Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Chroma Changes that are Needed

Sajochi

Is it that time again? New proposed changes? Frames that have abilities that work well on their own with optional synergy? Sounds like it's time to propose another Chroma update.

But why Chroma? How can I put this that won't get anyone mad in a satisfying way. He's boring, incomplete and filled with inconsistencies. Playing Chroma comes down to a couple basic principles: set buffs; kill stuffs. This is a very binary approach that involves you watching a timer while mowing down mobs with general apathy, especially for a frame that promises adaptive play styles and mastery of elements. My proposed changes will (hopefully) give us a more interesting frame to play as well as (please DE) allow Chroma to fit a wider range of roles.

Let's begin with the passive. Chroma’s energy color determines abilities’ elemental effect. That's it, it's as “passive” a passive can get. It fits thematically and works mechanically, but it can definitely be improved. My proposed change is to give Chroma 4 sub-passives while also defining each element in a certain theme, while placing mechanics that fit into these themes.

• The passives follow what I call the “4 R’s". Heat is Regenerate, Cold is Reinforce, Electric is Retaliate, Toxin is Rampage.

• Passives are based on damaging enemies to gain effects, and ability changes will attempt to trigger passive effects as much as possible. Elemental procs from weapons will also trigger passive effects to really emphasize what kit you take in missions.

• Combined elemental damage (radiation, explosive, etc) counts for passive triggers.

• Chromas still retains energy color = Element*, and his passive will reflect the chosen element. The Fire, Storm, Ice, and Infested Palettes will have the entire pallette give the same element (like octavia’s instruments)

• Heat - Heat based procs inflicted on enemies grants Chroma 1% HP regen per enemy affected over the proc duration. 

• Cold - Cold procs inflicted on enemies gives Chroma a reflective aura that returns damage based on Chroma's Armor, over the duration of the inflicted proc. Damage return slows enemies. 

• Electric - Procs on enemies grants Chroma a reflective Charge that deals damage to attacking enemies, with damage and charges scaling with Chromas Max Shield. (Preparing for the Shield Update). Each charge can retaliate 3 times and stuns enemies. 

• Toxin - Toxin procs increase in damage by 1%/second per enemy over the duration of the proc, with growth scaling with Chromas Max Energy. This caps out at 50% increased damage for Toxin based procs.

* I know the suggestions are usually to allow Chroma to switch elements mid mission, but I'm on the side that feels that's a bad approach and can potentially hinder Chroma’s effectiveness. It gives too much power especially for the proposed changes in this thread.

It may look like a lot but the general idea is that you should be able to find the element that best represents your goals in play. With that taken care of, let's get into updating his kit a bit.

Spectral Scream

• Now a 2 cast ability. Tapping fires a wave of energy forward. Holding fires it horizontally from left to right
  • Wave inflicts a forced emental proc (for passive triggering). Proc damage and duration scales with Strength and Duration

• Wave distance affected by range

• Augment:Afterburn changed to leave behind a patch of energy that inflicts procs over time.

A very simple change to Spectral Scream, it makes the ability reliable in terms of effects and removes the animation lock entirely. I get it's copying the aesthetic of Harrow and Gara but I strongly feel this is the appropriate direction to make Chroma’s 1 actually useful. The idea is to give something that can make Chroma’s passive effects trigger, whether preemptively or at critical moments.

Emental Ward

• Now grants ally your passive effects, with the intensity based on Chroma’s stats. (Refer to passive changes)

• Stat boosts are intact still.

• Aura range for allies is at a fixed 30m.

• Periodically releases a wave of energy over a duration that inflicts status procs. Wave range is affected by Power Range, proc damage is affected by Strength.

• Energy wave only comes from Chroma

• Weapon damage while the ward is up has a chance to inflict your current element as a status proc. Proc chance affected by Power Strength. Affects allies.

• Augment:Everlasting Ward is part of the ability at base. New Augment further enhances the wave with new effects

• Heat - Inflicts Knockdown

• Cold - Freezes enemies

• Electric - Jams guns forcing a reload

• Toxin - Blinds enemies

A lot of changes here for the sake of simplifying EW as much as possible while still retaining some of the charm. By having each element work functionally the same under EW, it makes Chroma easier to Mod for. Low range builds can still support the team with the passive aura, and enemies that get in melee range will be hit with a proc. Again, the changes are to encourage trying different builds without worrying too much on the minor details.

Vex Armour

• Is now a toggled ability

• While active, any damage Chroma takes drains additional energy while granting him an armor and weapon damage buff.

• Buff growth affected by Power Strength and Duration. Energy drained from damage stops when Chroma hits the buff cap.

• When toggled off, Chroma retains the buffs for 10 seconds, affected by Duration, before decaying over a short period of time.

The changes are to hopefully fix some issues Vex Armor has. One being the messy calculation from shield and health damage, and the other how the ability is effectively useless with over shields. By basing buff growth off total incoming damage and having it toggled with energy drains means more control over your buffs. It feels like the most logical approach.

Effigy

Honestly, don't know where to begin here. It technically fits into the other changes already, so there doesn't seem to be any needed change here. Except making it immune to knockback. That's just annoying.

There it is, my proposals to make Chroma more interesting and fun to play. If there is anything I missed or something that can be improved, feel free to share it. If you think Chroma needs the ability to change elements, bring your case too. I still don't think it's  a good idea but I'm open to all opinions.

Edited by Sajochi
Massive Edits to Passive and EW changes

I'd like to see this:

Spoiler

1. Dragon Sentry - 'Effigy'   Energy Cost: 50

• Main changes, replaces energy drain with a health decay on the Sentry. When health reaches zero, returns as the pelt on Chroma and regens Sentry health when worn.
  • Pelt draws aggro and retains 335 base Armor, Chroma has reduced aggro, 15 base armor and 1.15 sprint speed.
  • Guided Effigy Augment should see no changes.
    • Note: Needs 299% Power Strength to reach 1,196 damage, compared to Oberon's Smite, which can reach 1,495 so should be fine with little changes as a 1st ability.

2. Elemental Ward             Energy Cost: 50

• Base Aura Share Range is extended.
  • Augment should remain unchanged.

3. Vex Armor                     Energy Cost: 75

• Adds a tap/hold functionality. Tap allows Chroma to have Vex Armor charge normally when receiving fire as it currently works.
  • Hold allows Chroma to charge Scorn to boost up armor first, by draining Shields, maybe allow Fury to drain health to charge, once Scorn has reached limit.
  • Adds a rate decay when not in active combat dealing and/or receiving damage.

4. Spectral Scream            Energy Cost: 25

• Spectral Scream benefits from some Primary Weapon mods.
  • Could have increased energy drain.
  • Activating when wearing Pelt, the energy Wings allows Chroma to hover, so can do a few new movements.
    • Using Roll causes Chroma to use Wings to cause and stun enemies at a energy cost.
    • Crouch activates a Taunt which attacts enemies to Chroma and away from others.
    • Holding Sprint allows for a Charge at the cost of energy.
  • Activating when Dragon Sentry is active, could make the Sentry's attack ability stronger, grants Chroma the ability to dump lethal damage into the Pelt and increased evasion.
  • Augment should remain unchanged.

Passive: Elemental Alignment, unchanged.

Just to be certain here, your proposal has his second skill have a negative effect with positive duration (longer between pulses), but also has 2 energy drains (his 3 and 4). This would make most people build him for the buffs and not even bother with the waves and makes the augment useless, as building for the augment would make his 3 and 4 cost so much energy they would become unusable (as his energy pool isn't exactly massive). The only exception to this might be a 15% duration build with either an EV trin or a lot of energy pads and the augment to make a Toxin CC build that's more powerful than Excal's Radial Blind. The only problem here being if the blind duration is affected by duration as well, in which case a Fire build would be the only viable one, due to knockdown animations having a set duration in most cases.

Other than that, it seems pretty good. I definitely like the idea of having is element choice give some form of buffs instead of just being a factoid about the frame itself. Also, when combined with the proposed 2, it would make Chroma a very good choice for buffing an Ember, Frost, or Volt, due to them constantly triggering the shared passive.

19 minutes ago, -AoN-CanoLathra- said:

Just to be certain here, your proposal has his second skill have a negative effect with positive duration (longer between pulses), but also has 2 energy drains (his 3 and 4). This would make most people build him for the buffs and not even bother with the waves and makes the augment useless, as building for the augment would make his 3 and 4 cost so much energy they would become unusable (as his energy pool isn't exactly massive). The only exception to this might be a 15% duration build with either an EV trin or a lot of energy pads and the augment to make a Toxin CC build that's more powerful than Excal's Radial Blind. The only problem here being if the blind duration is affected by duration as well, in which case a Fire build would be the only viable one, due to knockdown animations having a set duration in most cases.

Other than that, it seems pretty good. I definitely like the idea of having is element choice give some form of buffs instead of just being a factoid about the frame itself. Also, when combined with the proposed 2, it would make Chroma a very good choice for buffing an Ember, Frost, or Volt, due to them constantly triggering the shared passive.

More or less I'm proposing mechanics. Energy costs and number of pulses over a duration are things that are hard to really guage off hand, where as smaller effects are a bit easier. If these were accepted, EW would probably fair well with a 30 energy cost and 8-10 pulses over a duration.  New proposed augment ideally should have fixed durations to make each element desirable. Vex Armor drain can be easily taken care of with rage builds and toggle drains do scale better with high duration builds. More or less I want the changes to reflect multiple builds. Some might build only for buffs, others might build for procs and others might try to find a middle ground. Right now, Chroma is built for buffs.

And yes, the current passive as an afterthought always bothered me. Plenty of room to improve there. Didn't even consider synergy with the elemental frames. Actually makes me wonder if these changes were accepted letter for letter and how Sayrn would benefit. 

11 minutes ago, Sajochi said:

makes me wonder if these changes were accepted letter for letter and how Sayrn would benefit. 

Saryn would have to work at it, but considering how easily she can spread Toxin procs, she could likely be close to or at cap long before the buff ends (assuming the Chroma built for a decent duration, of course).

Also, does the Toxin passive only affect Toxin procs, or all procs? Because if it affected all DoT procs, it would do a lot for a toxin/slash hybrid Ash build as well.

6 minutes ago, -AoN-CanoLathra- said:

Saryn would have to work at it, but considering how easily she can spread Toxin procs, she could likely be close to or at cap long before the buff ends (assuming the Chroma built for a decent duration, of course).

Also, does the Toxin passive only affect Toxin procs, or all procs? Because if it affected all DoT procs, it would do a lot for a toxin/slash hybrid Ash build as well.

Toxin based, so Toxin, Corrosive, Viral and Gas. If an ability falls under weapon damage, it would gain the chance to proc so exalted weapons would benefit as well as builds mixed with Toxin based procs (toxin sword ash, toxin guns mesa)

Edited by Sajochi

No please no. Dont make his second abilty to a passive. The idea for the first one is good, really good. The concept for the sec ablity is good, but chroma is not a eximus unit, this doesnt sound like a nerf it sounds more like a full removing of his sec ablity now. You vex armor concept is ok to, but i prefere the concept we have now. As a feedback for effigy it would be good if we get any kind of an elemental dmg buff, if we are in its range

1 hour ago, Dark_Roxas said:

No please no. Dont make his second abilty to a passive. The idea for the first one is good, really good. The concept for the sec ablity is good, but chroma is not a eximus unit, this doesnt sound like a nerf it sounds more like a full removing of his sec ablity now. You vex armor concept is ok to, but i prefere the concept we have now. As a feedback for effigy it would be good if we get any kind of an elemental dmg buff, if we are in its range

EW got a lot of problems. Some elements are affected by range, some aren't, some don't even have scaling stats. It all feels very arbitrary. Then the other effects are pretty situational or clear winners. Cold and Electric both reflect damage, but cold has the added benfit if increasing armor. Toxin increases reload and weapon swap speed and that's it. Fire does damage, but it's on a percentage chance you can't increase. It's all a big mess. I seen an opportunity to even out the ability and improve the passive. If you have alternatives or rather keep the same thing, I'm ok with you sharing your reasoning. This is a discussion. 

• 2 weeks later...

Let me just start out with I think the additional bonuses for the elements as a passive is sort of a neat idea then only to lament that it gets entangled in his 2 again. I know that's a slight exaggeration because Chroma has more wide benefit of the passive but his Wards do more for others than it does for him at base. It more or less just waters down Ward for me. Other issues I think will crop up simply because you are butting up against another system outside Chroma, the PROC system. Personally I don't think these ideas make him any more interesting and the old Wards added more playstyle variety.

On ‎12‎/‎19‎/‎2017 at 12:36 PM, Sajochi said:
  • Heat - Heat based procs inflicted on enemies grants Chroma 1% HP regen over 5 seconds that scales with Max HP.

• Cold - The first procs inflicted on enemies within 5 seconds(starts when the first proc hits) grants Chroma a temporary HP shield (Lesser Iron Skin) that scales with Chromas Armor. This shield must be depleted before a new one is applied.(This can definitely be improved, I just don't know how)

• Electric - Procs on enemies grants Chroma a reflective Charge that deals damage to attacking enemies, with damage and charges scaling with Chromas Max Shield. (Preparing for the Shield Update). Each charge can retaliate 3 times.

• Toxin - inflicted procs increase in damage by 1% per proc, with growth scaling with Chromas Max Energy. This caps out at 50% increased damage for Toxin based procs.

Needs to be more fleshed out but it has some interesting points.

• I assume the procs involving heat just refresh the duration of the regen. Is the regen 1%/sec for 5sec (operates similar to Arcane Grace) or 1%/5sec (operates like Zenurik's Energy Pulse)? If it is "per sec" then it might be okay but if it is "over 5secs" 1% is extremely low to be useful for anyone but the high health/DR tanks (the ones that likely need it the least) when we extend it to Ward later. Chroma (and the average frame) has 300 health without vitality so with 1% over 5ec you get 0.6health/sec and even with vitality you sport only a 1.5health/sec regen. Despite how simple it would be to keep up the regen it will provide to little support as scenarios get rougher the higher you go (the ghoul event has those poison clouds that do easy double the effectiveness this regen provides on most frames even on the easy bounty).
  • I think this will be problematic due to how you want it to function. It is definitely worse that the armor DR you would get from non-reworked Ward because its slightly uncontrollable. You would want to wait for your cold related procs for a healthy amount of enemies to get the most out of this since you cant refresh. It will either be too powerful based on how much a barrier you get per proc or not enough because you need more procs. It sounds a lot like Frost Avalanche augment without the refresh otherwise but without the energy balance. Honestly it might be simpler to have it function like overshields but for health and have the procs provide small flat increases to your barrier total with some TBD cap but becomes refreshable. You build it up overtime but only can be so high due to a cap and it has a tipping point with how much of a punishment you take as far as getting procs under fire. I suppose what I am saying is it functions a lot like Harrows 1 but with procs.
  • Are these retaliation charges similar to the non-reworked Ward function? The appeal of elec ward was that it amped the damage taken (by a lot if you built it that way) resulting in a elec proc that dealt 50% of that damage to a few more enemies near-by and a stun. What kind of damage are we looking at the way you set it up? Is this mostly for CC?
  • It sounds interesting though is there a decay function to the stacks? Also does this just affect Gas and Toxin DoT or do you mean it increases the damage occurred on the hit of the proc? Procs in general don't deal damage as they accompany an instance of damage where part of that damage is from the resulting damage type. As in Viral Procs don't deal damage they just accompany damage then reduce the enemy max health.

Honestly depending on some clarification this just shifts the usefulness Chroma's elemental hierarchy: Heat, Toxin, Cold, then Elec.

Spectral Scream

• No longer a toggled ability. Instead it fires a wave of elemental energy in a cone. Think Harrows 1.

• Wave inflicts a forced emental proc (for passive triggering). Proc damage and duration scales with Strength and Duration

• Cone length and width affected by power range. Wave speed is fixed.

• Augment:Afterburn changed to leave behind a patch of energy that inflicts procs over time.

A very simple change to Spectral Scream, it makes the ability reliable in terms of effects and removes the animation lock entirely. I get it's copying the aesthetic of Harrow but I strongly feel this is the appropriate direction to make Chroma’s 1 actually useful. The idea is to give something that can make Chroma’s passive effects trigger, whether preemptively or at critical moments.

Sounds more like Frost's Ice Wave than Harrow's Condemn. The augment also sounds more like a multi-elemental (depending on choice) Ice Wave Impedance augment. The most interesting point is that it would affect Proc damage based on Str and Dur. The same question comes up though for damage, does this just affect Heat and Toxin DoT? I suppose it could increase the chain damage ratio on Elec and the slow percentage on Cold. That being said this power was designed more to just proc, correct? As a first power it likely wont get real high numbers for scaling pulling down its usefulness as damage. It might not be necessary to try to boost the effectiveness of the procs in that case. Saryn has her passive to increase status duration which this power stomps all over depending on how much it scales with duration. Otherwise there are not many powers that directly affect proc duration (I can only really think of is Loki's Irradiating Disarm). Generally powers with procs just defer to the base PROC system for all of its values (generally 6sec and 50% effective active debuffs or damage ratios) with some exceptions (like I believe Ash and Ember can get 100% damage to DoT ratios). With that Toxin Scream needs a looking at because toxin procs can stack except in a few cases (like non-rework Toxin Ward) but that also blocks further toxin stacking from other sources (unless they changed/fixed that). Toxin could be really powerful if it can stack or in the way (particularly for Saryn) depending on how it goes. Heat Scream suffers similar problems as heat procs refresh durations but not overwrite existing damage totals.

Emental Ward

Before I get into this, a little disclaimer. The following is going to look like a nerf. It involves a lot of changes to make the ability fit a support mindset and requires removing the active stat gains from the elements. If this seems like too much, it can be openly discussed in this thread but please try to remain constructive and civilized.

• Now grants ally your passive effects, with the intensity based on Chroma’s stats. (Refer to passive changes)

• Aura range for allies is at a fixed 30m.

• Periodically releases a wave of energy over a duration that inflicts status procs. Wave range is affected by Power Range, proc damage is affected by Strength. Time between waves affected by Duration.

• Energy wave only comes from Chroma

• Weapon damage while the ward is up has a chance to inflict your current element as a status proc. Proc chance affected by Power Strength. Affects allies.

• Augment:Everlasting Ward is part of the ability at base. New Augment further enhances the wave with new effects

• Heat - Inflicts Knockdown

• Cold - Freezes enemies

• Electric - Jams guns forcing a reload

• Toxin - Blinds enemies

A lot of changes here for the sake of simplifying EW as much as possible while still retaining some of the charm. Although it loses the stat buffs and active affects, it gains an overall usage buff. By having each element work functionally the same under EW, it makes Chroma easier to Mod for. Low range builds can still support the team with the passive aura, and enemies that get in melee range will be hit with a proc. Low duration can release a pulsing proc party to keep the passive effects running. Again, the changes are to encourage trying different builds without worrying too much on the minor details.

Now Elemental Ward in this incarnation is a mess. It's main purpose is to bestow your passive to others. It pretty much provides nothing else for you until you add the augment when it can get questionably overpowered. There isn't much a reason to have a fixed aura range if the Everlasting Ward augment's old purpose gets rolled into the base ability. You can just run over people to give them the buff. The new effect that goes to Chroma is this wave mechanic but it runs into the PROC system again. How much damage we looking at? What is the number count on the waves per cast? How long you want the base duration? It can get in the way other procs and his 1 overshadows the need for it. It seems more like a vehicle for the augment. Since you gave the option of neg duration waves that must mean there is a set number of waves in a cast of Ward. We looking at 4 like Trinity? How long is the Frozen and Blind duration? Do they require line of sight? Moderate durations and wave windows can make this an extremely power ability. Finally, I can understand you wanting to add elemental procs to the ward for allies to make sure they benefit from the buff but you need to be careful not force that onto others builds. I don't believe the PROC system allows for 2 different procs to occur at the same time. Maybe they have a Gas/Toxin/Heat/Slash build and they don't want your cold procs.

Vex Armour

• Is now a toggled ability

• While active, any damage Chroma takes drains additional energy while granting him an armor and weapon damage buff.

• Buff growth affected by Power Strength and Duration. Energy drained from damage stops when Chroma hits the buff cap.

• When toggled off, Chroma retains the buffs for 10 seconds, affected by Duration, before decaying over a short period of time.

The changes are to hopefully fix some issues Vex Armor has. One being the messy calculation from shield and health damage, and the other how the ability is effectively useless with over shields. By basing buff growth off total incoming damage and having it toggled with energy drains means more control over your buffs. It feels like the most logical approach.

Part of the balance of Vex comes from the fact the duration would expire eventually meaning you needed to reapply the risk (I understand there is a certain rampancy with self-damage circumventing the full risk). As a toggle, does it have a base drain with an extra drain on being damaged or does it function like Equinox's Provoke where the drain only occurs on the meeting of the condition? If it only drains on hit then Trinity and Harrow probably still have their powers affect you giving you energy, there is Zenurik too. How big is the drain on hit? If it is not large enough there isn't a lot of reason to ever drop Vex especially if there is no base drain. Also when you do happen to toggle it off lets say it is because you ran out of energy, if you toggle it back on while you still retain your Vex do you get to keep Vex still? There is just lots of variables running around in the balancing of this. It appears in theory to perform better in squad play than if you play solo. Depending on a few decisions I could see them lowering the caps as a result of the stability/reliability of power. Then there is the energy economy interactions with Effigy.

* I know the suggestions are usually to allow Chroma to switch elements mid mission, but I'm on the side that feels that's a bad approach and can potentially hinder Chroma’s effectiveness. It gives too much power especially for the proposed changes in this thread.

I am more interested is your reasoning for thinking it would hinder his effectiveness. Does it really give too much power? Assuming that he can only have one of his elemental buffs at a time (you already cant stack Elemental Ward) being able to shift only opens him up. Even your ideas of adding a direct healing mechanic doesn't particularly make him more powerful than he already is. Nidus does all of this (he almost encompasses Heat, Cold and Toxin of your suggestions) at the same time. Vex makes him powerful and it is the same for every element he has.

@ZodiacShinryu Brings up a lot of points I thought of here and I'm in agreement with some of his criticisms. Specific numbers and values can be tweaked and aren't too key though.

The Passive: I do think the passive is in the right direction for sure, some details do need to be clarified but I think it's very likely

On 12/31/2017 at 3:12 PM, ZodiacShinryu said:

1%/sec for 5sec

is the intended case for the heat proc. 1% over 5secs even with multiple procs seems too obviously weak. Regardless of how it's integrated exactly,

On 12/19/2017 at 11:36 AM, Sajochi said:

Heat is Regenerate, Cold is Reinforce, Electric is Retaliate, Toxin is Rampage.

is what I'd like to see from his passive (and probably through procs). Hopefully when procs get changed in damage 3.0 so that the " heat procs refresh durations but not overwrite existing damage totals" &  "the PROC system [not allowing] for 2 different procs to occur at the same time " sort of problems get ironed out. Adding procs should always benefit not be a detriment. (which is part why damage reduction on puncture is really bad, a bit off topic though).

Possibly heat could also function like healing return on melee. Which could work well with Effigy and Spectral Scream.
Cold adding a health shield I don't think makes sense, I think adding total health up to a point makes more sense especially paired with Chroma's potential Armour.
Elec I think should be proccing the enemy that attacked and arc to enemies within 5m or the nearest 5 enemies or something (if that's not what you were already saying). I think this one actually sound quite good though.
Toxin also seems good to me.  " Viral Procs don't deal damage they just accompany damage then reduce the enemy max health. " Potentially this could have a pretty significant effect on Viral because the % of reduced health could jump from 50% to (*1.5 on 50% max increase) 75% health reduction per viral status applied.  Same thing with Corrosive stripping another 50% more armor. All that being said I think this is just for the toxin procs. Which is still actually lots of damage, given you have lots of procs and have removed some level of armor.

The Abilities: Personally I'm much more in favour of simpler, smaller changes, honestly.
Spectral Scream: Keep as a toggle, but:

• Movement is 100% normal speed and cone blasts out in front of Chroma regardless of what he's doing. Only having a short startup animation
  • weapons are probably also available as normal
  • Damage increases over time as Channeled, Energy Drain may also increase over time or
    • possibly by number of procs inflicted by Scream up to a max maintaining energy drain over time
    • Applies to Effigy as described below

The wave idea could work too I'm just more in favour of avoiding a second Ice Wave like ability.

Elemental Ward: I think it should remain relatively unchanged to what's currently in game personally, only (maybe) adding:

• More range which it applies to allies, or having similar mechanics to Mesa's Shooting Gallery by jumping between allies, but for a longer % of EW's duration instead, and having periods of overlap.
  • Possibly releasing a wave every 10ish? seconds giving a proc to enemies within the range that panics, slows, stuns, or adds toxin. Damage and DoT that scales depending on number of enemies within range, more enemies = more damage. Maybe only while Vex Armor, Spectral Scream, or Effigy is active or something

Vex Armor: also stays the same as is currently in game, I think pretty much completely

Effigy: Yes to knockback fix, also Damage boost that scales as Spectral Scream is active. As long as Spectral Scream is scaling and active the same damage gains are added to Effigy. EW also gives effects to Effigy.

• 2 weeks later...

After taking into consideration the criticism given, and with a little help from @(PS4)Crixus044 with an explanation of how elemental procs work, I changed the passive explanations for Heat, Cold and Toxin and returned the stat boosts for EW, while removing wave time scaling with duration. Thanks to everyone for pointing out those. I was afraid of it all seeming to strong and undershot.

Spreads the effects of elemental choice to almost all of his kit, rather than just EW. +10 perfect

Attempts to give a solid, defined role behind each element. +9 very good

Makes spectral scream inherently useful, without making it some absurd exhalted weapon or something. +9 very good

Gives him a passive to appease the "He doesn't have a REAL passive" crowd, but makes it a centerfold of his kit, rather than just a random buff. +7 nice

Makes Vex armor more reasonable to those who dislike recasting. +5 okay

Doesn't suggest letting Chroma change element mid-mission. +11 Godlike

Doesn't suggest letting Chroma Fly. +11 Godlike

Adds in the idea that Chroma has to rain fire on enemies to get his buffs, befitting of a dragon +8 pleasant surprise

Removes the period of vulnerability between Vex armor casts. -5 uncomfortable

Leaves Effigy mostly untouched, when it is also fairly lackluster. -2 trivial

Worried he'll have too much access to damage, with Vex being a toggle, and the new passives giving more damage on procs than before. -6 lightly concerning.

Best chroma rework I've seen. Great ideas.

I'm debating how well I think the roles of each element fit, but overall they at least work for Chroma. Sustain, Tank(CC), reflect, and raw damage.

I'd almost say Toxin should be Regen, though, with Medicinal Toxin's being a thing and all.

On 1/11/2018 at 2:00 AM, chainchompguy3 said:

Spreads the effects of elemental choice to almost all of his kit, rather than just EW. +10 perfect

Attempts to give a solid, defined role behind each element. +9 very good

Makes spectral scream inherently useful, without making it some absurd exhalted weapon or something. +9 very good

Gives him a passive to appease the "He doesn't have a REAL passive" crowd, but makes it a centerfold of his kit, rather than just a random buff. +7 nice

Makes Vex armor more reasonable to those who dislike recasting. +5 okay

Doesn't suggest letting Chroma change element mid-mission. +11 Godlike

Doesn't suggest letting Chroma Fly. +11 Godlike

Adds in the idea that Chroma has to rain fire on enemies to get his buffs, befitting of a dragon +8 pleasant surprise

Removes the period of vulnerability between Vex armor casts. -5 uncomfortable

Leaves Effigy mostly untouched, when it is also fairly lackluster. -2 trivial

Worried he'll have too much access to damage, with Vex being a toggle, and the new passives giving more damage on procs than before. -6 lightly concerning.

Best chroma rework I've seen. Great ideas.

I'm debating how well I think the roles of each element fit, but overall they at least work for Chroma. Sustain, Tank(CC), reflect, and raw damage.

I'd almost say Toxin should be Regen, though, with Medicinal Toxin's being a thing and all.

Thank you for the review :satisfied:

As for your concerns, Vex Armor should probably go back to a duration, but with overall damage contributing to the buffs (because overshields can and will make the ability useless). I don't know if that's the right direction but I do appreciate any and all suggestions.

Effigy, I honestly have no idea what to do. I have thought of ways to improve it, maybe even replace it, but nothing I can come up with seems better except giving it CC immunity, at least for knock back.

Toxin for regen is an interesting concept. I'm considering it until I can get someone who can do the math better than I can to figure out which effect has better synergies with which procs.