Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Losing interest; Plat impossible

(XBOX)PredakingXYT

1 hour ago, Acos said:

This didn't need a bunch of replies after the first. Use warframe.market and go live the platinum life. 

Whenever this subject comes up, I see PC players swarm in and recommend Warframe.Market. Thing is, there's almost no buy-in from console users on that service.

Spoiler

GWqaiBj.png

I was hoping the overhaul would bring in a lot of console users, and advertised the hell out of it. But most players are reluctant to use two or three platforms simultaneously to play a game. Which means aggressive traders have no use for the service. Even console moderators and celebs have very low rep scores.

By all means, continue to push it. The more people use it, the better. But do realize that it takes many times longer to make a sale on WF.M for console users than PC users. If they make a sale at all.

1 hour ago, Acos said:

This didn't need a bunch of replies after the first. Use warframe.market and go live the platinum life. 

User is on Xbox, so many console players don't actually understand the site. I've talked to many who've went there, and didn't know console players could use it and/or couldn't figure out HOW to use it.

Players on console also tend to post and then never reply, or go and remove the item once it did sell. It's nice for my PC acct, but on console, meh.

Console market is also really tough. Begging has gotten horrible, prices for the most part are ridiculously low. A lot of console players don't have plat and never will, there's more kids, more economically challenged, and many also look at anything ftp or not a $60 title as an inferior game or scam.

I mean players were whining constantly that Mirage Prime was selling for 175 the day of release. Most were saying anything over 50 was a scam. They'll pay $20 for the new D2 crap dlc, but $2 for a new frame is absurd apparently. I mean even in chat right now as I type there's ppl complaining how much of a scam WF is... smh

All that said, to the above poster, you can make plat, but there's a lot of things you need to learn that ppl here have posted. Also, consoles get special bundles. For $8-$20 you can get some cosmetics/weapons/gear plus plat. They're great deals..

4 hours ago, Beartornado said:

Also I should contribute to that fact by answering your question above: you should be able to go to any of the relays regardless of whether or not the void trader is present (I think) and head to the center of the relay just past the Rhino statue. Turn right and there should be a console on the left of that bridge where you can sell prime parts for Ducats, which is the currency you need to buy things from the void trader. This is typically a better investment on prime parts that would only get you 5 plat or perhaps even less depending on how common they are as they would be rather hard to sell and not worth the time invested to find a buyer. 

4 hours ago, GinKenshin said:

when you have parts from the newest prime access (in this case, mirage prime), even the common parts can be sold for a fair amount of plat. that's only during the first week or so though

you go to any relay, in the rhino statute room, there's a console directly at the right/left of the statue, you can exchange you prime parts for ducats there 

the basic idea is you sell the very common prime parts to people who want ducats so they can trade them for ducats. usually the conversion is 5:5p or 5:10p

(Addressing both posts)

The plan is now to trade in the Prime parts that people may or many not want for the Ducats that they will want, right ? I'll try it, That end game-y stuff won't be doing me any good for a while anyways.

3 hours ago, (Xbox One)PredakingXYT said:

(Addressing both posts)

The plan is now to trade in the Prime parts that people may or many not want for the Ducats that they will want, right ? I'll try it, That end game-y stuff won't be doing me any good for a while anyways.

Nonononononononoooo!  Wait wait wait!

Once you trade parts in for Ducats, they're yours forever; can't trade them.  You want to trade the parts to the players because those players want to trade them for Ducats.

Edited by (PS4)Unstar
clarity

11 hours ago, (Xbox One)PredakingXYT said:

I just can't seem to find anyone willing to trade with me, I've tried for hours over many days, I typed in the WTS, WTT, WTT(F), said that I will trade what I have for plat. Nobody approaches me, I have 3 warframe slots and no plat to buy anymore, I have Nyx building, Oberon on his way, plus all the Dojo warframes ready to be built, but whats the point if I can't use them ? I am getting bored only being able to use the same old things, this premium currency is a poor mechanic. There is little I can do in this game when half the quests revolve around getting new frames but I can't do anything with them. Why is it that everyone else thinks plat is easy to come by ? I ahve parts for Mirage, Nekros, Valkyr, Silva/Aegis, none of that appeals to anybody for plat

This is your answer:

11 hours ago, motorfirebox said:

Try listing on warframe.market.

9 hours ago, (Xbox One)PredakingXYT said:

So how does that work exactly,

I have 3 Prime weapons bluetprints (Braton, Paris, Silva/Aegis) Along with Valkyr and her Systems, nekros Chassis and systems, and Mirage neuroptics and Chassis (all prime blueprints) Do I just go the the void trader ?

P.S, thanks for everyone giving ideas, I love the game but I fell like the game is notorious for its mechanics being explained in little detail.

As for this:
What he is suggesting is you wait for Baro, because when he comes there will be a lot of ppl looking for "Prime Trash" to buy so they can sell it to the Void Trading console for Ducats. You don't need to visit the trader himself.

Prime Trash Includes all parts of the following items:
Braton Prime
Burston Prime
Paris Prime
AkBronco Prime
Bronco Prime
Lex Prime
Fang Prime
Orthos Prime
and any other bronze items you have an abundance of.

You can just say WTS Prime Trash 5 for 15P or something.

Edited by Carnage2K4

10 hours ago, (Xbox One)PredakingXYT said:

So how does that work exactly,.

anything that isnt either vaulted or super new item is considered trash and wont probably sell even for 1:platinum:... so you wait for Baro Kitears arrival and you sell bundles of 5-10 prime items for 5-10 plat ... all these items will be turned into ducats and noone will shed a tear but its nice way how to get plat and how to get rid of prime items noone wants

consoles do not have discount coupons for plat like pc, therefor there is less overall plat available to trade, so im guessing people really think 5-6 times befor thinking about giving out some plat to someonae.

join the PC version, sure you'll have to start over, but there is more platinum and more selling options since alot of people get 75% off atleast once a month.

hell, i have spare plat i wont mind to give for free, with all those prime access and 75% off, and the fact tennogen costing real money insted of plat on PC >.< (btw, do not use this message as excuse to ask me for free plat)

15 часов назад, (Xbox One)PredakingXYT сказал:

I just can't seem to find anyone willing to trade with me, I've tried for hours over many days, I typed in the WTS, WTT, WTT(F), said that I will trade what I have for plat.

Sorry to say, but you will loose even more interrest in  trade, when admins will take your plat...
Just like that:

Edited by CruelCult

2 hours ago, BloodKitten said:

consoles do not have discount coupons for plat like pc, therefor there is less overall plat available to trade, so im guessing people really think 5-6 times befor thinking about giving out some plat to someonae.

join the PC version, sure you'll have to start over, but there is more platinum and more selling options since alot of people get 75% off atleast once a month.

hell, i have spare plat i wont mind to give for free, with all those prime access and 75% off, and the fact tennogen costing real money insted of plat on PC >.< (btw, do not use this message as excuse to ask me for free plat)

Can I have free plat?

18 hours ago, MechaTails said:

First, my message for everyone else, don't use the in-game Trade chat for trading, it's strictly for selling and making plat. It shouldn't be that way but that's the reality. The prices are purposely overinflated and people there have the bartering and social skills of a 5 year old. Use the Trade forum here for trading. You can neatly organize what you have for sale and people can even easily search for stuff.

Back to the topic here, if you want to make plat you're going to have to dedicate some time to farming sought after items, as well as be willing to undercut others. I undercut EVERYBODY, and I'm rarely wanting for plat.

Don't be stubborn. Don't lose a customer just because you absolutely want 100P for something but their max offer is 85P. Just take the deal. You'll make more plat easier later as you unlock warframes and gear that let you farm easier.

Be reasonable. When you see someone asking for a Furax Riven, don't tell them you want 90P. Screw that. No one likes the weapon and the rivens for it are essentially coasters. It's useless to 99% of the players, there's almost zero demand for it. Asking 20P to 30P for a sort of hard to get item that would otherwise just be more garbage in your inventory sounds about right.

Put your asking price in the message. As a buyer, when I don't see an asking price I automatically assume you're trying to rip me off so I won't contact you.

Also, you have to understand that people browsing the Trade chat are generally Sellers, not Buyers. You're going to have to do a lot of spamming to hopefully reach the stray buyer that might be interested in your item. Luckily "WTB" are easy to spot among the "WTS" prefixes, so keep your eyes peeled.

Like someone said before, Sindicate items are a good way to make plat too. People regularly buy the augments for like 5 to 10p. The special weapons can be like 20-50P. Plus, you can also buy relic packs with Sindicate standing, giving you chances at farming rarer items.

To be fair I tend not to put a price down because coming from a business background, all my plat trades are negotiated,  if some one is asking for 200 i can normally get it for lower like 180 and I throw in a item for extra so they can sell that for plat but sadly yes it is hard when the trade chat have social skills of a 5 year old it frustrates me to no end 

Edited by (XB1)EX NEVEC EDN 3

I rarely sell items anymore, I simply buy. However, as a buyer, I will say that I will not even PM anyone that does not put a price next to their wares in trade chat, or puts in something like PMO. I am one of those that does not like to barter (which I'm betting is a larger percent of the player base than most would imagine). If I think the price is fair, I will PM saying "I will buy [xxxx] for xxx P". If I don't get a response within 5 mins, I move on.

When looking for something, I tend to set my trade chat to filter to that item. So if item names are not listed, or are spelled incorrectly, I will never see them.

The majority of long-term players (ie, those that have the plat to spend) are usually quite frugal with their plat. They are not going to spend more than is fair on the item. Some exceptions are out there. Like if a player wants a certain mod NOW, they may pay more than most. Though in that case, it's usually a WTB.

My suggestions, of which some have already made:

1) Concise WTS text with a few items, not a wall of text, with a selling price (haggling price set at your discretion). Example: WTS [Item Link] xxp

2) For "Prime Trash", save and have bundles to sell. Wait for the weekends with Baro. People will buy more when there's something good at the trader and they are just short of Ducats.

3) Optional: Set filters in trade chat for what you have for sale and look for WTB offers. Good for days when you're tired, but want to sell some stuff as you drink coffee and eat snacks.

4) Use Warframe Market to keep abreast of going prices. As well as keeping tabs on the Prime Vault. Adjust prices accordingly.

5) Forget Rivens unless you really want headaches and lots of bartering/whining/heated-exchanges. The controversy on Riven prices is....volatile. You can make huge profit if you get lucky and get a very nice Riven for a popular weapon, if you're willing to put up with the stress. Do NOT  call any Riven a "God Riven". This is click-bait most times, and a majority of players will simply ignore these sellers.

6) Set a time limit for your selling. Unless you can deal with all the backlash that comes in Trade Chat from all the immature responses, it wears a person very quickly. Try 15 mins to start, then more if you need/want. If someone does irritate you, simply shut down your sales for a time and come back later. Trading while angry is a very bad idea. You can wind up taking offense at a text where none was meant, and may have good buyers ignoring you in the future if you lash out.

7) If not in a Clan, I highly suggest making one, just so you can set up a Trading Post and make the trades far easier than going to a Relay.

8) End every transaction with a "Thank you" of some sort. It makes for good relations. Especially if you plan on selling throughout your gaming time in Warframe. You'll earn a rep and people will remember that little courtesy.

9) Take a screenshot of your trades. That way if something comes amiss, you can supply Support with a screenshot. Timestamps in your chat help as well, as it lets Support narrow down which logs they need to look into.

10) With #9 above, never use your newly acquired plat right away. If the plat was obtained through shady means by the other player, DE will confiscate that plat. If this drops you to negative plat, you can not log in. Sadly, this is why a few players won't trade with new players, but only those that are higher MR, or have a good amount of play hours, etc, etc. You will never get this plat back, though if you follow #9 and submit a Support ticket, you -may- get your items back.

Warframe is a great game.  However - the chat system, and this includes trading - is absolutely horrible.  I concur with the OP.  I don't want to spend time babysitting stuff I want to sell, AND I don't want to go to some 3RD PARTY website to do it either.  Really, same goes for the wiki too.

DE should have incorporated their own wiki into their website AND should do something with their atrocious chat system.  

8 hours ago, BloodKitten said:

I don't have access to actual numbers regarding the economy, but this is likely not true.  At least on PS4, there are drastic sales on the price of platinum several times a year.  We also get discount coupons that give us savings on items purchased, which keeps more platinum in circulation.

But that said, without real data, it's really hard to say which system has more platinum in.  You'd have to not only take into account sales, but also the percentage of players who buy platinum, how often, how much, as well as how much platinum leaves circulation by being spent on things.  It's really anyone's guess.