mesa, Nova or a Loki - mostly. Whoops. Turns out they also don't need Nidus if they have a choice. So you decide it's better then go alone but not really alone and think that random people will cater to your whims instead.

Not how it works.

Edited by -Temp0-

I would say I'm surprised but I'm not. I did not state anywhere in my main post that I hated players who play ember. Not only that, I was the one who got insulted by said ember player. If people could only read. Also who ever said Nidus was a one button frame, you are sadly mistaken. He is considered a chain frame if anything. You pop his 2, use his 1, once you get some stacks, you pop his 3, then 2, then 1 if it things get dicey you pop his 4.

Of course, I could have posted this with any other frame that has an area of effect ability but no, I posted about ember due to the fact of the insult that came with it from the ember player. Even now, I just explain how his abilities work together. If no else can understand that and you want to continue the whole bashing fest of "this guy is just an ember hater" go ahead. I have said my piece and will leave it at that. If people can't look past that, it just means that the community is just going to become very toxic in the future :awkward:

Cooperative play in most warframe content consists of either you or another player one shotting everything into oblivion. You either live in this world or you play in a personal bubble. Personally? I play in a bubble. Other than the very rare circumstance of extremely long endless, anything beyond one person is overkill and someone is going to be stepping on someone else's toes no matter what you do. I stopped power housing alert content and just run around aiming and shooting at things with a pistol. Sometimes I get 90% damage done, sometimes I get 1%.

I guess what I'm trying to say is that this game is poorly balanced for group play for most content. Either you join the flow and accept that, or you go your own way. Best of luck to you, op.

Edit: I believe that what I've stated here is also why leeching is a growing phenomena.

Edited by Frosthaven83

Couple points for your consideration OP:

On the one hand, Nidus is incredibly ill-suited to Plague Star. The level of enemies doesn't warrant his appearance, as he'll be OHKing them from stack 0. Combine that with his lack of health and long-range powers, and he ends up being a kinda rubbish choice for this. (No offence to you for choosing him, or anyone for that matter. I love my Nidus for high level endless missions, but low level he's unnecessary)

Another is that Ember is incredibly well suited to Plague Star, mostly because of her ability to Johnny Cash the hemocyte. But her fireball is also useful for snipers and turrets, and I'd you've done TWW then you can just pop her WoF and leave her on the console during mixing.

With that said, the idiot you described is clearly unaware of his capabilities. The situation meant that he was not in his ideal environment, where she most definitely was. Had it been an Axi survival, I can imagine she'd be bowing to your might, but as it stands, I'm sorry you had to experience that idiocy

On 10/12/2017 at 11:49 PM, (PS4)supernova_girlie said:

I was doing a void defense fissure today and a Nidus kept following me and using his 2nd ability to take enemies away from me. It made no sense, because behind him there were hordes of corrupted. If you're rolling with Nidus, you should always have some extra enemy radar mod equipped. 

Or just situational awareness. Enemy radar is certainly very useful for finding targets, but it's not nearly a necessity

Then again, the guy might've been a troll, so yeah...

On 11/12/2017 at 4:23 AM, (Xbox One)Requiem of One said:

Nidus (God Tier Frame)

The problem I see here is if you're a "God Tier Frame" as you so presume, you should be playing on a level where Ember and her BS are rendered ineffective... if Ember is wrecking the area, then you're playing in a level well below Nidus's power level and really should not be supersized (lol) surprised by the outcome.

And as ppl have said, in survival you should be sticking together for drops and affinity, it should not be the other players task to accommodate your frame choice in its peculiarities when you take off to go it alone.

The Ember may be an asshat, but you're not doing yourself any favours in your play style choice.

Edited by Carnage2K4

As a Nidus main I find this topic @(*()$ hilarious. Dude, you can do plague star with 3 stacks just for your link, that's it. How weak are you? Another thing Nidus was incredibly ill-suited for PS. Most people do consecutive rush runs and you are slowing down the whole damn show. They just want to get on with it. In case you wanted to do it should have gone solo lone rabbies infested wolf style or with friends but judging by your character I doubt anyone can stand your face. Whining about randoms, geez, grow some balls m8.

If you bring nidus... don't forget to bring a decent gun and, preferably rapid fire with a ton of ammo so you can screw with limbos too.

Just saying you should be ready with plan B, C, and how many other backup plans so you can contribute/ have fun.

Side note: Ember is less annoying than limbo simply because she keeps the affinity flowing much better than a timestop limbo.

Edited by TonyWong