The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

What weapons would you like to see in game!?

(PSN)i7081277

• 2 weeks later...
On 3.01.2018 at 10:10 PM, AlphaPHENIX said:

Specifically I want a Bow that splits into Dual Swords.

Gameplay wise that's impractical. Also would make more sense if it splits into a whip, because you know, string.

•A Nikana Shoto (like Teshin's) would be neato.

•A something functioning similarly to the Venka but it's a single blade (Like Adam Jensen's from Deus Ex (or even base the stance off of Adam Jensen)).

•Something vaguely resembling the LeMat Revolver that has two separate ammo pools (1 for the revolver, one for the Shotgun) with switching of fire modes like the Zarr.

•Something that functions like the G11, fully auto, but an ~1800RPM 3 round burst alt fire that has punch through (perhaps like the tenora?)-nvm that is the tenora, still going to leave it here

•An actual shotgun bow (unlike the Cernos Prime) model has multiple arrows that function like shotgun pellets, slightly higher than average crit chance with equally slightly above average crit damage.

•AkVasto Prime? (Yay more hurting hands)

•Christmas only Solstice weapon-A whip, adorned in Christmas lights, or even have it as a skin for whips

I'll probably have more later...

8 minutes ago, The_Polish said:

Gameplay wise that's impractical. Also would make more sense if it splits into a whip, because you know, string.

Did't I adress this already? I feel like I adressed this already.

The string would be made out of energy, that easily disappears when it's not needed.

You know, similiar to the Lenz.

I did...on the previous page no less.

What I would like to see, when they do another community weapon design is either a new class of secondaries, like our speargun, or a Ball and Chain (a heavy counterpart to our whips), of maybe a Grineer or Infested design.

On another note, Infested speargun and Grineer bow when?

59 minutes ago, AlphaPHENIX said:

I knew about the krohkur, but I that's not what I meant by dual swords (it honestly looks more like dual sly cooper canes). I never knew about the dex dakra. Too bad it's a one time deal

I was thinking something like this 

latest?cb=20091118225706

7 hours ago, (Xbox One)A Frikn Grizzly said:

Guns that actually look like guns. Like, why is there absolutely nothing even remotely aesthetically comparable to the Lex?

You mean 21st century guns

The Euphona Prime looks like a gun, the Mare's Leg to be precise

Baza looks like a carbine/SMG hybrid

Revolvers look like, well revolvers (appart front the Pandero)

Lato and sicarus

Also what DE do is make their weapons look aesthetically pleasing/look different. They have the creative freedom to make anything, and not bound to making a HK416 or a P226 exactly how they look.

But my point is there are weapons that do resemble standard firearms.

Edited by The_Polish

7 hours ago, The_Polish said:

You mean 21st century guns

The Euphona Prime looks like a gun, the Mare's Leg to be precise

Baza looks like a carbine/SMG hybrid

Revolvers look like, well revolvers (appart front the Pandero)

Lato and sicarus

Also what DE do is make their weapons look aesthetically pleasing/look different. They have the creative freedom to make anything, and not bound to making a HK416 or a P226 exactly how they look.

But my point is there are weapons that do resemble standard firearms.

This all look like nerf guns to me. I know they have the creative freedom to make anything, but they made the Lex, surely th ey could make a few more like it. Or at least a skin or two for it.

3 hours ago, (Xbox One)A Frikn Grizzly said:

This all look like nerf guns to me. I know they have the creative freedom to make anything, but they made the Lex, surely th ey could make a few more like it. Or at least a skin or two for it.

Well they did have the Dark Sector skins they were working on... Wonder how's that going.

And did you really call the Euphona Prime a nerf gun? That's mean man...

Remember this is a science-fantasy game, guns don't have to look like guns to be guns. They want to make their guns eccentric and (I can't know for sure because I don't work at DE) they might find conventional firearms look boring, mundane at a grander scheme of things and deem that they would be inappropriate in this game, and I can see that their first weapons were very much based off of conventional firearms, Lato, Lex, Boltor all resemble in one way or another a 20th/21st century weapon (the Lex particularly looking like a M1911). But as they progressed their artistic style evolved into what we have now.

Edited by The_Polish
Autocorrect shenanigans