The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Why players call nezha a him if shes a female frame?

X_ShadOWSnipAAR_X

From the Wiki...

http://warframe.wikia.com/wiki/Nezha

In Chinese folklore, Nezha is known as a protection deity and is the third son of Li Jing. He is also known by his title of "Third Lotus Prince", which was bestowed on him following his deification, and his Taoist name of "Marshal of the Central Altar".

• The Warframe's androgynous appearance is a nod to the deity's youthful appearance, which belied his reputation as a trickster. To clear out any confusion regarding this, Digital Extremes has stated that the Warframe is male. [1]

Gerade eben schrieb X_ShadOWSnipAAR_X:

As far as I'm concerned nezha is a female frame so why people call her a "him" ? And if I'm wrong please correct me

Wanna go by the "obvious" things first?

-No Breasts

-Flat rear

-Generally a male-ish body shape

Also, cut from the wiki:

"This is Nezha, the protector, the quick.

Feel the heat, Tenno. Nezha is a burning thing, and he makes a fiery ring."

Get ya' eyes checked.

33 minutes ago, o0Despair0o said:

-No Breasts

-Flat rear

Also, cut from the wiki:

Get ya' eyes checked.

Omg that rhyme is stupid lol xD 

So, try this:

No animation set, just have him stand up straight. Completely ignore the head ribbons and really just look at the outline of the frame, the set from shoulders to waist, the set of the legs.

Female? Really?

What you’re saying here is that all a man needs to fool you into thinking he’s a woman is to shave and put a pair of big long flowy ribbons in his hair.

Edited by BornWithTeeth

39 minutes ago, o0Despair0o said:

-No Breasts

-Flat rear

Also, cut from the wiki:

Get ya' eyes checked.

Tbh there's plenty of women who fit that description as well. Especially if they haven't gone through puberty. 

Just now, (PS4)daveoncode said:

WHAT?! (I always considered Nezha a female)

so... if he's a male, he's definitely gay considering his outfit and movements :D

Gender presentation and sexuality are independent things. Some of the most effeminate men I've known were straight and the two most manly guys I've know were gay. 

Just now, BornWithTeeth said:

So, try this:

No animation set, just have him stand up straight. Completely ignore the head ribbons and really just look at the outline of the frame, the set from shoulders to waist, the set of the legs.

Female? Really?

This is irrelevant, humans come in all shapes and sizes.

Just now, The_Mustachio said:

Wait, frames have genders? As in they can reproduce?

They have gender but not sexes. They're two different things. 

Hey all,

I am just leaving this note here to let you know I have locked up the thread. First and foremost because the OP's question was answered immediately as Nezha is indeed a male frame. I also want to remind everyone here that, although you may think they are funny or maybe you don't actually think about this too deeply, the language we use to describe bodies that may be different than our own has impact. This is to say that certain terms, often thrown around flippantly here, are actually harmful to people who live different lives. I think this is something that is important to be mindful of, as @Sapphic-Sandra said, "humans come in all shapes and sizes." I don't want to belabour this point more than I need to, but please just keep that in mind.

[DE]Aidan