Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Plains of Eidolon: Mirage Prime 22.7.0

[DE]Megan

On 12/12/2017 at 7:57 PM, [DE]Megan said:

*Missed Note:

The Warframe launcher will now automatically Optimize if your cache has over half a gig of wasted space. This not only rids you of wasted space but also improves load times!

Very nice, thanks. I like when you actually make stuff work (especially for older toasters) not just put new stuff in, just to "deliver something". :)

5 hours ago, Forsaken. said:

Very nice, thanks. I like when you actually make stuff work (especially for older toasters) not just put new stuff in, just to "deliver something". :)

This was not needed cause you could ALREADY optimize your download cache before.

But you also had the OPTION to not do it.

It worked fine before

Now you don't now its forced upon everyone. And this process does more harm than good on some systems with little to no benefits.

How is this better?

The optimizing cache option was always there but now its forced instead being optional like before...

I really fail to understand how is this better than it was before.

when is fishing going to be fixed, dye works barely at all, maybe 1st time u put it in then wont work anymore, wont work after host migration, wont work when others load into plains, wont work after others leave squad, wont work after teralysts, bait barely works at all anymore, might work might not, fishing in hot spots with dye and bait = 0 most of the time as of this update, at this point in time unless u feel like wasting dyes and only fishing common fish its absolutely pointless

5 hours ago, xXHobbitXx said:

when is fishing going to be fixed, dye works barely at all, maybe 1st time u put it in then wont work anymore, wont work after host migration, wont work when others load into plains, wont work after others leave squad, wont work after teralysts, bait barely works at all anymore, might work might not, fishing in hot spots with dye and bait = 0 most of the time as of this update, at this point in time unless u feel like wasting dyes and only fishing common fish its absolutely pointless

Agree. First fishing time for some weeks yesterday, dye didnt work at all. 

On 12/17/2017 at 7:52 PM, Lythael said:

How is this better?

The optimizing cache option was always there but now its forced instead being optional like before...

I really fail to understand how is this better than it was before.

Well let's start with me not knowing how their download cache worked in the first place, or i would spam that optimize button every 10 MB of download.

But now it's you even don't need to care they do it for ya, it sucks for SSD users but. I like it. 

3 hours ago, Forsaken. said:

Well let's start with me not knowing how their download cache worked in the first place, or i would spam that optimize button every 10 MB of download.

But now it's you even don't need to care they do it for ya, it sucks for SSD users but. I like it. 

LOL why would you even spam it that often unless your intention was to kill your drive faster.

Ok nevermind everyone has their little quirks...

Point is this should STILL be optional for everyone else that don't need or want to use it i mean how hard is it to make tick Automatic Cache Optimizing ON/OFF option geez.

Especially if this thing does more harm for some users as seen in comments (me included) than good with little to no benefit (yay i gained 2GB free space out of 212GB free .. it only took 2 hours , frozen my PC twice and the ingame loading times are same as before 0 difference... hooraay!)

20 часов назад, Lythael сказал:

LOL why would you even spam it that often unless your intention was to kill your drive faster.

Point is this should STILL be optional for everyone else that don't need or want to use it i mean how hard is it to make tick Automatic Cache Optimizing ON/OFF option geez.

Especially if this thing does more harm for some users as seen in comments (me included) than good with little to no benefit (yay i gained 2GB free space out of 212GB free .. it only took 2 hours , frozen my PC twice and the ingame loading times are same as before 0 difference... hooraay!)

In their opinion, they did everything perfectly, so they do not care about reality. If they were worried about this very serious problem - they would have corrected it a week ago. But no.

On 12/19/2017 at 2:22 PM, Lythael said:

Well you may not realize the difference between 110-120 fps but since the last update i get up to 32 fps with weather in plains before max was 29. Like for the "make it work on toasters" i'm all in, since it's a real pain to play warframe on those. With all the latest updates after plains i had to tweak alot to run warframe as normal as possible, and for me at least i see difference in loading times. But everyones setup is different that is true and also +1 for make it possible to turn off. All i said is for me it works, and i notice just a slight better difference on my brick. For ppl that use SSD or something it may be worse. I was just explaining my case and how i like what they did for the lower end spectrum that i belong to.

2 hours ago, Forsaken. said:

Well you may not realize the difference between 110-120 fps but since the last update i get up to 32 fps with weather in plains before max was 29. Like for the "make it work on toasters" i'm all in, since it's a real pain to play warframe on those. With all the latest updates after plains i had to tweak alot to run warframe as normal as possible, and for me at least i see difference in loading times. But everyones setup is different that is true and also +1 for make it possible to turn off. All i said is for me it works, and i notice just a slight better difference on my brick. For ppl that use SSD or something it may be worse. I was just explaining my case and how i like what they did for the lower end spectrum that i belong to.

Hey don't get me wrong i have a Brick too.. but Optimizing cache does jack *** for me and takes way too long.

My fps is around 60-50 even in Plains depending on intensity loading times vary but they are pretty quick

After Optimizing my warframe just stutters more unless i restart the PC and there is no difference load times or fps i have a hard drive btw its still awful for hard drive users depending on the type of HDD you use

Not every brick responds the same to this so yea like i said it should be optional

1 час назад, kyori сказал:

Hopefully the update is not dropped on Friday else everyone will have to live with the bugs for a while next week because DE not working whole of next week. 

Lol. Other people thought similarly, the previous week. Do you see fixes or apologies from DE? Heh. Make a conclusion.

16 hours ago, Lythael said:

Hey don't get me wrong i have a Brick too.. but Optimizing cache does jack *** for me and takes way too long.

My fps is around 60-50 even in Plains depending on intensity loading times vary but they are pretty quick

After Optimizing my warframe just stutters more unless i restart the PC and there is no difference load times or fps i have a hard drive btw its still awful for hard drive users depending on the type of HDD you use

Not every brick responds the same to this so yea like i said it should be optional

Well i had to buy a new hard drive get a pirated win 7 dubbed light, turn off everything so it looks as in 98 and after all that pain game works. If i had an personal opinion on how they should do it, there would be no launcher only normal steam stuff like let steam manage the files. It's not to good but still does the job for all my other games. Warframe launcher is kinda weird sometimes. But guess their game their ways :( So long i notice any changes that benefit me i try to tap them on the shoulders :)

@[DE]MeganWith Mirage Prime release this is subject is more important to me than ever. Mirage doesn't work out in the Plains of Eidolon like she does in every other level. Her Eclipse isn't any where near as adaptable on the plains because of the blanket lighting affects on the Plains of Eidolon. If your listening DE please help me and my fellow Tenno get back our queen of battle field adaptability. This post highlights the lighting problems on the plains, and gives a balanced solution to this problem I believe. 

Please notice me DE senpai, because I am desperate for Mirage to be great on the plains as she is everywhere else. I also worry for her, as if this is a problem in the plains this problem will only continue to grow as you create future open world content.

Archived