Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

What weapons would you like to see in game!?

(PSN)i7081277

6 hours ago, Unus said:

Personally? I think it's just how much the plasma has been ionized. Essentially, the plasma sword's blade is extremely ionized, but lacks in the temperature department. Meanwhile, the Cycron's plasma emitter focuses way less on ionizeing the plasma and far more on the molten super-heating of it and dumping as much of it on a target as possible, bare-minimum burning gas.

If you're going to completely ionise the plasma, you're going to have to dump a lot of energy into it, thus heat, so it would still be very hot... So yeah, I disregarded the electrical conductivity of ions when I was thinking about it, but now it should be both electric and heat damage, which would end up with radiation damage... Which would make so little sense, unless they make the damages separate.

I don't even want to start on how elemental damage combinations work. This game is a headache for those that want to explain it via conventional science. I mean we got the goddamn void... And kids that are able to control techno-organic battle suits via their minds enabled by space magic, that are able to obliterate everything...

Edited by The_Polish

2 minutes ago, The_Polish said:

If you're going to completely ionise the plasma, you're going to have to dump a lot of energy into it, thus heat, so it would still be very hot... So yeah, I disregarded the electrical conductivity of ions when I was thinking about it, but now it should be both electric and heat damage, which would end up with radiation damage... Which would make so little sense, unless they make the damages separate.

I don't even want to start on how elemental damage combinations work. This game is a headache for those that want to explain it via conventional science. I mean we got the goddamn void... And kids that are able to control techno-organic battle suits via their minds enabled by space magic, that are able to obliterate everything...

Oh, naturally, but that's how I get all my kicks outside of Warframe play, creating new weapons and many other pieces while also "explaining" how they functin. 

3 minutes ago, Unus said:

Oh, naturally, but that's how I get all my kicks outside of Warframe play, creating new weapons and many other pieces while also "explaining" how they functin. 

A man/woman/human after my own heart.

Although I also enjoy making my own theories about the lore, which have been already probably made, but doesn't take away from the satisfaction.

Edited by The_Polish

19 minutes ago, (Xbox One)Fluffywolf36 said:

I drew something like that awhile back:

depezador_by_haruaxeman-db5g4tj.jpg

(Standard)

telos_depezador__early_colored_version__

(Telos)

untitled_drawing_by_haruaxeman-dbq8smk.p

(Prime)

Now that is something I would love to see/use.

Incredible artistic skills. It looks fantastic.

Edited by The_Polish

7 hours ago, The_Polish said:

A man/woman/human after my own heart.

Although I also enjoy making my own theories about the lore, which have been already probably made, but doesn't take away from the satisfaction.

Believe me, every time I come back here, I have to resist the urge to just plunk down one of my ideas from here, rather then mutter my old stand-by of "Finish off the Holy Ye-Olde Shooter set weaponwise.", weaponry that our ancient forebearers such as Doom and Wolfenstein came with lock-stock-and-barrel right off the bat. 'Twas only recently that they managed to plug the age-old hole of "pump-action shotgun".

Thankfully, much as I'd love an extra pair of fresh eyes to look at and tear-apart/ build-up my creations, I still have the scruples to respect topics as they are, rather then force my way in.

Say! Would you happen to have an area of Idea Dedication of your own out there somewhere? I'd be more then delighted to peruse it.

for melee, I want a real spear/lance with a stabbing animation. Kinda sad I don't find it in WF atm. I also think some ball-and-chain/flail would be interesting. The animation might look like a heavy whip with more impact.

for primary/secondary, a throwing card as a weapon would be nice. finally, limbo/mirage can have a stylish weapon as a magician/jester. 

2 hours ago, Unus said:

Say! Would you happen to have an area of Idea Dedication of your own out there somewhere? I'd be more then delighted to peruse it.

I tend to store my ideas within the depths of my head, while they slowly influence what I do, untill they are forgotten as a whole, but remain a part of I. That makes me have little amounts of actual ideas, but those that I share tend to be shared with a lot of though behind them (usually).

Also I have to say, your fancy dialect, can be confusing at times.

29 minutes ago, The_Polish said:

I tend to store my ideas within the depths of my head, while they slowly influence what I do, untill they are forgotten as a whole, but remain a part of I. That makes me have little amounts of actual ideas, but those that I share tend to be shared with a lot of though behind them (usually).

Also I have to say, your fancy dialect, can be confusing at times.

Ahhhh, I get you sir/mam, I "founded" the Pit specifically to avoid that particular nasty situation, lost memories are one of my deep and unyielding personal fears and I'd hate to part with one without actually knowing if it has quality or not, bad judge of my own work.

Oh, heh, for you and the rest of the Earth it seems. Might be one of the reasons I get alotta traffic on release days, but, no thoughts. Where'd I go wrong here?

16 minutes ago, Unus said:

Ahhhh, I get you sir/mam, I "founded" the Pit specifically to avoid that particular nasty situation, lost memories are one of my deep and unyielding personal fears and I'd hate to part with one without actually knowing if it has quality or not, bad judge of my own work.

Oh, heh, for you and the rest of the Earth it seems. Might be one of the reasons I get alotta traffic on release days, but, no thoughts. Where'd I go wrong here?

Some special things that I would want to preserve I keep on my phone. While the rest, they never truly are forgotten. I have a very good memory, selective, but good, and sometimes I come across one of the "forgotten" memory and add to it something I wouldn't have previously. I'm not afraid of forgetting, because nothing is ever really forgotten.

I like your unique form of transferring written word, it makes one think, and thinking allows one to grow. Being exposed to things familiar, will not be the catalyst for change, you, are that catalyst, at least for understanding written word of seemingly peculiar nature. That being said, once you understand it, it is, in a way, beautiful.

Also to clarify, I am of the male sex, and masculine gender.

Edited by The_Polish

10 hours ago, The_Polish said:

Some special things that I would want to preserve I keep on my phone. While the rest, they never truly are forgotten. I have a very good memory, selective, but good, and sometimes I come across one of the "forgotten" memory and add to it something I wouldn't have previously. I'm not afraid of forgetting, because nothing is ever really forgotten.

I like your unique form of transferring written word, it makes one think, and thinking allows one to grow. Being exposed to things familiar, will not be the catalyst for change, you, are that catalyst, at least for understanding written word of seemingly peculiar nature. That being said, once you understand it, it is, in a way, beautiful.

Also to clarify, I am of the male sex, and masculine gender.

Huh, quite the philosophical viewpoint to have suh. I envy that confidence.

Huh, "a catalyst for thought", now there's a. . . that's a compliment I wasn't expectin. I. . . uh. . . thank you sir. I wonder how well that would fit to a resume. . .

Duly jotted down suh, to be kept in mind.

Also, to join in on the convo, maybe something of the nuclear variety? Haven't had anything primary there yet, if I recall.

1 hour ago, Unus said:

Huh, quite the philosophical viewpoint to have suh. I envy that confidence.

Huh, "a catalyst for thought", now there's a. . . that's a compliment I wasn't expectin. I. . . uh. . . thank you sir. I wonder how well that would fit to a resume. . .

Duly jotted down suh, to be kept in mind.

Also, to join in on the convo, maybe something of the nuclear variety? Haven't had anything primary there yet, if I recall.

People do tend to say I have some pretty philosophical quotes/outlooks.

I say what I think, without thinking much: I enjoy bringing joy to the lives of others, compliments are one of the easiest ways of doing that, also I am a realist leaning to the optimist side; I find what is good, even if it seems all bad, your dialect may seem peculiar, but instead it's intriguing and fascinating. (And I don't think it'll work on a resume)

Nuclear weapon... So an explosive weapon, dealing blast and radiation damage. So something similar to the fat man launcher from the Fallout series?

Or perhaps instead a weapon that uses nuclear energy to create an energy beam? Like a mini nuclear reactor, which directs energy out of a "barrel". And it works on a overheat mechanic, whereby if you overheat the weapon it needs to vent the excess heat in an unsafe way (due to being experimental) and damages the player with heat and/or radiation damage. Or instead you can (similarly to the daily tribute milestone weapons) de-stabilise the nuclear fuel and use it as an AoE sentry/Zenistar disc like thing. That would make it use ammo (which from a nuclear weapon that isn't a bomb seems inefficient but oh well) thus negating the overheat mechanic. Or perhaps not giving any special mechanic and exchanging heatsinks as a magazine (that would satisfy the realism bit of it) possibly giving it infinite ammo, as when one heatsink is inserted the other(s) cool down. 

Some creative insight.

53 minutes ago, The_Polish said:

People do tend to say I have some pretty philosophical quotes/outlooks.

I say what I think, without thinking much: I enjoy bringing joy to the lives of others, compliments are one of the easiest ways of doing that, also I am a realist leaning to the optimist side; I find what is good, even if it seems all bad, your dialect may seem peculiar, but instead it's intriguing and fascinating. (And I don't think it'll work on a resume)

Nuclear weapon... So an explosive weapon, dealing blast and radiation damage. So something similar to the fat man launcher from the Fallout series?

Or perhaps instead a weapon that uses nuclear energy to create an energy beam? Like a mini nuclear reactor, which directs energy out of a "barrel". And it works on a overheat mechanic, whereby if you overheat the weapon it needs to vent the excess heat in an unsafe way (due to being experimental) and damages the player with heat and/or radiation damage. Or instead you can (similarly to the daily tribute milestone weapons) de-stabilise the nuclear fuel and use it as an AoE sentry/Zenistar disc like thing. That would make it use ammo (which from a nuclear weapon that isn't a bomb seems inefficient but oh well) thus negating the overheat mechanic. Or perhaps not giving any special mechanic and exchanging heatsinks as a magazine (that would satisfy the realism bit of it) possibly giving it infinite ammo, as when one heatsink is inserted the other(s) cool down. 

Some creative insight.

Ah, overthought, my favorite past-time since I entered the double-digits. Refreshing perspective to have there though suh, in this digital sea's strange ocean of misanthropeism and "expected mask-making". Hard to find.

Intrigueing. A bit of the Mass Effectian Prothean Rifle, intermingled with a bit of the Dead Spaceian Pulse Rifle.

Was (sadly) thinking about one of my older products alas, a matter/antimatter beam-gun with no aim fire, only a primary rad-beam and a secondary explosive one. Kill a guy with both beams at once and, well, become a bit of a mushroom farmer, ya will, heh.

Also had a modification for the Ogris that added in a bitta nuclear fire, but, it's a bit less relevant to the topic at hand.

Edited by Unus

Weapon I want:

Fargo Flintlocke's signature "Chuck-shot", which consisted of two charges of heavy blasting powder (pushed in with a ramrod), one juvenile woodchuck (angry) (also pushed in with a ramrod), and plenty of dwarven genius. Except lets replace the juvenile woodchuck with a juvenile kurbrow, add 200 more charges of heavy blasting powder, and one really pissed off Valkyr. 

In serious requests, I would actually like something like a transforming weapon, something that would take up multiple slots but switch form, like a sniper scythe.  

46 minutes ago, Unus said:

Intrigueing. A bit of the Mass Effectian Prothean Rifle, intermingled with a bit of the Dead Spaceian Pulse Rifle.

Although I didn't think of it then, it is similar to the Prothean Rifle (did not play Dead space so cant talk about that one). A lot of weapons are cool down based (original Mass Effect for example). Perhaps unconsciously I have brought my inspiration from that, and put my own spin on things. (As well as give multiple concepts)

49 minutes ago, Unus said:

Was (sadly) thinking about one of my older products alas, a matter/antimatter beam-gun with no aim fire, only a primary rad-beam and a secondary explosive one. Kill a guy with both beams at once and, well, become a bit of a mushroom farmer, ya will, heh.

Also had a modification for the Ogris that added in a bitta nuclear fire, but, it's a bit less relevant to the topic at hand.

Not sadly. When people are greeted with a concept, many will have different ways of utilising it. Yours is different, yet equally viable, and arguably more intriguing due to matter/antimatter beams. Cross the beams and well... Photon showers! (Not recommended)