Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Nerf/Rework Soundquake

Somb3rBivalve

Just an opinion from a new player. Last night, for example, I was on Hydros defense. Waves ended before they even started - no mobs around. While I am glad I leveled up fast, I was afk the whole time (because I had nothing to do). Tbh I'd prefer playing the game, even if I have to struggle. I don't care that the playstyle is considered afk or lazy for the banshee player himself, but when I meet a banshee I have no choice other than to be afk myself lol.                                                                                                                                   

So, being honest, I instantly decided I'll roll a banshee too, so that I don't have to depend on anyone for farming. And that's what a lot of players will do as well. I already meet a banshee in almost every party - imagine meeting 3 more banshees.

Have you optimized most of your frames and weapons?  I would be happy to see a Banshee doing SQ in Hydron when leveling up things.

If you have optimized your frames and weapons, you can avoid random people and actually solo all missions, included sorties (yes, even interception) with different modifiers (some just take longer).

If you can only play with random people, it is difficult to avoid the situation that you described.

Edited by modalmojo
typo

Soundquake (especially with the augment) is to single-tile missions in general what Blind Mirage was to Interceptions before Prism obeyed line of sight. Turn off enemies. No interactions. Only difference is costing more energy, as if that's ever been a problem for the kind of degenerate, exploitative gameplay of people that would use it.

That augment was a mistake. Literally inconceivable how it was actually allowed in.. can't even blame the Design Council even if they were polled on that round of augments, since we've seen their votes being basically subverted in the meanwhile. They're more what you'd call guidelines, than actual rules.

I would like a change to soundquake, give banshee a dance dance revolution minigame where she has to press her movement keys in time to the prompts to keep up her wubwub xD. So at least shes doing some small movements to avoid the afk timer and isnt able to actually go afk and come back a minute later to refresh.

Seriously though, banshees annoy me more than any of the other aoe frames purely because as levels ramp up they stop killing things but the banshee more often than not doesnt notice and just keeps everything locked up till they get back from their coffee

Except limbo. Because fox that guy.

Edited by LuckyCharm
Limbo

Stop going to Hydron/Akkad/Draco/whatever and expecting it not to be the loot cave it is.  The game can't be balanced around the laziest farm in the game and it only imbalances the entire rest of the game when they try.  Stop going to the laziest farm and expecting it not to be the laziest farm.  That's why it's popular.  Not because it's the best farm.  It's the laziest.  That's the only reason to go there.  Nerf Banshee, remove Hydron and there will just be another to take its place while we lose another frame/weapon/mission.  *Waves at the Symulor, Tonkor, Draco,...

Gara was nerfed because her giant impenetrable wall ruined the interactivity of the game for other players, I'd argue that Banshee's soundquake is no different. But if you nerf Banshee do you really think that boring one-trick farming builds on Hydron are really going to stop? You still have Ember, you still have Equinox, you still have Mesa, hell even Nehza or Hydroid can just spam their 4s continuously with a max range/efficiency build to wipe out every wave. I don't particularly enjoy having defense missions where I don't really get to do anything but stand there and wait for my affinity to go up, but nerfing one frame is not going to change this. Banshee isn't the source of the problem here, she's simply the most popular because her trash mob clearing skills require the least effort.

• 2 weeks later...
On 23/12/2017 at 4:51 PM, BlackCoMerc said:

To me, it's not about kill stealing. It's about utterly eliminating interaction for everyone else. 

Not that this is just a Banshee problem. Saryn used to do it; Mesa still does, to a lesser extent. It's a design problem, in that Support is an under supported role beyond CC Cheese.

I just don't understand what the problem is. The only time I see Quake being used is whilst XP farming and sometimes relics. If I didn't want to see a Banshee I would just pick any other node or play it solo or with a recruited squad. I would certainly not moan about people utilising their abilities. Rather, I would adapt my play style and use of my abilities to best benefit the squad to complete the mission. Ie seeing a quaking Banshee on Hydron; I'd kill the harder enemies in the corners that Quake struggles with, chuck energy pads down for banshee when her energy's about depleted and provide cover whilst she's refuelling. There's always some way to help the squad and I think this is the only time I see a quaking Banshee and that's because it's the reason I am there!

Instead of  complicated matchmaking options how about MR tiered?

E.g. MR:

(0-4) (5-9) (10-14) (15-19) (20-24) etc pushed together during match making.

In the event of no players available in the tier then just randomly matched with an option to play solo if no players in your tier are available. 

I think this would take a lot of frustration out of all mission types and nodes and with what people are trying to achieve from each game. 

3 hours ago, (Xbox One)O Cheeky 1 said:

I just don't understand what the problem is. The only time I see Quake being used is whilst XP farming and sometimes relics. If I didn't want to see a Banshee I would just pick any other node or play it solo or with a recruited squad. I would certainly not moan about people utilising their abilities. Rather, I would adapt my play style and use of my abilities to best benefit the squad to complete the mission. Ie seeing a quaking Banshee on Hydron; I'd kill the harder enemies in the corners that Quake struggles with, chuck energy pads down for banshee when her energy's about depleted and provide cover whilst she's refuelling. There's always some way to help the squad and I think this is the only time I see a quaking Banshee and that's because it's the reason I am there!

Instead of  complicated matchmaking options how about MR tiered?

E.g. MR:

(0-4) (5-9) (10-14) (15-19) (20-24) etc pushed together during match making.

In the event of no players available in the tier then just randomly matched with an option to play solo if no players in your tier are available. 

I think this would take a lot of frustration out of all mission types and nodes and with what people are trying to achieve from each game. 

True, though I think match making in terms of playtime is better, I see some people reaching MR24 with very little playtime (the least I saw was like less than 200 hours), MR doesn't mean much.

Was once in a round of Hydron to level stuff, and a (basically new) player was asking about Banshee in awe, since our Banshee was controlling the entire map. They tried telling the player that Soundquake is Banshee's only really good skill, and that the other skills were just kinda 'eh'. This is not okay. Banshee has gone from a perfectly fine frame with an out-of-place ult to a frame that people only use for said ult. Sound Quake needs a complete change, it doesn't fit with Banshee's kit at all, and players are only playing Banshee to abuse it

On 12/20/2017 at 1:21 AM, TheBarbaqueEggRoll said:

I dont understand why people moan about having good stuff in the game

It's a PvP mentality some players try to apply to PvE games. Notice how OP had the need to mention Banshee made the most damage, as if it somehow affects his rewards, affinity, or drops, or the leaderboard that doesn't exist.

• 2 weeks later...
On 17/01/2018 at 8:55 PM, modalmojo said:

True, though I think match making in terms of playtime is better, I see some people reaching MR24 with very little playtime (the least I saw was like less than 200 hours), MR doesn't mean much.

Yes, definitely! We've all played with a low MR who has more team play skills and knowledge of the games mechanics than those of MR 20+.

If a balance or mixture could be found for matchmaking, I believe it'd stop this crying for everything to be nerfed when being utilised for certain (and in most cases, expected) missions.