The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Griefing?

TioMegaManX

This has happened to me a lot of times so is not a coincidence, let's say I go to Hydron to level up my stuff, I carry myself as much as possible, we finish 5 waves, the other 3 players choose to battle, I know I can do it, then at the last second they extract and I am left alone to defend, depending on the frame that means I am doomed or I may be able to survive until wave 10, otherwise is time wasted and all bonus lost.

How can I even avoid those players if the log is cleared once the host migration happens?

• Like 1

DE all but eliminated this when they changed the prompt. Now, if all 4 players battle, it auto-starts the next round. If 3 of us are in battle and 1 is undecided, i dont trust them to battle any more than i expect them to leave, so i leave. It was a glorious change that basically 100% kills this troll move.

Just now, Miser_able said:

If everyone chooses the same option the timer ends immediately, so... Choose sooner? 

I am literally off by one second every time, I see them extract when the timer is in 2, and every time I do is too late and I am forced into battle, the timer says 1 but the timing seems to be 0.

1 minute ago, VanFanel1980mx said:

I am literally off by one second every time, I see them extract when the timer is in 2, and every time I do is too late and I am forced into battle, the timer says 1 but the timing seems to be 0.

That doesn’t change the fact that when everyone picks the same choice, it instantly progresses.

If one or two people pick extract. Pick extract too. 

Just now, krc473 said:

That doesn’t change the fact that when everyone picks the same choice, it instantly progresses.

If one or two people pick extract. Pick extract too. 

They literally stay middle, one of them may "extract", then the rest "decide" to battle, so I pick battle since we may be at least 3, then they pick extract right before the timer goes to 1 and I am trapped.

i wouldnt say thats griefing maybe you wanted to leave and the other wanted to carry on but with you leaving that means the enemys wont spawn as much so thats probably why they left. its happened to me alot of times as well but i just carry on and forget about it. maybe at the start of the match ask how far you ugys wanna go or something.

7 hours ago, VanFanel1980mx said:

They literally stay middle, one of them may "extract", then the rest "decide" to battle, so I pick battle since we may be at least 3, then they pick extract right before the timer goes to 1 and I am trapped.

If they stay in the middle, they are leaving. If one hits extract, also hit extract. If you are exp farming it is more efficient to leave the squad and find another 4 person squad than carry on with three anyway. 

9 hours ago, VanFanel1980mx said:

This has happened to me a lot of times so is not a coincidence, let's say I go to Hydron to level up my stuff, I carry myself as much as possible, we finish 5 waves, the other 3 players choose to battle, I know I can do it, then at the last second they extract and I am left alone to defend, depending on the frame that means I am doomed or I may be able to survive until wave 10, otherwise is time wasted and all bonus lost.

How can I even avoid those players if the log is cleared once the host migration happens?

All you can do is /ignore them so you aren't grouped together a second time.

The players who AFK in kuva runs are especially annoying. It's not like this game is hard to begin with, just run around and press E like everyone else for 5mins and get your kuva.

I never choose battle if I know I won't be able to solo the next 5 waves. If I know I can't then I stay undecided until everyone else has picked. If even one other person is also undecided by the time 3 seconds are left then I extract. 

Edited by Legion-Shields

3 minutes ago, VanFanel1980mx said:

That many times at different points during different hours under the same pattern? sure.

The issue is not the time, but personal location and internet provider. I have had issues with my old(er) providers considering Warframe to some rather obscene territory

If you want to flip the pancake towards "sure, it happens all the time" - consider the following - In my time in Warframe in the current fissure system I have encountered your issue only once, yet I have done enough fissure farmings to have 95% of the primes and enough pocket money to buy stuff on a whim. 

6 minutes ago, phoenix1992 said:

The issue is not the time, but personal location and internet provider. I have had issues with my old(er) providers considering Warframe to some rather obscene territory

If you want to flip the pancake towards "sure, it happens all the time" - consider the following - In my time in Warframe in the current fissure system I have encountered your issue only once, yet I have done enough fissure farmings to have 95% of the primes and enough pocket money to buy stuff on a whim. 

What does that last bit have to do with people allegedly trapping others into a solo defense?

Edited by VanFanel1980mx

Just now, VanFanel1980mx said:

What does that have to do with people allegedly trapping others into a solo defense?

It has more to do with the fact that you are seeing the information and timers with delay. Meaning people may not want to *clem* you over but you are showed as afk/neutral in the continue screen and they decide to pull off instead of dealing with leaches. 

If you ask the question "how often do you get *clemed* like that" very few will reply. If you ask "how many times you have seen player that is staying in the neutral selection for some time" the answer will be diffrent.

On 1.01.2018 at 8:37 PM, hooperinius said:

All you can do is /ignore them so you aren't grouped together a second time.

The players who AFK in kuva runs are especially annoying. It's not like this game is hard to begin with, just run around and press E like everyone else for 5mins and get your kuva.

I'll be damned. You just defined the entire game in a single sentence. Love it.

The best rule of thumb is simple; can you solo the next wave if you had to? Do you feel you can make it to the next round with the number of people who say yes? If you can't be sure then leave. If you are not playing with close friends any other type of consideration is pointless. Don't assume anyone is there to help you unless you chat with them and get agreement on how many waves you all want to go for. That way you can gauge whether you can make it. If they lie they lie, but honestly most players hare honest if asked and if someone truly trolls you then like someone mentioned you can block them from matchmaking.