Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

I bought Prime Access/Accessories...

(PSN)Thealteregoroman

I told a friend that I bought these and like he totally made me feel like crap for doing it. What I don't understand is that yea I know its a free to play game but how I look at it, this is the top game I am playing right now.....over destiny......over Elderscrolls online......over FFXIV.

I figured I would stop paying those subscription fees for those games AND not get the next DLC for destiny 2 cause I really REALLY like warframe. Yea its a bit of a grind. A couple months ago I got MR 24 on the console. THAT was very hard for me to get...

ANYWAYS I am getting off topic here. I told him I bought both packs and he said why? He said I could have waited a few days and got it from the warframe marketplace site cause people would grind for them. He told me such a waste of money for something I want for my "collection."

Well that bothered me cause I feel like this is my hobby and 139 bucks is a lot yea but how ELSE are we gonna keep the people at DE paid? Am I thinking too much into this? I'm at the point where I was going to respond with a lengthy paragraph but then I think back and I'm like whatever...

Never met this guy in person, been talking to him for awhile from Elderscrolls online and Destiny and I have always been nice....TOO nice actually and with warframe I just recently bought him a NIDUS for the tennobaum. Don't really have any friends in real like cause so busy with college so I actually consider this guy an actual friend.

Do you think he is reacting this way cause he may not be able to afford it or something else? I am not going to assume his financial situation but dang this guy made me feel dumb as hell. 

What do you think? What should I do?

giphy.gif

Your "friend" can't control how you want to spend your own money. Too bad he's losing sleep over that thought XD

Quick edit: Don't let him get to you. You're supporting a great game, and again, it's your own money. Don't let people like that try to control what you want and don't want. They're just blowing hot air because they don't understand. 

Edited by FashionFrame

Don't overthink it, obviously it's your money and I'm almost certain that he did nothing to work towards the funds used to buy the prime access pack. If he thinks it is pointless, that's his issue, not yours. Enjoy what you enjoy and just have fun doing what you love, besides... Fasionframe is endgame.

You can't farm the cosmetics though, so he's not 100% correct there.

But still, as long as you didn't put yourself in a hole for the PA, then you're good. Maybe to him, droping $100+ is way too much (i personally see it that way too tbh), but standards differs, who am i to judge. It's a virtual thing, its value is how you see fit. :clem:

Also, don't be too nice, people will F*** you over because of that.

The only way to get the Prime Accessories is through Prime access. Do you enjoy the game? Enought to spend the $$$ to show your appreciation and gain exclusive items? I know you already said you did so where's the problem?

If you want to get exclusive items and work towards the frame/weapon(s) buy the Prime Accessory Pack. If you want the bonus Plat and all that comes with it (Glyphs, accessories, etc.) Then buy one of the other 3 packs.

Your money and your way of showing appreciation aside from heading to London Ontario and buying them all pizza.

1 minute ago, Hosanin said:

The only way to get the Prime Accessories is through Prime access. Do you enjoy the game? Enought to spend the $$$ to show your appreciation and gain exclusive items? I know you already said you did so where's the problem?

If you want to get exclusive items and work towards the frame/weapon(s) buy the Prime Accessory Pack. If you want the bonus Plat and all that comes with it (Glyphs, accessories, etc.) Then buy one of the other 3 packs.

Your money and your way of showing appreciation aside from heading to London Ontario and buying them all pizza.

I would totally do that if i had the money, i figure they'd enjoy a nice pizza and a brew (or 20)

Your "friend" is a F2P player. The F2P perspective about Prime Access is why pay $$$ when you can farm or pay in :platinum:

The Prime Accessories, on the other hand, isn't negotiable.

If you like to support DE and WF, buy both (which you did), but I would buy the Accessories and use that plat to buy the Prime frame and weapons.

5 minutes ago, (PS4)watt4hem said:

You can't farm the cosmetics though, so he's not 100% correct there.

But still, as long as you didn't put yourself in a hole for the PA, then you're good. Maybe to him, droping $100+ is way too much (i personally see it that way too tbh), but standards differs, who am i to judge. It's a virtual thing, its value is how you see fit. :clem:

Also, don't be too nice, people will F*** you over because of that.

I'm starting to learn that the hard way I guess...

2 minutes ago, GrazewoundZero said:

It's your choice.

I bought the Hydroid Prime AP, then used the plat to purchase mods and other prime sets from players. I'll be doing the same for the Banshee Prime release.

:meridian:

*cough*Mirage*cough*

on topic its your money so you decide what you want to do with it i tots bought the hydriod pack tho

8 minutes ago, (PS4)A_SimpleName said:

Your "friend" is a F2P player. The F2P perspective about Prime Access is why pay $$$ when you can farm or pay in :platinum:

The Prime Accessories, on the other hand, isn't negotiable.

If you like to support DE and WF, buy both (which you did), but I would buy the Accessories and use that plat to buy the Prime frame and weapons.

Hmm, that's a good tactic, I didn't think of that actually!

Цитата

Well that bothered me cause I feel like this is my hobby and 139 bucks is a lot yea but how ELSE are we gonna keep the people at DE paid?

Tennogen exist and boosters exist fo example. Both benefit you, in case of boosters greatly while this - doesn't really. And both pa and p accessories are grossly overpriced. I bought one accessories pack and I still feel kinda s-ty. Sure it looks *better* than regualr cosmetics but 40$ is just *too much* for cosmetics. 20$ for just accessories would've been more than fair but not this. So I doubt I will ever repeat this unless someone will gift me 50$ as a birthday present like last time.

On the one hand yea 140$ is a ***load of money, it's 2-3 complete aaa games depending on the country you're in. On the other hand, it's your money. If someone would told me he bought something like this I'd thought he's both crazy and rich but I wouldn't feel one way or another. You wanna be crazy go ahead, why judge?